Asura.Cambion
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2019-01-07 00:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Cambion said: »
Asura.Yoshimuru said: »
I recently downloaded the COR gearswap on the first page , whenever I try to equip warp ring or change any equipment manually , it will keep going back to current set on gearswap , how can I change equip manually for short time without gearswap forcing back to the set?

I ran into this problem as well and was unaware of the workaround Arislan mentioned above, so I use the following:

//gs disable ring1
do what you need to do
//gs enable ring1

Actually, after thinking a bit harder I came up with a better solution. I always forgot to enable my ring, so I would be doing events with my Warp Ring locked on, repeatedly this weekend.

Just created the following toggle to deal with it:

send_command('bind @r gs c toggle Warp') --Windowkey'R'
state.Warp = M(false, "Warp Mode")
sets.Warp = {}
And then replaced Arislan's base code in the lua with this:
Code
function customize_idle_set(idleSet)
    if state.CP.current == 'on' then
        equip(sets.CP)
        disable('back')
    elseif state.Warp.current == 'on' then
		disable('ring2')
	else
        enable('ring2')
		enable('back')
    end

return idleSet
end

I just put each individual line, directly beneath where Arislan already has the 'CP' definitions, use Cntl+F to find each one, add the line, and click next, repeat. I believe I listed them in order.

This allows you to just hit WindowKey + R (Ring) and it will automatically disable the slot. Then just toggle it again when ready to enable the ring slot.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
Server: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2019-01-07 00:59:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nohearts said: »
Question a Herculean Helm with an augment of +29 magic attack bns, magic acc +21 and Weapon Skill +2% wouldnt that be better then using Pixie Hairpin +1?

Nope, the dark affinity is amazing for pure damage. However, if you need macc, then an augmented herc helm will do better.
 Valefor.Gorns
Server: Valefor
user: Gorns
By Valefor.Gorns 2019-01-07 03:08:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yoshimuru said: »
I recently downloaded the COR gearswap on the first page , whenever I try to equip warp ring or change any equipment manually , it will keep going back to current set on gearswap , how can I change equip manually for short time without gearswap forcing back to the set?

I ran into this problem as well and was unaware of the workaround Arislan mentioned above, so I use the following:

//gs disable ring1
do what you need to do
//gs enable ring1

Actually, after thinking a bit harder I came up with a better solution. I always forgot to enable my ring, so I would be doing events with my Warp Ring locked on, repeatedly this weekend.

Just created the following toggle to deal with it:

send_command('bind @r gs c toggle Warp') --Windowkey'R'
state.Warp = M(false, "Warp Mode")
sets.Warp = {}
And then replaced Arislan's base code in the lua with this:
Code
    if state.CP.current == 'on' then
        equip(sets.CP)
        disable('back')
    elseif state.Warp.current == 'on' then
		disable('ring2')
	else
        enable('ring2')
		enable('back')
    end

return idleSet
end

I just put each individual line, directly beneath where Arislan already has the 'CP' definitions, use Cntl+F to find each one, add the line, and click next, repeat. I believe I listed them in order.

This allows you to just hit WindowKey + R (Ring) and it will automatically disable the slot. Then just toggle it again when ready to enable the ring slot.

I have made up something I find more simple to do as with this I'm sure to not forget reloading gearinfo after using the warp ring. I have added in my 'Global-Binds.lua' the following command

send_command('bind @numpad7 input //lua unload gearinfo;
input /equip ring2 "Warp Ring"; /echo Warping;
wait 11;
input /item "Warp Ring" <me>;
wait 2;
input //lua load gearinfo')

so that when I press windows kay + 7 it unload gearinfo, equip the warp ring, use it, and then reload gearinfo
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-01-07 06:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Lockfort said: »
Asura.Nohearts said: »
Question a Herculean Helm with an augment of +29 magic attack bns, magic acc +21 and Weapon Skill +2% wouldnt that be better then using Pixie Hairpin +1?

