Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-01-30 09:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Why are they not releasing a Sinister Reign campaign, that's really what everyone wants right now (along with Dynamis D in campaign). It shouldn't take me one million bayld to come out with an imperfect Dampening Tam, and 2 MAB+4 Malevolences. Quit with the *** campaigns and give the people something they want.

This is exactly why it gets no campaign. If you're actively doing it (SR shouts literally every day) expect there to -never- be a campaign.

Dienamis won't get a campaign for about 9 more months.

I've noticed this too. They tend to only do campaigns for content no one participates in anymore in order to boost the overall content people play. I think it's to make out-of-date content feel more valuable and/or expand the content you do that month. Let's face it, most people are just doing Ambuscade on a monthly basis and then whatever the monthly campaign offers.
By kishr 2018-01-30 10:14:26
Link | Quote | Reply

picture with words on it
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2018-01-30 10:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

kishr said: »
picture with words on it
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-30 10:35:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I know, that's really what sucks. I could take a poll of how many people right now have burned through millions of Bayld trying to get a perfect Sam Body/tights Malevolence Dampening Tam Founders gear, but everyone seems to get Enticer's Purgation Fanatics gloves capped np.

Seriously, the random augment system in Sinister Reign is compounded by even more randomness by not being able to choose the NMs you fight. It's single-handedly the most frustrating event to farm one particular item. You have to be after several things and just hope one of the things you wanted happens to drop and is capped. So stupid.
[+]
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2018-01-30 10:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

a SR campaign where an extra item always drops from each SR run that you would have to pick as your reward that lets you trade that item + a SR gear piece to reroll the augments on that piece for chance at a perfect, farm like 10 and your chances of a good augment on that 1 piece are pretty good.

i want this SR campaign.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-01-30 10:53:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The double plasm campaign is kind of amazing.

Yorcia/kamhir can be run as fast as salvage (<15 minutes) and make significantly more gil/hour. It's even much better than VW lights campaign.

Though, vw is pretty simple to bot, and plasm would be much harder to automate(to be efficient). and, alex sells much faster than plasm items (unless you then merc abj's with plasm items)
The actual run is pretty fast the problem is the pop. Last campaign I once spent a good 40 minutes farming the yggrete to do a 10-15 minute run lol
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-30 11:08:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't care how they do it, but something should be done to give player a bit of an improvement over normal augments. I don't know how you could do it. Perhaps allow several drops per boss (1-3). I'd have to think it over.

My guess is, if they actually implement one, it will be a sorry excuse for a campaign created lazily, by just halving the amount of bayld required to participate. Which will be a slap in the face.
By fonewear 2018-01-30 11:14:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Smoky said: »
Be back in March if I see Voidwatch or CP bonus campaigns. Straight garbage for February.

Agreed this is some ***tier campaign.
By fonewear 2018-01-30 11:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are they not releasing a Sinister Reign campaign, that's really what everyone wants right now (along with Dynamis D in campaign). It shouldn't take me one million bayld to come out with an imperfect Dampening Tam, and 2 MAB+4 Malevolences. Quit with the *** campaigns and give the people something they want.

I've spent way too much time trying to get perfect daggers too and I settled on just having 2 instead of one.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-30 11:27:48
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
I once spent a good 40 minutes farming the yggrete to do a 10-15 minute run lol

When you know double is coming, prefarm the yggrete and dbox to self. You can hold a good 50 pops that way. (dbox does actually get too full to send more, but i dont know how full)

I don't care how they do it, but something should be done to give player a bit of an improvement over normal augments. I don't know how you could do it. Perhaps allow several drops per boss (1-3). I'd have to think it over.

My guess is, if they actually implement one, it will be a sorry excuse for a campaign created lazily, by just halving the amount of bayld required to participate. Which will be a slap in the face.

Kinda your own fault... you people don't *** enough about the random on random on random events. You just blindly do them. Nothing will ever change when you just do it even though it's ***.

(random on random on random; Random enemy, with random loot, with random augs. ((SR))
random ki, with random enmity, with random lootcrates, for random jobs, with random augs. ((infailsion)))

The more times the word random describes your event, the shittier it is. #***
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-01-30 11:30:05
Link | Quote | Reply

We've discussed SR a few different times on these forums over the years. Not that it matters (SE doesn't read what is posted here nor care about their NA customers), but the general consensus here of the easiest fix (what do we know?) would be to make it so that you fight all of the characters in each SR run and get a drop to select from all advesaries.

As it is, players tear through these fights. It would be easy to beat them all within the allowed time. In this way you would see your perferred target, though possibly not the drop and still likely not the capped augment, every fight... Eliminating some of the RNG due to kill speed/skill but not all of the RNG.

As it is now, many don't SR. As mentioned, with so few pieces of interest remaining, the numbers are not on our side to see something new.

