Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 70 71 72 ... 121 122 123
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-05-27 11:48:18
Link | Quote | Reply

not gonna hit those numbers without some assistance- likely Acumen/Malaise, possibly even Wizard's Roll.

I've seen such numbers in Dyna-D on wave3 boss (if there's no WHM or COR when adds pop, I will swap from Leaden to Aeolian) because in that situation buffs are set up to make it work. If you are in a large enough Omen group to either bring two GEOs and dedicate one to magical buffs/debuffs, or just have your one GEO focus on that during appropriate times, then its quite possible.

A couple gear suggestions: When you finish them, I'd swap feet for Relic+3...so much WSD and MAB on those they're damn near impossible to beat. I'd also build a herc helm with MAB/WSD over the Malignance Chap. Otherwise, definitely a solid set heading the right direction.
By tyalangan 2020-05-27 11:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

tyalangan said: »
but with BoG Malaise, indi-acumen, boost int, and Wizard's roll I was maxing out at 6500~ with 3000TP on Omen fodder.
I understand where I can upgrade

I did two additional tests to make sure my GEO had hate for malaise to work on the fodder (sleepga two twice)
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-05-27 12:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

but with BoG Malaise, indi-acumen, boost int, and Wizard's roll I was maxing out at 6500~ with 3000TP on Omen fodder.
I understand where I can upgrade

wait- you were only hitting 6500 dmg per target? With those bubbles??? What dagger are you using? That seems extremely low with the gear you posted.

I'd suggest Tauret/Blurred+1 for an Aeolian build. With the gear you posted and that dagger setup you should be easily crossing 14k at least, and then swapping to relic+3 feet and a solidly augmented herc helm should push it to around 18k+.
By tyalangan 2020-05-27 12:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I used Tauret/Naegling. Sorry forgot to post the most important two pieces (main/sub).
By Wotasu 2020-05-27 12:08:00
Link | Quote | Reply

lhova said: »
Hello all, I’m trying to figure out how is Skrymir +1 belt is better than Orpheus sash for Aeolian edge for dream tier? In Dyna D I saw a massive dps increase with sash.

Interesting, as I was just looking this up yesterday. I went with Orpheus as it makes no sense why it wouldn't be best.

But I have another question in regards to Aeolian. I have seen screenshots/videos/streams of characters hitting 25k+ aoe damage in Omen with AE. Now, I don't have the best gear yet by any means but with BoG Malaise, indi-acumen, boost int, and Wizard's roll I was maxing out at 6500~ with 3000TP on Omen fodder.
Code
Malignance Chapeau: DEX40,INT25
Baetyl Pendant: MAB13
Moonshade Earring (worthless at 3000tp)
Friomisi Earring: MAB10
Laksa. Frac +2: DEX34,INT28,WSD5
Meg. Gloves +2: DEX50,INT11,WSD7
Dingir Ring: MAB10
Shiva Ring +1: INT9,MAB3
Camulus's Mantle: AGI25,MAC20/MD20,WSD10
Orpheus's Sash
Herculean Trousers: INT29,MAC20,MAB33
Herculean Boots:DEX36,MAB10,MAC10,WSD4 

I understand my gear isn't top-notch and I understand where I can upgrade but there is nothing I could do in gear that would increase my damage 3 fold that I can think of. What am I missing or misunderstanding?