Nope, the dark affinity is amazing for pure damage. However, if you need macc, then an augmented herc helm will do better.

Also if that would be better, none would use Pixie hairpin +1 and you would see it in and guide, because that augment on herc is very easy to get. Even 15agi 30mab 4%WSD wouldnt be better (and thats hardcore hard to get, because AGI is not in a pool of smart augmenting for magic path on Herc).

COR in Leaden salute has around 300AGI and 260MAB and 5 Dark Affinity and ~25%WSD (more if you have herc hands instead of Carmine)

40mab on helm would improve damage by 11%
15 agi on helm would improve damage by ~5%
4% WSD on helm would improve damage by 3.2%
so 19.2% total
And keep in mind that's before possible mab and agi buffs, which would reduce those number more.

Pixie hairpin +1 is +26.6% damage
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-01-07 09:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Gorns said: »
I'm sure to not forget reloading gearinfo after using the warp ring.

The simplest implementation is to keybind a UGS toggle:
Code
    send_command('bind @insert //gi ugs')

Then have your lua automatically turn UGS on when you zone:
Code
windower.register_event('zone change', function()
    send_command('@input //gi ugs true')
end)

This covers all slots, not just the rings, so it's going to be a lot more useful.
[+]
By Swepttrippy 2019-01-10 08:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zanosan said: »
So, you guys don't really know me but I'm one of the 3 people that play with Snaps and there's been some interest in how we do our Dynamis D clears so I recorded and uploaded today's Dynamis run for those interested.

A few qualifiers for the run and the video,

YouTube Video Placeholder

Our setup in this run is:
RNG RNG COR COR BRD GEO
RUN RUN WHM GEO GEO GEO
One party of buyers doing nothing

RNGs are running Malevolence x2 with Gastraphetes(Rank 10? and Rank 15) both with completed +2 necks (one Armageddon Rank 10 for Light Circle)
CORs are running Rostam(A)/Rostam(C) with Death Penalty(Rank 15 and Rank 15) both with completed +2 necks (Armageddon Rank 10 and Rank 1 for Dark Circle)
BRD is full REMA, all GEOs have Idris, WHM has Yagrush, RUNs have Epeo

While we can run with as little as 2 people and 8 characters, we pretty much just run with whoever of the 4 of us can make it that day and split up our characters based on whatever makes the most sense for the run. For example, this typically means that I am not playing my own characters for the run, as you can see in the video. Having the extra RUN is nice for this run specifically because Wave 2 boss's hate reset and the extra 3 GEOs just make the run faster by freeing up the primary GEO from having to use Malaise and for having a constant supply of Bolsters to make the run faster.

Permutations of our set ups based on the number of people present look like this:

Today all 4 of us showed up so for this run we used the set up of:
Player 1 - RNG RNG COR COR BRD GEO
Player 2 - RUN WHM
Player 3 - RUN
Player 4 - GEO GEO GEO

Our base buff set up is:
Honor March/Prelude/Prelude/AGI Etude - Dark Threnody II
Samurai Roll/Wizard's Roll/Warlock's Roll/Tactician's Roll
Malaise/(Focus OR Acumen OR AGI - as needed)
Flurry
Aurora/Firestorm (Primary GEO is /SCH)
Marine Stewpot

With 4 GEOs we end up doing:
1 - Acumen/AGI
2 - Malaise
3 - Languor
4 - Wilt

Languor and Wilt aren't really necessary, but it's kind of a "why not" thing that allows full-time Acumen/AGI and an easier time for the WHM and RUN(s). Can add a second Etude in there somewhere but having the extra haste there for the GEO and BRD is helpful.

Wave 1 and 2 are pretty self explanatory and uninteresting, but on Wave 3 I wanted to point out that as we're clearing Volte mobs we choose to set up a camp for 3 of the circles(depending on pathing) because all of our GEOs have 10 minute BOG/EA bubbles and moving only as few pieces as needed is kind of the rule of thumb for multiboxing.

