First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 121 122 123
 Bismarck.Lilmartio
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Lilmartio
By Bismarck.Lilmartio 2018-10-01 20:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Eightball said: »
can some 1 clear up some things for me on dyna wave 3, i was under the impression the fetters were somewhat weak to salute but when i went spamming salute on fire circle it did lackluster dmg and countered with aoe Fire each time, is it any WS that triggers their AoE? and do i need a bunch of buffs for salute to do well on it? for the NQ mobs around the fetter physical is best IIRC unless some 1 has a better option?
The AoE is caused by whoever has hate and is in range of the fetter. Generally you would have tank maintain hate and be ~16+ away. I never used Leaden on fetters, but I think dark fetter needs to be killed first for leaden to work? Again I never used leaden on fetters, savage works fine for me.
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-10-01 21:04:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Leaden can do great damage on the circles but you'll need some unknown amount of magic accuracy or you'll get resisted.
Code
uses Leaden Salute.The Fire Circle takes 42935 points of damage.
uses Leaden Salute.The Fire Circle takes 29026 points of damage.
uses Leaden Salute.The Fire Circle takes 41514 points of damage.
uses Leaden Salute.The Fire Circle takes 33211 points of damage.
uses Leaden Salute.The Fire Circle takes 37671 points of damage.

This was standing at a distance shooting to avoid AoE. I'm assuming that the circle distance/damage calculation that is applied to magic is also applied to magic WS. If your group can handle the healing you could stand next to the circles and spam Leaden for potentially over 80k. 100k if you have Gambit.

I did some testing and analysis of skillchain damage. Their affinity seems to be the same as elementals. 150/100/5 for Weak/Neutral/Same. I didn't actually test Same category but tbh I don't care.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-10-01 21:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Also I didn't mention it but their resistance/affinity has nothing to do with other circles you've killed. The circles DT mechanic only applies to the mega boss. Volte and Elemental Circles are not affected by it.
By Pilipinoboi 2018-10-02 02:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
Leaden can do great damage on the circles but you'll need some unknown amount of magic accuracy or you'll get resisted.
Code

This was standing at a distance shooting to avoid AoE. I'm assuming that the circle distance/damage calculation that is applied to magic is also applied to magic WS. If your group can handle the healing you could stand next to the circles and spam Leaden for potentially over 80k. 100k if you have Gambit.

I did some testing and analysis of skillchain damage. Their affinity seems to be the same as elementals. 150/100/5 for Weak/Neutral/Same. I didn't actually test Same category but tbh I don't care.

Curious of the gearsets used along with the buffs used? Been playing around inside dynamis but our group resorts at this time to TP burn - Savage/Last Stand etc. For fetters which has been a time sink.

I've heard of the insane numbers regarding fetter mobs and dynamis as a whole with Leaden Salute but we've yet to find the right combinations of buffs to focus on.

We have done Malaise etc but I've found myself not averaging higher than 32k.

Thanks in advance!
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-10-02 07:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll post what was used later. I also tried standing close to a circle yesterday and the damage didn't seem to increase. It was not a carefully controlled test but it didn't seem like I received any bonus.
By Afania 2018-10-02 08:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Pilipinoboi said: »
Fenrir.Snaps said: »
Code

Curious of the gearsets used along with the buffs used? Been playing around inside dynamis but our group resorts at this time to TP burn - Savage/Last Stand etc. For fetters which has been a time sink.

I've heard of the insane numbers regarding fetter mobs and dynamis as a whole with Leaden Salute but we've yet to find the right combinations of buffs to focus on.

We have done Malaise etc but I've found myself not averaging higher than 32k.

Thanks in advance!

If you tp burn it then honestly savage is often your best bet. Tp burn pt will need several debuffs bubbles such as wilt for war mob, torpor, fade for fetter, vex attuned for rdm blu mob. Missing defensive bubbles melee often get crippled. Our group generally go all out with defensive buffs to speed up the process.

Since bubble slots are used on defensive bubbles there won't be surplus of bubble for magical dmg.

Wave 3 boss is just an exception because it needs less, that's it.

Savage is still easy 30k+ on fetter at 1000 tp if all def- debuffs are up, not much lower than super buffed leaden damage people described with here. I don't know why people insist leaden over and over when savage worked just fine.
[+]
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2018-10-02 12:22:00
Link | Quote | Reply

My group is trying to do an all mage setup, volte mob kill times are somewhat slow and last night we had a problem with the first fetter (fire circle) it would do AOE dmg to us for each damage action on it so we died a few times, they did water MBs on it like we did the run before but it did not AOE for nukes that time so if anyone can explain how the fetters AOE works that’d be great.
 Shiva.Hiep
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2018-10-02 14:25:58
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys need to keep up GEO Fade and BRD Carol to survive the AoEs from the fetters, or keep up Barspells for extra safety. Our group just keeps pushing with those buffs/debuffs up. Not really sure of the mechanic, but it might be due to adds being alive or dead, or the distance of the ??? disjoined.
 Asura.Warusha
Server: Asura
user: Serithus
By Asura.Warusha 2018-10-02 14:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

As long as the first target on hate list is out of I think 15' or so, the circle will not use its ability. The circle will use the AoE ability if it has been damaged with a magic source, if the ??? disjoined enemy has been dealt magic damage. The are possibly additional mechanics as well in regards to the ability, such as the disjoined enemy uses an elemental attack.