It's all about Mab & Wsdmg, Raw dex/int w/o Mab is little help.
I havent tested what dmg this set do but it's enough.
Code
Ammo="Living Bullet",(Magic Accuracy+25 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+35 )
head={ name="Herculean Helm", augments={'Mag. Acc.+15 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+15','Weapon skill damage +4%','INT+1','Mag. Acc.+11','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+14',}},
body={ name="Lanun Frac +3", augments={'Enhances "Loaded Deck" effect',}}, (61MAB)
hands={ name="Carmine Fin. Ga. +1", augments={'Rng.Atk.+20','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+12','"Store TP"+6',}}, (42MAB)
legs={ name="Herculean Trousers", augments={'Weapon Skill Acc.+13','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+21','"Treasure Hunter"+1','Mag. Acc.+18 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+18',}},
feet={ name="Lanun Bottes +3", augments={'Enhances "Wild Card" effect',}}, ((55Mab 10WSDMG)
neck="Comm. Charm +2",
waist="Eschan Stone",
left_ear="Ishvara Earring",
right_ear="Friomisi Earring",
left_ring="Dingir Ring",
right_ring="Epaminondas's Ring",
back={ name="Camulus's Mantle", augments={'AGI+20','Mag. Acc+20 /Mag. Dmg.+20','AGI+10','Weapon skill damage +10%',}},}
 Cpu
By Cpu 2020-05-27 12:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Wotasu said: »
Code
back={ name="Camulus's Mantle", augments={'AGI+20','Mag. Acc+20 /Mag. Dmg.+20','AGI+10','Weapon skill damage +10%',}},}
Why AGI on the back instead of INT?
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-05-27 12:52:36
Link | Quote | Reply

That’s what he has made already, int would do better if you have one made just for this.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-05-27 13:23:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Eightball said: »
That’s what he has made already, int would do better if you have one made just for this.

yeah its prob his WF/Leaden Cape that was already made. I know I've got a metric *** of capes on COR already, not sure if I wanna add yet another for an Aeolian-specific cape.
By lhova 2020-05-27 13:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

So no one had the reason for Stryker +1 being BIS over Orpheus sash for AE? Because I don’t believe that to be the case at all.
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-05-27 13:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

So no one had the reason for Stryker +1 being BIS over Orpheus sash for AE? Because I don’t believe that to be the case at all.

It shouldn't be... must have been a mistake when I updated that set.
[+]
By Wotasu 2020-05-27 16:24:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Cpu said: »
Wotasu said: »
Code
Why AGI on the back instead of INT?
Yes inventory issues mostly.
By tyalangan 2020-05-28 14:59:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I had Aeolian Edge spelled wrong in my WS set -.-;
[+]
By Korgull 2020-05-28 16:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I had Aeolian Edge spelled wrong in my WS set -.-;
Lmao
By zixxer 2020-05-29 21:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello all, I’m trying to figure out how is Skrymir +1 belt is better than Orpheus sash for Aeolian edge for dream tier? In Dyna D I saw a massive dps increase with sash.

Interesting, as I was just looking this up yesterday. I went with Orpheus as it makes no sense why it wouldn't be best.

But I have another question in regards to Aeolian. I have seen screenshots/videos/streams of characters hitting 25k+ aoe damage in Omen with AE. Now, I don't have the best gear yet by any means but with BoG Malaise, indi-acumen, boost int, and Wizard's roll I was maxing out at 6500~ with 3000TP on Omen fodder.
Code
Tauret/Naegling
Malignance Chapeau: DEX40,INT25
Baetyl Pendant: MAB13
Moonshade Earring (worthless at 3000tp)
Friomisi Earring: MAB10
Laksa. Frac +2: DEX34,INT28,WSD5
Meg. Gloves +2: DEX50,INT11,WSD7
Dingir Ring: MAB10
Shiva Ring +1: INT9,MAB3
Camulus's Mantle: AGI25,MAC20/MD20,WSD10
Orpheus's Sash
Herculean Trousers: INT29,MAC20,MAB33
Herculean Boots:DEX36,MAB10,MAC10,WSD4 

I understand my gear isn't top-notch and I understand where I can upgrade but there is nothing I could do in gear that would increase my damage 3 fold that I can think of. What am I missing or misunderstanding?

Use ataktos for ranged.
 Asura.Laboob
Server: Asura
user: Laboob
By Asura.Laboob 2020-06-06 19:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

So I've been trying to put together a midcast /ra set with subtle blow. Having trouble capping SB1.

This is meant for fights like sealed fate - as I want to be able to shoot Ultima for TP instead of relying solely on tacticians for leadening Omega.

Any ideas on how this set can be improved?

Mainhand is Path B, off hand is to compensate somewhat for the loss of r.acc in rings and neck.

Thanks!

ItemSet 373577
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-06-06 19:22:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Laboob said: »
So I've been trying to put together a midcast /ra set with subtle blow. Having trouble capping SB1.

