Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 285 286 287 ... 424 425 426
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2022-05-23 12:08:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Defining factor of REMA is they don't get left behind they have gone through 75, 99, 119, 119+ , 119++ and 119+++ cycles plus augments, they are intended to be the ultimate weapons, and no doubt there will be a future upgrade to all of them even if its just to keep the grind going, and even if the the upgrades don't bring all of them up to par.

I noted for example the RP rank up only caps at 15 from those weapons. SE could easily uncap to 25 and scale up or add new stats just from the aguments if they choose. But most likely they will just get get re-spoecced at some point.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-05-23 13:44:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »
How do ambu weapons have 4 out of 6?

They dont meet points 1(not unique in the slightest),
They have an unique model.
Shared with Pulse Weapons, but you need pulse weapons to get the final step of Ambu weapons so you can sorta consider them one and the same. Like Ambu weapons are an ilevel version of the Pulse Weapons, sort of.

Quote:
2(no quest)
I said Unique Quest / Acquisition Method.
The Ambu weapons have a shared quest coming from Abdhaljs.
It's pretty simple and nothing compared to the Relic or especially the Mythic ones, but then again the same could be said about Aeonic, so...
As simple as it is, I think Ambu weapons fit this point.

Ambu Weapons are basically missing the 269 skill and the Aftermath.
Personally I think the grind part is pretty debateable.
I mean there is a grind undoubtely, and if you start from zero it's gonna take you a few months (Ambu monthly gating) and you will have to farm a Pulse Weapon etc.
Also the stuff you get with Ambu Points, you could think of that in terms of "gil".
All the points you spend into that stuff, it's points you could've spent elsewhere for stuff that you could sell on AH.
Well, at least for the average player I mean.

Even with all of these things being said, I still believe the grind part of Ambu Weapons is nowhere close as the grind required for RMEA.
Could the same be said about Divergence Weapons?
Well... I dunno. If you buy Heroism Crystal it's gonna be quite an expensive grind, plus you have the basic cost of the weapon.
Sure they're cheaper nowadays compared to when they were >120m each, but it's still a considerable amount of gil and this puts them a step above Ambu weapons, in my humble opinion, at least for the "grind" part.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-05-23 14:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldnt consider Ambuscade Weapons to be a "REMA", just based on what SE said before they released them. They wanted to make a line of weapons that was easier to obtain than top of the line options (paraphrasing, I don't know where it is and not looking for it). Something casuals could obtain relatively easily. Based on their own description, it didn't seem they were classifying them into this category. Now, you could argue that Ambu weapons are made in "stages", and that it resembles REMA weapons, which is true. Paired with the fact that some Ambu weapons flat out beat or compete heavily with REMA counterparts, it's fair to make the conclusion that they could be considered REMA. But I have always looked at REMA weapons as more job-specific bonuses, rather than just broad improvements from a weapon itself. Naegling may be extremely powerful enough to categorize as a REMA weapon, but it's unique factor is split across a lot of jobs. I would have considered Naegling a REMA weapon if only 3-4 sword users could wield it. I would have considered Shining One a REMA if only DRG could use it. etc. I feel like they threw out an easy button and that all of the jobs got the same options, but it wasn't specific to a particular job, so it's technically "not" a REMA (my opinion).

Frankly, the term REMA is meaningless as far as damage consideration is concerned, since that is all relevant and "depends". Relic weapons, for example, are "weaker" than some current non REMA/Ambu weapons, under certain conditions. You wouldn't reasonably declassify Relics in the REMA umbrella simply because they are "Weaker". I think the term is always applied to unique-model upper tier weapons that are very "powerful". With that said, I would include Dynamis weapons into the REMA bucket because their models are super unique, and the stats they offer are clearly job/role specific. Imagine if the exact same jobs that can use Naegling could use Crocea Mors. It wouldn't feel as unique and catered to the job itself.

Just my 2c, means nothing
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-05-23 14:12:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I wouldnt consider Ambuscade Weapons to be a "REMA"
Me neither!
Which is exactely why I said that we shouldn't be judging wether a weapon is RMEA or not by its inherent strength.
If we were to do that, several Ambuscade weapons would be RMEA weapons...
Of course in terms of "model" they are closer to RMEA than, say, a weapon that simply drops from a NM or a content.

