PAX East Fan Gathering 2020!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » PAX East Fan Gathering 2020!
PAX East Fan Gathering 2020!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Asura.Outlawbruce
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2020-02-21 07:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

The event was free. But pax is not free. The venue wasn't even at the expo center.

They dont have to do ***. But obviously it will be some youtube video.

I'll accept a rank 1 prize as an apology :P because they haven't even done that yet. "We regret to inform you" isnt an apology to people who are flying across the country and spent money on pax east badges just to come to this event.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-02-21 07:27:51
Link | Quote | Reply

When you donated to the tsunami relief fun through a certain way, SE gave players a moogle cap with a green pompom. Hopefully they will give people, /at least/, an in-game item because of this, but oh well. They won't. Incoming youtube video saying they're sorry in 3... 2... 1...
By Wolfen 2020-02-21 07:31:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The whole reason I was even going to Boston :(
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2020-02-21 07:54:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be happy with a couple rainbow mog pells. They have our information to send us something!

Inb4 its just the free game copy our guests were supposed to get.

I take that back. I want invited to a fan site summit at their LA offices. Give me a crab dinner.

[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-02-21 07:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Cowards.
[+]
 Asura.Outlawbruce
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2020-02-21 08:27:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Wolfen said: »
The whole reason I was even going to Boston :(

Ditto. Honestly never even heard the word Pax before in my life. I think living in the midwest we never get anything big events like the coasts do.

Now the only thing to look forward to is some nip slips on questionable cosplay outfits. Knowing my luck itll be all dudes
[+]
By Felgarr 2020-02-21 08:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Well this sucks. :(

Gold Mog Pells for folks who registered. K. Plz. Thanx.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-21 09:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, what a horrible PR move. Coronavirus seems like a cheap copout because they didn't feel like traveling.
[+]
By fonewear 2020-02-21 10:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Level 1 dagger in your inbox as a refund.
[+]
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2020-02-21 10:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Wow, what a horrible PR move. Coronavirus seems like a cheap copout because they didn't feel like traveling.

Sony cancelled their appearance as well, offhand. Cancellations due to Coronavirus led to the entire Mobile World Conference event being cancelled as well, and likely other things.

The action may not be warranted, but, SE isn't exactly alone in taking it.
By Drayco 2020-02-21 10:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

According to the CDC contagion simulation algorithm, these are the type of events that really can spread a virus quickly. Glad to see they're taking this serious.
 Odin.Juliano
Server: Odin
user: Julian
By Odin.Juliano 2020-02-21 11:15:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure wish I could get my flight and hotel refunded. /rolleyes
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-21 11:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like you people got ***, that's what you're worth to Square
[+]
 Asura.Outlawbruce
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2020-02-21 11:41:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Drayco said: »
According to the CDC contagion simulation algorithm, these are the type of events that really can spread a virus quickly. Glad to see they're taking this serious.

Yeah, if it existed here it could be spread, but it doesnt. Guess what I'm not gonna spread? Measles. Because I dont have it.
This isnt a bubonic plague(of which your chances of contracting that is higher than coronashit) Japan has maybe 40 cases? CDC doesn't have any traveling restrictions for going to Japan. In fact, they're safer leaving there than staying there.
By Draylo 2020-02-21 11:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Luckily i had other plans on Boston but not gonna lie, this was the main reason i wanted to go. So dumb.
[+]
 Asura.Karumac
user: Karuma
By Asura.Karumac 2020-02-21 11:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Outlawbruce said: »
Japan has maybe 40 cases? CDC doesn't have any traveling restrictions for going to Japan. In fact, they're safer leaving there than staying there.

Safe from Coronavirus, sure. Safe from racist *** who think all Asians are Chinese and all Chinese are trying to spread Coronavirus, not so much. That's my take on SE deciding none of their employees can go.
By Drayco 2020-02-21 12:09:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, if it existed here it could be spread, but it doesnt. Guess what I'm not gonna spread? Measles. Because I dont have it.
This isnt a bubonic plague(of which your chances of contracting that is higher than coronashit) Japan has maybe 40 cases? CDC doesn't have any traveling restrictions for going to Japan. In fact, they're safer leaving there than staying there.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-21 12:18:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karumac said: »
Safe from Coronavirus, sure. Safe from racist *** who think all Asians are Chinese and all Chinese are trying to spread Coronavirus, not so much. That's my take on SE deciding none of their employees can go.

have you been to pax? there's no shortage of asians of all ethnicities, and the couple times i went there was no racism

japan had those quarantined cruises, but i didn't think there was significant exposure in general pop, the risk seems negligible but it's their choice to make i guess
By Afania 2020-02-21 22:03:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Not true, Japan has more than 100 cases now and many new cases has never been to China.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/coronavirus-hit-japan-limits-large-gatherings-11582282621

They have been cancelling public events too.

