First Page 2 3 4 5
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-10-13 03:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Been doing some VD tonight.

PLD, THF, GEO, COR, BRD, WHM

THF/COR/BRD were all /nin, not sure how absolutely necessary since GEO and WHM didn't have shadows and survived fine. Only dangerous move seemed to be the Croc move that seems to only be under 25%, so maybe just hybrid set below 25%

Used barrier/frailty/chaos/samurai/honor/minne/scherzo/march.

Seemed to have varying damage taken, Rudra's was going from 18k to 38k at times, leveled up at least once when Rudra's SC'd with a savage.

We killed BLM > DRK > Mega > PLD. Didn't notice any real issues killing the DRK and it impacting the boss. Only reason we didn't kill the PLD too is the Invincible spam, lol.

Edit: Just did it as THF/RUN, 12min clear, no death. But don't think it even used the Croc move, so yeah. May just need proper defensive buffs.
 Asura.Aikoneko
user: maeko91
By Asura.Aikoneko 2018-10-13 04:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

To add on to that, as the WHM I sat in a PDT set the entire fight. Tossed up Blink/Stoneskin when able to. Para/Slow/Dia on the adds and boss. Kept Aquaveil on myself since I stood in range for barrier from the GEO.

With ballad 3 from the bard there was 0 mana issues even with running Raetic +1 fulltime for cures in a full PDT idle set. Could probably get away with a hybrid set for extra M.eva to avoid the debuff spell spam they do, though it rarely landed on me.

Barstone/Baramnesia for the party to negate slow and amnesia. Had a RDM toss haste 2 on the party outside. COR used Naturalists roll which gave us 14 minute haste 2s which lasted the duration of our runs.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-10-13 05:22:46
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Are you killing boss or PLDs first Lady?

BLM > DRK > Mega > PLD. PLD spams invincible, too annoying to kill first, and not dangerous by any means either.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Boogs
Server: Cerberus
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-10-13 11:27:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Been doing some VD tonight.

PLD, THF, GEO, COR, BRD, WHM

THF/COR/BRD were all /nin, not sure how absolutely necessary since GEO and WHM didn't have shadows and survived fine. Only dangerous move seemed to be the Croc move that seems to only be under 25%, so maybe just hybrid set below 25%

Used barrier/frailty/chaos/samurai/honor/minne/scherzo/march.

Seemed to have varying damage taken, Rudra's was going from 18k to 38k at times, leveled up at least once when Rudra's SC'd with a savage.

We killed BLM > DRK > Mega > PLD. Didn't notice any real issues killing the DRK and it impacting the boss. Only reason we didn't kill the PLD too is the Invincible spam, lol.

Edit: Just did it as THF/RUN, 12min clear, no death. But don't think it even used the Croc move, so yeah. May just need proper defensive buffs.

Makes me wonder if this month is a slow and steady month for wins. Instead of going in and buffing offensively to the hilt, maybe the key to winning is moderate damage and extra defense.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2018-10-13 11:36:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems like it. Small anecdote, but I went in with an LS mate who was on GEO. Did Cross Reaper a couple times for 45~47K and still saw lvl up animation. it's possible the threshold for boss level up is 45K?
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
Server: Ragnarok
user: ikariiiii
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2018-10-13 11:59:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
Seems like it. Small anecdote, but I went in with an LS mate who was on GEO. Did Cross Reaper a couple times for 45~47K and still saw lvl up animation. it's possible the threshold for boss level up is 45K?

No, I believe the resulting skillchain damage (even if it shows 0 due to killing BLM) is whats pushing you over the 50k threshold.

Post deleted by User.
By BlaTheTaru 2018-10-13 12:47:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Did it a few times on VD yesterday with friends. Went Run War Whm Cor Brd Geo. Pretty sure the buffs were honor victory blade madrigal and minuet 5 sam chaos both 11s and barrier/fury but i don't remember the entrust. I was the war. I used Chango. Opened with full break and weapon break then just spammed upheaval.

We went slow and steady on the first one. Tbe brd and cor both put in solid DPS subbing nin. I subbed sam on war. Minimal debuffs landed and I stayed in my hybrid set the entire fight. Only the cor died the first round.

Second fight the Run said to zerg so be SV and bolstered. I used MS and went all out. Took about 10 minutes.

Third fight we went all out again but without any SP. That one went really smoothly and clear time was under 10 minutes.

Tried it later with 3 song bard on VD and struggled with damage output.
By Sieve 2018-10-13 13:30:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been logging my experiences on reddit. It seems that I'm too concerned with not lvling up the boss.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/9ngng7/ambuscade_v1_october_2018/
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-13 13:56:11
Link | Quote | Reply

First of all lolreddit.

