On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (v3)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (v3)
On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (v3)
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 22 23 24
By SimonSes 2021-01-07 05:31:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
But yes, essentially, for certain physical TP moves with a Status Effect attached, the only way to avoid the Status Effect is to evade the move entirely.

Which one tho? Because for sure you can avoid status effect attached to physical tp move even when you get hit with it (like avoiding being stunned by Replica's Seismostomp), so I guess you are talking about some exceptions?
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-01-07 10:51:28
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
But yes, essentially, for certain physical TP moves with a Status Effect attached, the only way to avoid the Status Effect is to evade the move entirely.

Which one tho? Because for sure you can avoid status effect attached to physical tp move even when you get hit with it (like avoiding being stunned by Replica's Seismostomp), so I guess you are talking about some exceptions?

I'm not sure why people are finding this so difficult to comprehend...

Are there physical TP moves with a Status Effect attached? Yes.

If a Status Effect is attached to said physical TP move, is it bound by physical evasion, magic evasion and even status resist checks? Yes.

Are there TP moves that completely ignore the magic evasion and status resist checks, meaning you can only avoid said Status Effect by physical evasion check of the TP move itself? Yes. But they are so few and far between, they are the exception to that rule.
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2021-01-07 11:05:19
Link | Quote | Reply

If the move lands, even for 0 dmg, then the ailment has a chance to land but you can still evade it with magic evasion. If it doesn't land in that case, then it was due to magic evasion.

If you evade the move entirely, then magic evasion doesn't factor in, the ailment just doesn't land.

I hope that helps!
By SimonSes 2021-01-07 16:01:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure why people are finding this so difficult to comprehend...

Are there physical TP moves with a Status Effect attached? Yes.

If a Status Effect is attached to said physical TP move, is it bound by physical evasion, magic evasion and even status resist checks? Yes.

Are there TP moves that completely ignore the magic evasion and status resist checks, meaning you can only avoid said Status Effect by physical evasion check of the TP move itself? Yes. But they are so few and far between, they are the exception to that rule.

It's not hard to comprehend at all. I understood it very well, I just thought he might knows this few exceptions because I would like to know them too.
By DaneBlood 2021-01-07 16:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
If the move lands, even for 0 dmg, then the ailment has a chance to land but you can still evade it with magic evasion. If it doesn't land in that case, then it was due to magic evasion.

If you evade the move entirely, then magic evasion doesn't factor in, the ailment just doesn't land.

I hope that helps!

just for clarification but that is not really the question he asked.

Sylph.Brahmsz posted a statesmen that some spell if their physical part lands then that is all it takes, and no amount of magic evasion will help you against the additional effect. or rather there is no additonal magic hit that needs to land for the effect to take....effect.

SimonSes is asking into which moves these are as he is curious to know

both of them know how the normal "phys hit first then magic hit" works
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-01-07 17:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Any and all encumbrance moves ignore MEVA like that.

Certain Dispels do too, like Ironside's Turbine Cyclone.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-01-07 17:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »

Good examples. I would note that both of these also circumvent shield block's status prevention for physical WS.

And to add to the pile, I believe the hydra move Trembling(dispel) is also like this.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2021-01-07 17:39:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Asura.Geriond said: »

Good examples. I would note that both of these also circumvent shield block's status prevention for physical WS.

And to add to the pile, I believe the hydra move Trembling(dispel) is also like this.

If you evade these, they also miss. RUN's parry rate is very nice for Trembling, however you can't parry Turbine Cyclone.
Also Terror from Odin in Black and White master trial. You can parry to avoid that.

go go evasion builds?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-01-07 17:46:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiraj said: »
however you can't parry Turbine Cyclone.
This seems odd. You can shield block Turbine Cyclone, so it has to be a physical attack. And should thus, be parry-able as well.

How did you determine that it could not be parried?

A blocked Turbine cyclone. Block message via battlemod addon.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2021-01-07 17:47:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I had a brain fart and was thinking about counter tbh. Some tp moves and auto attacks can't be countered, so I think I just had some mess up.
Edit:
I do know though, that some moves are physical, that cannot be parried though, an Ironclad's Stomp for example, that cannot be parried, but can be blocked.
However my first statement was a brain fart, I've not tested Turbine Cyclone with parrying.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-01-07 17:52:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I had a brain fart and was thinking about counter tbh. Some tp moves and auto attacks can't be countered, so I think I just had some mess up.
Ahh. I don't think any tp move can be countered. As for autoattacks.. I suspect the ones that themselves sort of count as WS, aoe melee attack, like Ironclads, or multi hit animations that show as a single hit(Gabranth triple bite), would not be counter-able. Any normal melee auto attack should be valid to counter though.
Also Terror from Odin in Black and White master trial. You can parry to avoid that.
Hmmm. I wonder if shield blocks could prevent this as well then, being physical and thus blockable?... that said there have been things that blocks can't prevent so it could fall under that classification.

