users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Garbage Campaigns Next Month
Garbage Campaigns Next Month
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By fonewear 2018-01-30 16:33:43
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
iambatman3131 said: »
They need a blist function on ffxiah.com for certain people!
There's a block button right next to quote and pm

If only it worked on the moderators ! Anyways the campaign may be beneficial to new players yes. But attracting new players to a game this old. I don't see a big market for that.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2018-01-30 17:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
Im sure everyone wants CP, dynamis, omen, vagary, gaes fate campaign in a permanent loop. That is not going to happen.

Delve and seal battlefield campaign is ok. Can farm up pops for escha or the shark for gil.

This content is perfectly suited for returning, new and less well geared groups and you know they exist.

For shark you mean Dakuwaqa? I dont get why he would be reference for money as the delve 2 zones have better drops/more plasm, unless im missing something.

Talking about the shark i know its old content but whats people have been using to deal against gimmick NMs like Faded Cracklaw? I just know the strat mnk formless strike then WS at mobs TP move but i dont plan taking a mnk there, maybe blu or smn.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-01-30 17:28:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Talking about the shark i know its old content but whats people have been using to deal against gimmick NMs like Faded Cracklaw? I just know the strat mnk formless strike then WS at mobs TP move but i dont plan taking a mnk there, maybe blu or smn.
smn can easily swap between physical and magic damage, blu can self sc-mb for magic
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-01-30 18:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I cleared all Delve zones last week with: Blm, Idris Geo, Empy Blu, 3-song Brd, Cor, Whm.

Blm and Geo would deal with Black Magic/Enfeebling stuff, Cor with ranged mechanics, Blu with blunt/piercing/slashing, and Brd would enfeeble + buff.
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2018-01-30 18:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Im sure everyone wants CP, dynamis, omen, vagary, gaes fate campaign in a permanent loop. That is not going to happen.

Delve and seal battlefield campaign is ok. Can farm up pops for escha or the shark for gil.

This content is perfectly suited for returning, new and less well geared groups and you know they exist.

For shark you mean Dakuwaqa? I dont get why he would be reference for money as the delve 2 zones have better drops/more plasm, unless im missing something.

Blu has good coverage of different damage types. A nuker like sch or blm also works to get them down quickly with MBs and avoided prolonged fights. But we don't do it often enough for me to remember.

Asura.Eiryl said: »

Teeth, for relic+3 feet, specifically, or could've meant pakecet, looks like *beaten

I mean get plasm for rockfin tooth, but I may have also meant killing the shark. I don't remember really, it was early in the morning but the gist of it is, delve campaign is good money.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Server: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2018-01-31 02:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

This is why they dont make good events every month because people become spoiled little babies. People crying because the events don't fit them so lolunsub. So go man and play outside or play with legos if you feel the campaign is bad. If you been on the game this long you won't be gone long.
[+]
By geigei 2018-01-31 02:07:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Many been asking permament campaigns, the way i see it is just another cookie to make ppl log and pay the sub.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-31 02:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Campaigns are all that keep some people subbed

No reason to keep them up full time, just enough to keep you paying is all that matters
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-01-31 06:07:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
This is why they dont make good events every month because people become spoiled little babies. People crying because the events don't fit them so lolunsub. So go man and play outside or play with legos if you feel the campaign is bad. If you been on the game this long you won't be gone long.
Preach!
By kishr 2018-01-31 06:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

delve campaign is a good gill, not sure why so much wine.
boss double points, so 120k for just killing boss.
you get a chance to lot boss drops.
every 2nd run can buy a boss drop for 300k plasm.
stinger, crest and pelt all sell for 700k each and fast.
By kishr 2018-01-31 06:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

double post but,
macrocosm campaign is good gill too
 Asura.Heeroyuy
By Asura.Heeroyuy 2018-01-31 09:30:08
Link | Quote | Reply

kishr said: »
double post but,
macrocosm campaign is good gill too

While totally true, this month is only Kindred Crests, not Sacreds
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2018-01-31 10:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm with drakenv and Comeatmebro on this. The amount of whining about ***ffs ppl are you on a permanent rag? If your that unhappy about ***gtfo my good lord. "I'm not happy cause these things don't cater to me wahwah wah" Geesus fn Christ please just quit. If ppl who are as accomplished as them can STILL have fun in this game what the eff......goddamn crybabies
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-01-31 11:12:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I take RDM/NIN, GEO, BRD if I ever need to farm this zone. RDM can impact the uragnite, plenty of magic/physical dmg between the GEO and RDM to kill in a timely manner. Usually 15~20m runs. Would take my BLU > RDM, but GEO doesn't have a twilight cloak and i'm just too lazy to spam ***on Uragnite.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-01-31 11:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the whining is justified... those saying other wise are just giving SE a free pass on any bull doo doo they release...

Lets face it... SE is treating ffxi like garbage... no idea on how to balance the job meta... weak campaigns... the most worthless event was created thats not even new content and is super easy... and no road map...

FFXI needs love... lots of it... not snorenamais and cupcake campaigns
 Shiva.Cahota
Server: Shiva
user: cahota420
By Shiva.Cahota 2018-01-31 11:15:11
Link | Quote | Reply

i remember a time before campaigns. getting 200 xp a kill to do anything in game, campaigns are just a bonus now days, they dont even need to do that.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-01-31 11:24:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Cahota said: »
i remember a time before campaigns. getting 200 xp a kill to do anything in game, campaigns are just a bonus now days, they dont even need to do that.
Fact
By clearlyamule 2018-01-31 11:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Back in my day I waited for bst mobs to call their pets out to get another kill and rested in between. And had to walk not warp or chocobo 3-4 hours uphill both ways to the camp. Would just log out there because too long otherwise.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jumeya
Server: Fenrir
user: Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2018-01-31 11:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Depending on your group composition, you might want to evaluate the time vs plasm / gil drop return clearing Delve 1 vs Delve 2.

