First Page 2 3 ... 122 123
 Bismarck.Drakelth
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2024-03-18 11:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
I just scored a Fettering Blade. The OP guide mentions it a couple of times, but I'm wondering how relevant it might be to my situation. I've already got a Rostam, Lanun Knife (won't be in the market for more Rostams for a while), Tauret, and Naegling.

you can safely chuck it
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-03-18 12:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Drakelth said: »
you can safely chuck it
I'll save it for lockstyle at least lol

Not even good as an offhand for Savage Spam or anything, 'eh?
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-03-18 12:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

since the name of the game for savage spam is going to end up being TP gain rate, not more STR and MND, offhanding a crepuscular, gleti's, or blurred+1 knife will win out.
[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
Server: Asura
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2024-03-18 16:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Fettering was good in like 2017 but yea now it’s just a trash can tier item. Looks cool though.
[+]
By Nariont 2024-03-18 17:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Into the bin with much of the non-naegling/rema swords
 Bismarck.Drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2024-03-18 18:08:17
Link | Quote | Reply

you can safely chuck it

Its trash as others have said, I wouldn't use it on my cor if you paid me
 Bismarck.Drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2024-03-18 18:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

you can safely chuck it

Its trash as others have said, I wouldn't use it on my cor if you paid me
By Trillium 2024-03-20 02:03:58
Link | Quote | Reply

What about ranged only with arma am3? Or just stack ratt instead maybe...
 Ragnarok.Creaucent
user: Creaucent
By Ragnarok.Creaucent 2024-03-20 08:16:48
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are doing ranged you have Gleti's and r15 Kustawi +1 before you would even consider Fettering Blade.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2024-03-20 08:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

What is Gleti OH used for, in a ranged damage setup?
I can't spot anything other than the moderate amount of racc you get from the +15 AGI and the Crit+ which I assume should apply to ranged attacks as well.

Wouldn't a Rostam A be better? Well... it wouldn't increase your ranged white damage, it would increase the WS frequency and hence would be a nice boost to overall DPS (in addition to providing a good chuck of Racc, supposing you need that)
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-03-20 08:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I can't spot anything other than the moderate amount of racc you get from the +15 AGI and the Crit+ which I assume should apply to ranged attacks as well.

Wouldn't a Rostam A be better? Well... it wouldn't increase your ranged white damage, it would increase the WS frequency and hence would be a nice boost to overall DPS (in addition to providing a good chuck of Racc, supposing you need that)

When talking about OH, Rostam wouldn't increase WS frequency. Gleti for the AGI (modifier on the WS)
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2024-03-20 08:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh right, main hand onry, true enough.
By Nariont 2024-03-20 08:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking at it, fetterings an okay all-rounder for a starter still but quickly gets each part of it replaced by another weapon
 Ragnarok.Creaucent
By Ragnarok.Creaucent 2024-03-20 09:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

They were asking about Arma AM3 which crit+5 is fairly big for those meaty AM3 procs. If you need the racc/att you can then swap to either Rostam A or Kustawi.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-03-20 09:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Creaucent said: »
They were asking about Arma AM3 which crit+10 is fairly big for those meaty AM3 procs. If you need the racc/att you can then swap to either Rostam A or Kustawi.

Crit 5, and Rostam path is irrelevant; if you have Kustawi, it's just better than Rostam in OH straight up (unless you need mdmg in OH I suppose), otherwise agree
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-03-20 14:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The other posts above are the more important reasons...but these days I'll never turn down a little extra Subtle Blow in my builds if it doesn't change much damage-wise. There's not a lot of content left where COR would need the offhand racc of a Kustawi+1 (about the only possible reason I can think of are F/G/H Sortie basement bosses, but even then I'd stick to something magical offhand like Tauret personally), so for me the debate between it and offhand Gleti's boils down to

A smidge of Rapid Shot and some extra -Enmity
--or--
15 AGI, 5% crit rate(yup it affects ranged attacks too), and 10 Subtle Blow II.
 Valefor.Dathus
Server: Valefor
user: Dathus
By Valefor.Dathus 2024-04-09 06:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

For CORs who have both DP and Earp: When do you find yourself using one over the other?
 Ragnarok.Creaucent
By Ragnarok.Creaucent 2024-04-09 08:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Dathus said: »
For CORs who have both DP and Earp: When do you find yourself using one over the other?

Both guns are used for different things, DP for when Leaden shines like Dyna D and then Earp when you need physical ranged damage or WS walls and someone else is using Savage Blade.
 Carbuncle.Samuraiking
user: bossgalka
By Carbuncle.Samuraiking 2024-04-09 12:14:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you using Leaden? DP.
Are you doing anything besides Leaden? Prime.

If you add in TP Gun and Empy gun to the mix it becomes a little different though. Obviously Empy Gun is for Wildfire. You might think DP is good for Dynamis W1-2, but it's not. You can one-shot statues with TP Gun, which is what you should be using so you can do Savage Blades on the enemies when the statues are all dead. You should use Prime/Fomal on Wave 3 because you can do 99k Hotshots with them.

It's still worth putting on DP for the Wave 1 boss though, about 5-6 good skillchains where you close darkness with Leaden DP will kill it. But you can also just Leaden in any other gun and still kill it in 7 or 8 SC instead and it wouldn't matter much.
[+]
 Valefor.Dathus
Server: Valefor
user: Dathus
By Valefor.Dathus 2024-04-09 14:17:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Samuraiking said: »

Are you using Leaden? DP.
Are you doing anything besides Leaden? Prime.

If you add in TP Gun and Empy gun to the mix it becomes a little different though. Obviously Empy Gun is for Wildfire. You might think DP is good for Dynamis W1-2, but it's not. You can one-shot statues with TP Gun, which is what you should be using so you can do Savage Blades on the enemies when the statues are all dead. You should use Prime/Fomal on Wave 3 because you can do 99k Hotshots with them.

It's still worth putting on DP for the Wave 1 boss though, about 5-6 good skillchains where you close darkness with Leaden DP will kill it. But you can also just Leaden in any other gun and still kill it in 7 or 8 SC instead and it wouldn't matter much.

I've also got the TP gun and the Aeonic, and an unfinished Empy, and probably won't finish my Armageddon past getting Wildfire perma unlocked(originally had it that far back at early 99 cap)
First Page 2 3 ... 122 123