Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 104 105 106 ... 121 122 123
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-20 10:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't done this yet for my COR or RNG, but depending on sets you may get away with tossing macc/mdmg on your Ambuscade Cape versus racc/ratk. COR is a bit low on attack, so it might not pan out the way it does on RNG or a SAM building a hybrid WS cape, but I'd be curious how it plays out in max-buff situations.
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2022-06-21 11:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
I am going to be honest, because I don't want to disappoint anyone by promising things that I may not finish.

The chance of me doing all that is going to be quite low. Figuring out sets is already time consuming enough, sometimes I had to test them after calculation just to make sure it's correct. Which can take hours.

Having to organize it everything and list all of them in an easy to read manner is even more time consuming because of how nodes works(and how they lags on my phone/tablet).

Since I'd like to limit my time spent on FFXI related stuff and focus on rl or play other games, the chance of an updated 2022 cor guide with all the new sets and relevant info on when to use them is unlikely to happen unless someone else wants to do it.

If somebody wants to do the organization job, I'd be happy to offer opinions on sets and maths, and job related info on 2022 cor gameplay. And my PM inbox is always open for such discussions.

Otherwise, I don't have such plans atm, sorry.

PM me any new sets you come up with and I'll be happy to add them to the guide for you. :)
[+]
By IGDC 2022-06-23 17:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, noob question:

If you roll in Rostam(c) then double up without it on, do you still get the +8 rolls or does it have to be on for double up as well?
By Meeeeeep 2022-06-23 17:38:10
Link | Quote | Reply

IGDC said: »
Hey, noob question:

If you roll in Rostam(c) then double up without it on, do you still get the +8 rolls or does it have to be on for double up as well?
Yes. All the potency/duration gear needs to be in the actual Phantom Roll set, Double up doesn't require any potency/duration gear.
[+]
By IGDC 2022-06-23 17:42:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Perfect, thanks for clarifying that for me. I don't use rostam in my doubleup set so I can be TPing during that time and didn't know if it was affecting. Cheers
By Seraphpdh 2022-06-23 19:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply

IGDC said: »
Perfect, thanks for clarifying that for me. I don't use rostam in my doubleup set so I can be TPing during that time and didn't know if it was affecting. Cheers
FYI: Rostam Path C is needed to be equipped for double up ONLY if you want the 11 roll HP/MP recovery.
[+]
By warmech 2022-06-24 00:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Luzaf's ring needs to be worn during double up for extended range.
[+]
 Asura.Capgames
Server: Asura
By Asura.Capgames 2022-06-24 02:15:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Meeeeeep said: »
Is there a list of up-to-date gear sets anywhere? BG wiki is empty, and the OP hasn't been updated in a long time.

I've been slowly trying to figure them out and been posting them once I have an opinion on some sets. It's just a very time consuming process because when I do have free time, I'd rather play the game or spend my time irl :p So I'm afraid a lot of sets won't be updated on the 1st page for the time being unless someone else wants to do it.

But if you want quick info then here it is:

TP:
Glass Cannon TP set remains unchanged for cor in the past 2 years, and acc swaps is less relevant these days with ML. In higher level endgame it's hybrid sets that matters now.

Various hybrid sets are discussed on this page (104) and p100/101.

WS:
Physical WS sets now has attack capped and attack uncapped sets. SB set being the easiest to figure out so here you go.

SB uncapped:
ItemSet 383993
SB capped:
ItemSet 384959

R25 Nyame B.

I'm still working on last stand Capped/uncapped and different TP values. In general Ikenga body works best if attack is low, and WS at exactly 1000 TP. With triple shot up pushing TP above 2000, it starts losing to wsd body, unless you are attack capped again.

For mid shot set, formal TP triple shot up is the same as 2 years ago, except shinryu ring if you want racc over subtle blow.

Ikenga 5/5 if triple shot down and attack uncapped, swap hands to malig if attack is capped.

Snapshot is mostly the same as before, except shinryu ring being new.

I posted Armageddon AM3 sets a few pages back if you use that weapon. They are a little bit different from fomalhaut TP, but the difference is smaller than before.

I'm still working on magical/hybrid WSs. Especially hot shot set.

