Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 4 ... 121 122 123
 Asura.Nimhir
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Nimhir
By Asura.Nimhir 2018-03-02 20:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks man, amazing guide. I love the formatting!
By Magosa 2018-03-03 01:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

An outstanding guide, among the best ever. One small thing I'd love to see as a COR newb - a list of all the skills/items that extend the duration of PR.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-03 05:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, third page.

While I appreciate the work, can we stop licking his balls and have it start being a guide now.
[+]
 Asura.Patb
user: Patbee
By Asura.Patb 2018-03-03 13:27:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a heads up with the LUA you include in the post. You have your augmented gear in the gearsets, but your lua doesn't specifically define them and you didn't include your side lua with those in them. So it may throw off some other people.
By Nocki 2018-03-03 19:46:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Magosa said: »
An outstanding guide, among the best ever. One small thing I'd love to see as a COR newb - a list of all the skills/items that extend the duration of PR.

If you actually read the guide it mentions what each relic/empy piece does towards rolls and then displays 2 roll sets of optimal roll duration gear.

However since you are a fan of lists instead of pictures (which is very backwards compared to most people) here:
COR Empy Gloves
COR Relic Hat (augmented)
Regal Necklace
Camulus's Mantle
Compensator

Additional duration can be gained through 5/5 merits in Winning Streak and 20/20 job points in Phantom Roll Duration.
[+]
 Hades.Dade
Server: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2018-03-07 01:53:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Thoughts on Chatoyant Staff when have weathers and shooting for leaden? I originally thought it was impractical because of loss of Macc from main hand. Did some tests on apex and haven't had any Macc issues. Is it something that only shows up on like 140+ content which is only time would really be shooting for leaden thus not useful?
[+]
By Afania 2018-03-07 02:04:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting.....Staff+stewpot food could be a good combo.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2018-03-09 14:26:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Damnm I have not been here in a minute, I have to say this looks nice man. Props.
By Afania 2018-03-12 02:25:35
Link | Quote | Reply

What's everyone's opinion on adding raetic blade +1 to the guide? Despite the lack of STR and MND, If refresh is available I honestly think it could be COR's best main hand weapon. But I am just guessing.

Are there anyway to accurately calculate the raetic DPS on spreadsheet?

Or someone make a blade +1 for me please so I can test it >:(
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-03-12 02:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

If both hands are using Raetic, you can manually fudge the spreadsheet by using old fashioned math to calculate the various multi attack rates with Raetic inclided, and dividing the STP by the average hits per round per hand to estimate that, but it's ugly and cumbersome.

I don't think the spreadsheet can handle only mainhanding Raetic without a complex revamp.
By Afania 2018-03-12 10:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
you can manually fudge the spreadsheet by using old fashioned math to calculate the various multi attack rates with Raetic inclided,

Possible to elaborate a bit more about this?

Say if I have 20%(1/5) proc rate from raetic, and 5 QA, 20 TA, 30 DA in melee TP set.

I just manually change the MA rate to 1% attack 5 times(1/5 of QA rate), 8% QA(remaining 4% base QA+1/5 of base TA rate), 22% TA(remaining 16% TA + 1/5 of base DA rate), 24% DA (4/5 of base DA rate)?

Also how do I add values for QA+1 proc?
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-03-12 12:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

/discuss
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-12 12:13:11
Link | Quote | Reply

[Discussion]Not worth the cost or doing Dynamis[/Discussion]
By monkey33333333 2018-03-12 12:16:40
Link | Quote | Reply

body dont look to bad
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyren
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: rada
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyren 2018-03-12 12:19:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

Gurl, what you talking bout?! The body replaces the carmine +1, thats ~25-30mil saved.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-03-12 12:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Asura.Geriond said: »
you can manually fudge the spreadsheet by using old fashioned math to calculate the various multi attack rates with Raetic inclided,

Possible to elaborate a bit more about this?

