2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Ambuscade » Frog Ambuscade V1
Frog Ambuscade V1
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16
By Seun 2023-11-12 02:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ohtas, Rimeice, Cape, Sash +1 and attachments cover haste.

OD is still OD, but old content is older now. My fastest runs are done with a mix of STP and MA/Crit gear. Not to say Taeon is wrong, but it's overkill if you're going defensive with attachments. I usually have just under 1 minute left on OD timer when Bozo is down. Always activated about 5 seconds after I engage and get to safety.
 Shiva.Seraphione
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Seraphione 2023-11-12 06:12:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Commencal said: »
This is probably the slowest method and still a bit dangerous, I used the enspell strat on Rdm. It's hit or miss depending on whether it decides to cast Kaustra when Silence wears off, otherwise it's really easy. I had to stack magic accuracy to reduce enspell resistance.
I have been using this strategy on VD and I think I have found a way to largely reduce the risk of Kaustra by trying to use Silence only twice. The Silence at the beginning of the fight is casted with my standard magic accuracy + duration gear, with Crocea and Daybreak sheathed. At 51% HP I usually need to wait for some time until this Silence wears off. This allows the second Silence to be landed at 51% HP (BG wiki says it seems to cast Kaustra only under 50% HP).

To ensure the second Silence lasting for the remainder of the fight is the other key part of this strategy. I first cast a normal Silence with Chironic Hose to get one immunobreak (this is important). Then, I land the guaranteed Silence with both Stymie and Saboteur active. So far, this always lasts for the remainder of the fight. The fight takes about 10 minutes in total.

Note1: The relevance of that one immunobreak was recently discussed in length in the RDM forum here so I will avoid going into detail. Basically, without that immunobreak, a Stymie-forced Silence will be guaranteed to be half-resisted if the monster's Silence resistance rank is 5% (seemingly to be the case for the frog) or 10%.

Note2: in my case I have a GEO buffing me with Indi-Haste and Geo-Focus, and myself have Orpheus sash, but I think even without these, a RDM with decent gear can safely solo this using the above strategy.
[+]
 Shiva.Cerderic
Server: Shiva
user: Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2023-11-14 10:20:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Solo PUP/COR with max gear (aside from sortie earring) can confirm fluctuating between 50 seconds remaining on OD ~ 20% HP still left on the boss. The difference primarily, even above good/bad COR roll, using food, swapping sets for pet WS, applying Dia III/IV, seems to be the frequency in which the boss happens to TP reset (blare) while the pet has high TP.
By Antisense 2023-11-14 10:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else getting incorrect names for TP moves?

E.g., Forceful Blow is actually Providence (HP recovery and frog adds spawned)

Tyrannic Blare actually Quenching Hammer (?)
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-11-14 10:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Windower "can't" (won't) update resources until square fixes slips.
(Edit; Apparently I can shame windower devs into updating the resources with one sentence)

They know the moves are from last month. Everyone using battlemod has the "issue"

If you update windower as of now it'll be correct
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16