Just FYI, South Korea reported over 140 new cases in one single day yesterday, and no east Asian country wants to become China No.2. It's impossible to quarantine everybody when they have too many infected people. If one infected person isn't quarantined the number of infected people will sky rock.

. In fact, they're safer leaving there than staying there.

Not true too. It's safer to stay at home or open areas and WAY not safe to fly for 12 hours on an airplane.

Shiva.Thorny said: »
japan had those quarantined cruises, but i didn't think there was significant exposure in general pop, the risk seems negligible but it's their choice to make i guess

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_coronavirus_outbreak_in_Japan

109 cases total, only 26 had China travel history. Numbers are increasing daily too.

If Japan report 100 more cases tomorrow like SK I wouldn't be surprised.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2020-02-21 22:11:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, Square-Enix isn't really at fault here. As others have mentioned other Japanese companies are doing this too, and in situations like this cancellations are fairly common practice, especially in Eastern corporate settings. It sucks and I feel bad for everyone who paid money, but there aren't any villains to blame this time.
By Afania 2020-02-21 22:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
Yeah, Square-Enix isn't really at fault here. As others have mentioned other Japanese companies are doing this too, and in situations like this cancellations are fairly common practice, especially in Eastern corporate settings. It sucks and I feel bad for everyone who paid money, but there aren't any villains to blame this time.

That, and honestly if they don't cancel public events they will face "social pressure" there because everybody is cancelling events and panicking about becoming China No.2.
By Draylo 2020-02-21 23:33:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Who is even dying from this? I thought only really old sick people, and the flu kills more people. Now all these cancellations!
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-22 00:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Who is even dying from this?

it's not about dying so much as the net loss to productivity from allowing a new flu to end up worldwide

isolating and treating it before it becomes an ongoing issue has enormous economic value

(i still think it's just a copout for SE, but there is value in preventing the spread)
By Afania 2020-02-22 07:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Who is even dying from this? I thought only really old sick people, and the flu kills more people. Now all these cancellations!

It's not flu it's pneumonia that spreads just as fast, if not faster than flu.

AFAIK pneumonia requires more medical resources and if thousands of people gets it it will quickly overwhelm the entire health care system.

Flu kills more people but it has lower death rate. The number just seems bigger because more people gets it.

I get that cancelling sucked but things has priority. Japan already shut down schools, and people already lose jobs in East Asia for this. Then ffxi players are complaining about cancelling a video game event...
By Antisense 2020-02-22 07:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

AFAIK pneumonia requires more medical resources and if thousands of people gets it it will quickly overwhelm the entire health care system.

Flu kills more people but it has lower fatality rate. The number just seems bigger because more people gets it.

I get that cancelling sucked but things has priority.

Influenza infection can also be a precursor to pneumonia, either CABP or HAP. Why do you think the Spanish flu or H1N1 2009 killed?
By Afania 2020-02-22 07:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Antisense said: »
Afania said: »

Flu kills more people but it has lower fatality rate. The number just seems bigger because more people gets it.

I get that cancelling sucked but things has priority.

Influenza infection can also be a precursor to pneumonia, either CABP or HAP

But not always, no?
By Antisense 2020-02-22 07:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Not everyone who gets infected with covid-19 gets pneumonia due to excessive inflammatory response
By Afania 2020-02-22 08:08:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Antisense said: »
Not everyone who gets infected with covid-19 gets pneumonia due to excessive inflammatory response

I see. I do think that the entire reason why covid-19 is such a big deal in east Asia has something to do with political and Economical reasons too.

Many countries already banned flights to/from China because of it. But most east Asian countries such as South Korea, Japan, Singapore and Taiwan can't afford the cost nor take the risk.
 Leviathan.Katriina
Server: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2020-02-22 14:07:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats not entirely accurate, COVID-19 attacks the Alveoli directly across the whole respiratory system and not just in certain areas of the lungs (AKA Pneumonia), causing what is known as Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS), which is extremely dangerous if proper medical care isn't implemented like forced paralysis under low tidal volume ventilation.

As of now; it's estimated that 2.4% of infected individuals die from it (Partially people above 60 or with an underlying condition), but due to quarantine enforcement, the rate of spreading it is in decline.

Cancelling public events is the standard procedure right now, and SE is just following that. It is expected to stay like this for another 4-6 months ...
By Raistl0n 2020-02-22 14:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Everything is just guess s right now
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8