Say if I have 20%(1/5) proc rate from raetic, and 5 QA, 20 TA, 30 DA in melee TP set.

I just manually change the MA rate to 1% attack 5 times(1/5 of QA rate), 8% QA(remaining 4% base QA+1/5 of base TA rate), 22% TA(remaining 16% TA + 1/5 of base DA rate), 24% DA (4/5 of base DA rate)?

Also how do I add values for QA+1 proc?
Basically, start at the highest column and add a rate equal to the Raetic + previous MA rate round combination occurrance rate, and proceed down. For example, let's say you have 400 MP for 20% Raetic Rate (let's call it RA), 20% DA, 20% TA, and 5% QA.

First, you calculate QuintA, with RA * QA = 1%. That's 5 attacks out of 100, so when we're done, we'll add 1% to QA (+3/100) and 1% to TA (+2/100).

Next, we move onto QA. Your new QA is RA * TA + QA = 9 QA, so manually add 5 QA on the spreadsheet under the custom row (with 1 QA for the QuintA calculations), so your total QA is 10%.

Your new TA is RA * DA + TA = 24% TA, so manually add 5 TA (with 1 TA for the QuintA calculations), so your total TA is 25%.

Your new DA is the combined chances of RA or DA proccing, which is (1-(100-RA)*(100-DA)) = 36%. Manually add 16% to your DA rate here, so your total DA is 36%.

Finally, go to the data sheet and find how many attacks per round each weapon gets on average. Then, add (10)/(Average Attacks per Round) to the STP cell in the custom row. So, if you average 3 attacks per round, add 3 STP there.

Two things to keep in mind. First, this method only works when single wielding or dual wielding Raetic weapons only, as you can't add stats to the custom row that only apply to one weapon but not the other. To separate the weapons, you'd have to head to the Data sheet and do your adjustments there, which is probably possible, but I haven't done it (as I've only calculated Raetic DPSs for two handed weapons).

Second, there are three sources of skewing due to basically brute forcing it:

1: We cannot directly input Quintuple Attacks; splitting them up between QA and TA gives you the same total number of additional attacks per round, but is sometimes slightly different in terms of when you reach 1000 TP. Depending on the TP scaling your WS of choice has, this can skew the DPS either higher or lower than it actually is (given realistic QA rates).

2: We cannot input STP only on the first hit of a weapon's round, so we're averaging it with the average number of hits per round. This introduces rounding errors (more significant with lower Raetic rates), and will rarely misrepresent (in both directions) whether you barely hit 1000 TP in a round or not. Depending on the direction of your STP rounding, this can skew your DPS in either direction.

2: If you're dual wielding two Raetic Weapons, spreading out Quintuple attacks removes the effect of the 8 attack per round cap. In the actual game, if you get two QuintA procs, you lose 2 hits that round, and if you get a QuintA and a QA proc, you lose 1 hit that round. This never happens when you spread them between QA and TA, so the spreadsheet calculation never has you losing hits. With realistic QA and Raetic rates, this will only rarely happen, but it does have an effect. This will slightly skew your DPS higher than it actually is.
[+]
By Lariae 2018-03-12 12:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

How does the body shape up vs AF 3 for Leaden Salute?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-12 12:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kyren said: »

Gurl, what you talking bout?! The body replaces the carmine +1, thats ~25-30mil saved.

Carmine 21m relic+3 60m+
 Sylph.Chocobro
Server: Sylph
user: Bilix
By Sylph.Chocobro 2018-03-12 13:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Carmine 21m relic+3 60m+

Good thing you got 999,999,999 gil.

Also it doesn't cost nearly that much.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-12 13:02:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes it *** does.

6 Bmedals + 9Bmedals + 9Kmedals

Whether you /actually/ pay for medals/shards/voids or not. It still costs that much.

You could have sold them instead. Therefor it COSTS more than 60m.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-03-12 13:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this thread really the place to have this debate? Nope. /goodbye.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-12 13:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Is this thread really the place to have this debate? Nope. /goodbye.

