Frog Ambuscade V1

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Ambuscade » Frog Ambuscade V1
Frog Ambuscade V1
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14
 Phoenix.Jakarai
Offline
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: jakarai
Posts: 60
By Phoenix.Jakarai 2021-09-14 16:04:49
Link | Quote | Reply
 
anyone mind posting the attachments they use to overdrive?
 Lakshmi.Dissident
Offline
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: tmd5
Posts: 7
By Lakshmi.Dissident 2021-09-14 16:29:00
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Phoenix.Jakarai said: »
anyone mind posting the attachments they use to overdrive?

If someone doesn't beat me to it, this is what most use:

Mana Jammer 3,4
Optic Fiber 1,2
Inhibitor 2
Turbo Charger 1,2
Magni Plug 1,2
Auto Repair Kit IV
Flame Holder
Attuner

Water, fire, Light
[+]
 Phoenix.Jakarai
Offline
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: jakarai
Posts: 60
By Phoenix.Jakarai 2021-09-15 11:57:28
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Lakshmi.Dissident said: »
Phoenix.Jakarai said: »
anyone mind posting the attachments they use to overdrive?

If someone doesn't beat me to it, this is what most use:

Mana Jammer 3,4
Optic Fiber 1,2
Inhibitor 2
Turbo Charger 1,2
Magni Plug 1,2
Auto Repair Kit IV
Flame Holder
Attuner

Water, fire, Light

thank you
 Siren.Vanian
Offline
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
Posts: 66
By Siren.Vanian 2021-09-16 15:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Any other easy items I'm missing for this? I'm currently at 500JP, with all 20 into overdrive. Ohtas r15, Animator P,
Full Taeon all with atk+20-25 double attack +3-5 -dt 3-4,
JSE cape with haste, atk/acc, -dt, Tali'ah Ring, Hurch'lan Sash and a Handeler's Earring, and eating grape diafuku

Using the above attachments but using Inhibitor 1 instead of 2, Magni Plug 2, Mana Jammer 4 and 2, and adding Coiler 2.

Managed 1 kill on D when auto got a ws off with 1 sec left of overdrive, other 2 attempts Overdrive wore off at 6% and 1%
Offline
Posts: 42
By kasnuaku 2021-09-16 18:40:32
Link | Quote | Reply
 
if you over drive at around 95% of the frogs HP, it seems to help IMO with letting over drive kill him before he goes bonkers and kaustruas your robot
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Offline
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
Posts: 997
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-09-16 19:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Anwig Salade.

Also, the 1200 JP gift is a huge, huge bonus.
Offline
Posts: 38
By tmd5 2021-09-16 19:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Siren.Vanian said: »
Any other easy items I'm missing for this? I'm currently at 500JP, with all 20 into overdrive. Ohtas r15, Animator P,
Full Taeon all with atk+20-25 double attack +3-5 -dt 3-4,
JSE cape with haste, atk/acc, -dt, Tali'ah Ring, Hurch'lan Sash and a Handeler's Earring, and eating grape diafuku

Using the above attachments but using Inhibitor 1 instead of 2, Magni Plug 2, Mana Jammer 4 and 2, and adding Coiler 2.

Managed 1 kill on D when auto got a ws off with 1 sec left of overdrive, other 2 attempts Overdrive wore off at 6% and 1%

My only idea is you need more pet ACC. Have you tried parsing the auto's accuracy?

Also make sure to bring /COR and use beast roll after calling AA-MR or the other BST (Lhu something or other).

My suggestions are:

Replace the Pet: Attack on the Taeon with Pet ACC.
Replace Hurch'lan Sash with klouskap sash +1.
Get the PUP Relic body (if you don't have it) that adds 20 seconds to Overdrive. This is essential I think, especially on VD.
Remove it after Overdrive is activated (it still extends the duration!).

Try to max out the Taeon with DA5 on each piece (DA boosts Bone Crusher).
My Taeon has only Pet ACC 21 and that's good enough.

Also, when you get 1200 job points the SU4 Pitre Fists is worth every single penny (with pet augments!).
Don't worry about getting the SU5 later, because for most things it's not essential.

Varar Rings +1 might help too. They have Pet ACC+10 and STP+6 on them.