It'll require some digging and searching, but that's FFXI for you.
Its all fine and well saying just use Nyame set at R25. Problem is this is most unhelpful to alot of people who dont even have nyame or do have it but is unranked. really wish people would do alternative sets that people can use that dont thave Odyssey gear fully RP'd
 Asura.Secare
user: secare
By Asura.Secare 2022-06-24 02:52:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Capgames said: »
Its all fine and well saying just use Nyame set at R25. Problem is this is most unhelpful to alot of people who dont even have nyame or do have it but is unranked. really wish people would do alternative sets that people can use that dont thave Odyssey gear fully RP'd
The sets on the first page of this guide are still fine. There hasn't been any non-Odyssey gear that replaces the main slots of those sets and that probably won't change until empy +3 is released.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-06-24 20:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the next best alternative to Orpheus for Leaden?
By Nariont 2022-06-24 20:36:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Skyrmir cord+1 last i recall and eschan stone before that
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-06-24 20:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Is that Sveltesse Gouriz +1 listed on the main page (assuming pre-Orpheus) dated too? Pretty much comparing that, Eschan Stone, Skrymir, and Fotia.
 Shiva.Carrelo
Server: Shiva
user: Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2022-06-24 21:11:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm assuming you're talking about situations where obi conditions aren't met? That would win otherwise. So much darkness weather in endgame, and for everything else there's always SCH! :)
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2022-06-24 21:13:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont use Fotia belt for Leaden and iirc Sveltesse was there because Leaden is 100% AGI mod and the BIS Leaden set already has a lot of MAB making the AGI slightly better. You can also use Anrin Obi for double dark weather events like Dyna D and Leaden weak mobs in Ody.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-06-25 04:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks guys
By Afania 2022-06-25 04:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Capgames said: »
really wish people would do alternative sets that people can use that dont thave Odyssey gear fully RP'd

Umm that is already done -.-. If you don't have Odyssey gears, use the pre Odyssey sets on the first page...

I meant the guy who asked for the set says they needed "updated sets" because the first page is outdated, so obviously they wanted a post Odyssey set?

If I post a pre-Odyssey set that is identical to the first page then it's not really answering their question....idk why is it not helpful if pre-Odyssey set was not what they asked for.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2022-07-02 17:16:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Hust a quick question.
For savage blade spam is dermsal degen +1 still the better offhand ( I TP in full malignance)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-07-02 17:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I was under the impression that R15 Demersal Degen +1 was only necessary on COR if you need accuracy, otherwise, Blurred Knife +1 was still the go-to OH for SB spam.
[+]
By Afania 2022-07-03 05:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I was under the impression that R15 Demersal Degen +1 was only necessary on COR if you need accuracy, otherwise, Blurred Knife +1 was still the go-to OH for SB spam.

Short answer: It depends, and not really. In general gelti should be the go-to offhand, not blurred.

Long answer:
Assuming you are spamming SB and not waiting for SCing:

If your attack is uncapped and TP in 5/5 malig all the time:
Gleti r25 > crepuscular > blurred +1 > gleti r0 > degen R15

If your attack is capped and TP in malig:
Crepuscular > blurred +1 > Gleti r25 > Gleti r0 > degen R15

That being said, I rarely need to full time 50 DT if I'm not doing v20 runs so I often settle with 18-28 DT in C run. In that case:

Attack Capped:
Crepuscular > Gleti r25 > Gleti r0 > blurred +1 > degen R15

Attack uncapped:
Gleti r25 > crepuscular > Gleti r0 > blurred +1 > degen R15

Verdict:
In general, gelti should be the best offhand most of the time, this is because cor can't cap attack easily in most of the newer content these days, and even if you can, you should be swapping in PDL+ gears first before changing your OH to something else.

If you can cap attack, then crepuscular is the way to go.

If you always TP in malig and 100% sure your attack is capped in a PDL+ SB set, and you don't have crepuscular, then OH blurred can be justified.

However, as soon as your attack is uncapped or swap out of malig for more multi attack, blurred quickly fall behind gleti.

In C If you always solo a mob, and you need 2 WS to kill regardless of your SB dmg, then blurred may be justified, to reach 1000 TP for the 2nd WS 0.03-0.2 round faster depending on your TP set. But you can ended up killing the same mob with another guy anyways, and the TP speed advantage that blurred has is extremely small, so I'd still aim for higher overall dps with gleti.

Gleti also has better performance than blurred if you get hit with amnesia, which can happen in C.

The pro-degen argument was made before Nyame and ML, since most of the good wsd gear at that time were DM augment or JSE, which lacks acc. It's really not the case with Nyame and ML anymore. I wouldn't consider it.

tl;dr: Use gleti if you are not sure what to use.
[+]
By Afania 2022-07-05 03:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Daemonak said: »
Most all of the bird mobs (bats, vultures, colibri, greater bird) are a one-shot with a optimal Hot Shot set

Just sharing for anyone who doesn't know yet....hot shot also pad the parse with 99999 dmg on qutrubs ._.. on Floor 1 hot shot x1 + melee DPS can kill one sometimes.
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Server: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2022-07-05 15:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Most all of the bird mobs (bats, vultures, colibri, greater bird) are a one-shot with a optimal Hot Shot set

Just sharing for anyone who doesn't know yet....hot shot also pad the parse with 99999 dmg on qutrubs ._.. on Floor 1 hot shot x1 + melee DPS can kill one sometimes.

Can someone post an example of a hotshot set?
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-07-05 19:01:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
One on previous page.
[+]
By Afania 2022-07-06 00:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinxs said: »

Was working on it but here it is. Special thanks to Baniak's Spreadsheet again.

ItemSet 385389

Back: AGI racc rattk wsd. (Same as last stand)

-Both fotia performs extremely well. Fotia neck comfortably beats JSE+2 neck and the difference is huge. I guess ftp +0.1 is just that good if WS ftp is so low.