You're right, it's not that's why I began, and ended the discussion in one post.

They're wrong in their assertions and I'm not going to PM them.

Overvalued Overhyped. While Best, not worth. Let idiots pick it up now, and scoop it up for 1/2 the price in a month.
By hobo 2018-03-12 13:37:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Regardless of value, we don't use carmine +1 much any more, just QD damage? which is not exactly the most prioritized, I still use my mab herc body for it.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-03-12 13:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »

/discuss

Both look like Last Stand pieces (but you'd need to make up for the lack of ranged acc elsewhere if using Body). The Body is great for Leaden or Wildfire (beats my 40+ MAB DM augment on Herc). Also finds solid use in PDT/MDT/Phantom Roll sets.

Snapshot on the legs replaces Ososhi basically, but isn't an improvement other than being better defensively. Mummu +2s are better than these for Light/Dark Shot, but the body is exceptional for Quick Draw .. unless you use Mirke with Quick Draw delay (which I still do as I can't find a bloody Cursed Mask -1 on my server).
By hobo 2018-03-12 13:47:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't use body for last stand, 2 less agi, no racc, no wsd. For leaden though, someone would have to test 61 mab vs 10 wsd, which is probably 100% dependent on your luck with leg augments, assuming dream tier set posted
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-03-12 13:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

hobo said: »
I wouldn't use body for last stand, 2 less agi, no racc, no wsd. For leaden though, someone would have to test 61 mab vs 10 wsd, which is probably 100% dependent on your luck with leg augments, assuming dream tier set posted

Oh yeah .. I forgot about AF+3 body. My bad :)
By Afania 2018-03-12 14:00:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless Raetic blade +1 is proven to beat hep. +1 with refresh(which I still need time to figure out), body +3 is pretty high on my shopping priority. There isn't much else I can buy for COR, besides maybe 3 more oshosi +1 pieces(which is as expensive as body anyways) and some more extra adhemar +1 on different paths so I can use them in multiple different sets without having to swap paths..... Which is probably even less upgrade than the body.

Also about the relic +3 value thing....I upgraded relic +3 hands/feet as soon as it's out, personally I think I got my money's worth in February ambuscade when I outparsed 2100 aeonic RNGs by being 10%-30%+ dmg ahead and pushing the VD clear speed to 6 min mark (even with people that did way less than half of my dmg) without having to warp back to town and do 2hr reset like SMNs. If I spend my 100m Gil somewhere else I wouldn't be able to kill as fast, unless it's spent on SMN.

So yeah, #COR4life.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyren
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: rada
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyren 2018-03-12 14:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Carmine 21m relic+3 60m+

Or save you medals like a regular person so you can upgrade asap.
By Afania 2018-03-12 14:23:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Lariae said: »
How does the body shape up vs AF 3 for Leaden Salute?

I just checked numbers real quick using my gears:

AF+3 stats:
AGI296
MAB 235
WSD+30
Mythic bonus
3000 TP
351 mdmg
Affinity 33
Mob INT 150
Dmg: 42264

Change AF+3 to relic +3 body:
Dmg: 45920

Things may change with more mab buffs, but it seems like relic +3 is winning to me. One of the reason why carmine couldn't beat AF+3 is because of low AGI on carmine, this isn't the case on relic +3 body, the AGI on it is quite high.

Edit: Added 100 mab, relic +3: 57516 AF+3: 54881. Smaller gap but still not getting AF+3 winning.

Edit2: And a big fat yes to spending 40m on 3k more ws dmg. Many other jobs don't even get the option to do that.
[+]
By cuddlyhamster 2018-03-12 17:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Question regarding TPing sets.
When TPing from ranged, I have been engaging while in -DT sets. Swapping in Snapshot in precast, and STP usually for midcast.

The lua on front page has STP on while engaged. Is there a reason not to have -DT on while shooting from ranged?
First Page 2 3 4 ... 121 122 123