May 2019 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-13 17:16:30
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't turn a weapon into a pulse cell except at the point of obtaining it... right(?)
By soralin 2019-05-13 17:21:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh nevermind I thought Ardrick converts pulse weapons into pulse cells, but yeah looking it up you get the cell at the time of.

Guess he can only do the Cell => Weapon conversion.
By Nyarlko 2019-05-13 18:07:48
Link | Quote | Reply

All of the VW pulse weapons are POLsendable. <3
As long as you have just one character that has them unlocked from the gobbie, your entire account is covered as long as you can bother exp'ing on it. I see "saving money" as nearly equal to "making money", especially when looking at same-account alts/mules.

One potential downside to the auto-Potpourri buff.. It lasts thru KO, and can't be clicked off, so you might want to plan ahead if you might be needing merits for HTBs.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-13 18:09:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It only works after maximum. So irrelevant.

if you spend all your merits, you must recap before buff works.
By Nyarlko 2019-05-13 18:17:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
It only works after maximum. So irrelevant.

if you spend all your merits, you must recap before buff works.

OK. Awesome. I had max merits at the time I tried it out, and wasn't feeling well enough to do proper testing at the time.

Thank you for checking. :D
 Bahamut.Unagihito
Server: Bahamut
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2019-05-14 06:50:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I hadn't seen anyone "offically" confirm, but mog house gardening completes the monthly objective.

poidh
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2019-05-14 10:02:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Evlkairi said: »
Can confirm ps4 wireless controller works now.

THIS IS HUGE IF TRUE.

no more horrendous lag?
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Server: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-05-14 10:26:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I caved to Microsoft and just bought an Xbox One controller like they wanted.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2019-05-15 12:11:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wanted to ask again what the best/fastest way to get these 25k merits for a potential glowy weapon are. I've been grinding out jp on apex mobs, but it seems rather slow going. Should I instead be focusing on an easier mob type that I can nuke down at a faster rate?

Thanks!
By eliroo 2019-05-15 12:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The same way you grind Gain EXP
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-05-15 12:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Just wanted to ask again what the best/fastest way to get these 25k merits for a potential glowy weapon are. I've been grinding out jp on apex mobs, but it seems rather slow going. Should I instead be focusing on an easier mob type that I can nuke down at a faster rate?

Thanks!
Apex are actually probably the worst possible mob type for this. They may give really high CP, but they give normal exp/limit points for their level. And have a metric ton of HP. So they're really inefficient for earning merit points quickly.

Best bet is probably AoE killing normal mobs of a moderate level.

More or less, this.
eliroo said: »
The same way you grind Gain EXP
By Chimerawizard 2019-05-15 12:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have a bunch of friends you'd like to do it with, I suggest Incursion.
Ton of EXP, can even bring a whole alliance worth of characters and get over 5k xp per kill. However, It does require a mobile group and a bit of planning on your route to keep the chain going the whole time.

I'd like to know, how much xp per kill does the 143 version give?
Is it 1 merit per kill for a full alliance?
 Asura.Bayonette
By Asura.Bayonette 2019-05-15 13:20:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »

Thanks!

Since I finally realized potpourri = stored merit points,Ive been grinding xp on COR on random reisinjima trash. With the campaign and my xp roll i get 20000 per mob.

An AOE cp party will be ideal, gonna join one on smn tonight as i need the cp and xp now.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2019-05-15 14:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Goblins do not give cells, only whole weapons.

Wrong. Last month I received a Pulse Cell: Aytanri from the Goblin. Also, most of the Pulse Cells I sold all came from the Goblin.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-15 14:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Wrong goblins dawg.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2019-05-15 14:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Which goblin? I assume emperox is the one only doing weapons
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-15 14:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Goblins do not give cells, only whole weapons. Merits, won't directly lower the price of cells.

Yes, emporox
By soralin 2019-05-15 15:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I might go cleave on my paladin tonight to get a feel for how respectable the exp rate is, try and benchmark how long it would take to make a pulse weapon via that means.