-Fotia waist is a bit tricky. If you ws at 1000 TP it also beats Orpheus but at higher TP Orpheus is starting to win. I guess that's because affinity multiplayer works better at higher TP.

Personally, Id default fotia waist but swap to Orpheus at high tp and WS at melee range. I'd use fotia waist on qutrubs too.(Hotshot does capped dmg on qutrubs easily so getting that fotia proc is better)

-If your attack is capped, living bullet > Chrono bullet and vice versa. I use Chrono bullet as default cuz attack sucked on cor.

- Again if your attack is capped, use mdmg augment back(same as leaden).

- lanun +3 body is a good alternative if you don't have high rank augment on Nyame body.

- This WS scales extremely well with more TP. From 1000-1250 is 14% increase and 28% increase from 1250-2250. It may be worth it to hold TP a little.

Edit: if you ws at 1250+ TP and meleeing, use O.sash.
[+]
By Homsar 2022-07-08 04:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Nyame Body surpass Lanun +3 for Leaden? If so, when?
 Valefor.Furyspawn
Server: Valefor
user: Furyspawn
By Valefor.Furyspawn 2022-07-08 08:37:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lanun Frac +3 has AGI+43, MAB+61 versus Nyame Mail's base AGI+33 and MAB+30. If we ignore SC damage and assume 3~4 MAB = 1 WSD, you'd need 8~10 WSD on the Nyame body to have a rough equivalence for the MAB+31.

Because Leaden Salute has a 100% AGI stat modifier, there's +10 added to the initial base damage (before fTP) from the Lanun Frac that's not present on Nyame. For the sake of simpler math, assuming a base AGI around 100 at MLv0 with capped merits and AGI+200 with the Lanun Frac +3 versus AGI+190 with Nyame Mail, the AGI+10 on relic body provides a 3.45% (10/290) increase. At MLv40, that difference drops to 3.03% (10/330).

That AGI+10 difference then translates to +40~100 base damage when multiplied by the fTP values, before adding the dSTAT and M.Dmg. The percent of difference that increase in damage makes to the total base damage (before MAB, WSD, etc.) will determine the amount of additional WSD needed on Nyame augments. You would most likely need another WSD+2% on the Nyame body to overcome the lower AGI, probably putting it somewhere around R22.

It's all going to depend on your total AGI and the percent that AGI+10 entails after compensating for the difference in MAB with WSD.
By SimonSes 2022-07-08 10:15:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Furyspawn said: »
probably putting it somewhere around R22.

Not even Nyame R25 is better. Magic WS damage is very easy to calculate.
By Afania 2022-07-10 14:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Umm another "in case if you don't know" thing....hot shot is also very good on ghosts. Better than wildfire, and even though wildfire can 2 shot all undeads with SC there is always the risk of people breaking the SC. May as well use hot shot on the ghosts too.

I am starting to feel that it's probably more convenient to compile a list of ideal WS for each mob groups in seg farm. I can't find such info anywhere it seems ._.
[+]
By Gruknor 2022-07-10 22:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Umm another "in case if you don't know" thing....hot shot is also very good on ghosts. Better than wildfire, and even though wildfire can 2 shot all undeads with SC there is always the risk of people breaking the SC. May as well use hot shot on the ghosts too.

I am starting to feel that it's probably more convenient to compile a list of ideal WS for each mob groups in seg farm. I can't find such info anywhere it seems ._.

Please do that, me and the corsair community would appreciate your effort.
[+]
 Asura.Asalith
user: Smegpot
By Asura.Asalith 2022-07-11 06:50:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's my current list:
Hot Shot: Bat, Bats, Puk, Bhoot, Colibri, Qutrub and Vulture
Leaden*: Wyvern, Karakul, Puk, Rarab, Colibri, Crab, Marid, Jagil, Bugard, Ziz, Raptor, Leopard, Mamools**, Ram and Lotanu
Wildfire***: Skeles and Bhoot
Last Stand***: Lamia

WS Prio list is: Hot Shot > Leaden > Savage > WF > Last Stand

A good way to maximise Hot Shot / Leaden uptime is to solo camps when the tank pulls unfavourable mobs: If a tank pulls skeles and there's a camp of colibri next to it; use triple shot to solo the colibri with ranged attack and Hot Shot.

Mobs to avoid:
Lamia - Self SCs get interrupted too much and Last Stand is weak
Dahaks - Lower floors are fine but leave these to the big hitters
Skeles - Same as Lamia
Agon Viscount - Hundred fists and counter really hurt dual wielders

*Floor 4 certain mobs MEva gets pretty high so I swap back to Savage
**Use dark shot with Empy boots prior to Leaden on Mamools to dispel shell or shock spikes for added dmg
***Avoid these WS if you can
[+]
 Sylph.Shadida
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadida 2022-07-11 14:07:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a returning player - is it still useful to have Blood Mask or Mirke Wardecors with QD recast delay -X until I have the job gifts, or is it universally better to have ilvl in those slots instead?
First Page 2 3 ... 104 105 106 ... 121 122 123