Vet. So You Want To PUG.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Vet. So you want to PUG.
Vet. So you want to PUG.
 Asura.Shiraj
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-04-10 11:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

You do realise World's first Iroha got way too lucky. they had Soul voice songs for 30 minutes straight, beat it with 3 seconds remaining.

The only group that I know of to have beaten adds without as much luck is Hiep's.

And for RDM heal, RDM is a good healer yes, but without Curaga 3 and 4 I would never see it being able to keep up to the demands of Iroha if you aren't playing as defensive as you should be with MDef roll/M.eva roll. From the tank's PoV, even though I was spamming Panacea to help my WHM out, it still felt really overwhelming in terms of how many debuffs i was getting and the aoe spam

But semi back on topic, I honestly don't think Iroha is doable without rema. Aeonics, Tumult Curator definitely are doable without any rema. Also Black and White and Unafraid of the Dark are ofc doable without rema. Sealed Fate is as well, I just have serious doubt about Iroha tbh.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-04-10 11:49:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, these posts just read as you wanting it to be harder than it is to pad your own ego. Sure, luck was involved in the world first, but it was still the world first. You keep adding more qualifications every post and getting off topic.

Maybe it needs REMA, maybe it doesn't. You're just speculating and you obviously know enough to know you could be wrong. An entirely different strategy could even come to light. Things change on a dime in XI.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-04-10 11:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Honestly, these posts just read as you wanting it to be harder than it is to pad your own ego. Sure, luck was involved in the world first, but it was still the world first. You keep adding more qualifications every post and getting off topic.

Maybe it needs REMA, maybe it doesn't. You're just speculating and you obviously know enough to know you could be wrong. An entirely different strategy could even come to light. Things change on a dime in XI.

I don't want it to sound like that, but maybe I had a bad experience with that fight and it is easier than I and anyone realises, who knows.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-04-10 12:00:14
Link | Quote | Reply

First it's 'you need REMA r.15 etc to land sleep'.

Then, it's 'you cant get enough accuracy'.

Then, 'not enough healing'.

There are always options to change around. It's extremely shortsighted to say it can't be done without REMA, because you just plain haven't tried everything(if you've even tried anything besides copying the first winners' strats).

The reality is that most people with the attention span and knowledge to do it without REMA would have REMA anyway. It's an argument that can't be won because a group/strategy being incapable does not mean every group/strategy is incapable.

The argument was in the context of vetting PUG groups, which certainly aren't doing Iroha at this point in time. You just used it as a stage to babble about master trials and pretend FFXI is a difficult game.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-04-10 12:27:26
Link | Quote | Reply

All this arguing over a level one cosmetic weapon that glows...
By fonewear 2019-04-10 12:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Elite status achieved might as well quit FFXI:

By eliroo 2019-04-10 12:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

There are always options to change around. It's extremely shortsighted to say it can't be done without REMA, because you just plain haven't tried everything

No one is going to try because no one is stupid enough too.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-10 12:37:41
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
There are always options to change around. It's extremely shortsighted to say it can't be done without REMA, because you just plain haven't tried everything

No one is going to try because no one is stupid enough too.

It's stupid to do at all. You may as well have fun with it.

It would be more fun to do minimalist than to take the best everything.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2019-04-10 13:33:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Also a side note, if you bring a Rdm to Iroha you lose out on another DD or Cor. A RDM will never be able to main heal Iroha. That alone is physically impossible due to the demands of it. Any WHMs who have beaten Iroha will all agree that Iroha is probably the hardest thing ever to WHM for and no way any other job could do it.
The last time I beat Iroha was with a RDM instead of WHM, before the RDM update. It's not hard to keep people alive if you have EA/Scherzo.
[+]
By Afania 2019-04-10 17:51:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiraj said: »
And for RDM heal, RDM is a good healer yes, but without Curaga 3 and 4 I would never see it being able to keep up

I have main healed 6 man pt that "requires" curaga 3+, the key is to make brd and geo heal too and each target 1 frontline with strong single cures. Just because most people never bother to try main healing on rdm, doesnt mean it cant be done with a bit more organizations.

