Vet. So You Want To PUG.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Vet. So you want to PUG.
Vet. So you want to PUG.
By fonewear 2019-04-08 10:56:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Nah bro, I chose Leviathan. We got a tight little community over here where people are (mostly) respectful, the ambuscade queue never goes deeper than 15 at worst and usually I'd around 1 or 2, we get ***done and we're small small enough to where reputation means something.

I feel sorry for those who get relegated to Asura and the like. Just one in the crowd. And your replies only solidify my opinion on that.

I don't know I don't see people rushing to go to Leviathan.

Yes there are more *** on Asura but it is better than being stuck waiting for a LS event to actually do something.
 Asura.Chaostaru
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-04-08 11:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Gippali said: »
Asura.Chaostaru said: »
Vet = geared decent(doesnt have to be rema) and 100% knows wtf theyre doing.
Rema = have a rema.
imo

Ill shout for vets based on my interpretation above.

Veteran whm "Can I have it" is simply a auto translate for "Know your motherfucking job, no noobs" which is quite different from Rema Whm "Can i have it"

Nothing wrong with it.

Annnnndddd this right here is why this thread is hilariously dumb. The guy that had an AG masa had to ask how hasso/AF+3 hands worked, now explaining what “vet” means. People that ask for vets in shouts are morons and should be treated as such.

Asked how it works? lol no. I asked why them over substantial multiattack. a valid question seeing as the su3+1 are situational already.

annnnnnnnndddd you cant even debate the topic maturely and reply with nothing relevant. if you cant understand wanting a player that knows how to play his job, over a 1month old noob whm then you should just /quitlife.
By eliroo 2019-04-08 11:03:58
Link | Quote | Reply

the minute I see a shout asking for "vets", the first thing I think is "wow, how nice of them to welcome back our retired Navy,Army, Air Force, and Marines after defending our country!"

I always think they need help with their dog or something.
[+]
By Afania 2019-04-08 11:28:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chaostaru said: »
if you cant understand wanting a player that knows how to play his job, over a 1month old noob whm then you should just /quitlife.

We understand, that doesn't mean we agree it's a fair way to pick players.
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
Server: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2019-04-08 11:40:34
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Nah bro, I chose Leviathan. We got a tight little community over here where people are (mostly) respectful, the ambuscade queue never goes deeper than 15 at worst and usually I'd around 1 or 2, we get ***done and we're small small enough to where reputation means something.

I feel sorry for those who get relegated to Asura and the like. Just one in the crowd. And your replies only solidify my opinion on that.

I don't know I don't see people rushing to go to Leviathan.

Yes there are more *** on Asura but it is better than being stuck waiting for a LS event to actually do something.

We get plenty of stuff done here, not sure why this is even a thing. I mean we have consistently been knocking content out forever. Example hey let's melee the *** out of Odin for the master trial just because we can. I think I probably have over 40 Aeonics just in helping folks do runs. I never lose sight of why I play and that's to help others. Which for some reason a lot of people here that's hard to comprehend. At the end of the day we all have our reasons of how and why you play and I certainly can't or won't try and force my ideals on anyone.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-04-08 12:02:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Every single thread turns into Asura bad herp derp.

I'm not saying this server is good or bad. But it's the same topic over and over.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-04-08 12:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

mhomho said: »
I chose Leviathan

Keep telling yourself that :]

maybe calling you son over bro was a better choice, again based on your responses.

Yes believe it or not some of us prefer a small tight knit community server over the massive shoutfest/mercfest of Asura and the like. I can walk around towns and do shouts for pickup ambuscades/etc and know the person that I'm inviting without "vetting" them because I've often seen them in action, and often have had conversations with them so I can even know if they're a douche or a decent person.

