Forum » FFXI » General » March 2019 Version Update
March 2019 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 20 21 22
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Kyte 2019-03-12 17:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

and god help you if you want a finished staff, bow, or grip!
[+]
By Marootsoobootsu 2019-03-12 17:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Alexcennah said: »
Marootsoobootsu said: »
Siren.Kyte said: »
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Just in case anyone missed it:

The type of Pulse Weapon does not matter. You need one Pulse Weapon to upgrade one Ambuscade Weapon to its final stage. You do NOT need the same type of weapon to upgrade. Any pulse weapon will suffice; one per upgrade.

Hey, this is a great post. Maybe... can you answer a question for me? I want to upgrade an Ambuscade weapon, but don't have the pulse weapon for the weapon I want to upgrade. Do I have to go farm a sword to get the sword?

The answer is in your quote.

Right, right. And I get that, but I haven't been able to find the answer anywhere. Do I need to farm a sword to get the sword?
Nope, you need to farm BOTH Ephemeron and Sagasinger. And if Gorpa is in a bad mood, he'll request Borealis too.

Makes sense to me. Thanks!
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
Server: Bahamut
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2019-03-12 17:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

You're welcome.
By soralin 2019-03-12 17:53:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
It doesn't make vw relevant again, it never stopped being relevant. at no point ever since inception has anyone stopped wanting empyrean weapons.

The pulse weapon drop rate is obscene. I would know, I have them all except one.

It is a literally impossible request to expect anyone that joined in the last year to have or even be willing to get one from vw. They simply don't have enough stones to likely get one.

The drop rate is the problem (it's always been the only real problem with vw /tangent). it doesn't take skill to get one. It doesn't even take patience. It's pure 100% luck. And that's unacceptable.

it's impossible to grind. it's impossible to earn. It's strictly luck based. (and you're an idiot if you pay 50m for the cells ffs)

As has been mentioned before.

You can solo one by farming up 25,000 merits, which is 333 trips to the goblin.

Considering 2 Ambuscade VD V1 Sealed runs and 333 trips to Emporox gets you a weapon comparable to weapons that cost like 200 million gil to make...

Thats incredibly reasonable.

Like, you people remember when relics took an entire linkshell a year to farm 1 up for their members?

And now a casual player can probably farm one up solo in like... a month?

Hell, 17K hallmarks isn't even that hard to solo either. You could probably solo the entire damn weapon in like 1.5 months without ANY friends to help you.

Thats some crazy power creep there.
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-03-12 18:00:09
Link | Quote | Reply

So, about Lycurgos's TP Bonus based on current HP stat. Testing could off by 1-2 seconds because I used timestamp instead of a stopwatch.

Testing with Armor Break (180/360/540 second duration at 1000/2000/3000 TP):

786/1768 HP, 1000 TP: 180 seconds (+0 TP)
1768/1768 HP, 1000 TP: 228 seconds (~+267 TP)
3808/3808 HP, 1000 TP: 305 seconds (~+694 TP)
5373/5373 HP, 1000 TP: 360 seconds (+1000 TP)
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-12 18:34:42
Link | Quote | Reply

The same 1% they always were, except now people feel compelled to go do it, whereas they weren't before.
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
54 lances out of 3514 or less kills with TH8 or less from this. That would put it at 1.54%

soralin said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
VW
Stuff that isn't about VW
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-12 18:36:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
So, about Lycurgos's TP Bonus based on current HP stat. Testing could off by 1-2 seconds because I used timestamp instead of a stopwatch.

Testing with Armor Break (180/360/540 second duration at 1000/2000/3000 TP):

786/1768 HP, 1000 TP: 180 seconds (+0 TP)
1768/1768 HP, 1000 TP: 228 seconds (~+267 TP)
3808/3808 HP, 1000 TP: 305 seconds (~+694 TP)
5373/5373 HP, 1000 TP: 360 seconds (+1000 TP)

How did you test the hp, with ratri/drain3?
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-03-12 18:40:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I used Ratri (minus head to keep from going over 1000 tp) for the 3808, and Drain III for the 5373.
[+]
 Asura.Karumac
user: Karuma
By Asura.Karumac 2019-03-12 18:43:23
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Seems Zi Tah is busy - what rates are weapons dropping at?
Strictly anecdotal: We got two lances in about an hour, just 2SMN,PLD,GEO,THF,COR hanging out.