Average clear times on Yorciea at 3 players with trust over a 50 sample has been 9 minutes, and 14 minutes for Khamir (stupid ram) and Marj).
 Bahamut.Scizor
Server: Bahamut
user: Scizor
By Bahamut.Scizor 2018-01-31 11:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Back in my day I waited for bst mobs to call their pets out to get another kill and rested in between. And had to walk not warp or chocobo 3-4 hours uphill both ways to the camp. Would just log out there because too long otherwise.
And god forbid if signet wore off
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-01-31 11:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Scizor said: »
And god forbid if signet wore off
F that I remember spamming merits and exp with 0 bonuses being in dunes for months to get many jobs past 30 oh the memories
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-01-31 11:48:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jumeya said: »
Depending on your group composition, you might want to evaluate the time vs plasm / gil drop return clearing Delve 1 vs Delve 2.

Average clear times on Yorciea at 3 players with trust over a 50 sample has been 9 minutes, and 14 minutes for Khamir (stupid ram) and Marj).

Fact! I take brd/geo/dd to Yorica usually clear zone before songs wear. I'll be doing plenty more this campaign to prepare my geo for an Idris.
 Bismarck.Gippali
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2018-01-31 11:59:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
I think the whining is justified... those saying other wise are just giving SE a free pass on any bull doo doo they release...

Lets face it... SE is treating ffxi like garbage... no idea on how to balance the job meta... weak campaigns... the most worthless event was created thats not even new content and is super easy... and no road map...

Hey...at least you get a damn campaign. The campaign I'm stuck in sucks ***.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-01-31 12:52:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Gippali said: »
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »

Hey...at least you get a damn campaign. The campaign I'm stuck in sucks ***.

Campaign vacation
Double drops in life
Reduce ezpass fare
Happy hour fiesta

Cant wait to outparse you when your back
[+]
By Afania 2018-01-31 14:15:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like trolling to me, lol. Heavy Metal is only less than 60k each now, if I remember correctly VW campaign Gil/per used to be 2m/hr avg per character back when it was 100k/each, now it's probably more like 1.5m/hr per character avg.

My fastest Kamihr run with 2 people(COR+GEO) + 1 leech is 9 min by leaden self darkness SC + AE cleaving. After 1hr of spamming, assuming 10 min break between KI renewal or small wc breaks between runs, that would be 5 runs in an hour= 900k(180k x 5 = 900k) plasm/hr= 3 delve mat.

1 waktza crest or cehuetzi pelt = 650k minimum, 3=1.95m gil/hr each person. And the price may even go back up next month if delve mats no longer buyable with log in points.

Assuming 2 pelts drops in 5 runs and split 3 ways, each person adds another 430k. So that's roughly 2.4m/hr per character in delve. If you split 2 ways(since 3rd person is just a leech) that's 2.6m/hr.

The only advantage of doing VW for gil is that you can alt tab YouTube videos/bot/afk/or multi box 3+ characters for more gil. Otherwise delve is way better for Gil farm IMO.

Never mind the fact that VW farming is horribly boring and frustrating due to RNG factor in it. At least delve income is consistent and it provides opportunities to help newer people by letting them leech plasm/gears. So bonus point to good karma.

CP campaign doesn't always benefit everyone. For people that doesn't need CP, it just makes other random event party harder to make for zero benefit. On average it takes 30 min for me to organize an ambu VD pt on NA prime time whenever I want to do them by dragging people from LS, whenever CP campaign is active itd take more than a couple of hours if entire LS are CPing, people are also less willing to do ambuscade even if they still need a lot of points. So it only really benefits people that needs CP, for those who doesn't need CP it's actually an disadvantage.

I'd take delve campaign over CP and VW personally.

(*brb resubbing)
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-01-31 14:19:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Pil used to be way better than pure Heavy Metal farming back when Pil's tuilles were worth 1m+.

In 200 kills, which took about 3 hours during campaign, you'd get about 65 plates and 10 Tiulles, for ~18m.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-31 14:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Pil used to be way better than pure Heavy Metal farming back when Pil's tuilles were worth 1m+.

In 200 kills, which took about 3 hours during campaign, you'd get about 65 plates and 10 Tiulles, for ~18m.

A long time ago, people tended to agree that the drops you got from kaggen/pil/akvan far outweighed the low % of pouches (and low plates per pouch). Single HMP from t3 is ~40% vs ~7 plate pouches @ 5%

(8/20 singles vs 7/20 qilin/aello) (rough numbers etc)

At some point people decided they'd rather do pouches.

But yeah, delve (with campaign up) is more money, but more effort.
By Afania 2018-01-31 14:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
But yeah, delve (with campaign up) is more money, but more effort.

The real reason why I hate VW is because of RNG frustration.....

It's really not fun to spam it mindlessly for an hour and see no drops, then another guy shows off with "Just got 3 pouches in an hour".
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-31 14:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, delve rewards all participants equally. It's a fantastic team up event/money event.

Used to be my favorite to do/run when it was relevant. Now you can't convince anyone to care.

VW is past it's prime and something people just automate now. or do because they can't get into something more lucrative. They really needed to update the rng for value items, abj and r/e items should've never shared a slot with hmp/dross/cinder
[+]