Corona Virus, How Has It Affected Your Area So Far?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
First Page 2 3 ... 49 50 51 ... 129 130 131
By Odinz 2020-04-06 08:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

kireek said: »
"Don't bash the pilot when they are flying through turbulence, at least wait till you're out of the turbulence"
1st, both engines are in flames.
2nd, the pilot was told by air control months ago to avoid flying, as were the passengers.
The pilot and the passengers are stupid for getting on the plane in the first place.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-06 08:07:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Odinz said: »
"Don't bash the pilot when they are flying through turbulence, at least wait till you're out of the turbulence"
1st, both engines are in flames.
2nd, the pilot was told by air control months ago to avoid flying, as were the passengers.
The pilot and the passengers are stupid for getting on the plane in the first place.

This, except that (some of) the "passengers" are hostages, and we were forced onto the plane.

And there is a competent pilot able to take over if we bash the current pilot and co-pilots brains in.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-06 08:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
This, except that (some of) the "passengers" are hostages, and we were forced onto the plane.
Well, sorry for living then. Blame China for allowing this to spread worldwide instead of the Trump administration.

And there is a competent pilot able to take over if we bash the current pilot and co-pilots brains in.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-04-06 09:41:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Well, sorry for living then. Blame China for allowing this to spread worldwide instead of the Trump administration.

This whole situation is a mess. Most world leaders are only in it for their own self-interests. Had China been more honest, nothing would have changed. There's literally no reason to argue about who's wrong, they all are. And the media played a huge part in all this because they only care about clicks and the propaganda machine.
If you think you're helping by trying to argue what side is wrong, you're just kidding yourself. All sides love nothing more than watching the peasants bicker.
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-04-06 10:01:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Blame China for the initial cover-up AND blame science deniers everywhere for making things much worse than they had to be.

It's not mutually exclusive.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2020-04-06 11:52:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
China is to blame for trying to save face, it may not be the most appropriate comparison but it does feel a little like chernobyl as in they are more concerned about covering it up than the crisis it caused.

Now this shows us how unprepared we were for a global health crisis and where we need to improve.

This. I mean, back in Jan and Feb there were TONS of footage and rumors from the Chinese social media showing how serious this virus really was. People were dying on the streets and in their home all the time, hospitals overwhelmed with patients and people were dying in hallway waiting for a bed. Millions lose job from lockdown and some even suicide because of it. These kind of story were EVERYWHERE on social media. It was so sad....and that was 2 months ago.

Anyone that pays slight attention to what's really going on in China knew how serious the situation really was in Wuhan, without having to read any data from CCP. Some people on the internet were saying that real case/death number in China was probably 10x more than what Chinese government said.

What did western media said about the virus at that time? "Just flu". Then they continue to brainwash people with their "just flu" talk for another month until they can no longer hide anything.

Proof?

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/54272/pax-east-fan-gathering-2020/7/

Afania said: »
Just FYI, South Korea reported over 140 new cases in one single day yesterday, and no east Asian country wants to become China No.2.

Way back in Feb I already pointed out that east Asian countries were all very well aware of how serious this virus really is and TONS of people will die from it if it's not blocked early. While other people in the same thread were still in "just flu" mode.

I don't blame them. If this isn't media's fault(since people rely on media to get information), I'm not sure who else to blame.

"Chinese government lied it's all their fault" is just an excuse IMO. Surely none of the "experts" from our government has access to Chinese social media where you can gather informations from their citizens about what's really going on? How come all the east Asian countries managed to gather correct info and acted early but not NA?

No excuses for doing a bad job!
[+]
By Afania 2020-04-06 11:55:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Blame China for the whole damn thing, seriously.

What leaders did was to protect the economy from crashing, they didn't know it was going to lead to this.

There's a lot of blame to be put on China, but they couldn't have stopped completely such a virus, it would still have spread worldwide. All nations are to blame because most of them did not take the threat seriously.

If China informed the World Health Organization right away when they found out all world travel between China and other nations would of stopped straight away.

If they did this it would not be anywhere but China and the world could of put all it's medical power into helping China tackle it. If this had started anywhere else that is what would of happened.

The only reason this Virus is in the USA or any western nations is because people went to China, got infected and brought it back.

Why do we need to wait for information from WHO though? There were rumors and information leak about COVID 19 from Wuhan as early as November/early December.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-04-06 13:11:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Blame China for the initial cover-up AND blame science deniers everywhere for making things much worse than they had to be.

