Nqftw posted on the OF
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 20 21 22
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-03 02:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

...or they havn't played beyond zerging to 99 and then sitting around and watching yell hoping to get into an Ambuscade.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2020-05-03 02:56:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
...or they havn't played beyond zerging to 99 and then sitting around and watching yell hoping to get into an Ambuscade.
>not low manning Ambuscade with a couple friends
Damn, Asura really is on a different level.
By RadialArcana 2020-05-03 04:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The main issue is that Asura players don't understand other servers are nothing like Asura at all.

I play on a few different servers, Asura has constant /yell chat, constant PuG on /yell, mass numbers of people with mastered jobs, lots of elite players with great gear, min maxers everywhere.

You don't see this kind of play on other servers, master and rema are kind of rare, yell is rarely ever used for chat or groups, people do content with thier shells or friends, people are happy to lowman stuff instead of doing VD spam.

I like Asura but it's not the norm at all, and people on other servers like it how they have it.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-05-03 04:50:38
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
rema are kind of rare

people are happy to lowman stuff instead of doing VD spam

Who in the hell do you play with on other servers? I can't even name one person off the top of my head that doesn't have an RMEA.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-05-03 04:52:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
rema are kind of rare

Who in the hell do you play with on other servers? I can't even name one person off the top of my head that doesn't have an RMEA.
does 85 kannagi count?
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-03 05:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

rema are kind of rare

Lots of players dont have a rema, or at least not a usable one. Once you get to the point where you have one, pretty much everyone in your group will seem to have one. Returning players or new players likely wont, and it takes time to get there unless you get a lot of outside help to push along, which is group specific.
By Shichishito 2020-05-03 07:31:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
"Vote with your wallet" isnt a thing. Youre assuming a company is going to see the drop in revenue and respond with giving you the thing you want. Thats not going to happen. Thats an ideal scenario, not a realistic one.
if your customers go buy somewhere else cause your product doesn't meet their needs you either improve/adapt your product or you take the loss/close your business... capitalism.

Not to mention you no longer get access to the thing youre boycotting as a consumer... which isnt always possible. Your ISP is garbage? Well, cant exactly vote with your wallet... you still need internet, and your only other choice is either just as bad or more expensive due to backroom deals.
i know folks like to pretend otherwise but its a MMO, not a necessity. no one is depending on FFXIs existance, except maybe RMT.

Draylo said: »
I don't have to imagine, they'll shut it down and say come try XIV!
if you shut XI down without making a serious effort to fix it first i doubt anyone in their right mind would jump to XIV. most remaining XI players put a lot of time in that game and by closing it down you whipe all that effort off the table and consequently alienate your customer base. SE could do the same with XIV as soon as the road gets a little rocky and ppl would rather spend their time and effort where its more valued.

you don't win over customers by smashing their precious legos castle with a hammer while pointing at your latest lego technics product.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-05-03 07:55:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lots of players dont have a rema, or at least not a usable one. Once you get to the point where you have one, pretty much everyone in your group will seem to have one. Returning players or new players likely wont, and it takes time to get there unless you get a lot of outside help to push along, which is group specific.

He literally said you don't see this kind of play on other servers, and RMEA are rare, which is just wrong. Also, if anything, returning players would flock to Asura to get ***done fast.

I still can't name a single person on Bismarck that doesn't have an RMEA.
By RadialArcana 2020-05-03 08:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

He literally said you don't see this kind of play on other servers, and RMEA are rare, which is just wrong. Also, if anything, returning players would flock to Asura to get ***done fast.

I still can't name a single person on Bismarck that doesn't have an RMEA.

You don't see PuG shouts much at all, at least not the other servers I've played on. REMA are rare among the general playerbase outside of Asura from what I have seen, there are obviously endgame players who have them and if you play with them you see lots of them. You can wander around and not see anywhere near as many on people as on Asura.
By Pantafernando 2020-05-03 10:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure you wont see REMAs on bazaar mules but most people and that is even more true with JPs are glowing here and there so i dont think its rare at all good gear
By Pantafernando 2020-05-03 10:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Exactly for being low populated server, people here know how to do to get their *** (by joining shells remotely capable).

Most people who cant adapt to how to get stuff done on low populated server most likely goes to Assura, if they didnt already go.

People on small server tend to be more pratical. There is almost no social shells so either you do stuff or you move.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-03 19:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
"Vote with your wallet" isnt a thing. Youre assuming a company is going to see the drop in revenue and respond with giving you the thing you want. Thats not going to happen. Thats an ideal scenario, not a realistic one.
if your customers go buy somewhere else cause your product doesn't meet their needs you either improve/adapt your product or you take the loss/close your business... capitalism.