Take with a grain of salt: Offhand, the parse generally ends up being somewhere like 30%/24%/18%/18% COR/COR/RNG/RNG with the first COR having a lead because they always shoot first. When we split up the DPS between two people it usually looks like 25/25/20/20.

With that said I kind of want to address why we choose COR/COR/RNG/RNG instead of perhaps 4 COR. Firstly, there's a little talked about mechanic on all Dynamis D wave bosses where repeating the same weaponskill will greatly lessen the damage those WSs inflict, with another WS in the mix we can ignore this mechanic. This also allows for additional skillchain damage. Probably the biggest reason, though, is the elemental affinity of Volte mobs means that they take much less damage from Leaden while Trueflight hits for capped damage with BOG/EA Malaise up. So, RNG does significantly more damage than COR when killing Volte mobs while COR surpasses RNG through Wave 2 boss and the use of Tenebrae Gambit Rayke.

Here's my RNG's sets:

Here's my COR's sets:

I'm not sure what all needs explaining, so if you have any questions feel free to ask.
Hey dude, i'm just curious how you deal with the circles if you have no healer in the ranged party. Who is keeping that party alive?
 Hades.Dade
Server: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2019-01-10 09:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Circles only AoE if person with hate is within 15'. No reason for anyone to be within that distance in a ranged setup. Even for melee strats you can have a Tank keep hate out of range.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyren
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: rada
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyren 2019-01-10 09:15:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Swepttrippy said: »
Hey dude, i'm just curious how you deal with the circles if you have no healer in the ranged party. Who is keeping that party alive?

Hades.Dade said: »
Circles only AoE if person with hate is within 15'. No reason for anyone to be within that distance in a ranged setup. Even for melee strats you can have a Tank keep hate out of range.

In most set ups the tank is outside of the 15' radius and the rest of the party are inside the fetter since you do more dmg the closer you are.
By Swepttrippy 2019-01-10 09:16:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kyren said: »
Swepttrippy said: »

In most set ups the tank is outside of the 15' radius and the rest of the party are inside the fetter since you do more dmg the closer you are.
Thanks alot =)
 Bahamut.Ryoshisan
Server: Bahamut
user: ryoshi
By Bahamut.Ryoshisan 2019-01-10 14:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a gearswap lua out there that allows me to toggle a variety of weapons (main/sub) and guns depending on the event/situation?

Looking for a lua that allows me to toggle between:

Rostam / Rostam (DP or Folm)
Rostam / Ambu weapon (DP or folm)
Hepa / Blurred (DP or Folm or magian 1k tp gun)
Rostam / Shield (DP or Folm)

Etc. (I also know if one does exsist that I will be modifiying it quite a bit to fit what im looking for)

Any help is appriciated.
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2019-01-11 14:32:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I just made equipment sets and do /equipset #
 Bahamut.Ryoshisan
Server: Bahamut
user: ryoshi
By Bahamut.Ryoshisan 2019-01-11 16:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

That's what im doing currently - just wanted to see if anyone made a gearswap lua for it.

Thanks for the input.
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-01-13 11:16:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Set up cycler (and keybind):
Code
function user_setup()
    state.WeaponSet = M{['description']='Weapon Set', 'DeathPenaltyMelee ', 'DeathPenaltyRanged', 'AtaktosSword','AtaktosDagger'}-- no spaces in names!
    send_command('bind @e gs c cycle WeaponSet')
end

Make sets for each weapon combo:
Code
function init_gear_sets()
    sets.DeathPenaltyMelee = {main="Rostam", sub="Eletta Knife", ranged="Death Penalty"}
    sets.DeathPenaltyRanged = {main="Rostam", sub="Nusku Shield", ranged="Death Penalty"}
    sets.AtaktosSword = {main="Hepatizon Sapara +1", "Blurred Knife +1", ranged="Ataktos"}
    sets.AtaktosDagger = {main="Rostam", "Blurred Knife +1", ranged="Ataktos"}
end

