March 2019 Version Update

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » March 2019 Version Update
March 2019 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 20 21 22
Offline
Posts: 1280
By ScaevolaBahamut 2019-03-12 12:12:19
Link | Quote | Reply
 
SimonSes said: »
Ok so Tauret:

Sample size 100
+45-50% critical hit rate at 0TP

Sample size 300
+0-5% critical hit rate at 3000TP


Sample size 50
+13% critical hit rate on Evisecration between 1030 and 1200TP

Conclusion for now:
1. It doesn't snapshot critical hit rate bonus after TP is taken for WS, because then it would be close to +45% on Evisceration
2. 13% at ~1100TP would suggest that it might have a really big drop from that 50% at 0TP. It might not be lineral or it might drop to 0% a lot sooner than 3000TP. There is also slim chance that this +13% was only a result of small sample size and Tauret bonus doesn't work for WS at all, but I doubt that
3. It doesn't work for ranged attacks

Stupid question, but just to be clear: it's only active when Tauret is in the main hand, right?
Offline
Posts: 1315
By SimonSes 2019-03-12 12:53:52
Link | Quote | Reply
 
yes
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Offline
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
Posts: 3283
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-03-12 14:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Isszo said: »
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Did several NNI tonight with over 20 +2 boxes and just as many +1 weapons. Small sample size I know, but no pulse. Best I got was some Pinga Pants, nq Unity weapons and two T4 znm pops. Rest was npc trash.
I got a pulse from a +1 weapon, so NM farming might be a good strategy.

Thanks for this, although it seems the rate is still very low. So it's not as good as other methods, although if you're doing NNI anyways (like for ZNM pops) you can target NMs and hope.
[+]
 Asura.Cloudblade
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 71
By Asura.Cloudblade 2019-03-12 15:08:34
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I had been hoping people wouldn't do NNI so it wouldn't be clogged up with people. It is my favorite content, and is annoying when people are spamming it. That said, pulse weapons tend to be about <0.25-0.5% drop from +1 items of weapons (sample size of thousands for me). +1 swords can drop GK and swords, polearms are staff/polearm/scythe, daggers are katana/dagger, etc.

I have never seen a pulse weapon drop outside its category. Your odds would still be better in VW due to how much faster that content is.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 342
By sefalon 2019-03-12 15:53:16
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Only have pulse GS so that mean I have to use on GS? I seen questions asked but nobody answered. I am hoping I can use for sword.?
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Offline
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Funkworkz
Posts: 685
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2019-03-12 15:55:30
Link | Quote | Reply
 
sefalon said: »
Only have pulse GS so that mean I have to use on GS? I seen questions asked but nobody answered. I am hoping I can use for sword.?

I wrote the following on the first page

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
From the DATs: “The specific weapon type is of no consequence, but one Pulse Panoplia is required in order to complete one weapon. Therefore, I need you to get a Pulse Panoplia for us.≺Prompt≻

Only need one Pulse weapon, not the same one.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Offline
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
Posts: 5209
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-12 15:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply
 
damnit funk, beaten lol xD
 Cerberus.Kylos
Offline
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
Posts: 3283
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-03-12 16:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Just in case anyone missed it:

The type of Pulse Weapon does not matter. You need one Pulse Weapon to upgrade one Ambuscade Weapon to its final stage. You do NOT need the same type of weapon to upgrade. Any pulse weapon will suffice; one per upgrade.
[+]
 Sylph.Snk
Offline
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: SNK
Posts: 92
By Sylph.Snk 2019-03-12 16:22:24
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Been reading a lot of ragey upset comments from some people in my linkshell kicking themselves in the balls for not keeping their old pulse weapons.

I guess this was the devs way of not 100% flooding the server with these weapons.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Offline
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
Posts: 3283
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-03-12 16:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Sylph.Snk said: »
Been reading a lot of ragey upset comments from some people in my linkshell kicking themselves in the balls for not keeping their old pulse weapons.

I guess this was the devs way of not 100% flooding the server with these weapons.

I might be in the minority here, but I really like what SE did here. It makes Voidwatch somewhat relevant again, outside of typical heavy metal farming. Also gives us something else to farm for, if we don't need the weapons. For years I've said they should be doing more with old content, and here we are.