This is meant for fights like sealed fate - as I want to be able to shoot Ultima for TP instead of relying solely on tacticians for leadening Omega.

Mainhand is Path B, off hand is to compensate somewhat for the loss of r.acc in rings and neck.

Thanks!

ItemSet 373577
Dignitary's Earring. and done.
Cor/nin gets 15 Subtle Blow so only need +35 in gear. +20 from rings, +10/11 from head, +5 from Dignitary's. That's 50 cap.
[+]
By Afania 2020-06-06 20:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks!

ItemSet 373577

Cor can cap /ra SB with any SJ.

ItemSet 372379

Peiste Belt +1 is sb+10 in one slot.
[+]
By Korgull 2020-06-06 22:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Laboob, i don't want to derail your question, but if you want to beat Sealed Fate, try the MNK/RDM strat, its' really really easy.
By Draylo 2020-06-06 23:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Korgull said: »
Laboob, i don't want to derail your question, but if you want to beat Sealed Fate, try the MNK/RDM strat, its' really really easy.

Imagine that, lol
By Korgull 2020-06-07 00:16:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It's old news
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/54090/sealed-fate-the-easy-way/
By Laboob 2020-06-07 00:27:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Korgull said: »

Imagine that, lol

I do it like that all the time. Trying different strats for fun.
By Laboob 2020-06-07 00:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

Thanks!

ItemSet 373577

ItemSet 372379

Thank you.

Why the body legs and feet though? Isn't the STP loss in the subtle blow slots better compensated with malignance? Its the reason I put them on there.

Edit: Nevermind - read that its a TS set after posting. Thanks again.
By Afania 2020-06-07 11:30:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Laboob said: »

Thanks!

ItemSet 373577

ItemSet 372379

Thank you.

Why the body legs and feet though? Isn't the STP loss in the subtle blow slots better compensated with malignance? Its the reason I put them on there.

TS/no TS doesn't matter. Since the highest subtle blow slots are earring/ring/neck/waist. Your armor can be whatever you want.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-07 11:38:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I think some confusion may have resulted because some people when describing a "set" that only needs some of the slots, will leave the rest of the slots blank to imply how they aren't needed. Esp if someone is fresh to a forum, they can get mixed up if they see gear listed in a set and just assume that if the piece is there, it must be there for a reason, not a placeholder.
[+]
By Laboob 2020-06-08 10:39:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Laboob said: »

Thanks!

ItemSet 373577

ItemSet 372379

Thank you.

TS/no TS doesn't matter. Since the highest subtle blow slots are earring/ring/neck/waist. Your armor can be whatever you want.

I get that. I wasn’t implying that you were saying these slots are for subtle blow. I was confused till I read TS at the top of your gear set. These pieces have no SB, and I thought (before reading TS) that it was your regular subtle blow set that you use these pieces in for whatever reason.

Edited the post after.

Thanks again.
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-06-14 02:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone finding Path C Rostam healing way more than 15% on 11s? I was just doing Lilith and forgot to heal between runs, and I went from 38% tp 95% on an 11.

e: First time I went from 880 to 2202, second time i went from 656 to 1528, so I have no idea what math they're using.
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-06-19 21:00:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't believe that it could still happen in 2020, with GS and all, but managed to shoot my Hauksbok Bullet today in Dyna. RIP.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-06-19 21:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Didn't believe that it could still happen in 2020, with GS and all, but managed to shoot my Hauksbok Bullet today in Dyna. RIP.

If it makes you feel any better I'm on my 3rd Hauksbrok (however the hell you spell it) Arrow because I'm lazy and haven't added a rule. So no one to blame but myself.
 Asura.Yottaxa
user: Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2020-06-19 21:23:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »

Sad :(. It still irks me to no avail how utterly clueless SE is about fixing this(Shooting rare/ex ammo) from happening and making for an easy way to replace it if it does. There is literally a 100 ways they could address this but anytime its mentioned on the official forums its “working as intended”. Utter ignorant nonsense.
First Page 2 3 ... 70 71 72 ... 121 122 123