My gaming time is very full between only 4-5 nights/week of scheduled LS events lasting around 2 hrs each, the rest being built on either pickup groups, ls groups augmented by one or two pickups, or solo time. I've never had to pay for a clear or piece of gear, yet am quite well geared and have experienced most that this game has to offer. That melee Odin Master Trial that Nitenichi mentioned above? Yeah, crazy fun and relatively spur of the moment, and we're planning more for other members of our shell who would like the win...or believe it or not, just want to do the fight because its hella fun.

The only complaint that most small server people have about their small communities is the Auction House, not the population. If you're reading this thread, read that sentence again: we like our small populations, zero wait times, not having to fight for a pop in Reisenjima, lack of shout spams, all that. Hell, the most shout spams you'll see is when I run a server wide game of "name that tune" where I give out stacks of Alex as prizes- I'm sure that probably pisses some people on Leviathan off, but its a lot better than constant competing shouts from merc groups or those seeking merc groups. We're just a little frustrated by an Auction House that isn't as well stocked as yours- that I'll definitely give you.

Just because you like the higher population and all the pros/cons that come with it doesn't mean every player on FFXI does.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-04-08 12:27:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
That melee Odin Master Trial that Nitenichi mentioned above? Yeah, crazy fun and relatively spur of the moment, and we're planning more for other members of our shell who would like the win...or believe it or not, just want to do the fight because its hella fun

And that's the reason I do master trials as well. I love doing all of them as many times as possible, except Iroha... I beat her once, but she sucks *** and isn't that fun. Unafraid is by far my favourite tbh.

IMO, Master Trials are by far the best content ever, i love them
[+]
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2019-04-08 12:28:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not saying this server is good or bad. But it's the same topic over and over.

You're right on that, but they have like 4 threads everyday about some dumb *** ;(
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-04-08 12:34:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I invite people based on their Ballista chevron.

Gold is auto invite, Silver you must have beaten me in 1v1 before, Bronze gets you blacklisted.

People who never did Ballista have to pay a tax.
By mhomho 2019-04-08 12:54:16
Link | Quote | Reply

The only complaint that most small server people have about their small communities is the Auction House

So your only complaint is the smaller economy which comes naturally with a smaller server. lol

Some people like the game to feel alive. Some of us like seeing the world full and alive regardless of what might live there. That's part of the excitement. It's like picking to live in the city instead of the suburbs or country.

Competition breeds strength. I'd rather be a small fish in an ocean than a big fish starving in their cramped pond.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2019-04-08 12:59:09
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By fonewear 2019-04-08 13:10:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Nitenichi said: »

You're right on that, but they have like 4 threads everyday about some dumb *** ;(

Don't worry someone is going to post a thread how veterans helped save FFXI.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-08 13:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

If you cant enjoy failure, play a different game. No content in this game requires rema, yet you see people demand rema for ***like vol 2 ambu VE.
By fonewear 2019-04-08 13:20:38
Link | Quote | Reply

We proud few veterans who had to walk to Jeuno in the freezing rain. We didn't have home point warps. We were hardcore. We are the true veterans. We helped make FFXI great. Veterans unite !
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-04-08 13:25:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
If you cant enjoy failure, play a different game. No content in this game requires rema, yet you see people demand rema for ***like vol 2 ambu VE.

Master trials requires rema... Don't talk ***about my favourite content for anyone who says they're irrelevant! I love them.
By fonewear 2019-04-08 13:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea FFXI needs more glowing weapons. I can't even talk to someone unless they have a glowing weapon.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-04-08 13:29:17
Link | Quote | Reply

i'd sell my soul to get another 5 Master trials... not even joking. I was disappointed with how *** Iroha was, but now i need moar
[+]
By fonewear 2019-04-08 13:30:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea FFXI needs more cosmetic weapons I can't get enough glowing level one daggers.

