Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Nqftw posted on the OF
Nqftw posted on the OF
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22
By ksoze 2020-05-08 15:09:46
Link | Quote | Reply

crafting tomatoes
By ksoze 2020-05-08 15:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

when the exploit came out, it was just 2 days before ppl caught up with the crafting levels i think now you see this.

seeing se's history if they are not gonna fix it, it's gonna be a mess in a week.

what do you guys think will happen?

ppl gonna compete with minimal material cost for hq pricing or some stuff?
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2020-05-08 15:17:53
Link | Quote | Reply

ksoze said: »
when the exploit came out, it was just 2 days before ppl caught up with the crafting levels i think now you see this. seeing se's history if they are not gonna fix it, it's gonna be a mess in a week. what do you guys think will happen?

ppl gonna compete with minimal material cost for hq pricing or some stuff?

Still think there is a lot of people not willing to risk it tbh.
By Draylo 2020-05-08 15:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

They are banning for it someone said, I wouldn't be surprised if their auto ban will catch it. If they don't catch it now, when they are in the office those people are toast.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-08 15:21:52
Link | Quote | Reply

They banned, past tense, 1 or 2 people, for one method of two(+) that exist.

No fix, no new bans, no effort.

And judging from the complete lack of response blaming work from home, it could be months before they bother.
By ksoze 2020-05-08 15:24:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
They are banning for it someone said, I wouldn't be surprised if their auto ban will catch it. If they don't catch it now, when they are in the office those people are toast.

They really should, also not some temp stuff.

From a technical standpoint, it's really not hard to catch ppl just by filtering logs i'd say.

trace creditcard details and just permban accounts

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Darkdoom
Server: Lakshmi
user: DarkdoomG
By Lakshmi.Darkdoom 2020-05-08 15:30:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Caerda said: »
Depends on how limited their staff is. I'm sure it would take a while for 1-2 people to review thousands of individual player logs for packet errors and what not. They'll probably fix it, hit the biggest offenders and the rest will be set with stashed gear/gil for a while.

It's trivial to automate detection for this exploit, given that it has a repeated, unique packet interaction that legitimate crafters will never do.

But, this being SE, don't hold your breath on that anytime soon.
By ksoze 2020-05-08 15:30:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Caerda said: »
Depends on how limited their staff is. I'm sure it would take a while for 1-2 people to review thousands of individual player logs for packet errors and what not. They'll probably fix it, hit the biggest offenders and the rest will be set with stashed gear/gil for a while.

nah man, you just write a piece of code to parse the logs on specific items to be crafted etc 1000 ways to do this stuff automated
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-08 15:31:35
Link | Quote | Reply

They won't do that.

Jp culture nonsense. They'll manually go through it. Or at least, manually verify a couple and slap "mission accomplished" on it.
By ksoze 2020-05-08 15:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I even doubt if they have logs hahah
By ksoze 2020-05-08 15:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Botosi said: »
What people don't even bring up which boggles my mind is the fact that materials are being printed out to no end.

How are so many Dark matters, Koh-I-Noor's, Tartarian Chains, Befouled Silvers, Macuil Plating, etc. being put onto the server? Ever see the 10 mules in Port Jeuno/Ru'Lude with 100's of Dark Matter in their bazaar?

~429 Dark Matters being sold on AH per day alone. Not including the bazaars or the people with stockpiles of them.

Who's doing that much Vagary? That many VNMs?

This is also very interesting, i mean even with weekly stuff on mules it's just nuts.

A smart rmt will just switch from a crafting exploit to a dupe exploit to sell the mats to the craft exploiters.

There is so much going on in this game, feels like a crime show {insert popcorn eating meme}
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-08 17:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

There is so much going on in this game, feels like a crime show {insert popcorn eating meme}

I would SO volunteer my free time to log in as a GM for an hour each day just to nuke cheaters. I would play this song on loop at high volume.