When I did this fight on PLD, I used Aegis, so blocking wasn't happening. lol.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2021-01-07 17:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

You can probably test with Priwen and stack geo fend/attunement on you maybe?

I know if all adds are alive it's rough without Aegis, but not so bad if they're dead.

Edit:
But yeah I think it's a limited selection of AoE TP moves that cannot be parried, similar to how some form of AoE auto attacks cannot be countered.

From the top of my head, Byakko has 3 different auto attack animations, and only 1 of them is counterable. Something similar with Seiryu as well.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-01-07 17:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I do know though, that some moves are physical, that cannot be parried though, an Ironclad's Stomp for example, that cannot be parried, but can be blocked.
Hmm. I've not tested parries on that one myself. I'll put it on my "Might test" list though. If I can unlazy enough to make the walk out to the Ironclad camp.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-01-07 19:34:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I went to play with some Ironclads. I actually meant to go to the Apex Ironclads, but didn't plan the route ahead of time and went the wrong way. lol.

Anyway. Set up a tp change report, then battuta'd while wearing a parry focused set.

The two marked misses here were stomp attacks. Sadly I have no way to actually demonstrate that short of a full video, and I'm not going that for for this. Bit of a pain in the *** that there's no way to tell in the logs which attack animation was used but, well...

So, while the attacks in question missed, the TP change report and the timestamp show that these were parries, as the 40 TP return is the Tactical parry return value.

It really sucks that Kenshi wasn't able to find anything in the packets for these that would show if it was a miss or a parry. But if the info to tell them apart isn't in the packet, what can you do?

Anyway, it does not appear that any of the Ironclads melee attacks were unparry-able.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2021-01-07 20:27:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh damn, that's good to know. I never thought to check using that method for TP gain. I retract my statement then, good work man.
By DaneBlood 2021-01-08 22:31:16
Link | Quote | Reply

is there any reason for going above 500 enhacing skill for bar status. Do we know if the strength caps there as well ( like bar elemental does)?

right now my enhancing skill set puts me at 546 and i kinda want to remove some of the gear and replace it with duration instead if it does not negative impact the performance
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-01-08 23:33:31
Link | Quote | Reply

since there is no actual display for bar status I don't think we'll ever say with 100% certainty, but the only spells that go over 500 skill were introduced after 99 cap.
 Asura.Buffyslyph
By Asura.Buffyslyph 2021-01-12 03:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Outfitting a whm mule, not gonna min/max but want something functional. Any suggestions on an idle set for DT-/Refresh?
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-01-12 03:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Buffyslyph said: »
Outfitting a whm mule, not gonna min/max but want something functional. Any suggestions on an idle set for DT-/Refresh?
ItemSet 373998
8-9 refresh, 36 -pdt, can use Ayamno when needing more pdt/dt
Can swap the body for Ebers, head for Befouled Crown
 Asura.Buffyslyph
By Asura.Buffyslyph 2021-01-13 05:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for that Wotasu, that got me started. I'm leaning towards something like this:

ItemSet 377557

That is -49 PDT and -50 MDT and refresh +8

If I replace Homilary with Staunch Talthum +1 that puts me at 50/50 -DT and I can free up the earring slot that has Genmei in it, but I'd lose a refresh tick.

I don't love latent, so not a fan of the waist item you linked.

Is there another PDT waist I can use to cap -PDT, or are there full-time regen waist/earrings I'm not looking at? Dawn earring is daytime only. Considering using Ethereal instead of Genmei too.

So to summarize:

1. I'm looking for a full-time regen earring or waist piece (ideally both)
2. I'm looking for a -PDT waist to cap -PDT without giving up a refresh tick as outlined above.
 Asura.Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-01-13 07:46:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Infused Earring Regen +1
You could swap the Stikini+1 for Inyanga Ring and still get the +1 refresh(save gil)and gain meva which is nice.
With Shell V you dont need to hit -50MDT.
Ayanmo Ring has -3dt but no Refresh.