It's not mutually exclusive.

Blame China for the whole damn thing, seriously.

What leaders did was to protect the economy from crashing, they didn't know it was going to lead to this.

China caused this, like they caused the last one that killed hundreds of thousands of people in 2009? and many others previously.

China needs to pay, bigtime. This is not the first time they caused this, it won't be the last... unless we make sure it is.

Every country on the face of the planet had weeks of warning.

Some countries responded quickly and appropriately -- Taiwan, Singapore and South Korea all have the virus contained and their citizens aren't currently locked down.

The gigantic ***sandwich that the rest of us are eating now is a direct result of failed leadership to heed what the experts were saying. They delayed, denied, and now we all have to suffer the consequences.

As terrible as this is, my hope is that we treat this as a wake up call/trial run for climate change. Listen to the experts, get systems into place, prepare for the worst. Quit back-pedaling and wasting time.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Eboneezer 2020-04-06 14:50:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I will wait to pass judgement on our leaders until all the data is in. I'm happy that he closed down travel while the other side called him racist and mocked his "overreach." Glad they weren't in power. I'm glad that he's bringing up the economic impact of our choices to consider. The left wants to constantly whine about how he's only worried about "his" economy. They aren't talking about the major devaluation of the dollar that we're headed towards, or the inflation from the stimulus. Or the billions/day that the banks are stealing on T Bills and selling to people with margin call. Someone's going to make a run on the banks, great depression style. But who cares, right? Leaders have to make hard decisions. I see even the NYTimes is writing about it, although they certainly aren't giving him credit or defending him for also questioning it.

South Korea was brought up a few posts ago. They began testing even their healthy population near the beginning. They're also indicating that as much as 99% of active cases among the general population are mild and not requiring any specific medical treatment. However, they are experiencing upticks in new cases and deaths. Singapore as well.

I read that a new antibody test will soon be widely available. I'd love for everyone to get tested. Would opinions change if we found that half of our population already had and beat it? Who knows? I'm certainly not meaning to downplay the virus. Many people will certainly die. But what can we truly do without sinking our economy and crippling our nation? At least Trump seems to be trying to weigh that option. Hate him all you want, that's fine. Data has changed and flip flopped over the course of this outbreak. Models have proven to be inaccurate. The experts have argued one way and the other on things. People are doing the best that they can with what's available to them. I'm certainly glad we have someone looking at the big picture and not leading off of emotion and fear.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Eboneezer 2020-04-06 15:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

What is he wrong about, that the experts haven't been wrong about?
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-04-06 15:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Caerda said: »
Media has done nothing but negative and doomsday reporting. Love or hate Trump he is busting his *** during this pandemic. Never Trumpers are always going to blame him but who else would of done better? Biden? He doesn't know where the *** he is half the time or can keep his place on a script... Also the media has not been reporting the facts (NY hospital chaos using Italy footage comes to mind) and spun this so negative that people are panicking because of the fear mongering. The fear and economic toll are far worse than the virus will ever be.

Who would have done better? Literally anyone. Trump has lied to us everyday during his "briefings" about one topic or another. He literally cut off a doctor from answering a question about his fake cure yesterday, because he knew the doctor was going to shut down that false narrative.
[+]
 Bahamut.Minimuse
Server: Bahamut
user: grumpette
By Bahamut.Minimuse 2020-04-06 15:26:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Those of us in the United States have not approached the worst of the pandemic containment failure. The eye of the pandemic storm hits us in another week or two.

Failures:
1) Delayed containment measures
2) Denial by our government officials from municipal to federal levels
3) Stupidity from community influencers including church venues of all faiths
4) Naive, invincible cultural mindset
5) Lack of testing

Only 1,867,103 tests have been registered in the last hour.

As of this hour the death rate of 10,662 is more than half of the recovery rate of 19,308.

Source: Worldometer

We might not even know about Covid19 deaths from people who have died at home or the homeless because this pandemic was not contained expediently.

Then there is the collateral damage:
1) People with other conditions not receiving expedient medical care because medical resources are taxed to the max
2) Medical professionals who eventually succumb to constant exposure to the virus despite utmost protective measures
[+]
 Bahamut.Minimuse
Server: Bahamut
user: grumpette
By Bahamut.Minimuse 2020-04-06 15:29:06
Link | Quote | Reply

From a personal perspective, medical venues were beginning to screen patients who recently visited other nations as early as January. I need to take regular blood tests because of my multiple autoimmune conditions. I thought it odd that I was being screened for out of country travel. I have had to cut Plaquenil dosage in half until consumer supply normalizes. There is still a Plaquenil shortage in my area. I'm not in any danger at the moment, but I'm having to live with more symptoms and am not as pain free as I could be. I am likely to need chemo again if this continues.