Quote:
But I have always looked at REMA weapons as more job-specific bonuses
Other than Mythic weapons and arguably Relics, I'm not sure that would be a fitting way to define RMEA.
What exactly improves a job in a weapon like Empys or Aeonic?
There's better Ru'aun weapons that "enhance jobs" more than Empys or Aeonic
(let's not consider Instruments/Shields please)
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2022-05-23 14:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Just my 2c, means nothing
YOU MEAN SOMETHING TO ME BUUKKI <3
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-05-23 14:59:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
ther than Mythic weapons and arguably Relics, I'm not sure that would be a fitting way to define RMEA.

Yeah, I hate definitions, because then you create a standard and then try to find examples of where the definition doesn't apply to something, which disqualifies it from being what it actually is. I just was giving my particular point on it.

If we want to appropriately categorize these arms, the only official way to define a REMA is whatever SE says is a REMA. They've never officially termed Bonanza weapons, Ambuscade Weapons, or Dynamis Weapons as REMAs, so technically, they are not, no matter how strong they are comparatively. If we are going from a player's perspective (which completely ignores what SE calls it), our definition is going to be defined by many of the things outlined in previous posts. So it's just a relative distinction. I was simply stating why I (i specifically mentioned it was my own opinion) felt certain line of weapons were/were not REMA.

Asura.Sechs said: »
What exactly improves a job in a weapon like Empys or Aeonic?
There's better Ru'aun weapons that "enhance jobs" more than Empys or Aeonic
(let's not consider Instruments/Shields please)

Well, why would you have to include this caveat here? That's kind of disingenuous. Those weapons absolutely improve the associated jobs, even if all of the other ones hardly are more than "damage" bonuses. I don't feel like going through the whole list, but I will say that Aeonics are clearly the most lazily-implemented weapons to date. They copy and pasted stats onto every single weapon, even mage ones. Empyreans are definitely more damage-oriented weapons, but the fact that they limited the job spread on both Aeonic and Empyrean weapons shows that they wanted the weapons to be unique for each job, even if the stats are mostly just the same type (WSD+%, attribute, acc/AM etc). They also tried a little bit with some of the weapons, to make them feel more useful to the job (Gambanteinn, Hvergelmir, Khatvanga). They didn't do a great job of distinguishing the stats on each weapon, but the general idea was there (DD jobs got DD bonuses, Mages got some mage buffs, PLD got tanky stuff on his shields).
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-05-23 15:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, why would you have to include this caveat here?
Because:
1) They're not weapons
2) There are no upgrades past lv 99
3) They're just a bunch of exceptions out of a moltitude of weapons that strictly follow the pattern that SE decided for that category.

They're just that, "exceptions", and that's it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-06-01 22:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

So I guess you can have a Loud Thud even without the Belligerent Bang. N>N>T>T>LT>mimic because I was just bumrushing to the last 2 chests since no BB message came up.
[+]
By Seun 2022-06-02 01:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
So I guess you can have a Loud Thud even without the Belligerent Bang. N>N>T>T>LT>mimic because I was just bumrushing to the last 2 chests since no BB message came up.

I think we were still trying to find someone who got a LT that was after BB went away, but before the 9th or center chest.
[+]
 Shiva.Larrymc
Server: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2022-06-02 03:54:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I have had many loud thuds without the BB message. Whenever I get the BB message it is an indication that there are *two* loud thuds left.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-06-02 04:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

1. LT can be without BB
2. BB doesn't mean there are 2 LT
3. 9th chest with only 2 unopened left turning to rainbow is not what BB msg is pointing at. This mechanic is completely separate.

Seun said: »
I think we were still trying to find someone who got a LT that was after BB went away, but before the 9th or center chest.

We are not trying to find someone who get LT without BB between 4 and 8 chests (there was plenty of people who got it), but we are trying to find someone who get rare LT drop in such scenario and not just shitty shard etc.
[+]
By Seun 2022-06-02 05:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
We are not trying to find someone who get LT without BB between 4 and 8 chests (there was plenty of people who got it), but we are trying to find someone who get rare LT drop in such scenario and not just shitty shard etc.

