New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 284 285 286 ... 427 428 429
By Seun 2022-05-21 16:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
They already said these are called Prime weapons though. Not “Dark Relics”. So yeah.

But, we already did have a “D” weapon with the Su5 Dynamis Divegence line. Which lots of people already worked into the acronym, usuallt as “DREAM”.

DREAM until we realize how much grind is involved and they then become NIGHTMARE.
[+]
By Nariont 2022-05-21 17:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bonanza weapons likely to stay bonanza to keep the reward factor of rank1 since its currently pretty weak otherwise compared to what it once was.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-05-21 19:00:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder why are you guys using REMA instead of RMEA?
I fail to grasp the logic behind REMA :x
[+]
By Seun 2022-05-21 19:17:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »

Probably because saying REMA is easier/shorter than saying RMEA or sounding it out.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-05-21 19:20:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Because we are not setting a imagined rule that it needs to be chronological and REMA sounds better?

Btw dynamis-D weapons are Superior 5 weapons, so why not give them S? With P from Prime we will then get MS. RAPE?
Some people here could then say that's analogy and prediction for future, that SE will rape us even harder :D (personally I'm not disappointed with what we are getting, but 31$ I need to pay for main account to play semi comfortably, kinda feels like a rape, especially that salary in my country are much smaller and price for FFXI is still the same)
[+]
By Vaerix 2022-05-21 19:23:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bunch of ways you could dice it, I always thought REMA was due to generic power/damage levels on the weapons, typically relic having the lowest base damage and aeonic having the highest. Could also be remnant of the difficulty of the grind when all 4 were originally released as getting through aeonic originally was pretty difficult. Also it's easier to say and reference out loud as REMA

RAEM could be for the ease of grind now with years of power creep,

RMEA for chronological release.

Those are just my thoughts.
[+]
By Vaerix 2022-05-21 19:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

Because we are not setting a imagined rule that it needs to be chronological and REMA sounds better?

Btw dynamis-D weapons are Superior 5 weapons, so why not give them S? With P from Prime we will then get MS. RAPE?
Some people here could then say that's analogy and prediction for future, that SE will rape us even harder :D (personally I'm not disappointed with what we are getting, but 31$ I need to pay for main account to play semi comfortably, kinda feels like a rape, especially that salary in my country are much smaller and price for FFXI is still the same)

I prefer "Dynamis" to "Superior", and if we really break it all down with Empyrean and Ergon being separate on prime release we see what SE really did to the player base.

"RAPED 'EM"
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-05-21 20:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't they use the acronym "RMEA" in the JP article as well? Or did I dream about it? :x
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-05-22 01:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure why people exclude Dyna D weapons personally. They cost a similar amount of gil and the augment process had you doing a mind numbing amount of the cutting edge content at the time (still hard for a lot of people) and they can absolutely be as strong as the other weapons with some intense job-based enhancements. They're not all amazing but you can say that about literally any of the ultimate weapon lines.

No easier to make or get than a relic weapon really, maybe even some empyreans. Could also be seen as equal or harder than Aeonics depending on your ability to deal with Reisenjima HELMs since Aeonics require no gil investment (outside of Swart) and have no other steps.

To me they were just a lazy new ultimate weapon addition.
[+]
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2022-05-22 14:19:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Idris isn't amazing, give me a Bhima GEO please.
By Nariont 2022-05-22 14:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Not sure why people exclude Dyna D weapons personally.

Not attained via a questline, and no AM effect would be the only technical reasons to not consider them rema tier
[+]
 Ragnarok.Siyual
Server: Ragnarok
user: Siyual
By Ragnarok.Siyual 2022-05-22 14:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't they use the acronym "RMEA" in the JP article as well? Or did I dream about it? :x

They named the Mog Kupon RMEA:

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Kupon_W-RMEA

I think most people use REMA because it's easier to pronounce as a word.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-05-22 15:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

No quest line, no aftermath, no WS linked to them.

Edit: I wouldn't count GTK as a linked WS.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-05-22 20:22:03
Link | Quote | Reply

always just called 'em RMEA in deference to the order of their release. (Relic, Mythic, Empyrean, Aeonic)
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-05-23 02:42:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
always just called 'em RMEA in deference to the order of their release. (Relic, Mythic, Empyrean, Aeonic)

I always called them..

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2022-05-23 08:05:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bippin said: »
No quest line, no aftermath, no WS linked to them.

Edit: I wouldn't count GTK as a linked WS.

I would say they trade all those things for stats that benefit the job more. I'd hazard a guess that are more useful dyna d weapons than there are relics at this point.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-05-23 08:35:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Won't say I disagree with you in terms of utility, but that has never been a distinctive trait of RMEA.
Think about the past there was a time where almost every RME was absolutely useless, trumped in strength and often utility by delve weapons. Yet nobody even thought of starting to use RMED because of that, right?