I agree with Comeatmebro anyways. You havent even tried, you just assume its impossible because you find it difficult when you beat it. Gears gets updated all the time and strategy gets tweaked. There are always better way to do something with tweaks in strategy.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-04-10 20:07:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I agree with Comeatmebro anyways. You havent even tried, you just assume its impossible because you find it difficult when you beat it. Gears gets updated all the time and strategy gets tweaked. There are always better way to do something with tweaks in strategy.

Who said I haven't tried it? It took me many tries and strategies to actually do it, I tried many set ups, different things. I never even used the same set up as world's first to beat it.
I never found Iroha "difficult" to beat, i found it more *** rather than difficult. Obviously there was room for improvement, it was months ago when little information was known about it. Still to this date there is little information on it, most of which I, myself have edited from testing so many times.
By fonewear 2019-04-10 20:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I find this thread difficult to understand...so in order to be elite I have to have at least 25 REMA weapons ?
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-04-10 20:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

just be like 50% of Asura, paypal = rema. ez clap. elite right there
[+]
By fonewear 2019-04-10 20:43:16
Link | Quote | Reply

just be like 50% of Asura, paypal = rema. ez clap. elite right there

I made a Nirvana am I elite yet ? I heard only summoners can be elite.
By Shichishito 2019-04-10 21:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
I made a Nirvana am I elite yet ? I heard only summoners can be elite.

no need for Nirvana, that profile pic is all you need to lift you in the ranks of eleet.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-04-10 22:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Who said I haven't tried it? It took me many tries and strategies to actually do it, I tried many set ups, different things. I never even used the same set up as world's first to beat it.
I never found Iroha "difficult" to beat, i found it more *** rather than difficult. Obviously there was room for improvement, it was months ago when little information was known about it. Still to this date there is little information on it, most of which I, myself have edited from testing so many times.

do you multibox six (not uncommon, I know a couple good people who do that and more), or do you have the Asura syndrome?

Leviathan.Nitenichi said: »
We get plenty of stuff done here, not sure why this is even a thing. I mean we have consistently been knocking content out forever. Example hey let's melee the *** out of Odin for the master trial just because we can. I think I probably have over 40 Aeonics just in helping folks do runs. I never lose sight of why I play and that's to help others. Which for some reason a lot of people here that's hard to comprehend. At the end of the day we all have our reasons of how and why you play and I certainly can't or won't try and force my ideals on anyone.

And people question when I said I "choose" Leviathan.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-04-10 22:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

do you multibox six (not uncommon, I know a couple good people who do that and more), or do you have the Asura syndrome?

Leviathan.Nitenichi said: »
We get plenty of stuff done here, not sure why this is even a thing. I mean we have consistently been knocking content out forever. Example hey let's melee the *** out of Odin for the master trial just because we can. I think I probably have over 40 Aeonics just in helping folks do runs. I never lose sight of why I play and that's to help others. Which for some reason a lot of people here that's hard to comprehend. At the end of the day we all have our reasons of how and why you play and I certainly can't or won't try and force my ideals on anyone.

And people question when I said I "choose" Leviathan.

No, I wish I could multi box, but I can't. But the reason I said 1st person perspective so much was cos I never had 1 set group, I was always the one going with different people trying different stuff, till I went and settled with Bigtymer/Azzriel and went with their strategy.

But the main answer is no, I know there is some amazing people who do multibox stuff really well, people like Comeatmebro, Dakrone, Deathdance. All Multibox really well from what i've heard and saw.
By Foxfire 2019-04-10 23:49:24
Link | Quote | Reply

weren't you the guy who argued for like five pages about nagi
and your only argument dismissing people's claims against nagi was
"you don't have one so you can't talk about it"?
By Afania 2019-04-11 07:26:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

I mean you claimed rdm can't main heal then another guy claimed they had success with rdm main heal. That's conflicting testimonial.

There are countless ways to beat something. Just because you have experimented different strategy, doesn't mean you've used every combination of jobs and playstyle available in game. So we are just saying you jump into "this is impossible" conclusion too fast.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-04-11 07:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with you yeah. I probably did jump to conclusion to fast, like i said, it might have been a bad experience for me when i was doing it since i was doing it with so many different groups not playing with a designated group of people for a while, and some people aren't as good as others which would have affected what i thought was doable.
[+]