Asura.Beatsbytaru
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2020-05-01 18:54:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »
lmao what the *** are you talking about

"voting with your wallet" Pretty clear, isn't it?

Turning off your subscription isn't going to magically dangle some carrot in front of them, you dumb ***. They're just going to shut the ***off and tell you to Please Enjoy Final Fantasy XIV.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-01 18:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Singular, no, obviously.

Majority rules, one guy unsubbing means nothing. You need "people" to;
Stop blindly giving them rewards for bad behavior or there is no reason to correct said behavior.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2020-05-01 19:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

You seem to think you or the player base can sway S-E on this dead gay game some how and well that's just not going to happen.

I mean it's either you pay them to keep the lights off or they will be happy to finally have a reason to put a bullet in it and move everyone else over to 14. They can't wait for you all to stop giving them a reason to keep the lights on.

Just pay them your 12.95 x 6 a month and keep selling your gil for whatever made up amount you've been selling it at.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-01 19:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The player base CAN sway SE.

I literally did it. With ambuscade queues.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-05-01 19:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Prong said: »
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
It kind of is... if you stop telling them "good job" with your money they'd have to do better. Impossible to get people to do it, but in theory that's what'd happen.

Didn't you say you sell gil? So you likely have multiple accounts...how much are you giving them per month for your RMT army? And no, you cant offset it with "but I make more back than I give SE", because you're still "telling them 'good job' with your money"

Right but (not defending RMT...but) he's not necessarily playing it for enjoyment or as a hobby such as most of us (though I do think somewhere deep down in his black soul Eiryl does enjoy it still somewhat). When you are using anything for profit, what terrible things you may or may not be doing to the game's "community" are irrelevant.

I'm just one "voter" in the scenario, if everyone except me "voted" by unsubbing my "army" wouldn't matter.
Actually youre x voters in this scenario, where x is the number of individual POL accounts you pay for. Which is still small in the grand scheme of things.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-05-01 23:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
RadialArcana said: »
Yes they do, because it allows bad players to have prestige show off gear and also because people are lazy. You see the new cash shop junk everywhere after patches.. On FFXIV the developers take advantage of this to make money, on FFXI other players take advantage of it via mercing. On FFXI everyone pays gil for leveling or JP, on FFXIV you get your credit card out.

MMO players are extremely easy to fleece, on ffixv they take it to a whole other level. They pump out new cash shop content regularly and have developers just doing that.

FFXIV is hands down the most predatory and expensive mmorpg that exists, and I've played korean f2p games. Nothing comes close to FFXIV at all, they sell outfits, mounts, dyes, emotes, weddings, level skips and if you stop paying the sub you lose access to all of it. At least on korean f2p mmorpgs you can play for free and always have access to your outfits and mounts, not so on 14.

On-top of that, if you stop paying your sub for a while they destroy things you obtained like housing too, that's the only game I've ever seen anything like that ever. Warfame killed your pets if you didn't login for a while and the outrage made them change it, and that's a free to play game..

The average person in ffxiv likely hasnt spent more than $20 on the cash shop, if that. Such predatory.

lol I'm sorry but this is so not true. I have played on and off and literally everywhere I went I saw tons of those cash shops items, especially the expensive 20+ dollar mounts.
By RadialArcana 2020-05-02 00:22:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Turning off your subscription isn't going to magically dangle some carrot in front of them, you dumb ***. They're just going to shut the ***off and tell you to Please Enjoy Final Fantasy XIV.

You're arguing with someone that wants the game to die, he hates it.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-02 00:30:22
Link | Quote | Reply

No, I just think it has more negatives than positives lately.

And it's sad to see battered wives defend it, so fervently.

I think the players deserve better. They deserve proper balance, and updates, hack fixes, unbroken promises, truth instead of lies, recycled garbage pretending to be content, excessive dailys/lockouts, more bots than players, no reasonable system to filter yell (asura), etc
[+]
By Draylo 2020-05-02 00:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Your solution isn't very practical though. If we "vote with our wallet" anytime we dislike something, they would just shut the game down. The sad fact is, SE themselves don't have much vested interest in the game because they have XIV. So for the people who still enjoy playing and want to see new content and things for the game they enjoy, their only solution is to support the game or let it die and lose what they enjoy. The game lost its popularity due to the company not taking care of it and it bled players but they just didn't care. Ultimately it is down to them, but we don't have much choice.

We need someone like that streamer guy to bring all the twitch kiddies and pretend its some retro game thats super cool so the sheep follow him. Then SE will see its popular and they will actually put money into the game to give it updates!
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-02 00:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah. it's basically impossible. but you're not even willing to try to see if anything might happen.