The only people who are upset are those who want (need) everything the first day after an update. If it were too easy, they'd still complain. I only have one Pulse myself on a mule, but am in no rush to spam Ambu to use it. Probably gonna' wait for a voidwatch campaign and get another then. More incentive to do stuff? Awesome.
 Asura.Eiryl
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-12 16:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply
 
It doesn't make vw relevant again, it never stopped being relevant. at no point ever since inception has anyone stopped wanting empyrean weapons.

The pulse weapon drop rate is obscene. I would know, I have them all except one.

It is a literally impossible request to expect anyone that joined in the last year to have or even be willing to get one from vw. They simply don't have enough stones to likely get one.

The drop rate is the problem (it's always been the only real problem with vw /tangent). it doesn't take skill to get one. It doesn't even take patience. It's pure 100% luck. And that's unacceptable.

it's impossible to grind. it's impossible to earn. It's strictly luck based. (and you're an idiot if you pay 50m for the cells ffs)
[+]
 Sylph.Banhammer
Offline
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Malphius
Posts: 51
By Sylph.Banhammer 2019-03-12 16:50:13
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Pulse weapons drop pretty frequently from NNI campaigns. I don't see what all the rage is about.
Offline
Posts: 88
By Marootsoobootsu 2019-03-12 16:50:55
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Just in case anyone missed it:

The type of Pulse Weapon does not matter. You need one Pulse Weapon to upgrade one Ambuscade Weapon to its final stage. You do NOT need the same type of weapon to upgrade. Any pulse weapon will suffice; one per upgrade.

Hey, this is a great post. Maybe... can you answer a question for me? I want to upgrade an Ambuscade weapon, but don't have the pulse weapon for the weapon I want to upgrade. Do I have to go farm a sword to get the sword?
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
Offline
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Siviard
Posts: 1153
By Shiva.Siviard 2019-03-12 16:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I got lucky and had 2 pulse weapons on a same account mule. Both of them I got from the Goblin Box.

However, I did get a Router from AMAN Trove on my main and pitched it. /kickself
 Siren.Kyte
Offline
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
Posts: 2951
By Siren.Kyte 2019-03-12 16:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Marootsoobootsu said: »
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Just in case anyone missed it:

The type of Pulse Weapon does not matter. You need one Pulse Weapon to upgrade one Ambuscade Weapon to its final stage. You do NOT need the same type of weapon to upgrade. Any pulse weapon will suffice; one per upgrade.

Hey, this is a great post. Maybe... can you answer a question for me? I want to upgrade an Ambuscade weapon, but don't have the pulse weapon for the weapon I want to upgrade. Do I have to go farm a sword to get the sword?

The answer is in your quote.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-12 16:59:34
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I can't wait till +3 armor and you have to trade in an omen body or tard plate.

Everyone will just be cool with that sense you can get them for free right.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Offline
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Trebold
Posts: 3266
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2019-03-12 17:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Shiva.Siviard said: »
I got lucky and had 2 pulse weapons on a same account mule. Both of them I got from the Goblin Box.

However, I did get a Router from AMAN Trove on my main and pitched it. /kickself

Why ditch Router? It's already the best non-RMEA Gaxe
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
Posts: 5813
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-03-12 17:03:02
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Eiryl said: »
it's impossible to grind. it's impossible to earn. It's strictly luck based. (

Any 3 characters that are recently updated can farm a glow out of zitah in under 5 hours. It isn't impossible to grind or earn the requirement, you just don't do it in voidwatch.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Offline
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Anza
Posts: 2190
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-03-12 17:03:17
Link | Quote | Reply
 
FWIW, got a pulse weapon (Murasamemaru) from SP dial today. 1/31 on dial+keys since update.

Obviously not a massive rate or statistically significant sample so far, but it would not surprise me to see a decent increase in pulse weapons this month from dial, due to stealth changes to dial "drop" rate for that category of items (as we've seen in previous months for Divergence shard/void items, for instance). Maybe something like 1%-5% range, instead of the "normal" fraction of 1%.

Certainly COULD have just been well timed luck, but given that I've had many many hundreds of SP dial opens in the past and only ever seen 1 or 2 pulse weapons that way before... it's interesting to suddenly see another one right away after the most recent update after speculating it might be a way .