Not to mention you no longer get access to the thing youre boycotting as a consumer... which isnt always possible. Your ISP is garbage? Well, cant exactly vote with your wallet... you still need internet, and your only other choice is either just as bad or more expensive due to backroom deals.
i know folks like to pretend otherwise but its a MMO, not a necessity. no one is depending on FFXIs existance, except maybe RMT.

Draylo said: »
I don't have to imagine, they'll shut it down and say come try XIV!
if you shut XI down without making a serious effort to fix it first i doubt anyone in their right mind would jump to XIV. most remaining XI players put a lot of time in that game and by closing it down you whipe all that effort off the table and consequently alienate your customer base. SE could do the same with XIV as soon as the road gets a little rocky and ppl would rather spend their time and effort where its more valued.

you don't win over customers by smashing their precious legos castle with a hammer while pointing at your latest lego technics product.

These arent real counter points. Again, you often dont have options, or, if you do, said options are worse, as i pointed out in my ISP example.

Just because you have a problem with something doesnt mean you not paying them will fix said problem.
[+]
 Asura.Slyshenx
user: Slyshen1
By Asura.Slyshenx 2020-05-03 19:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

So can we get back to discussing crafting and this topic instead of the usual bickering you guys do on the website? You have like 5+ other outlets for it, please use them.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-03 19:16:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Slyshenx said: »
So can we get back to discussing crafting and this topic instead of the usual bickering you guys do on the website? You have like 5+ other outlets for it, please use them.

I mean, there isnt much point to the original topic. RMT doing RMT things, complaining about other RMT. Keep the exploit, players win. Progress.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-03 19:41:07
Link | Quote | Reply

What is there left to discuss.

Hack reported, 1 guy banned, all the same people still selling ill gotten gains.

Hack is not fixed, neither option (and there are likely more)

All the items remain on characters.

Hundreds/Thousands of hacked items stored for sale so no price rebound. No fix so no "legit" crafters 'come back'

No ones gonna come in and be like yeah I got bant but I still have dozens of items for $

This is the same situation, you just know it's broken instead of suspecting it's broken.

AND there's still a hundred thousand duped failnamis medals on mules. AND I just saw another post like 4 days ago about people stacking crafting gear on the wrong slots.
By Pantafernando 2020-05-03 20:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Where was posted people using pieces in wrong slot?

This one personaly i dont remember reading the SE acknowledge that exploit.

But its a damn messed one.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-03 20:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem with trying to find older posts on the OF is the *** delete any and all evidence of hacks/beneficial glitches and anything that makes them look bad.

But here you go, this guy just posted it as a bug on 4/21

Quote:
2. This morning I logged in, and exited the mog house to Western Adoulin (H-11). I then "examined" myself and noticed that not only was there an Albatross ring in the Ring Slot, but also one in my Neck Slot. This could only be seen by the "Examine" option, but was not present in the "Equipment" screen option view, nor could I select it.

I can't remember if they acknowledged/fixed/ninja fixed the gear thing, or when it happened, but a jp said he saw it again, just can't find his post.
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-05-03 20:53:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Just because you have a problem with something doesnt mean you not paying them will fix said problem.
to keep transfering cash in SEs pockets isn't going to fix anything either and your money is gone as well.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-03 20:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
to keep transfering cash in SEs pockets isn't going to fix anything either and your money is gone as well.

Sure, paying them money isnt going to fix it. But me not giving them money also wont fix anything. The answer has nothing to do with giving them or not giving them money. Which is my point. The only thing i get out of not paying them money is more boredom.
By craftboy 2020-05-03 22:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-05-03 22:19:47
Link | Quote | Reply

This is gonna get fun.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-03 22:23:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh. Snap.

Nevermind that one, mods got it, too late. Hope you snagged a copy~
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2020-05-03 22:30:22
Link | Quote | Reply

but why?
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2020-05-03 23:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

let's drop breadcrumbs :D

if id == 0x30 then

???

profit
By Draylo 2020-05-04 00:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The OPs video is copyright striked? Did SE get em?
By missdivine 2020-05-04 00:19:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like SE is "taking action about it" but this game has a lot of obscure and weird sh|t going on now.
[+]
By ksoze 2020-05-04 02:20:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like i've missed something reading the last comments :p someone got cray?
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-04 02:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

ksoze said: »

Posted what may or may not have been the addon. So its out there in the wilds now, roaming the cities.

Or something that autoflags your character or makes you /yell something. Who knows.
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2020-05-04 03:05:54
Link | Quote | Reply

ksoze said: »

Posted what may or may not have been the addon. So its out there in the wilds now, roaming the cities.

Or something that autoflags your character or makes you /yell something. Who knows.

You can easily see it doesn't make you yell...
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 20 21 22