Dont think Whm have access to a PDT waist sadly.
Slipor Sash is a common idle for the +3MDB,
Another is Embla Sash for +3 Sublimation
Carrier Sash has +15 to Elemental Resist which helps MEVA.

If you have access to Inyanga Tiara +2 it's a better option to Befoulded Crown from the extra Meva, and you still get the +1 Refresh from set bonus.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2021-01-13 11:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to add my 2 cents:

Capping PDT isn't super important on WHM, as they generally shouldn't be in the thick of the fight. I'm usually standing some 18-20' away from the mob most of the time. I think my most commonly-used idle set for WHM has something like 35-40 PDT and that's including Shamash Robe.

I find that magic evasion is often far more important, because while physical damage will rarely pose a threat to a WHM, ailments can and do. Particularly paralyze & silence. You'll generally be using Barspells to protect against those, plus the high magic evasion from gear like Inyanga, means your magic evasion is generally high enough to start seeing increasing returns from adding further magic evasion. That's why, for example, I'm a big fan of the Carrier's Sash for idle.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2021-01-13 11:47:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
Just to add my 2 cents:

Capping PDT isn't super important on WHM, as they generally shouldn't be in the thick of the fight. I'm usually standing some 18-20' away from the mob most of the time.

I concur in my experience ( and i might be wrong) i see much more of enfeeble stuff going on in the 20 yalms range than Dmg attack

However im working on having 2 different idle sets based on MP
-One with focus on Meva/resist that is in use when MP is high
- one focussed on refresh when MP gets low

E.g. the refresh belt only works with MP beloe 50% do there is no need to have it in the idle set when MP is high
By DaneBlood 2021-01-13 11:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Wotasu said: »
Another is Embla Sash for +3 Sublimation.

Side questions.
Does sublimination increase the amout of HP stored or just the speed to get it full?
if its in the later that might be a bad idea as it will mean sublimination is actually charging in a shorter time and thereby protecting you against sleep for a shorter time?
 Asura.Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-01-13 12:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

DaneBlood said: »
Asura.Wotasu said: »
Another is Embla Sash for +3 Sublimation.

Side questions.
Does sublimination increase the amout of HP stored or just the speed to get it full?
if its in the later that might be a bad idea as it will mean sublimination is actually charging in a shorter time and thereby protecting you against sleep for a shorter time?
How fast you fill the MP Tank. And yes shorter sleep protection.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2021-01-22 23:54:10
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my NoPotency set.
its for spell that does that not need gear to boost and as slot fillers in sets that have empty slots in it

ItemSet 377720
ConMP: 81
Emnity: 51~55
FC: 26
haste: 21

Any improvements I can easily toss in there?
By DaneBlood 2021-01-23 01:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The max cureset shoud lhave lebeach repalces with mephitas +1

the set is at 53% curepotncy so we dont need the 3% cure pot
the -5 emnity might be nice but mephiatas has 3~7 so i would say that is even
mephitas comes with an additional 15 conmp. which is nice to make up for the increased cost from raetic
By DaneBlood 2021-01-25 12:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

MY suggestion for an alternative starter set

ItemSet 360041

it is faster to get as weapon is right of the AH
it looses 2% Cure potentency II and 1% CurePotency
it gains the 10% additional weather bonus ending in stronger cures
I didnt really compared the rest of the stats

But i always found queller rod lacking unless you are not /sch
 Asura.Sutebe
user: tebe
By Asura.Sutebe 2021-01-25 13:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

DaneBlood said: »
This is my NoPotency set.
its for spell that does that not need gear to boost and as slot fillers in sets that have empty slots in it

ItemSet 377720
ConMP: 81
Emnity: 51~55
FC: 26
haste: 21

Any improvements I can easily toss in there?

pemphredo tathlum has 1 more conserve mp over clarus stone on it if that helps
[+]
 Asura.Raitoken
user: raitoken
By Asura.Raitoken 2021-02-11 20:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay so I just came back from not playing for 4 years and started a new character and had a few questions on gear.

What is the equivalency for +cursna? Is it Cursna+1=1 Magic acc = 2 Healing Magic skill = 3 mnd ect? I want to know because there are certain pieces I can grab but would hate to go out of my way to get them when my piece with healing skill is actually better.

Second question, how does the Chatoyant staff and obi with /sch help with potency. The guide really doesn't elaborate on it.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 22 23 24