Forum » FFXI » General » March 2019 Version Update
March 2019 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 20 21 22
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-11 11:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Who knows, perhaps next month's Login Campaign will have pulse cells for sale for 2000 LP. In that case, it might not be so bad if you mule up. These things always have a rhyme and reason eventually in the SE world (mules = money).
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-03-11 11:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

likard said: »
My brother and I have farmed NNI tons on every past campaign and never seen any pulse weapons. So take that at face value for our personal anecdote. Granted, you will get tokens towards a mythic and probably make a good chunk of change from alexandrite, so not a bad way to go.

Zitah NMs have 1 Nm reporting a 2.5% drop rate. I would assume (dangerously) that all 3 are the same rate. A good party of 6 can probably clear 10+ kills an hour with no issues. And their pop requirement is pretty lenient.

Meebles is faster with the Rhapsody KI that makes it 10 minutes, but still takes 30-50 minutes per popset for the same drop rate as zitah nms. Which you could kill way more of per hour than meebles rank 5 bosses.

Legion is kind of crap too. You have to build your ki by clearing all of the other halls first all for a 1% chance of seeing a drop. Legion is also not very solo friendly and can still wreck i119 players with instant death moves and aggro from across the zone.

TLDR, my money would be on zitah bosses for pulse weapons if you can farm more than 5 kills an hour. And assuming the 2.5% reported on ffxidb is accurate for all 3 nms.
It's definitely not 2.5% for Zi'tah T3s. All three are closer to 0.5%-1%.

Still MUCH higher than VW, though.
By likard 2019-03-11 11:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

You can purchase meeble KI for the researcher emeritus boss, but not the rank 5 bosses. You have to rebuild your popset every time.

As for zitah mobs, all I have to go by is
http://ffxidb.com/zones/288/fleetstalker
which say 2.6% from a small data set (39).
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-03-11 12:02:47
Link | Quote | Reply

39 is far too small a sample size to be reliable when you except something ot have roughly a 1% drop rate.
 Asura.Finbar
user: Finbar
By Asura.Finbar 2019-03-11 12:02:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I forgot about the four trophies for Mul; edited my post.

Also, it's been a while since I farmed Zi'tah tier 3, but I multi-boxed Eschan Stone a ways back and I remember it being pretty damn fast with just my BLU and GEO.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2019-03-11 12:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

As someone whos speed killed a few hundred fleetstalkers (SCH distortion -> leaden blows it up easy)
The droprate on zitah pulse items with a THF main in party is easily 1 in 200+ , youre gonna be doing it for quite a few hours.

Please dont meebles for weapons, i used to have a static for meebles when it was relevant content, its worse than voidwatch pulse farming.

cells are easy sales at 5-6m and i personally think its a fair price to charge considering the time youre gonna burn getting a weapon from a voidwatch pop
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-03-11 12:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Annealed Lance is very close to 1%. I've sold 50,000 beads about 45 times, it takes ~270 kills, and I generally get 2 to 3 annealed lances per run(my popper is THF and tags with bio in TH8 gear but doesn't melee, if you care about that sort of thing, it's botted so they are all tagged every time). While this is eyeballed data and I would not say with confidence that it's 1.00%, it's a sample of over 10,000 kills and is certainly not lower than 0.70% or higher than 1.50%. I would not be surprised if it is 1% on the nose.

Wish I had saved some of them, had it on all of my mains but tossed them a few months back figuring they didn't have any real use besides lockstyle.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-03-11 12:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Here, some hard data. Threw my logs for the last few months(I cleared them when I upgraded my SSD, so I don't have them all the way back) through notepad++:

Absolute worst case, 54/3514 with TH8. Realistically, probably 50 of them were killed for aeonics without TH, and some may even have been other people's kills. Note that I only parsed one character's logs so I don't have duplicates, and the drop text would only appear on my kills, so it's only possibly biased against droprate not in favor of.

Thus, I can conclusively say I got 54 lances out of 3514 or less kills with TH8 or less from this. That would put it at 1.54% in that sample(to get an exact droprate you'd need a lot more data and to avoid the negative bias).
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-03-11 12:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Any clue where the new cooking dagger comes from?
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2019-03-11 12:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Any clue where the new cooking dagger comes from?

Thought I saw info on it being crafted a few pages back maybe?
 Asura.Bertoli
user: gario1
By Asura.Bertoli 2019-03-11 12:53:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone posted earlier.. looks to be smithing around level 24. Willow Lumber and Iron Ingot I think.
By soralin 2019-03-11 12:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont forget you can just farm 25,000 merit points fir pulse weapons from emporox.

Which is a bit over 333 turn ins.

Its not awful and even casual players can do it.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-03-11 13:01:10
Link | Quote | Reply

25000 merit points is like 60 hours if you cap in 10 min, 30 if you cap in 5. That is absolutely awful, in 60 hours you can make an entire mythic.

A solid party of 3 could farm 2-3 lances each in 30 hours.

(I also don't think 25-50m is unfair for the cells, given a lot of people will want these weapons. But, if you aren't trying to drop gil, zitah T3 seems to clearly be the best option.)
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2019-03-11 13:02:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Dont forget you can just farm 25,000 merit points fir pulse weapons from emporox.

Which is a bit over 333 turn ins.

Its not awful and even casual players can do it.

50 hours+ of mind-numbingly mundane *** isn't awful?
[+]
By Afania 2019-03-11 13:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
25000 merit points is like 60 hours if you cap in 10 min, 30 if you cap in 5.

