Ragnarok.Creaucent
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Creaucent
By Ragnarok.Creaucent 2024-07-29 13:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Ragnarok.Creaucent said: »
If you are doing things like Arebati V20+ with the crit AM set I found r15 Kustawi +1 better, eyeballing, for the extra Ratt since you certainly arent capping ratt and the -enmity.

I'd choose to use a Rostam with 25 STP before the ratk, personally, but my real question is...are you not using Dirge for your COR in Arebati V20 or V25? Because you should be, and that will cap your -enmity so it's not at all a factor in knife choice.

Depends on how your group does it, if you do normal songs till 75-80% you wont be capping -enmity with just Dirge. I didn't really want to lose AM3 so just kept Kustawi on.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [34 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Nolano
Server: Asura
user: Nolano
By Asura.Nolano 2024-09-01 09:11:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
Earp is a huge gift to CORs. There's a lot more than just DMG/delay numbers regarding it...stage 4 has the ODD and stage 5 has ODT (occ. deals double/triple dmg) on your regular shots, and Terminus has some real teeth to it.

Fomalhaut has zero boosts to regular shots, and Last Stand can't keep up with Earp's WS. If you're serious about COR, its really a great weapon and will easily become your 1st choice on anything where physical dmg is used.

I just found this statement made 8-9 months ago. Is this true? Is ODD/ODT only active during AM a la empyrean AM? This would effectively make Earp a fusion of arma and a better fomal. I can’t find anything else supporting this claim.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-09-01 09:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

ODD/ODT is active all the time and yes it can proc on all shots.

Teminus is definitely superior to Last Stand pound-for-pound
 Valefor.Aspens
Server: Valefor
user: Aspens
By Valefor.Aspens 2024-09-01 09:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Dubaiii said: »
So the question is what is the rate of the double/triple damage ? or is it only on first swing? and is it true there it proc more when it higher stages than stage 3 and by how much?

AFAIK:
Stage 3: no double/triple proc
Stage 4: ~15% chance to double proc
Stage 5: ~30% chance to triple proc

First swing only, like relics, except gun/bow, which can proc on all shots of multi-shot.
Stage 4 is either 30% or 33% ODD.

Tested on Stage 4 polearm using DA- gear to push multi hit down to only 2%(No wyvern to avoid gift DA) so extra hits where the ODD can't proc couldn't mess with the proc rate. Sample size was around 3k hits after removing DA procs. Came out to 32.23% rate. Due to some imperfections in the sample gathering, I can't say with complete confidence if it's 30% or 33%, but I can very solidly state that it's not ~15%.

EDIT: Come to think of it... has any difference in proc rate or damage multplier been found between one handed and 2 handed Prime weps? Relics had all kinds of differences for the hidden ODx effect. But I feel like they went for a more consistent system for primes.

The odd odt is not tied to AM it is just a hidden effect like relic weapons and it can proc in triple shots. It definitely is like a mix between empy+fomal which is really really good for ranged situations.

Savage blade still slaps harder if you can melee+slashing
 Asura.Nolano
Server: Asura
user: Nolano
By Asura.Nolano 2024-09-01 09:33:25
Link | Quote | Reply

ODD/ODT is active all the time and yes it can proc on all shots.

At about a 50% rate? Any testing on this?

Sorry, didn’t see above reply. Thank you!
By belgarionriva76 2024-09-18 09:16:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I am trying to make a SB set with enough ACC for Aminon, without loosing to much weaponskill damage, as Cor/Drk, masterlevel 45

So far i have 1230 Acc without buffs, food or otherwise enhanching stats. I dunno how to coppy the gearswap window as you guys do, but if someone has a even better raw acc for Aminon as cor/drk, please post it, so i can compare and update, ty
By K123 2024-09-18 09:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Would be useful if someone could put a comment about the ODD and ODT on the main prime weapons page.
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Category:Prime_Weapons

It isn't even noted on any of the specific weapon pages either.

Also the PDT AM isn't mentioned on the main Prime weapons page, and half the WS are still unsure on fTP or modifier weights but this is less of an issue.
First Page 2 3 ... 124 125