YouTube Video Placeholder

It would be glorious.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-05-08 17:50:42
Link | Quote | Reply

What people don't even bring up which boggles my mind is the fact that materials are being printed out to no end.

How are so many Dark matters, Koh-I-Noor's, Tartarian Chains, Befouled Silvers, Macuil Plating, etc. being put onto the server? Ever see the 10 mules in Port Jeuno/Ru'Lude with 100's of Dark Matter in their bazaar?

~429 Dark Matters being sold on AH per day alone. Not including the bazaars or the people with stockpiles of them.

This is also very interesting, i mean even with weekly stuff on mules it's just nuts.

A smart rmt will just switch from a crafting exploit to a dupe exploit to sell the mats to the craft exploiters.

VNM materials also comes from aman trove, and they dont even are in loud thud pool (most likely thuds).
By lhova 2020-05-09 23:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I’m really really trying to find the outrage for people buying super cheap, obvious exploited ***from people’s bazaars and then reselling the ***. You guys keep crying about cheaters and bans but then some of you jump at the chance to buy some cheap ***and profit. I was telling my shell mates that is the new crafting market, just look for cheap cheat ***you can buy and flip. Especially when mat costs are going up, HQ rate with shield is sub par and even if you do make the item you will get undercut. Just curious why buyers from bazaared cheaters aren’t getting roasted.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-10 00:48:20
Link | Quote | Reply

lhova said: »
Just curious why buyers from bazaared cheaters aren’t getting roasted.

You must have missed my post on the last page where someone came at me thinking I was cheating because I was flipping low cost bazaar'd items on the AH. It's okay though. My account is in the clear as it's not the one doing the Glitchcrafting and I don't know anyone that wouldn't jump at the chance to buy things on the cheap and sell them for a profit. Unless they have some super serious Captain America level morals and are just too good to stoop so low as to give any gil to a glitchcrafter on principle. Let 'em talk crap though. Those 14 Stikini Ring +1s I bought netted me 5m profit each and I didn't have to flood/crash the market so...

[+]
 Asura.Okhryeny
By Asura.Okhryeny 2020-05-10 01:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

VNM materials also comes from aman trove, and they dont even are in loud thud pool (most likely thuds).

just to clarify this as its been more then a year since the bazaar guys had 80 slots with capped vagary items showed up aint no dam aman trove or some poor guy farmin no vagary sorry but this was a thing since shields came out prolly before that but i didnt know till i got my shield
By Shichishito 2020-05-10 02:49:26
Link | Quote | Reply

imho you don't need captain america morals to realise, if the price is so low that you know it must have been made with glitchcraft and buy to resell for profit, you might aswell do the glitch yourself.

both smellz but one could make the argument that the glitcher at least risks a ban.
By lhova 2020-05-10 09:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
imho you don't need captain america morals to realise, if the price is so low that you know it must have been made with glitchcraft and buy to resell for profit, you might aswell do the glitch yourself.

both smellz but one could make the argument that the glitcher at least risks a ban.

Yeah that’s my point, seems like some people act all ethical and ***but if they can benefit from the glitch/exploit with little risk of ban then they would. And it’s not even a situation where said player say hey you know what, I’ve personally been wanting this cheap item but it’s not profitable for me to make it with current environment so let me buy 1 or 2 for my personal use. Nah they say let me buy all I can afford, resell for as much as I can get and I’ve done no wrong. ?? I think a lot of people would stop bitching and do the hack if they knew for a fact SE wouldn’t ban them. That’s one of the ways to make the market fair again, that and make new content to make medals obsolete.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-10 14:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

That's why this is a huge joke. Yeah a dozen people might get banned but ten thousand benefit from it with literally zero repercussions.

If you gained illgotten gains.... you get to cheat the system and you'll do it every time a new hack is found. They're literally saying it's all good to benefit from a cheat just don't be the first one to do it.