Imagine a thousand people unsub for may because there is no update. Not even willing to think about it. That would send a clear message. And you know, in that month, you might find a game from a company that treats you like you're worth more than a sub fee.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-05-02 00:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the players deserve better. They deserve proper balance, and updates, hack fixes, unbroken promises, truth instead of lies, recycled garbage pretending to be content, excessive dailys/lockouts, more bots than players, no reasonable system to filter yell (asura), etc

No you don't, you hate it and want it to die. There is no positive that will come from the developers getting less money because Square don't care about ffxi already. If they see less people playing they will shut it down or cut the budget even more.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-02 00:46:08
Link | Quote | Reply

If they can't provide a reasonable experience for the players, maybe it's for the better that they do close it.

Everything that has a beginning has an end.

It's only going to keep going downhill. How long will you let them steal another 12.95 with the promise of empyrean +3 and something "awesome" in 2022
[+]
By Draylo 2020-05-02 00:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah. it's basically impossible. but you're not even willing to try to see if anything might happen.

Imagine a thousand people unsub for may because there is no update. Not even willing to think about it. That would send a clear message. And you know, in that month, you might find a game from a company that treats you like you're worth more than a sub fee.

I don't have to imagine, they'll shut it down and say come try XIV!

If they can't provide a reasonable experience for the players, maybe it's for the better that they do close it.

Everything that has a beginning has an end.

Thanks Oracle, but I think I would prefer keeping XI around and enjoying it like I have. There is no reason to end it when it can still make a profit and give enjoyment to the people subbed to it. You have people dumping 100's onto phone games and XIV cash shops, I think I can handle the low sub fee for the game. They would get more out of their investment if they took more care of it though. Given its a JP company set in their ways, its hard to change that. However, from experience, negative views do more damage to a game community than positive ones. So remarks like yours just push people to quit faster and the game to die faster.

They aren't "stealing" the money if you are somehow getting enjoyment out of what you're paying. Again, tons of phone games literally steal money from you thru that random draw crap that should be made illegal. Yet there aren't as many people hating on it like this game lol.

Why is it ok to hate on an old game and want it to die, but somehow seen as crazy to want that game you grew up with to succeed and still be enjoyed? I struggle to understand how so many hateful people just want to see others suffer lol. I remember during/after Abyssea all the sheep running to XIV and wanting this game to die so hard. Now a lot of them have even returned to XI at some point and the majority of them don't even play XIV.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-02 00:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Would you not be happier if they buffed blu? What would you sacrifice for it?

Can you enjoy the game, but still demand better?

How many poor choices are they allowed to make before they're allowed get ANY negative remarks?

When you *** up, don't you want someone to let you know you're slippin'?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-05-02 01:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

A mass un-sub during quarantine is unlikely. I'd be willing to bet subs are up the past 2 months.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-02 01:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

There's no better time to start/play an MMO than when you have all the freetime in the world for the forseeable future!
By Draylo 2020-05-02 01:12:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Would you not be happier if they buffed blu? What would you sacrifice for it?

Can you enjoy the game, but still demand better?

How many poor choices are they allowed to make before they're allowed get ANY negative remarks?

When you *** up, don't you want someone to let you know you're slippin'?

Of course.. I don't see anyone here that literally kisses SE's ***. Everyone here wants updates and upgrades to the game but they are realistic. I honestly don't think anyone will change their minds, because its SE that has the ultimate choice in investing into this game. They honestly don't listen to the NA side at all, and given how small our community is for this game it isn't a surprise. I'm almost positive that your method of unsubbing would just make them say "oh, it just isn't working anymore, ok cancel it and lets just focus on XIV!"

I would love to have a new expansion or big updates to the game but I know realistically because it isn't popular (which unfortunately is common with a lot of things I like) they won't bother doing it like I want it to be done. I used to care a lot more in the past and really wanted something to be done. I used to see all the videos on stupid games like minecraft or whatever and wonder how can games like that get so popular and so much money yet masterpieces like XI are abandoned. Now I've taken a much less stressful hands off approach. I just enjoy it while I can for whatever time is left. I'd be sad to see it go but you can't do much as a consumer really.

I really feel that the only thing that can be done, aside from SE giving a ***again for some miraculous reason, is some popular streamer giving screentime to the game and trying to invite people to try it. Sadly anyone that popular who even played this game is a 75 cap thumper, so it doesn't help at all.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-02 01:14:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, you know the only absolutely certain way to make sure nothing happens?

By doing absolutely nothing.
By Draylo 2020-05-02 01:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I'm actually subbed to their game, so I'm supporting the game and keeping it alive in that sense. Really isn't anything else I can do that wouldn't be a strain on my life. I always thought if I became super rich I'd just make it my hobby and force them to update and maintain the game thru my funds. I wonder how much that would cost lol. It's funny that guy Ninja can afford it and maybe even force them to make a 75 cap server, but I guess he doesn't want to spend his money on it.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-02 01:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean look. Everyone tries to make every thread about me. Sometimes I indulge.