Who needs new content when I can walk around with a glowing blue sword.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2019-04-08 22:43:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Jdove said: »
Leviathan.Andret said: »
I think anyone with cap JP can be called a "vet" on that job. It doesn't mean much but at least you cap out all the stats compare to some guy with 100JP.
considering how many people master their jobs with easy farm and buy gil job points dont mean a damn thing on how a person can play a job 2100 job points dont make you a vet nor does gear, knowing how the job works and what everything does on it makes you a vet if you have to look at another person on the same job as you to know what to do then start copying what the other person is doing without knowing in the 1st place then you suck there is no counter argument to this what they mean by vet is that they are hoping the person knows what to do its a way of attempting to weed out the gimps not a good way mind you
PUNC.TU.A.TION
[+]
By volkom 2019-04-08 22:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Nadleeh Sakurai said: »
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-09 08:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiraj said: »
Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »

Master trials requires rema... Don't talk ***about my favourite content for anyone who says they're irrelevant! I love them.

*Nothing* requires rema. By design. Even back in the day when people were bitching AV eas stupidly hard to kill, se released a video of them killing AV in full relic armor, non rema weapons and minimal gearswaps to shut the playerbase up.
By eliroo 2019-04-09 08:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm fairly certain there is a bulk of content that you can't do without at least one person having a REMA.

I look forward to seeing an 18 man alliance smash Wave 3 Windurst without a single REMA among them.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-09 09:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
I'm fairly certain there is a bulk of content that you can't do without at least one person having a REMA.

I look forward to seeing an 18 man alliance smash Wave 3 Windurst without a single REMA among them.

Theres nothing in the game that requires it. The only job pretty much required to have a rema is pld, because pld cant really function without aegis, and thats on SE. But people prefer RUN anyway.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-04-09 09:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

There are pretty valid alternatives to REMA weapons, granted some of those have pretty comparable prices in the end, but I digress.

I'd be more surprised to see a group of non REMA DDs smash through Wave 3 without REMA support jobs.
Leaving COR aside (because defining it "just" a support job would simplistic) we're left with GEO and BRD.
Now GEO I guess... with the +2 neck, uh, that's close enough to Idris probably.

BRD without any RMEA though, good luck with that.
Still technically possible if we want to look at the realm of possibility, but the difference would be pretty noticeable, to the point of not making such run particularly realistic I'd say.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-09 09:31:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Non REMA brd is still at least 3 songs. Idr if theres a +2 song non rema. Thats still good enough.
By eliroo 2019-04-09 09:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Non REMA bard has 3 songs with a +3 linos and no honor march.

All of the hard endgame content revolves around people having REMAs. It is designed that way and SE has made it easier and easier to get remas. A few months ago (Before ambuscade weapons) you'd be talking nonsense for most jobs. At least now several DPS have a solid option for weapons.

Stop pretending this game is how it was 10 years ago. A lot of people have a REMA, they are incredibly easy to get now and almost all endgame content asks for it.

One thing I can agree with is that no content requires R15 of any REMA.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-09 09:50:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing, literally nothing, is designed around REMA. Unless you want to claim SE is somehow the worst possible dev team in the world, since you never want to balance around top tier play and gear in an MMO/cooperative game. Not only does that ruin power fantasy, it makes bis mandatory, which is never a good decision.
By eliroo 2019-04-09 10:01:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had pretty dumb arguments and this one is competing. You aren't even replying with any sort of substance, just kind of yelling in the air like you want you believe what you are saying.

You have yet to provide proof of a Dynamis Wave 3 clear devoid of any REMAS or even present a plausible solution to that encounter without any REMAs.

Also MMO games often design some content around having the best / better gear I don't know what you are smoking. FFXIV literally designs encounters assuming you have the highest ilvl possible.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-09 10:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Highest ilvl =/= bis. No game designs around bis gear, unless theres no gear to begin with. Its not a thing game designers do, because it removes any point of there even being differing gears.

Solution to doing dyna wave 3 without rema? Yeah, simply dont use a rema. It will take longer, but its not like it somehow becomes impossible. Cor being absurd with aeonic doesnt somehow mean cor aeonic is the only way to do content.