Corona Virus, How Has It Affected Your Area So Far?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
First Page 2 3 ... 48 49 50 ... 129 130 131
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-04 10:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The king of no context paging. /sitthrone

Quote:
In Northern Italy, 60 volunteers who thought they'd never suffered COVID-19 gave blood. 40 of them tested positive for antigens.
By Viciouss 2020-04-04 20:55:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I was finally allowed to donate blood today, after years of being turned away. They seemed pretty desperate.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-04-05 06:42:40
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
So when is America open for business?

Depending on your source, either Easter or the end of May.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-04-05 09:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
So when is America open for business?
If you are of the campaign contributing class, it never shut down.
[+]
By Odinz 2020-04-05 12:11:07
Link | Quote | Reply

FOX, Trump... such a consortium of idiocy has, historically, never been as well documented as this.
YouTube Video Placeholder

I don't know who is dumber; the people this video features or the people who watch and believe them?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-05 12:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Odinz said: »
And it's idiots like this (not saying you Odinz, just the person who created this meme) are the reason why we have so much low-information trash online.

If anyone with more than 2 working braincells and actually listen to anything Trump and experts say, it's that warmer weather will slow the virus spread, not eliminate it.

Just like other respiratory diseases, warmer weather curbs the spread because the disease cannot live outside it's host for longer periods of time in warmer/hotter weather than cooler weather.

But anyone who wants to make cheap points off of stupidity, then don't blame society for when that stupidity gets you and your loved ones killed.
By Odinz 2020-04-05 12:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
And it's idiots like this (not saying you Odinz, just the person who created this meme) are the reason why we have so much low-information trash online.

If anyone with more than 2 working braincells and actually listen to anything Trump and experts say, it's that warmer weather will slow the virus spread, not eliminate it.

Just like other respiratory diseases, warmer weather curbs the spread because the disease cannot live outside it's host for longer periods of time in warmer/hotter weather than cooler weather.

But anyone who wants to make cheap points off of stupidity, then don't blame society for when that stupidity gets you and your loved ones killed.
see my post just before yours.
That video is pretty damning.
Doubt you would say that after watching it.
This video responds to anyone who thinks Trump and the republicans, their media are competent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAh4uS4f78o
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-04-05 12:18:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Take it to P&R.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-05 12:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

When it gets a little warmer it miraculously goes away
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-05 12:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

see my post just before yours.
That video is pretty damning.
Doubt you would say that after watching it.
This video responds to anyone who thinks Trump and the republicans, their media are competent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAh4uS4f78o
Yeah, I watched your highly edited biased video that portrays your viewpoints, and what was said wasn't as bad as the past 3 and a half years of "Russia Collusion/Ukraine/Impeachment/Emoluments/Orange Man Bad" media hype that is shown on networks who couldn't even combine ratings to match Fox's daily ratings, and some networks would have to go for 2-3 months before they can match Fox's weekly numbers.

But that's not a topic for here. I just said that the misinformation (aka facts I don't like) that you posted is the reason why some people are dying due to their relatives/friends/co-workers stupidity. It's because of mindsets like this that the pandemic is gaining ground instead of plateauing today. Like the Spring Breakers of a month ago.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-04-05 12:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

But the problem is when the passengers themselves try to create the turbulence.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-05 13:02:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
But the problem is when the passengers themselves try to create the turbulence.
Naw, it's the passengers who are telling the pilots how to fly that's the problem. Especially the loudest voices of them all.

"Stop flying so high, it's making me sick!"
"Why are you pitching left? It's obviously supposed to go right!"
"I could be a better pilot than you, even though I have no training on how to fly!"

It's like flying with a bunch of mother-in-laws!
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-04-05 16:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
Yuck, I should do some searching for my area see if the numbers have changed, that one case I heard of was a week ago.

Edit: 3 confirmed, no deaths, all 3 are stable and home quarantined.

400 cases in my state, 10 deaths. The confirmed cases doubled in 4 days.
From 8 days ago.
Now:
8 confirmed cases in my county, no deaths.
NV up to like 1500 confirmed cases, 45 or so deaths.
By Viciouss 2020-04-05 17:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

460 cases in my county, 6 deaths. It's mostly young people getting infected here, and it's not killing them.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-05 20:55:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
460 cases in my county, 6 deaths. It's mostly young people getting infected here, and it's not killing them.
Don’t you live in San Marcos? If so, of course it’s going to be young “adults” getting infected, they are too stupid to listen.
By Viciouss 2020-04-05 21:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Austin. Same demographic.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-05 21:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

That explains a lot then. After this is all over and if we are both breathing, I’m going to go to Austin and buy you a beer and a steak.

Or invite you to San Antonio for some good food, instead of that hippie junk food you guys have over there!
By Viciouss 2020-04-05 21:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

The restaurants are all open for takeout here but wow are they *** up our orders. We got wingdaddys the other day, ordered 5 dips, got charged for 7, were delivered 2. The math here doesn't work.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-04-05 21:51:39
Link | Quote | Reply

The restaurants are all open for takeout here but wow are they *** up our orders. We got wingdaddys the other day, ordered 5 dips, got charged for 7, were delivered 2. The math here doesn't work.

They think there's bodies in the streets now, just *** try forgetting my Blue Cheese in the proper quantity on a wing order.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-05 22:10:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »

They think there's bodies in the streets now, just *** try forgetting my Blue Cheese in the proper quantity on a wing order.
If there is one thing that is bad about a good economy, it is that the level of service from jobs that uses minimum wage labor falls, because since nobody is hurting for a job, employers can’t be choosy about who to hire and will take the lowest denominator.
 Ragnarok.Ozment
Server: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2020-04-05 23:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Austin. Same demographic.

Austin! I have a nephew that lives there and works as a sushi chef...and a 2nd cousin that is in a punk/ska band and plays at a coffee house somewhere...kick butt coffee?
By ashcrow 2020-04-05 23:26:39
Link | Quote | Reply

the virus got me to quit smoking, and i started to smell like a chick
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2020-04-06 06:24:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Its seems death rate by covid is starting to stabilize, a bit earlier than i thought.

Mayne a light im the end of the tunnel?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-06 06:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

It was sunday. Wait for today numbers.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-04-06 07:25:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
It was sunday. Wait for today numbers.

yeah if using the CDC as your source, weekend numbers aren't certified until Monday morning.
First Page 2 3 ... 48 49 50 ... 129 130 131