Even as job master I had only 10 secs left on Overdrive on my first 2 runs on VD.
Offline
Posts: 60
By mynameisgonz 2021-09-16 22:52:47
Link | Quote | Reply
 
YouTube Video Placeholder


This is how ive been doing it with a 3-man cell on VD. Alot of info gathered from this thread and just making it stable. This ensures 100% clean runs, just takes a bit longer.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 931
By macsdf1 2021-09-16 23:00:58
Link | Quote | Reply
 
just bring monk and a smn, brd/cor/geo/whm buff a little and mew on cool down, frog dead in 25 sec.

if frog gets a tp move off due to not enough subtle blow gear, then next time just have him turn every 15 sec till the smn mews it all away. With capped subtle blow shouldn't need to turn tho.

no need for 2h resets or whatever.
Offline
Posts: 12515
By Draylo 2021-09-17 00:05:22
Link | Quote | Reply
 
You can use a BLU also, who can place DEF down on it but it's really easy either way, idk the hype for PUP. Delete that job plz.
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Safiyyah
Posts: 684
By Asura.Sirris 2021-09-17 00:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply
 
macsdf1 said: »
just bring monk and a smn, brd/cor/geo/whm buff a little and mew on cool down, frog dead in 25 sec.

if frog gets a tp move off due to not enough subtle blow gear, then next time just have him turn every 15 sec till the smn mews it all away. With capped subtle blow shouldn't need to turn tho.

no need for 2h resets or whatever.

Why bring so many people, when one person can solo it on Very Difficult with minimal gear?
 Asura.Msmissy
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: msmissy
Posts: 43
By Asura.Msmissy 2021-09-17 00:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Sirris said: »
macsdf1 said: »
just bring monk and a smn, brd/cor/geo/whm buff a little and mew on cool down, frog dead in 25 sec.

if frog gets a tp move off due to not enough subtle blow gear, then next time just have him turn every 15 sec till the smn mews it all away. With capped subtle blow shouldn't need to turn tho.

no need for 2h resets or whatever.

Why bring so many people, when one person can solo it on Very Difficult with minimal gear?


To help ppl? (and by helping i don't mean mercing the damn thing)
[+]
Offline
Posts: 38
By tmd5 2021-09-17 04:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply
 
PUP VD probably has the least risk of death or a 1-shot from Hammer right?

It's also fairly fast. When Overdrive is activated i'm out of there in just 2 1/2 minutes or so. I know that monk can do it in 1 minute I guess.

With PUP you don't need any other support, but a COR does help.

I think in 30 runs i've died only 2 times and that was due to accidentally being at 28 yalms.

What you should all be doing is inviting other LS friends and not entering alone when you go as PUP.

Just make sure they don't melee or use rolls or JAs that give you TP (messes with Inhibitor). Can remove your weapon if needed though.

You get gallantry and 1m in gil from each of them. Just kidding, I don't merc and never will. My friends keep telling me I should, but no thanks.

Another tip...when you spam VD for them, show them how to reset your 1hr and how to get a map from Maze Mongers.
 Asura.Nolano
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Nolano
Posts: 1
By Asura.Nolano 2021-09-17 11:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Yesterday I tried COR as the primary DD in a 74 Subtle Blow build.

The plan was to multistep with last stand and numbing shot. However, my last stand's were doing around 250-300 damage, which seems cruel.

Have others seen this resistance to physical ranged damage? My daggers were doing normal damage, but the piercing of ranged damage seems to be treated differently.

Edit: for context, the buffs were non-enfeebling geomancy, 4 rolls, and 4 songs.
Offline
Posts: 38
By tmd5 2021-09-17 16:25:04
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Nolano said: »
Yesterday I tried COR as the primary DD in a 74 Subtle Blow build.

The plan was to multistep with last stand and numbing shot. However, my last stand's were doing around 250-300 damage, which seems cruel.

Have others seen this resistance to physical ranged damage? My daggers were doing normal damage, but the piercing of ranged damage seems to be treated differently.

Edit: for context, the buffs were non-enfeebling geomancy, 4 rolls, and 4 songs.

I tried the PUP Ranger "tank" and his ranged attacks were only doing about 60dmg.

I was out of range and couldn't see all his damage in the log.

After 4-5 minutes the frog was still at around 90% and I had to warp out. Not even worth trying to get a win.

So looks like he's highly resistant to ranged attacks, including any ranged weapon skills.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Offline
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-09-17 17:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Msmissy said: »
Asura.Sirris said: »
macsdf1 said: »
just bring monk and a smn, brd/cor/geo/whm buff a little and mew on cool down, frog dead in 25 sec.

if frog gets a tp move off due to not enough subtle blow gear, then next time just have him turn every 15 sec till the smn mews it all away. With capped subtle blow shouldn't need to turn tho.

no need for 2h resets or whatever.

Why bring so many people, when one person can solo it on Very Difficult with minimal gear?


To help ppl? (and by helping i don't mean mercing the damn thing)

"Why bring so many people"

Gallantry: "Am I a joke to you!?"
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gunit
Posts: 546
By Asura.Bippin 2021-09-17 17:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Sirris said: »
Why bring so many people, when one person can solo it on Very Difficult with minimal gear?

Cause some of us have friends....


Also extra Gallantry
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14
Log in to post.