We even had a Wrathhare jump on us once. The only time I died (was PLD).

Edit: We were hunting the whale.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-12 18:51:16
Link | Quote | Reply

How many whales did you kill?
[+]
 Asura.Karumac
user: Karuma
By Asura.Karumac 2019-03-12 19:04:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
How many whales did you kill?
I dunno. Enough for two lances?
[+]
By Sidiov 2019-03-12 20:10:07
Link | Quote | Reply

The type of Pulse Weapon does not matter. You need one Pulse Weapon to upgrade one Ambuscade Weapon to its final stage. You do NOT need the same type of weapon to upgrade. Any pulse weapon will suffice; one per upgrade.

Hey, this is a great post. Maybe... can you answer a question for me? I want to upgrade an Ambuscade weapon, but don't have the pulse weapon for the weapon I want to upgrade. Do I have to go farm a sword to get the sword?

Right, right. And I get that, but I haven't been able to find the answer anywhere. Do I need to farm a sword to get the sword?
Nope, you need to farm BOTH Ephemeron and Sagasinger. And if Gorpa is in a bad mood, he'll request Borealis too.

Thread of the year. But question: do I need to farm a sword to get a sword?
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-03-12 20:11:11
Link | Quote | Reply

no.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-03-12 20:45:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sidiov said: »

[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2019-03-12 21:14:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to agree with you except... what's the power good for? So a recently returned player can put in some serious hours to get a really decent weapon. Does that actually change anything about anything?
By soralin 2019-03-12 21:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
I want to agree with you except... what's the power good for? So a recently returned player can put in some serious hours to get a really decent weapon. Does that actually change anything about anything?

It lowers the entry bar for new players to be able to join their friends in doing end game?

Power creep isn't necessarily a bad thing!
[+]
By Marootsoobootsu 2019-03-12 22:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Sidiov said: »

Yes. And, it turns out, you need to already have the sword to get the other swords to drop.
[+]
By Aerix 2019-03-13 00:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

The people suggesting the merit route are forgetting that in the time it takes to farm 25k merits (60-90ish hours or more if they don't already have a good cleaving job) you could just as easily farm up the gil required to make an AG REMA. These new weapons (aside from Kaja) are hardly more accessible for new players unless you get lucky with VW, Geas Fete or AMAN.
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
Server: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-03-13 03:16:15
Link | Quote | Reply

After checking Simon's test on Tauren, a closer look at [Shining One] description of AM suggests an exponential growth rate to critical hits.

Disclaimer: you're free to correct, modify and/or suggest other scenarios, these are my personal thoughts.

In order to find the growth rate, a simple test using only the lance without any critical hit rate equipments, buffs or traits, and only using regain roll:
A. a sample of 500-1k Impulse Drives at 1K TP, without using moonshade earring, will be enough to check the rate of critical hits using the auto-attack On/Off post WS.
B. a sample of 500-1k Impulse Drives at 3K TP, will be enough to check the rate of critical hits using the auto-attack On/Off post WS.
C. can repeat any scenario to check Jumps instead of hits to confirm if they gain the AM as well.
D. AM should stop after any WS aside from ID [lets say you did Drakesbane after Impulse Drive], in theory the rate of critical hits should be added to the WS Calculation, and it can be easily checked.