The following will trigger set swaps as you cycle thru your weapon options:
Code
function job_self_command(cmdParams, eventArgs)
    if cmdParams[2] == 'WeaponSet' then
        local weaponset = state.WeaponSet.current
        change_weapons(weaponset)
    end
end

Code
function change_weapons(weaponset)

local weaponset = weaponset
    local weaponset_index = table.find(state.WeaponSet,weaponset)
	local weaponset_length = table.getn(state.WeaponSet)

if weaponset_index + 1 > weaponset_length then
        weaponset = state.WeaponSet[1]
	else
	    weaponset = state.WeaponSet[weaponset_index + 1]
    end

send_command('gs equip sets.' ..weaponset)

end
 Asura.Snapster
user: Mojopojo
By Asura.Snapster 2019-01-13 11:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Set up cycler (and keybind):
Code
function user_setup()
    state.WeaponSet = M{['description']='Weapon Set', 'DeathPenaltyMelee ', 'DeathPenaltyRanged', 'AtaktosSword','AtaktosDagger'}-- no spaces in names!
    send_command('bind @e gs c cycle WeaponSet')
end

Make sets for each weapon combo:
Code
    sets.DeathPenaltyMelee = {main="Rostam", sub="Eletta Knife", ranged="Death Penalty"}
    sets.DeathPenaltyRanged = {main="Rostam", sub="Nusku Shield", ranged="Death Penalty"}
    sets.AtaktosSword = {main="Hepatizon Sapara +1", "Blurred Knife +1", ranged="Ataktos"}
    sets.AtaktosDagger = {main="Rostam", "Blurred Knife +1", ranged="Ataktos"}
end

The following will trigger set swaps as you cycle thru your weapon options:
Code
function job_self_command(cmdParams, eventArgs)
    if cmdParams[2] == 'WeaponSet' then
        local weaponset = state.WeaponSet.current
        change_weapons(weaponset)
    end
end

Code
function change_weapons(weaponset)

local weaponset = weaponset
    local weaponset_index = table.find(state.WeaponSet,weaponset)
	local weaponset_length = table.getn(state.WeaponSet)

if weaponset_index + 1 > weaponset_length then
        weaponset = state.WeaponSet[1]
	else
	    weaponset = state.WeaponSet[weaponset_index + 1]
    end

send_command('gs equip sets.' ..weaponset)

end

This is good and is what I use although I have a few optimizations. Those last two blocks of code are unnecessary. Motes has this behavior built in (you get it when you define state.WeaponSet). //gs c cycle WeaponSet will then cycle through your sets, and //gs c set can be used to set something directly. For example, //gs c set WeaponSet DeathPenaltyMelee.

Also you need something to actually equip these too. You're doing it with a gearswap command but if you're fighting something removes gear it won't work very well. You'll need to send the command every time your gear is unequipped. I use the following.
Code
function job_precast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
    equip(sets[state.Weapons.current])
end

My complete implementation looks like this.
Code
function user_setup()
    state.Weapons = M{['description']='Current Weapon',
        'Fomalhaut',
        'DeathPenalty',
		'Anarchy +2',
        'Armageddon',
    }
    send_command('bind @e gs c cycle Weapons')
end

function user_unload()
    send_command('unbind @e')
end

sets.DeathPenalty = {
        main={name="Rostam", bag="Wardrobe 3", priority=2},
        range="Death Penalty",
        sub={name="Rostam", bag="Wardrobe 2", priority=1},
    }
    sets.Fomalhaut = {
        range="Fomalhaut",
    }
    sets.Armageddon = {
        range="Armageddon",
    }
    sets['Anarchy +2'] = {
        main={name="Hepatizon Sapara +1", priority=2},
        range="Anarchy +2",
        sub={name="Blurred Knife +1", priority=1},
    }
end

end
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-01-13 12:09:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Snapster said: »
This is good and is what I use although I have a few optimizations. Those last two blocks of code are unnecessary. Motes has this behavior built in (you get it when you define state.WeaponSet). //gs c cycle WeaponSet will then cycle through your sets, and //gs c set can be used to set something directly. For example, //gs c set WeaponSet DeathPenaltyMelee.