Second on normal it doesn't matter what you do or how you do it. You can take 5 dragoons dual wielding swords.

Third asura is bad, this ones gonna be the most miserable for shout, no matter what.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-10-13 16:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
If you're not sleeping them and you don't have a really good tank that can keep hate on all 3 mobs then they are dangerous/annoying ☹️

I don't know what you're talking about. I said we kill 2 of the adds before the boss, you leave just one add up that isn't dangerous and usually isn't hard for a tank to also keep hate on. No one is saying you burn boss first and leave all 3 adds to run around.

Post deleted by User.
By chads 2018-10-13 18:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Can confirm success with PUP set up on D. Honestly, not sure if it would be possible on VD without at least 1 OD reset and double use and all 5 PUPs being incredibly well geared and competent. Even then, it may be cutting it very close.

OD Arcu and Daze were doing anywhere between 14-16k with Xiucoatl only rank 10. Non OD WS numbers were pretty low (peaking at like 6k if that) but was more than to kill all the adds in roughly 10 minutes.

COR also assisted in DPS on mobs w/ Quick Draw and Leaden/WF (not sure which he was using tbh) which helped push things along.

Not optimal but it's nice to see PUP setups find success 2 months in a row. It's no Poroggo but they can't all be. Good alternative for anyone w/o optimal jobs for optimal set ups like myself.
[+]
 Asura.Limpbiz
By Asura.Limpbiz 2018-10-13 19:14:25
Link | Quote | Reply

You don’t have to /nin on vd. We been running Sam/war, cor/dnc, brd/whm, run/blu, and geo/whm, 6th buyer. Just use barrier, frail, and entrust wilt. Haste and acc songs, no fury or atk songs to keep ya below 50k, brd and geo cure. No sleeping needed, everyone crowd the mobs for curagas. Blm>boss>drk>pld. Doing it in roughly 6-8min.
By Pantafernando 2018-10-13 19:37:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I did a D run with smn and honestly i dont think the BG info about this one match what i saw in the battle.

Despite my BPs barely reaching over 15k, he still used Noblesse Oblige x3 during the fight.

I burned all 3 adds at start. Still it didnt automatically trigger Noblesse. The second Noblesse just came a lot later in the fight, and at a moment my dmg was already pretty low.

One Crocastrophe after 3 levels up ended my run, and its an instant move, no reading time. He reads then use. Idk the range i was at 17'+ and still i got the dmg.

Another thing i noticed was how often he uses Sovereign's Edict during the fight. Another thing i noticed is how long its the reading time of both Sovereigns Edict and Noblesse Oblige. It takes 5 secs between the reading and the use. Also, mob is susceptible to stun (volt strike didnt stun the mob but a /BLM stun managed to land one). If stunning the move prevents the level up, you can probably avoid any level up.
By Pantafernando 2018-10-13 19:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Plus, battlemod needs to update the moves. All velkks moves are reading as "special attack". For me, at least

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Boogs
Server: Cerberus
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-10-13 21:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

If anyone is willing to test on VD, does not silencing the BLM help at all in terms of it not using TP moves? Or does it use TP moves regardless of silence status?

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2018-10-13 22:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

If you don't silence it, it'll just keep nuking while Manafont is up, which will kind of reduce its frequency of TP moves.
 Odin.Willster
Server: Odin
user: tallica
By Odin.Willster 2018-10-13 23:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there some mechanic other than leveling it up that causes the main to do more damage? When he gets lower hp, his tp move does 1100+ dmg to people in range, sometimes up to 2300. And that's with barrier, two minnes, and sherzo.
Seeing people say they have a lot less defensive buffs and having zero trouble seems odd to me.
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2018-10-14 00:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Happens with barrier/wilt rarely. I just lock in defending ring and loricate torque to be safe. Having pdt-10 on cape also helps nicely as well.
 Asura.Zart
user: zart
By Asura.Zart 2018-10-14 00:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

How much range is their on the bosses Aoe on Difficult?
By Sockfoot 2018-10-14 19:41:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Got hit @ just over 22' so longer than that
 Valefor.Maurauc
Server: Valefor
user: Maurauc
By Valefor.Maurauc 2018-10-15 15:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm fairly sure the damage threshold is 40k to trigger level up. Seen multiple 40k+ chains that level up, after the BLM is dead.

I'm talking 13k WS > 27K SC type deal, not 40k WS + extra.
 Ragnarok.Neyochimaru
user: Neyochi
By Ragnarok.Neyochimaru 2018-10-15 15:37:57
Link | Quote | Reply

AoE is 30. i put my puppet on to tank, then run him back out past 30 and never have issues. whenever i *** up and hit like 27-28, i get flattened by it almost.