On topic, when was the last time we saw a new campaign? Like something that had not been done before? I'm not sure the current team is capable of anything other than selecting from current options... They probably have a dart board somewhere with Sage Sundi's face on it (The meme of him being all ??? about basic stuff) which is used to select the monthly campaigns outside of November (which is just all on for different weeks).
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-01-30 11:31:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
We've discussed SR a few different times on these forums over the years. Not that it matters (SE doesn't read what is posted here nor care about their NA customers), but the general consensus here of the easiest fix (what do we know?) would be to make it so that you fight all of the characters in each SR run and get a drop to select from all advesaries.

As it is, players tear through these fights. It would be easy to beat them all within the allowed time. In this way you would see your perferred target, though possibly not the drop and still likely not the capped augment, every fight... Eliminating some of the RNG due to kill speed/skill but not all of the RNG.

As it is now, many don't SR. As mentioned, with so few pieces of interest remaining, the numbers are not on our side to see something new.

On topic, when was the last time we saw a new campaign? Like something that had not been done before? I'm not sure the current team is capable of anything other than selecting from current options... They probably have a dart board somewhere with Sage Sundi's face on it (The meme of him being all ??? about basic stuff) which is used to select the monthly campaigns outside of November (which is just all on for different weeks).
How did you know!
By clearlyamule 2018-01-30 11:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

When you know double is coming, prefarm the yggrete and dbox to self. You can hold a good 50 pops that way. (dbox does actually get too full to send more, but i dont know how full)
Oh I do. Actually buy quite a few off the ah slowly. Just adding the efficiency isn't nearly as good as the fast run makes it seem
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-30 11:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Heavily doubt they'd make an adjustment to SR to allow fighting all bosses, as they'd have to change the content. That would be really cool, though. Or even all at once?

I've always long enjoyed the concept of the event, where you fight storied NPCs for direct drops from the instance. There's a Heroine Holdfast nonsense event that allows you to fight female NPCs, and there's a handful of other scenarios where you have to fight a real story NPC for some quest (Maat, MNK at 95 cap).

What I'd really like to see if them combine the concept of Sinister Reign across many other non SoA characters so you can fight 5-10 bosses for other unique drops. And I know just the zone that is currently useless that we could hold it in (The Colisseum).
By iambatman3131 2018-01-30 12:00:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda your own fault... you people don't *** enough about the random on random on random events. You just blindly do them. Nothing will ever change when you just do it even though it's ***.

(random on random on random; Random enemy, with random loot, with random augs. ((SR))
random ki, with random enmity, with random lootcrates, for random jobs, with random augs. ((infailsion)))

iirc you can have 255 items rotated through your dbox at 1 time.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-30 12:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

It's much lower than that, it'll tell you "recipients delivery box is full" at 100 or so

I had actually never seen that message before, until recently
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2018-01-30 12:04:35
Link | Quote | Reply

There will be small campaigns mid-month probably, otherwise this month is kinda bad.
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2018-01-30 12:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

iambatman3131 said: »

iirc you can have 255 items rotated through your dbox at 1 time.

You never succesfully stole the Genji Set from Elmdor with a 5% rate, i see.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/197339-final-fantasy-tactics/48315532

#changeYourLuck
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2018-01-30 12:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Im sure everyone wants CP, dynamis, omen, vagary, gaes fate campaign in a permanent loop. That is not going to happen.

Delve and seal battlefield campaign is ok. Can farm up pops for escha or the shark for gil.

This content is perfectly suited for returning, new and less well geared groups and you know they exist.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-01-30 12:18:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
Im sure everyone wants CP, dynamis, omen, vagary, gaes fate campaign in a permanent loop. That is not going to happen.

Delve and seal battlefield campaign is ok. Can farm up pops for escha or the shark for gil.

This content is perfectly suited for returning, new and less well geared groups and you know they exist.
Best response for the day
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-30 12:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azriel said: »
You never succesfully stole the Genji Set from Elmdor with a 5% rate, i see.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/197339-final-fantasy-tactics/48315532

#changeYourLuck

Random is fine, in single player. I of course got that set.... I could never get the Goo-King sword in BoF though, damn thing...

Drop Rate 1/256
http://bof.wikia.com/wiki/Goo_King_(Breath_of_Fire_III)
[+]
 Asura.Smoky
user: Aubain
By Asura.Smoky 2018-01-30 12:19:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Hot Steamy Garbage! Already unsubbed both my toons.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-30 12:27:52
Link | Quote | Reply

+1 for BoF and FFT references
By clearlyamule 2018-01-30 12:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Naw just give me perma infinite dark matter trollings
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-01-30 12:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Hot Steamy Garbage! Already unsubbed both my toons.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-30 12:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Earlybird grats on your PET: INT +10 augments.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-01-30 12:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing beats katana pet augments...
 Asura.Smoky
user: Aubain
By Asura.Smoky 2018-01-30 12:33:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Just go outside this month dude, you have officially done too much FFXIing when you have to defend the Campaigns next month.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-01-30 12:40:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Just go outside this month dude, you have officially done too much FFXIing when you have to defend the Campaigns next month.
Not defending just love seeing the tears when people threaten unsubbing like that’s going to do something let alone whining on a non SE ffxi forum.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-30 12:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »

Nothing beats katana pet augments...

Just got this today. Its needed for when you /smn mew