I'm still trying to better understand the exact mechanics but my logs are missing timestamps and it's usually better use of my time to just farm items faster.
 Ragnarok.Galiber
Server: Ragnarok
user: Galiber
By Ragnarok.Galiber 2018-10-02 15:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

We usually just have tank flash and stay away, and DDs go melee them without any problem at all. I'd say yeah, around 15'
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2018-10-02 17:00:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Kk, thx all for the info.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Server: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-10-04 01:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Spreadsheet Update

Afania pointed out the 4 Hepa Swords didn't have their DMG or Delay added. >.> Sorry guys.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B28ENNCAVh_sc3VEazl1VzJVSXc
By zaxtiss 2018-10-08 11:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

in today's time is impulse still best belt for preshot?
i have Yemaya Belt but i wasn't sure if that was better.
 Sylph.Darkside
Server: Sylph
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2018-10-08 11:43:35
Link | Quote | Reply

zaxtiss said: »
Depends on the rest of your build and how much Snapshot you need to cap.
By Boshi 2018-10-08 12:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

zaxtiss said: »

you probably need a +2 cor neck to rotate impulse belt in, I think that's more micromanaging to fit rapid shot in another slot once neck became an option
By zaxtiss 2018-10-08 12:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks.
its for an alt so i may wait for the neck to come down a bit lol
 Hades.Dade
Server: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2018-10-11 19:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey got my hands on a Rostam. I wanted to see if anyone had a good argument not to path B it? Current plan is to Path B first rostam, pickup a lanun for path A shooting, then down the road another rostam for path C.
 Shiva.Znitch
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2018-10-11 20:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Initially I was all about path A as my next dagger for both melee and shooting, but it sounds like the reports of double damage activating on WS are false? It was mentioned a few pages back but no proof was submitted as far as I can tell. I made path C first and am already wishing I had done B instead, guess I'll be doing that next and splitting points with a Commodore Charm +2.
By Boshi 2018-10-11 20:18:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Stp path makes it amazingg for ahooting
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-10-12 05:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Boshi said: »
Stp path makes it amazingg for ahooting

I can confirm! Gives you that nice simple 3hit with samurai roll!
By SimonSes 2018-10-12 11:40:00
Link | Quote | Reply

If path A would proc on WS, you would see all DD jobs drop all other weapons instantly and use nothing else but path A su5 and those forum would implode with info about it.
[+]
 Hades.Dade
By Hades.Dade 2018-10-16 17:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

So I was using the newest spreadsheet from Chiaia and got Rostam Path A > Path B in melee + leaden situations?

That was with just haste cap + sam roll on apex crab. In pretty much any buff situation on spreadsheet I'm getting Path A 7 to 8% more dmg then Path B?
By Afania 2018-10-16 17:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

FUA currently doesn't work, I reported this glitch week's ago. I guess I should have talk about it on forum so people don't walk into this FUA trap lol.
[+]
 Hades.Dade
By Hades.Dade 2018-10-16 18:42:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
FUA currently doesn't work, I reported this glitch week's ago. I guess I should have talk about it on forum so people don't walk into this FUA trap lol.

lol thanks.
By hobo 2018-10-16 19:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

as a note for those still working with fetters on wave3, it really does seem like they take more when you are close. The group I went with was struggling on fetters (mage style), taking 3-4 sc to kill from a distance. Then we moved on top of the fetter and except for light/dark, every fetter died in a 3step - sch sc with cor closing
By Afania 2018-10-16 19:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of spreadsheet, is it possible to add wsd change? I feel evis may have some potential now.
By AkaniDragoon 2018-10-16 19:18:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you elaborate on this a little bit if you don't mind?
By Afania 2018-10-16 19:19:45
Link | Quote | Reply

AkaniDragoon said: »

Can you elaborate on this a little bit if you don't mind?

I meant spreadsheet, not in game. If you add numbers under FUA stat on spreadsheet it won't do anything. And FUA Rostam doesn't add anything to avg hit cell.
[+]
 Shiva.Zerkles
user: zerkles
By Shiva.Zerkles 2018-10-21 12:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wanted to share, for those who still need packacet drops or w.e

Tank(i used august) geo/blm (to sleep adds) and Cor using wildfire melts him.

With my mediocre wildfire set and my 899 skill geo (lol???) was hitting 30ks, i use pere crepes cause idk why.

cheers
 Bahamut.Ryoshisan
Server: Bahamut
user: ryoshi
By Bahamut.Ryoshisan 2018-10-23 01:03:24
Link | Quote | Reply

For Rostam - the way I interpret the various paths - Path A is more for high damage for ws's - Path B is more to gain tp that much quicker?

And, to be clear - Path A, Double Damag also applies to WS's? And Path B - follow up attacks - does that also apply to WS's as well?
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 121 122 123