On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (v3)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (v3)
On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (v3)
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 22 23 24
By DaneBlood 2021-02-27 22:46:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sudra said: »
Well, exclude barspells I guess? And regen, I think are the two I have specific sets for.

Elemental barspells caps at 500 as well its only bar-status that is unknown.
Personally i am assumming its the same with bar-status

you can get slightly above 500 enhancing skill with all 4 telchine sets and theophany feet
adding in emblash sash and ammurapi shield as well for duration
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-02-27 23:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

every enhancing spell for whm is pretty much no potency..

The few exceptions
bar element spells, 4/5 Empy + Relic pants + Beneficus + 500 skill
bar status 500 skill
phalanx (why are you not /sch) 500 skill
boost-XXX 500 skill

regen regen potency or duration + duration gear

warp/teleports fast cast + conserve MP

everything else is just duration +
 Asura.Buffyslyph
Server: Asura
By Asura.Buffyslyph 2021-03-01 06:01:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Reading last couple pages....

Is Chatoyant superior to Raetic Rod +1 if you have obi and weather bonus?
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-03-01 06:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Buffyslyph said: »
Reading last couple pages....

Is Chatoyant superior to Raetic Rod +1 if you have obi and weather bonus?
No, it's just a "safe" options since less mp drain.
Raetic+1 also needs Obi/Weather for full effect.
Cure 2 Raetic+1 in my set is doing 481 with Aurorastorm+Obi, while Chatoyant does 398.
 Asura.Buffyslyph
By Asura.Buffyslyph 2021-03-01 06:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for quick response, guess I need to farm an obi.
By eliroo 2021-03-01 07:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Wotasu said: »

Safe is kind of inconsequential to the argument. You will want to do lower tier cures in Raetic. Using the example above

Raetic +1 - 481 for 31.2 MP:
With Ebers pants = 28.86 MP refunded, so the spell has a netcost of about 3

Chatoyant - 398 for 24 MP
With Ebers pants this cure is free.

Chatoyant would probably have to do a Cure III to match the cast efficiency though in which case they would be negative 7-10 MP to get the same heal amount in the same amount of time.

Would probably be beneficial to just line up the cure values with expected MP return from Ebers and highlight which tiers raetic +1 is absolutely superior and which tiers you actually run the risk of bleeding too much MP.
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2021-03-01 17:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
Chatoyant would probably have to do a Cure III to match the cast efficiency though in which case they would be negative 7-10 MP to get the same heal amount in the same amount of time.
Except that Chatoyant Cure III will heal about 800 instead of 481. :) They don't line up evenly anymore, what you basically get is Cure 2.5. Raetic's Cure II cost is between Chatoyant's Cure II and III, and so is the HP healed.

Those numbers assume your cures are hitting for the max value too.

If you're a WHM like me who often casts Cure on a full-health person just to get cureskin up, you will heal for 0HP and not get any MP returned. Raetic costs can really hurt then.

Just something to keep in mind.
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Server: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2021-03-01 17:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I precure for cureskin all the time with Raetic and I still have absolutely zero mana issues.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2021-03-01 18:58:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Same, I use Cure 1 all the time now for Cureskin now that i have 2 Raetic +1's. Usually heals for 410 if the healing is needed. 500+ on a 30% Cure received PLD.

Never any MP issues with that strategy at all.
By DaneBlood 2021-03-01 21:33:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Safe is kind of inconsequential to the argument. You will want to do lower tier cures in Raetic. Using the example above

Would probably be beneficial to just line up the cure values with expected MP return from Ebers and highlight which tiers raetic +1 is absolutely superior and which tiers you actually run the risk of bleeding too much MP.

Plus with retaic i believe you open up for ring slot to have conserveMP 15 in it. that closes the gap with 4%
By eliroo 2021-03-01 21:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
If you're a WHM like me who often casts Cure on a full-health person just to get cureskin up, you will heal for 0HP and not get any MP returned. Raetic costs can really hurt then.

This is something I would probably build a swap around based on the targets HP, especially if mana was an issue.

If you are cure-skin bombing though I am going to assume that you have some external sources squaring away your mana or you are meleeing with a yagrush.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2021-03-01 21:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

DaneBlood said: »

Plus wiht reatic you open op for ring slot to have conservemp15 in it. that clsoes the gap with 4%

Even more than that if you use two.

This set for cures has +44 Conserve MP.

+71% Cure potency, +30% Cure potency II, +100 Cure+ ,531 Healing Magic ,-61 Enmity(with merits),-80% Casting time(8% from gifts),+44 Conserve MP, Alaunus' Cape: +10% FC

ItemSet 377863

And this one has +61 Conserve MP for Curaga.

+81% Cure potency, +30% Cure potency II, +100 Cure+ ,507 Healing Magic ,-51 Enmity(with merits),-80% Casting time(8% from gifts),+61 Conserve MP, (Alaunus' Cape: +10% FC), Vanya Hood Path C
ItemSet 377864
[+]
By eliroo 2021-03-01 21:52:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like the belt is moot, since I don't see much of a reason to double raetic unless you are getting aurorastorm since you could get similar healing results with just a single raetic and sub sch.