Gonna continue opening SP dial with mules this month and see if the data shows anything interesting, would also be nice to see if others are having any luck with dial.
Offline
Posts: 1479
By geigei 2019-03-12 17:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply
 
You're being way optimistic with 1%.
 Asura.Eiryl
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-12 17:06:12
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
it's impossible to grind. it's impossible to earn. It's strictly luck based. (

Any 3 characters that are recently updated can farm a glow out of zitah in under 5 hours. It isn't impossible to grind or earn the requirement, you just don't do it in voidwatch.

I was answering kylos, about voidwatch.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
The best way is probably spamming Zitah Tier 3
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
Posts: 5813
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-03-12 17:09:21
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Sorry, I was wrong. Thought it was your usual attitude toward new things and didn't read, totally my bad.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Offline
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Trebold
Posts: 3266
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2019-03-12 17:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply
 
What is it, 334 full merit turnins? Ideally farmed in Reisenjima for quick turn in time.
 Shiva.Siviard
Offline
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Siviard
Posts: 1153
By Shiva.Siviard 2019-03-12 17:10:33
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
Shiva.Siviard said: »
I got lucky and had 2 pulse weapons on a same account mule. Both of them I got from the Goblin Box.

However, I did get a Router from AMAN Trove on my main and pitched it. /kickself

Why ditch Router? It's already the best non-RMEA Gaxe

Didn't realize what it was until too late.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Offline
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Anza
Posts: 2190
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-03-12 17:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply
 
geigei said: »
You're being way optimistic with 1%.

How do you know this on the second day after update? That's kinda WHY I'm saying it in a public forum, to see if others can provide additional data.

A temporary bump to 1-2% wouldn't surprise me at all, given what we've seen in the past (e.g., temporary ~5% drop rate on Divergence upgrade items when they were new and very expensive). I totally agree that the standard drop rate from dial is well under 1% though.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 88
By Marootsoobootsu 2019-03-12 17:14:11
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Siren.Kyte said: »
Marootsoobootsu said: »
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Just in case anyone missed it:

The type of Pulse Weapon does not matter. You need one Pulse Weapon to upgrade one Ambuscade Weapon to its final stage. You do NOT need the same type of weapon to upgrade. Any pulse weapon will suffice; one per upgrade.

Hey, this is a great post. Maybe... can you answer a question for me? I want to upgrade an Ambuscade weapon, but don't have the pulse weapon for the weapon I want to upgrade. Do I have to go farm a sword to get the sword?

The answer is in your quote.

Right, right. And I get that, but I haven't been able to find the answer anywhere. Do I need to farm a sword to get the sword?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-12 17:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply
 
They arent going to ninja change pulse drop/obtain rates from keys. They want you to struggle.
Offline
Posts: 1479
By geigei 2019-03-12 17:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Cause update have nothing to do pulse weapons droping from keys, there are thousands of items in the pool and all have same % to drop.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Offline
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Anza
Posts: 2190
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-03-12 17:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply
 
geigei said: »
Cause update have nothing to do pulse weapons droping from keys, there are thousands of items in the pool and all have same % to drop.

That's not consistent with the past stealth monthly changes to SP dial.

They had a period when Divergence was new that voids/shards were dropping from dial at a massively increased rate. There was a month when I kept seeing lots of SCNM pop items (that I've almost never seen in other months). It seems they DO make unannounced adjustments for particular item types, wouldn't be shocking if they did that for the current item of interest during this month's dial campaign...
[+]
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
Offline
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: digoserra
Posts: 250
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2019-03-12 17:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Marootsoobootsu said: »
Siren.Kyte said: »
Marootsoobootsu said: »
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Just in case anyone missed it:

The type of Pulse Weapon does not matter. You need one Pulse Weapon to upgrade one Ambuscade Weapon to its final stage. You do NOT need the same type of weapon to upgrade. Any pulse weapon will suffice; one per upgrade.

Hey, this is a great post. Maybe... can you answer a question for me? I want to upgrade an Ambuscade weapon, but don't have the pulse weapon for the weapon I want to upgrade. Do I have to go farm a sword to get the sword?

The answer is in your quote.

Right, right. And I get that, but I haven't been able to find the answer anywhere. Do I need to farm a sword to get the sword?
Nope, you need to farm BOTH Ephemeron and Sagasinger. And if Gorpa is in a bad mood, he'll request Borealis too.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 20 21 22
Log in to post.