Is it possible to cap merit in less time in a party? Say a pt of 4, 2 do mega pull, 2 cleave.

If you can lower the time to capping merit in 2-3 min then it would be equal to farm 3 lances for everybody in zitah.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-03-11 13:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

unless you have been habitually dumping your merits to the goblin for the last couple years... then its kinda easy.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2019-03-11 13:10:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really, and I think 5 minutes is overly optimistic unless you just have some droogs waiting with ***to kill every time you get within exp range. And god help you if there's competition.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-03-11 13:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Asura.Walpurgisnacht said: »
Do not buy Cells off the AH, someone bought all of them asap and put them up for a lot more (I guess).

Too late sir. The idiots are already out in full force...

Lol what a Nubyaan. Don't go paying stupid prices for these .. the fall is coming. Give it a week at least.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-11 13:39:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
cells are easy sales at 5-6m and i personally think its a fair price to charge considering the time youre gonna burn getting a weapon from a voidwatch pop

I think 5~6m is a fair price since you only need one of them per weapon, it's the 10~50m some people are charging that's ridiculous.
By likard 2019-03-11 13:41:00
Link | Quote | Reply

"5 Pulse Cells in exchange for the corresponding Pulse weapon/armor"
By Afania 2019-03-11 13:42:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Asura.Walpurgisnacht said: »
Do not buy Cells off the AH, someone bought all of them asap and put them up for a lot more (I guess).

Too late sir. The idiots are already out in full force...

Lol what a Nubyaan. Don't go paying stupid prices for these .. the fall is coming. Give it a week at least.

Its not going to fall that fast unless VW campaign is up. These are some of the best weapons in game for some jobs and farming zitah with a group takes 30+ hr according to comeatmebro.

There are merc that can make 5-10m per hour, some trio box and make 20m per dyna. paying 50m is just the matter of farming for 5-10hr for them. So buying cells would be a faster choice.

Until all the rich people that can make 5m/hr easy are "done" with ambu weapons I dont see price would drop. And thats going to take 6 month to an year or so.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-03-11 13:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

When you put these weapons next to relics, they don't look too shabby. I wouldn't say 25m is unfair, wouldn't even say 50 is unfair. Going to the AH and buying pulse cells is by far the laziest/most impatient approach, you can certainly get a better deal buying people's NNI pool drops or you can farm them yourself.

Quote:
farming zitah with a group takes 30+ hr according to comeatmebro.
That's a rough estimate for 3 people to get 2-3 weapons each. If you go with a larger group or only want a single weapon each, it's much less.
By Afania 2019-03-11 13:48:04
Link | Quote | Reply

When you put these weapons next to relics, they don't look too shabby. I wouldn't say 25m is unfair, wouldn't even say 50 is unfair. Going to the AH and buying pulse cells is by far the laziest/most impatient approach, you can certainly get a better deal buying people's NNI pool drops or you can farm them yourself.

Quote:
farming zitah with a group takes 30+ hr according to comeatmebro.
That's a rough estimate for 3 people to get 2-3 weapons each. If you go with a larger group or only want a single weapon each, it's much less.

Yeah, if you dont have a mule you will need to farm one for everyone that go with you. So its still 30hr of work since I only calculate time required for single character and use it as a base.

Although I may try to solo it later and hopefully I can get same kill speed as 3 pereon by myself so I dont have to split.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-03-11 13:52:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding you, you're misunderstanding me, or both. 3 chars should be able to do about 20 kills per hour if you have a solid setup. If droprate is 1.54% like my sample, then you need about 3 hrs and 15 min to farm 1 weapon, or 9 hours 45 minutes to farm each person one weapon.

30 hours would get you about 9 weapons(2-3 each person, since not confident on exact droprate), I only used that number to illustrate how much more you can get done in same timeframe doing zitah instead of merits.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2019-03-11 13:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Note when getting pulse weapons using cells, you have to have obtained the title of the NMs where their respective weapons come from (If you already had before, then you're set). And you also need to have the respective VW tier pop KIs to even be able to obtain their titles.
By Afania 2019-03-11 13:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding you, you're misunderstanding me, or both. 3 chars should be able to do about 20 kills per hour if you have a solid setup. If droprate is 1.54% like my sample, then you need about 3 hrs and 15 min to farm 1 weapon, or 9 hours 45 minutes to farm each person one weapon.

30 hours would get you about 9 weapons(2-3 each person, since not confident on exact droprate), I only used that number to illustrate how much more you can get done in same timeframe doing zitah instead of merits.

I see, thanks for the numbers, I guess I misunderstand you in this case.

9hr in a 3 man group isnt too bad. I wonder if its possible to kill 100 NM for 1 lance in 3-4hr solo on cor with leaden 3 steps.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-03-11 13:58:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I would suspect so, you'd spend more time running back and forth but probably overall save time. Most top player can probably solo these pretty easily, but just about everyone can manage with a small group.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-03-11 13:59:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Biggest problem with doing it solo is that you have to go back for a new KI every single kill, which is extremely annoying.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2019-03-11 14:01:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Biggest problem with doing it solo is that you have to go back for a new KI every single kill, which is extremely annoying.

With 3 people the pt probably has to run back and forth same amount of time for everyones drops, unless the other 2 person help for free I think.

I also think its best to get KI for all NM instead of just 1, so a pt of 3 can kill 9 nm total each KI trade.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 20 21 22