Also you need something to actually equip these too. You're doing it with a gearswap command but if you're fighting something removes gear it won't work very well. You'll need to send the command every time your gear is unequipped. I use the following.
Code
end

Ah, a much nicer solution for sure.

Adding that precast equip line into aftercast, job_state_change, and job_update seems to cover just about everything.

10/10
[+]
 Asura.Snapster
user: Mojopojo
By Asura.Snapster 2019-01-13 12:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I missed a few pieces from my original implementation.
Code
    return set_combine(idleSet, sets[state.Weapons.current])
end

function customize_melee_set(meleeSet)
    return set_combine(meleeSet, sets[state.Weapons.current])
end

Although job_state_change and job_update might accomplish this too. idk.
 Ragnarok.Haxetc
By Ragnarok.Haxetc 2019-01-13 18:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk if this is posted anywhere but I did try searching for a bit. What's the formula to calculate roll potency? Trying to figure out how phantom roll+ gear effects rolls.
 Bismarck.Lilmartio
Server: Bismarck
user: Lilmartio
By Bismarck.Lilmartio 2019-01-13 19:14:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Going to use Samurai Roll as an example:

XI Sam Roll is 40 STP base
For every Roll+ is 4 extra STP, so Regal Necklace has +7 which means: 4x7= 28
If you have a SAM in party or the Hat procs then you would add the bonus which is 10.
Adding everything would be: 40+28+10=78 STP
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-01-13 19:15:02
Link | Quote | Reply

it's a flat amount for each point of potency.
 Ragnarok.Haxetc
By Ragnarok.Haxetc 2019-01-13 19:15:47
Link | Quote | Reply

so roll+ is 10% of the base value?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-01-13 19:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

no
 Ragnarok.Haxetc
By Ragnarok.Haxetc 2019-01-13 19:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

is there a known value for each roll at least? lol
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-01-13 19:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

yes, it's on the rolls' pages on wiki
By aisukage 2019-01-13 20:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Like Austar said they are all on BG wiki and the tables look like this. Where it states Roll +1 that is the value added for each "Phantom Roll +" you have.

So Regal Necklace gives "Phantom Roll +7" so all you have to do is multiply the value in the Roll+1 row by 7. (Sam roll = 4. 7*4 = 28) So even if you roll a 1 for 8 STP you still get +28 for a total of 36 and the same applies if you roll high like XI and get the +40. You still get the +28 for 68 STP Total.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-01-14 10:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Which gun is better for Leaden Salute?

Molybdosis or Fomalhaut ?
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-01-14 10:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

fyi, its 20' not 15'

first time I tried tanking them, I was at 15 cuz thats what was on the forums.

And we got alot of AoE nastiness, until we backed up to 20'
 Shiva.Ariaum
user: Ariaum
By Shiva.Ariaum 2019-01-14 10:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »

fyi, its 20' not 15'

first time I tried tanking them, I was at 15 cuz thats what was on the forums.

And we got alot of AoE nastiness, until we backed up to 20'

Was at 15.5-16~ last night worked fine, no aoes unless hate was pulled.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-01-14 11:29:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Ariaum said: »
Was at 15.5-16~ last night worked fine, no aoes unless hate was pulled.

I've tanked them several times. If i slip under 20' we get AoE's.

I was training a new tank on them yesterday also, and he kept having that problem.

but hey, I'll try another test on wednesday.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
Server: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2019-01-17 16:24:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have a high accuracy melee set I can take a look at for some ideas? All I see on main page is this swap:

ItemSet 356886
First Page 2 3 ... 42 43 44 ... 121 122 123