Now divergence weapons are quite unique and strong, but so are ambu weapons. I dunno they come pretty close but RMEA follows another model, imho.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-05-23 09:06:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Aftermath tier stats are literally built in to some of the augment paths
[+]
By Nariont 2022-05-23 09:43:06
Link | Quote | Reply

its just a technicality, theyre rema tier in the same sense as the ambu weapons imo and there's at least 3 of that line that trump most of the current rema selections in some capacity
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-05-23 09:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

And again the argument of "strength", nobody is denying that but when has that really mattered thoroughfully for RMEAs to be RMEAS?
[+]
By Starbucks 2022-05-23 10:08:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Siyual said: »
I think most people use REMA because it's easier to pronounce as a word.
I have never said REMA irl on voice chat or anything. Do people actually ever verbally say 'REMA'?
[+]
By Nariont 2022-05-23 10:12:05
Link | Quote | Reply

That was originally the big thing about remas is that they were in a general sense the strongest weapons in their class whether it be through the AM given, the WS given, or some unique effect. WS adjustments and greater variety diminished that lead over time.

Delve example was a 2nd case of magian weapons where they tried to move past rema by giving at the time basic/starter level weaponry that was easy to acquire, which just pisses off players that put in the time to make those. Nowadays rema are so easy to make by comparison the uniqueness of them has worn off rapidly so having alternatives that are of the same level isn't all that unusual so i think the distinction just comes in the above points of the newer weapons have no definitive AM, no personal questline, and no unique/boosted WS tied to the weapon.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-05-23 10:16:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyway these are imho the characteristics that defined RMEA over the years.
"strength" of a single RMEA has never been a particularly defining factor I'd say (except for early 75 era and some short windows of time here and there) as it only applied to a few selected weapons and not to the whole category.

1) Unique Model
2) Unique quest/acquisition method
3) Some form of grind required to complete the weapon
4) Tied to a specific WS
5) Tied to an aftermath
6) 269 Skill

Now Divergence weapons fulfill 3 out of 6 of these points.
You could argue with Path A and Path B they offer something similar to the Empyrean and Mythic aftermaths respectively, without requiring a specific WS to activate it.
Still, doesn't change the fact they have no Aftermath, as much as Path A and B can be considered similar.

If you ask me they're pretty close, and in terms of "cost" too it comes pretty close, especially at start they were arguably more expensive than most RMEAs lol

Ambuscade Weapons fulfill 4 out of 6 of the above categories, but the "grind" point is quite debateable. Yes it's a grind but it barely compares to the one required for RMEAs (or Divergence weapons)
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-05-23 10:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the criteria probably need to be reevaluated then, because being tied to a weaponskill and having an aftermath are ultimately irrelevant. Honestly the only weapons where that actually matters are Relics since you can't use those WS in any other way (besides those shitty Abyssea things).

I'd also argue that calling that dumbass goblin in Reisenjima, the magian moogle, or the currency goblin in Zvahl a "questline" is a reach.
[+]
By Nariont 2022-05-23 10:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

To me its largely just point 1 and 2, the rest are all muddled imo. Honestly think the whole rema thing is outdated due to the growing amount of weapons on a similar tier of stats/application, it's just something we use to arbitrarily separate them from the normal weaponry.

I'd also argue that calling that dumbass goblin in Reisenjima or the currency goblin in Zvahl a "questline" is a reach.

It's still a quest that fills your log and you can't do multiple at the same time, though this also kind of dismisses the empyrean line of weapons since i think you can do multiples of those at once, again its all muddled.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-05-23 10:33:53
Link | Quote | Reply

None of those ever go into your quest log lol. Only Mythics have actual quests

So there you have it, clearly we have two classifications.

REDA (henceforth known as READ, used in a sentence: I did not READ the post) and the enigmatic "M"
[+]
By Nariont 2022-05-23 10:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply

None of those ever go into your quest log lol. Only Mythics have actual quests

Huh, always thought they had a quest tied to them, welp. Just call em 269 weapons until prime comes out as 284 or something
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2022-05-23 10:41:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyway these are imho the characteristics that defined RMEA over the years.
"strength" of a single RMEA has never been a particularly defining factor I'd say (except for early 75 era and some short windows of time here and there) as it only applied to a few selected weapons and not to the whole category.

1) Unique Model
2) Unique quest/acquisition method
3) Some form of grind required to complete the weapon
4) Tied to a specific WS
5) Tied to an aftermath
6) 269 Skill

Now Divergence weapons fulfill 3 out of 6 of these points.
You could argue with Path A and Path B they offer something similar to the Empyrean and Mythic aftermaths respectively, without requiring a specific WS to activate it.
Still, doesn't change the fact they have no Aftermath, as much as Path A and B can be considered similar.

If you ask me they're pretty close, and in terms of "cost" too it comes pretty close, especially at start they were arguably more expensive than most RMEAs lol

Ambuscade Weapons fulfill 4 out of 6 of the above categories, but the "grind" point is quite debateable. Yes it's a grind but it barely compares to the one required for RMEAs (or Divergence weapons)

How do ambu weapons have 4 out of 6?

They dont meet points 1(not unique in the slightest), 2(no quest), 5(no aftermath) and 6(none of them have 269 skill). As for point 3 the only grind is for the pulse weapon which you can buy.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-05-23 11:41:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »
I'd hazard a guess that are more useful dyna d weapons than there are relics at this point.
No real way for relics to keep up.

Some jobs can use 2-3 Dyna D weapons, COR(All 3) SAM, RDM, DRK, come to mind.

Just about every job but MNK needs a Path B to cap subtle blow
[+]
By gargurty 2022-05-23 12:05:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Cant wait to see what new weapon will be available for geo. Its about time it gets a new weapon or maybe a new bell.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 284 285 286 ... 427 428 429