"But I didn't cheat. I just paid someone to benefit from their cheating" "I didn't know they were hacked it was just a really rare item for really cheap cause they're a good guy *smile*"

It's like arresting the guy who throws a boxing match but allowing all of his friends to still keep the millions they won "betting". And then he gets to set a mannequin in jail and keeps his millions.

And then you all go "Ah, yes, justice served, that mannequin was a criminal, good for them, case closed *wink*"

And while they can't track everyone who put a hunnet G's on *** to dive. They CAN track you in this instance and SHOULD use it. Benefiting (even unknowingly) from crime is still crime. It has some kind of punishment.

And, no, let me restate that banning is not the solution for people that benefited. But doing literally nothing is equally as bad. I don't have the solution.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-05-10 15:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont know if you're aware of the world beyond your 18+ bots, but there is a global pandemic going on, and SE may not have the full resources at their disposal at this time.

inb4: "you're just sucking SE's ***."
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-10 15:14:33
Link | Quote | Reply

This has literally nothing to do with Covid. The response would not change at all if Covid didn't exist.

They'd ban 5 people and that's it. Ignoring the millions of hacked items. Look no further than November medal dupes.

Square: "It's perfectly fine to cheat, there are no punishments for benefiting from cheating indirectly"
FFXIPlayer: "So why would I ever not cheat? Money is more valuable than integrity."
Square: Surprised Pikachu
By Mafai 2020-05-10 15:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
This has literally nothing to do with Covid. The response would not change at all if Covid didn't exist.

They'd ban 5 people and that's it. Ignoring the millions of hacked items. Look no further than November medal dupes.

Square: "It's perfectly fine to cheat, there are no punishments for benefiting from cheating indirectly"
FFXIPlayer: "So why would I ever not cheat? Money is more valuable than integrity."
Square: Surprised Pikachu

I agree with this in terms of what the aftermath is going to be, covid or not, they won't do much.

But I do think covid is the reason this isn't fixed yet.
By Pantafernando 2020-05-10 15:44:10
Link | Quote | Reply

That's why this is a huge joke. Yeah a dozen people might get banned but ten thousand benefit from it with literally zero repercussions.

If you gained illgotten gains.... you get to cheat the system and you'll do it every time a new hack is found. They're literally saying it's all good to benefit from a cheat just don't be the first one to do it.

"But I didn't cheat. I just paid someone to benefit from their cheating" "I didn't know they were hacked it was just a really rare item for really cheap cause they're a good guy *smile*"

It's like arresting the guy who throws a boxing match but allowing all of his friends to still keep the millions they won "betting". And then he gets to set a mannequin in jail and keeps his millions.

And then you all go "Ah, yes, justice served, that mannequin was a criminal, good for them, case closed *wink*"

And while they can't track everyone who put a hunnet G's on *** to dive. They CAN track you in this instance and SHOULD use it. Benefiting (even unknowingly) from crime is still crime. It has some kind of punishment.

And, no, let me restate that banning is not the solution for people that benefited. But doing literally nothing is equally as bad. I don't have the solution.

How many times did you edit this testimony for world justice?

5 times?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-10 15:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quite a few... just pre answering all the stupid ***the same people will say before they say it.

Mafai said: »

I agree with this in terms of what the aftermath is going to be, covid or not, they won't do much.

But I do think covid is the reason this isn't fixed yet.
This. The aftermath is the problem, and will get absolutely nothing done about it.
By Shichishito 2020-05-10 16:01:01
Link | Quote | Reply

they say it anyway cause they don't read the full post, they just pick that one argument they can build a strawman for with the least amount of brain power required and thats all they respond to.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-10 16:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

lhova said: »
seems like some people act all ethical and ***but if they can benefit from the glitch/exploit with little risk of ban then they would

To be fair, I never pretended to be ethical.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-05-10 16:30:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
they don't read the full post

Most of the times they are right in not reading.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22