Doctors do not understand the mechanism of Plaquenil with relation to Covid19 treatment.

Plaquenil's mechanism for treating severe autoimmune disorders is to build enough of the medicine in your system over a period of several weeks to several months to control over active antibody production. Levels of medication needed differ from person to person. Plaquenil needs to be introduced in small dosages over time to prevent toxic overdose.

Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS)
I'm not a medical professional, just someone who needs this medicine to function. I suspect Plaquenil is used in conjunction with an antibiotic to halt the symptoms of ARDs. I doubt Plaquenil is going to be effective on people who have already developed ARDS as your body needs to develop a supply of the drug over time. Two weeks is not enough to halt ARDS from developing into a cytokine storm that results in multi-system organ failure and death.

It's the inflammation that is caused by the antibody attack on the virus that begins the pneumonia process that leads to ARDS. Unfortunately the end result of natural antibody counter measures against Covid19 produces inflammation and an abundance of mucus sludge the creates ARDS and places people on ventilators. The prognosis of survival from Covid19 once someone is on a ventilator is grim.

Therefore, early testing is crucial in treating at risk populations from developing ARDS from Covid19.
[+]
By Eboneezer 2020-04-06 15:30:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yet Dr Fauci wants to do the studies and says there is certainly indication that there is a benefit to the use of the drug. He was cut off from saying that he didn't want people to assume that there is a magical leap to a cure. Studies need to be done, and should be done. He's answered questions about this drug on numerous media outlets.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-04-06 15:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, he was cut off from contradicting Trump's false narrative that there is a magical leap to a cure, when in fact, the miracle drug he is pushing so hard could actually kill people. This narrative needs to be abandoned for the foreseeable future, yet we can pretty much guarantee Trump will continue to push it on us everyday. When we are 12-18 months away from a vaccine.

Post deleted by User.
By Eboneezer 2020-04-06 15:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Good, I'd love to hear any new news about it, good or bad. over 70% of the doctors are prescribing it in Spain. As more and more data becomes available, I hope he keeps us updated. Just ignore it like you do everything else he says
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-04-06 15:44:32
Link | Quote | Reply

China is to blame for trying to save face, it may not be the most appropriate comparison but it does feel a little like chernobyl as in they are more concerned about covering it up than the crisis it caused.

Now this shows us how unprepared we were for a global health crisis and where we need to improve.

This. I mean, back in Jan and Feb there were TONS of footage and rumors from the Chinese social media showing how serious this virus really was. People were dying on the streets and in their home all the time, hospitals overwhelmed with patients and people were dying in hallway waiting for a bed. Millions lose job from lockdown and some even suicide because of it. These kind of story were EVERYWHERE on social media. It was so sad....and that was 2 months ago.

Anyone that pays slight attention to what's really going on in China knew how serious the situation really was in Wuhan, without having to read any data from CCP. Some people on the internet were saying that real case/death number in China was probably 10x more than what Chinese government said.

What did western media said about the virus at that time? "Just flu". Then they continue to brainwash people with their "just flu" talk for another month until they can no longer hide anything.

Proof?

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/54272/pax-east-fan-gathering-2020/7/

Just FYI, South Korea reported over 140 new cases in one single day yesterday, and no east Asian country wants to become China No.2.

Way back in Feb I already pointed out that east Asian countries were all very well aware of how serious this virus really is and TONS of people will die from it if it's not blocked early. While other people in the same thread were still in "just flu" mode.

I don't blame them. If this isn't media's fault(since people rely on media to get information), I'm not sure who else to blame.

"Chinese government lied it's all their fault" is just an excuse IMO. Surely none of the "experts" from our government has access to Chinese social media where you can gather informations from their citizens about what's really going on? How come all the east Asian countries managed to gather correct info and acted early but not NA?

No excuses for doing a bad job!
This is my sentiment exactly. Those of us looking knew this would be bad. And if normal people knew it would be bad, don't try to pretend the governments didn't all know at least a month before we did.
And when people were trying to say this would be bad, the media just called those people "fringe far-right conspiracy theorists."
The media are traitors to the human race.
First Page 2 3 ... 49 50 51 ... 129 130 131