You misunderstood me. I'm already past the BB = better loot idea. Just trying to nail down the theory about BB relating to a specific box and not the entire pool. Most people will take the first LT and split, but maybe some people will push for 9 every time.
[+]
 Shiva.Larrymc
Server: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2022-06-02 08:12:59
Link | Quote | Reply

BB doesn't mean there are 2 LT
I do not believe this is the case - the only time I have gotten two loud thuds is when I get the BB message.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-06-02 09:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, that's not true. I got 2 LTs last night (one was the last chest).

[+]
By Seun 2022-06-02 09:23:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Larrymc said: »
I do not believe this is the case - the only time I have gotten two loud thuds is when I get the BB message.

Not counting the 9th or center chest, BB means you have 1* LT among the remaining chests.

* 1 guaranteed LT, others still possible
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-06-02 09:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

There's obviously several mechanics at play, which SimonSays and Seun has indicated. I think a lot of people (myself included) see their own experiences in the Trove and are somewhat dogmatic about a few of the mechanics (understandable, it's still new), seeing trends in them that don't really exist. Or at least haven't been validated.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-06-02 10:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

1. LT can be without BB
2. BB doesn't mean there are 2 LT
3. 9th chest with only 2 unopened left turning to rainbow is not what BB msg is pointing at. This mechanic is completely separate.

Seun said: »

I posted a pic of a LT between 4-8 with Volte in it in earlier pages. I wasn’t thinking when I posted last night about no BB preset and a LT there because clearly I’ve gotten it multiple times, I should have just went to bed.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-06-02 10:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Larrymc said: »

BB means there is one LT guaranteed among remaining chests. It doesn't mean there are 2, but also doesn't mean there aren't two.
This is not counting 9th chests transforming to rainbow. Also if you won't find that guaranteed LT chest before you open 8th chest, then that guaranteed LT might transform to rainbow (or possibly to gold and you lose LT then?)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-06-02 11:09:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I know it was mentioned before (I think), but just wanted to reiterate (in case someone asks) that the 9th chest transforming isn't always a LT/Rainbow. Just did a run where the 9th turned gold and it was a Thud, which was the first time that's happened out of the 4~5 times I've gotten an upgraded 9th chest.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-06-02 11:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I’m about 50/50 with the last chest changing to rainbow VS gold.
[+]
 Odin.Lusiphur
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-06-02 13:09:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I’m about 50/50 with the last chest changing to rainbow VS gold.
That's how it was for me during this campaign. Also saw a few Venus runs with 0 loud thuds. Good times.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2022-06-02 13:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk how y’all are getting that far. I pop a mom in after 2-3, usually on the first. What’s y’all’s secret?
[+]
 Odin.Lusiphur
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-06-02 13:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Idk how y’all are getting that far. I pop a mom in after 2-3, usually on the first. What’s y’all’s secret?
It's a numbers game.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-06-02 15:10:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

8 characters running it and always doing the same chest order.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-06-02 16:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I took Sroda Tathlum out to check whether it works on WSs.
Aero:
1241 x1
1551 x1
1551/1241 = 1.25

Vidohunirs:
12962 x 8
16202 x 1
16202/12962 = 1.25

So it works on magic WSs too.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-06-02 16:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Was this not reported like 2 months ago? I didn't know it was considered up in the air still.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-06-02 16:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't expect everyone to see every post

And the wiki still has zero info
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-06-02 16:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I couldn't remember if magic WSs were tested and couldn't guess where to look for the testing, so I just tested it again.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-06-03 02:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/59566-Announcing-the-June-Version-Update

Quote:
Our 20th Vana’versary Return Home to Vana’diel Campaign was wildly successful
Quote:
Our 20th Vana’versary broadcast was also a rousing success
If...if... you say so....

Quote:
We’ve made some adjustments to the qutrub battle from its previous incarnation, so it should post fewer headaches than the last go around. Just be careful that your HP doesn’t stay too low for too long.
Quote:
We’ve also made some adjustments to Domain Invasion, in particularly the Spike Flail ability used by particular foes.
[+]
By Draylo 2022-06-03 03:31:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/59566-Announcing-the-June-Version-Update

Quote:
Our 20th Vana’versary Return Home to Vana’diel Campaign was wildly successful
Quote:
Our 20th Vana’versary broadcast was also a rousing success
If...if... you say so....

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 285 286 287 ... 424 425 426