Random Thought:
If SE was too laid back, they might use 50% critical rate at 3k Impulse Drive, making r:
50=(1+r)^3
3.68=1+r
r=2.68

Therefore, at 3k we get 50% critical rate, at 2k we get 13.5% critical rate and lastly at 1.3k we get 5.44% critical rate.
White DMG and Jumps should be interesting with this AM, personally, I would just use jumps for this short window of AM, unless I'm strictly spamming ID.
Its possible to cap critical hit rate of 100% during AM3 with this set and a Rouge Roll:

ItemSet 365568
Cape with critical rate
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-03-13 03:35:40
Link | Quote | Reply

They should've allowed to trade AEONIC weapons instead of Pulse ones.
Takes less time to farm an Aeonic than a Pulse Weapon hahaha
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-03-13 05:14:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Shining One is confirmed to force crit on Impulse Drive. It's totally broken beating all REMA on WAR, SAM and DRG and beating every other DD that cant use it by miles too. Knowing how fast SE patch things, we have at least 3 months of nothing but Impulse drive and this 3 jobs dominance. *** great....
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2019-03-13 05:27:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Price of the DRG Handshards/Voids is about to go into orbit.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-03-13 05:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

That defeats the purpose of critical rate based off TP used then... for now.
Lets enjoy it while it lasts~
Also, if it gets patched, starting at 3k would give 100% critical instead of the proposed 50% based off Tauren's findings making r=3.64

Therefore, at 3k we get 100% critical rate, at 2k we get 21.5% critical rate and lastly at 1.3k we get 7.35% critical rate.

Bug Related:
Its also possible that AMs overwrite each other now making a 3K Impulse Drive force critical on all subsequent Impulse Drives irrespective to TP consumed.
By SimonSes 2019-03-13 05:40:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Katriina said: »
Also, if it gets patched, starting at 3k would give 100% critical instead of the proposed 50% based off Tauren's findings making r=3.64

Therefore, at 3k we get 100% critical rate, at 2k we get 21.5% critical rate and lastly at 1.3k we get 7.35% critical rate.

Bug Related:
Its also possible that AMs overwrite each other now making a 3K Impulse Drive force critical on all subsequent Impulse Drives irrespective to TP consumed.

I doubt there is even any AM. Who said there was an AM? From how I read it, it's an effect on WS and only on WS.
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-03-13 05:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Has there been testing to see if this applies to other weapon skills as well? Could this force Star Diver to crit or Drakes and would that be better than impulse?
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-03-13 05:53:11
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

Bug Related:

I doubt there is even any AM. Who said there was an AM? From how I read it, it's an effect on WS and only on WS.

It started in DRG Forum:[I also read it as AM btw]
lolDRG, not anymore!
By SimonSes 2019-03-13 05:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Meliorah said: »
Has there been testing to see if this applies to other weapon skills as well? Could this force Star Diver to crit or Drakes and would that be better than impulse?

Drakes can crit on its own and without 50% bonus from mythic its ***anyway.

Stardiver will lose to boosted Impulse Drive.
By SimonSes 2019-03-13 06:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

It started in DRG Forum:[I also read it as AM btw]
lolDRG, not anymore!

Its all guesses based on description and you kinda took it as fact. Imo ther eis no AM. Its effect on WS.

Same as sword has

Weapon Skill: Attack Bonus based on the number of upgrades

which is effect on WS

or GKT
"Auto-Attack": Converts Store TP to Multi Strikes

which is effect only on auto

or H2H
"Auto-Attack": "Store TP"+50 gained when landing critical hits

which is also probably only on Autos

AM was a guess by few people, because force a crit on non crit WS was hard to believe, but its true, so those guesses were just wrong.
 Bismarck.Feanorsof
Server: Bismarck
user: Feanorsof
By Bismarck.Feanorsof 2019-03-13 06:12:03
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Shining One is confirmed to force crit on Impulse Drive. It's totally broken beating all REMA on WAR, SAM and DRG and beating every other DD that cant use it by miles too. Knowing how fast SE patch things, we have at least 3 months of nothing but Impulse drive and this 3 jobs dominance. *** great....

Taking your other posts into account I’m assuming you have the numbers to share?

F5ing at work...
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 20 21 22