May 2019 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-05-10 10:12:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone tell me what the new monthly RoE objectives are? I haven't seen it mentioned yet and I'm not at home right now so I'm curious to know.
By Gorion 2019-05-10 10:35:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I Confirm that Ifrit BC will clear monthly HTMB ROE
[+]
By vil872 2019-05-10 10:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Can anyone tell me what the new monthly RoE objectives are? I haven't seen it mentioned yet and I'm not at home right now so I'm curious to know.

Grow and Harvest - Seems to be gardening inside mog house, not Mog Gardens.

Experience Chains - Chain 5

Wanted - Any(?) UNM

HTMB - Ifrit Prime
By clearlyamule 2019-05-10 10:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Znitch said: »
Prong said: »
Permanent Key Items

Tentacle touching ticket

This makes me nervous.

It's definitely going to replace augment "Galkan Sausage" in pervy NA shouts.
I was never a fan of that one. I always preferred Mangled Ck. Skin, or supple skin or Giant Donko
[+]
 Phoenix.Evlkairi
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Evlkairi 2019-05-10 10:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Can confirm ps4 wireless controller works now.
[+]
By Shermansmith408 2019-05-10 11:23:46
Link | Quote | Reply

What about the Final Fantasy XI configuration? Are we now going to be able to adjust them even with windower?
By Afania 2019-05-10 11:29:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Oh wow, amnesia cured by esuna. They actually went with my idea for once. Nice one. Glad they recognized how annoying that ailment was

Pure DD pov and thanks for giving them idea to nerf whm lol. Only those who doesn't play non yagrush whm in serious content will think it's a good idea by any means and SE clearly doesn't play their game again.

1) the increase went from 30 sec to 2 min.
2) now single target.
3) mp cost went from 24 to 178.

Let's say, we are doing dynamis bastok and NM has aoe knockback/gravity move. Pre esuna nerf WHM can cast misery esuna as soon as they see red lines from NM. Esuna will land before knockback animation happens so all the DD that got knock back will got gravity erased before they move out of range, then they can run back and melee again. Even if that move did not get used you only waste 24mp anyways.

Post nerf this technique can no longer be used. You have to use yagrush or accession erase and even then I'm not sure erase(3 sec cast time) can be fired off faster than esuna(1 sec cast time) to be able to land before knockback animation start. There's a risk of wasting an accession charge if NM doesn't use that move too.

Next dyna bastok we'll see armies of DD yell for erase in pt chat when they are knocked back with gravity on, or pt can no longer fight NM in open area with no walls. It's a TAD slower to erase everybody when they are knocked back.

I personally don't see amnesia become removable worth the target/recast/mp nerf. There's only very few NM with amnesia, but I use pre nerf esuna way more often than that. Without it my na speed will decrease a ton. I wouldn't even bother bringing whm to dyna anymore, since I rely on it for aoe gravity/dia way too often and casting the spell 3 times to erase everything or having to use JA just isn't fast enough.
[+]
 Asura.Meliorah
Server: Asura
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-05-10 11:35:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Timing an erase after the knockback isn't hard at all and what I've been doing on my white mage this entire time. Esuna will still be niche for certain mobs that like to throw debuff spaghetti at a single target, hi albumen.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-05-10 11:47:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotta love how they say the merited spells are a bad idea, but don't touch the merited spells at all in the RDM update.
[+]
By Afania 2019-05-10 11:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Meliorah said: »
Timing an erase after the knockback

Before knockback, not after.

Of course you can erase people after they are knocked back but it's too slow, nevermind the risk of people got knockback to different direction and missed erase. Pre esuna nerf you can erase entire group of DD before knockback animation even happen. It's much faster to land erase before knockback than after.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-05-10 12:02:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Gotta love how they say the merited spells are a bad idea, but don't touch the merited spells at all in the RDM update.

I think this is a prequel for them to circle around to RDM and later BLM. When they did the last RDM buff they said they weren't done and were looking to change spells later on. WHM's merited spells would likely be the simplest one they could undo and observe the consequences of doing it before moving that onto other jobs.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-05-10 12:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not too overconfident about it, but I too am hoping they will remove spells from tier2 merit categories, for all jobs.
Having all those spells available on RDM and NIN would be so nice!
Oh and BRD too, damn I'd love it so much to be able to use the Enmity+/- songs on BRD without having to sacrifice NiTro
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-05-10 12:34:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I do hope you're right. Was one level of insult to have to "unlock" these spells via merits to begin with, and a whole other level of hatred to tie their potency to extra merits, meaning gimping your options in order to just have 2 of them be functional.

It's long overdue to fix for multiple jobs as y'all point out.
[+]
 Shiva.Ariaum
Server: Shiva
user: Ariaum
By Shiva.Ariaum 2019-05-10 12:51:22
Link | Quote | Reply

So recap: Shellra nerfed. Esuna nerfed, and mp cost prohibitive not AoEable. Esuna might be usable is some odd niche. Relic feet enhance Afflatus Solace (merit ability?) more stoneskin...?
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-05-10 12:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
So recap: Shellra nerfed. Esuna nerfed, and mp cost prohibitive not AoEable. Esuna might be usable is some odd niche. Relic feet enhance Afflatus Solace (merit ability?) more stoneskin...?