I'm also a small fan of Mephitas Ring. the potential for health dip seems silly in most situations.

Maybe this could work in a situation where you need to support a group with haste samba and there are no /SCHs to aurorastorm you.
[+]
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-03-02 01:19:09
Link | Quote | Reply

In the end both work, there is a a small difference in cure potency and that cost is 30mil~ So it's not a goto for cures for many healers.
[+]
 Shiva.Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2021-03-02 07:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, Raetic Rod is something I would consider a luxury upgrade and completely unnecessary. Once you're pretty much capped on WHM and have the experience, adding a Rod increases your power with virtually no sacrifice. I personally really like it because it also makes my heals really beefy on the other jobs that can wear it since they don't have the luxury of full timing Aurorastorm.
By DaneBlood 2021-03-02 07:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

In the end both work, there is a a small difference in cure potency and that cost is 30mil~ So it's not a goto for cures for many healers.

As long as it not queller rock or daybreak

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »

Not to be an *** but you point is under exaggerated in your examples since you sets are not optimal optimal for curing.
It's claar these sets are full time sets and not midtcast only optimized
They are missing out conmp on feet and ammo slot and perhps head to
By eliroo 2021-03-02 09:25:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the main point is that it is an upgrade and not some voodoo item that will sap all of your mana while you sleep.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2021-03-02 10:12:15
Link | Quote | Reply

For me, I feel more like I’ve “beaten the game” on WHM with this set. Since(day/weather bonus aside) every single stat that could enhance cures in any way is pretty much capped. Unless SE adds more cure+ on another piece of gear, I’m pretty much done with upgrades to cure set.
[+]
By eliroo 2021-03-02 10:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like R15 Gambann is when you beat the game on WHM.
 Shiva.Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2021-03-02 11:06:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I’m good, I’ll just be a 95% complete scrub.
[+]
 Asura.Epigram
user: jlisic
By Asura.Epigram 2021-03-02 11:58:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like R15 Gambann is when you beat the game on WHM.

My R-15 Gam was my first R-15 empy :P Dagan is so terrible though...
 Asura.Buffyslyph
By Asura.Buffyslyph 2021-03-02 13:08:05
Link | Quote | Reply

What's a cheap/not terrible replacement for Clr. Torque +2 neck? Not the NQ or the +1, just an alternate.
By eliroo 2021-03-02 13:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply

What's a cheap/not terrible replacement for Clr. Torque +2 neck? Not the NQ or the +1, just an alternate.

In terms of what aspect? The Erase +1 is irreplaceable. You can scrounge up some Mind/ Healing in other pieces like Phalaina and the Fast Cast can be got in the Orison Locket. Idk if there is a healing piece that has chunkloads of MND and Enmity down though.
By DaneBlood 2021-03-02 13:56:26
Link | Quote | Reply

In terms of what aspect? The Erase +1 is irreplaceable. You can scrounge up some Mind/ Healing in other pieces like Phalaina and the Fast Cast can be got in the Orison Locket. Idk if there is a healing piece that has chunkloads of MND and Enmity down though.

This
that nekc cover a lot of things so it really depends on waht you need it for.
are you lacking cure potency there isa 5% cure potency.
if you need it for fastcast ther are fast cast pieces.
or conserve MP pieces

if it becauese you dont want to pule money into WHM you can look at my easy/strong cure set here
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/53382/whitemage-gearsets/
 Asura.Buffyslyph
By Asura.Buffyslyph 2021-03-02 16:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

if it becauese you dont want to pule money into WHM you can look at my easy/strong cure set here

It's 80m to buy and upgrade on my 4th mule, yeah I'm questioning if it's worth it
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-02 16:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

If you question, the answer is no. Is it going to pay for itself by allowing you to do new and harder things. Nope. Going to make things slightly less annoying by casting one less erase. Which you can do with a NQ neck and zero RP.

Absolutely zero purpose. It's nice to have all that on one piece, sure. Nothing a boxed whm needs to waste effort on.
[+]
By eliroo 2021-03-02 16:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't recommend upgrading with heroism either way. The +0 and +1 are way more affordable though and can be RPed for 4-8mil if you buy an RP run or two.
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2021-03-02 17:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I use it unupgraded. Still gets the cool Erase bonus and.jusy switch to another neck for other stuff.
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2021-03-02 17:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

It's 80m to buy and upgrade on my 4th mule, yeah I'm questioning if it's worth it

Upgrading mules is never a loss. I have 3 near-BiS WHMs all with +2 torque (1 with a yag), a RMEA Brd, Rostam roll Cor, BiS RDM mule.

Having insta-cures for full HP on yourself is amazing. I've probably spent more on my mules than I have my main character and I have 0 regrets.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2021-03-02 20:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

This still didnt really provide the requested information for a meaningful answer to your initial question.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 22 23 24