Thread's purpose is over. STF "banned all the perps" there will never be another hack again. The world is safe from all exploits! Crafting goes back to normal.

Or that's all obviously ***, in a bigger pile of ***, so "general complaints" are still "ontopic".

But it's bed time anyway.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-05-02 02:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Good God man, you truly are way too emotionally invested into this game. findabetterlifecause.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-05-02 02:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean look. Everyone tries to make every thread about me. Sometimes I indulge.
The narcissism is strong with this one...
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2020-05-02 05:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

You're not wrong.

But as said above, a lot of people resubbed with the pandemic. The world isn't like the US, we have unemployment money and ***here, we don't become homeless or lose that much money for being locked down. I personally lose 0.

That being said, I did unsub a couple weeks ago. There is more to it than the topic at hands, though, but I must admit that it's still a decent part of the reason. I don't think I was hurt by any of those exploits given what I did on the game and how but it's definitely an issue to invest money and worse, time, in a game that isn't being taken care of appropriately.

Though, I think that people are wrong to focus on just FFXI when SE is, at the moment, dealing with many games, most of which have been huge financial failures.

Can't really bash them just for how they deal with FFXI when they do the same for every single one of their games.
But the bottom line is that you do talk to them with your wallet. I haven't given them 1€ for any of the games they have released in the recent years except Nier Automata.

They've been releasing a lot of mobile games, some of which have been utter ***for many different reasons. People didn't spend money, the games were shut down. It's not difficult, really.
As much as I have a certain love for FFXI, the state of 2020 FFXI is a problem. I don't think I'd be too sad if it was shut down next month due to people unsubbing, that wouldn't change the good years, but it'd be lying to say that we're still in the good years.

But again, the problem is SE, not FFXI. So while you can show your disappointment towards FFXI's current situation by not paying for it, keep in mind that fueling their other ***games (KHIII, FFXV and the like) is also a problem. For those that do.
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-05-02 05:25:01
Link | Quote | Reply

if you aren't happy with what they deliver deny them your money and unsub. if you still have interest in the game but just aren't happy how shabby they treat it, unsub. let them know what bothers you on the forums and make use of the free campaign to let them know you are still interested if they finaly step up their game.

the worst thing you can do is staying in a eternal subscription limbo just to skinner box their monthly chores. if they shut it down just let it die and keep the few good parts left about it in good memory. don't nurture the downfall till everything you have left for the game and SE is so much despise that you'll never touch another one of their products.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-02 19:00:02
Link | Quote | Reply

"Vote with your wallet" isnt a thing. Youre assuming a company is going to see the drop in revenue and respond with giving you the thing you want. Thats not going to happen. Thats an ideal scenario, not a realistic one.

If i think we need empy +3 right now, and stop subbing until then, and the community agrees and also stops subbing.... SE isnt going to see the drop in revenue and go "alright gais, empy +3 next patch". Theyll just cancel everything. You dont win if theres no FFXI.

Not to mention you no longer get access to the thing youre boycotting as a consumer... which isnt always possible. Your ISP is garbage? Well, cant exactly vote with your wallet... you still need internet, and your only other choice is either just as bad or more expensive due to backroom deals.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-02 19:10:47
Link | Quote | Reply

When an MMO closes, everyone wins

Forced detox/rehab
[+]
By missdivine 2020-05-02 22:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draugo said: »

Good God man, you truly are way too emotionally invested into this game. findabetterlifecause.
He is right tho. But it's funny that ff14 has more content and storyline than 20 years old ffxi, which shows how good they are focusing on ff14 so much with speedy updates and content.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2020-05-02 23:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

missdivine said: »
Leviathan.Draugo said: »

He is right tho. But it's funny that ff14 has more content and storyline than 20 years old ffxi, which shows how good they are focusing on ff14 so much with speedy updates and content.
I wouldn't call a game that is alive for a month after a new addon releases (so every two to three years) and then a week on a random patch inbetween those, "good focus".

The game is mostly empty of anything (and anyone) to do outside of these windows. Plus, due to FFXIV design, you can't PUG late evening/night/early morning. And that's during the lockdown, so it's even worse in normal time.
Content is rehash city and they are even rehashing old trials now. FFXIV reached FFXI's post Abyssea status before SB even came out.

Game is being discounted to hell every couple months just like every single SE game that has been a failure.

I'm all for being dishonest and exaggerating while taking jabs at stuff you dislike but that's just gross.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 20 21 22