How was shellra nerfed? According to the patch notes the new version's base potency is the same as the previous max potency. In addition, all the lower level versions of the spells have been buffed.

Quote:
SE Wrote: The default values for these spells are equivalent to having 5 merit points in the appropriate category and being equipped with the Protectra V/Shellra V effect increasing augment of the Piety Attire.
[+]
 Shiva.Ariaum
By Shiva.Ariaum 2019-05-10 13:01:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It is the same as 5/5 shell, but the legs no longer give enhance shell.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-05-10 13:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
How was shellra nerfed? According to the patch notes the new version's base potency is the same as the previous max potency. In addition, lower level versions of the spells have been buffed.

He's trolling you, there are a few going around trolling everyone this way. Protectra V seems to not be giving the +25 bonus from the feet and so the assumption is that Shellra V wouldn't be getting it's JSE bonus as well. This is likely a bug from recoding the spell effects to be separate from the merits.

It's why I said this

Asura.Saevel said: »
WHM's merited spells would likely be the simplest one they could undo and observe the consequences of doing it before moving that onto other jobs.

Recoding those spells in the ancient spaghetti language that is FFXI is bound to have problems. They will work through them and get it all fixed eventually.

This is a bug and not a "nerf" because the effect is unintentional, SE plainly didn't intend to AF bonus to not be present.
[+]
By Aerix 2019-05-10 13:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
I do hope you're right. Was one level of insult to have to "unlock" these spells via merits to begin with, and a whole other level of hatred to tie their potency to extra merits, meaning gimping your options in order to just have 2 of them be functional.

It's long overdue to fix for multiple jobs as y'all point out.

To be honest, while it would be very nice for SE to add new merit options for RDM, BLM, NIN, BRD and possibly SMN, it's very difficult to imagine them adding 2-4 new JA/JT-related alternatives for each job. They haven't exactly gone all out with some job adjustments so far, even though those jobs needed more.
 Shiva.Ariaum
By Shiva.Ariaum 2019-05-10 13:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

More just a lack of faith after years of experience than a troll.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-10 13:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

lol did they nerf unity? 10 hours after the update and you can zone without being locked out, what?
By Tarage 2019-05-10 13:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Do we have any idea what the hell the new temp KIs are for?
By clearlyamule 2019-05-10 13:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
lol did they nerf unity? 10 hours after the update and you can zone without being locked out, what?
huh? Locked out of what
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-10 14:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
huh? Locked out of what

Assura joke. No they didn't change it, I just got to zone without being told max capacity for once.
VIP
By Lili 2019-05-10 14:08:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Tarage said: »
Do we have any idea what the hell the new temp KIs are for?

There's an incoming event involving Molboros, and there's two new molboro styled pieces of equipment. It's probably related to that.
 Sylph.Ticktick
Server: Sylph
user: mofat
By Sylph.Ticktick 2019-05-10 17:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Oh wow, amnesia cured by esuna. They actually went with my idea for once. Nice one. Glad they recognized how annoying that ailment was

Pure DD pov and thanks for giving them idea to nerf whm lol. Only those who doesn't play non yagrush whm in serious content will think it's a good idea by any means and SE clearly doesn't play their game again.

2) now single target.

Let's say, we are doing dynamis bastok and NM has aoe knockback/gravity move. Pre esuna nerf WHM can cast misery esuna as soon as they see red lines from NM. Esuna will land before knockback animation happens so all the DD that got knock back will got gravity erased before they move out of range, then they can run back and melee again. Even if that move did not get used you only waste 24mp anyways.

Post nerf this technique can no longer be used. You have to use yagrush or accession erase and even then I'm not sure erase(3 sec cast time) can be fired off faster than esuna(1 sec cast time) to be able to land before knockback animation start. There's a risk of wasting an accession charge if NM doesn't use that move too.

Next dyna bastok we'll see armies of DD yell for erase in pt chat when they are knocked back with gravity on, or pt can no longer fight NM in open area with no walls. It's a TAD slower to erase everybody when they are knocked back.

I personally don't see amnesia become removable worth the target/recast/mp nerf. There's only very few NM with amnesia, but I use pre nerf esuna way more often than that. Without it my na speed will decrease a ton. I wouldn't even bother bringing whm to dyna anymore, since I rely on it for aoe gravity/dia way too often and casting the spell 3 times to erase everything or having to use JA just isn't fast enough.

people still don't know you can negate gravity by locking on and running spirals rather than directly towards or away?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-10 17:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

"Tool" makes you immune to gravity. and bind.

Modern problems. Modern Solutions.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-05-10 19:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ticktick said: »
Afania said: »

2) now single target.

people still don't know you can negate gravity by locking on and running spirals rather than directly towards or away?
It's useless in a lot of situations + you need a wall to exploit this properly.

"Tool" makes you immune to gravity. and bind.

Modern problems. Modern Solutions.
"Help, I can't get up between TP moves, I need something so I can get up and get out of range right away." - How to be a shitter 101©
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-05-10 19:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

The trolls are out in force today, good grief.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2019-05-10 19:48:24
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
huh? Locked out of what

Assura joke. No they didn't change it, I just got to zone without being told max capacity for once.
First server problems
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7