Difficult to cleave on Asura though, most of the good spots are botted to ***.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-15 15:50:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I had zero merits stored when update hit, up to 55k now~
By eliroo 2019-05-15 16:06:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I've gotten just shy of 2k and I haven't even tried farming them.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-05-15 16:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

soralin said: »
I might go cleave on my paladin tonight to get a feel for how respectable the exp rate is, try and benchmark how long it would take to make a pulse weapon via that means.

Difficult to cleave on Asura though, most of the good spots are botted to ***.
I did a bit of random PLD cleave the other day. Checked my logs for some info.
Code
[20:26:19]=== Area: Sih Gates ===
[20:30:30]Martel gain potpourri for a total of 173!

[21:07:31]Martel gain potpourri for a total of 429!

A very relaxed 41 minutes there. Went from 173 potpourri to 429. So 256 in 41 minutes. And I certainly could have been going faster. Could also improve by having a cor doing cor roll.

Going at this rate it'd take 66 hours to get 25k. But I'm confident you could go much faster than I was.

Although I'm not sure I would recommend this particular camp. It's commonly used as a place to kill dullahan for ambuscade. Just happened to be empty when I went.

I really wish Reisen didn't suck horribly for PLD cleave. What with the mobs walking right through the treeline. Hard to line them up.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2019-05-15 16:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Wrong goblins dawg.

Misunderstood, my apologies, carry on!
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-15 17:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sabotender KI seem to be bugged too...

With Lamb+Clock +12% I was getting 19710 exp per kill

With Sabotender+Clock +16% I'm getting 19575

Lamb is 2% Cactus is supposed to be 6%... looks like it's giving 0%

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Monster_Rearing

Based on all the other monsters, sabo should be CP but it's listed in game as EXP

Peqetender+Clock gives 19980
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-17 14:48:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Q. Ambuscade is congested and I’m having a hard time doing the content due to queue. I would like for something to be done.
A. We’re currently experimenting to half the wait time by adding another entrance area for the Ambuscade. As to why this is being delayed, we have few areas remaining that can be used. We were concerned if it's wise to use these areas that could be utilized for new content, such as Omen. However, looking at the current situation, we felt it is necessary and have started experimenting. It seems effective, but we’d require some more time until we can implement it. We ask for your patience.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-05-17 15:36:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought adding another entrance would do nothing for congestion? I heard that idea thrown out a couple of times and people shot it down as "wouldn't work"
By soralin 2019-05-17 15:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Great job folks, its nice to see the community is indeed capable of voicing their concerns still!
By soralin 2019-05-17 15:37:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I thought adding another entrance would do nothing for congestion? I heard that idea thrown out a couple of times and people shot it down as "wouldn't work"

If that second entrance was hooked up to a totally separate instance, rather than just 2 entrances to the same abdjalis zone feed.

SE honestly should just force enable "Automatic entrance", Id honestly consider that alone enough to lower wait times by like 50%. Too many dinguses substantially increasing wait times by durdling on that.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-17 15:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Other people are stupid. It's really that simple. More instances means less line.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-05-17 15:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Automatic entrance is just another NNI/Salvage entrance trying to get into the zone when its bottlenecked. You just end up spamming entry for several minutes hoping you hit confirm faster than the other guy
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-05-17 17:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

soralin said: »
If that second entrance was hooked up to a totally separate instance, rather than just 2 entrances to the same abdjalis zone feed.

Yeah the limitation is the number of simultaneous battlefields the zone can support. The game doesn't have dynamic zone creation, instead it's a single large static zone with multiple "floors" each with a battlefield in it. Whenever a group clears a battle field, it ejects them then runs a script that cleans up and resets that battlefield back to default then zones in the next group in the queue. They need to add more floors, but I think they are afraid of placing too much stress on a single zone server by having too many people inside a single combat zone. Think about the lag we see in Dynamis, thats what it would be like.

I wish they would add an entirely new legion zone and put it's entrance in another location.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7