Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 134 135 136 ... 424 425 426
 Bismarck.Rwolf
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2020-05-29 13:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I appreciate that Matsui seems aware there is a difference of opinion between Fujito and the player base on the state of jobs. I hope that his idea to get the whole Dev team involved in battle balance discussion equals a good thing. Though I'm not a fan of his viewpoint that he thinks it's ok that jobs are cycled on whatever content is hot at the time.

I feel like that just leads to disdain for whatever jobs are hot. There's a big gap between "cookie cutter everything is the same and nothing matters" and "jobs are useful when we make content that exploits it".

I find it interesting with the talk of Lilith that they had no intention of making armor that powerful but only did because they really wanted to keep the battlefield design difficult. That so bizarre to me.

I'm curious what they meant when they asked about Siren and they said something is locked behind 960 deeds. I thought it was talking about the WS merit increase at first but that gets asked later.

I think it's funny and a PR move to phrase content lockouts as keeping players from feeling they have to do everything at once and burnout.

Confirmed at least B & C for Odyssey. My guess is up to 125/128 gear next. With all the 135 gear in path C.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-05-29 17:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Im perfectly fine with every job partaking some type of circle between content: somethings a pet burn is more efficient, other time its melee turn, then ranged etc.

Biggest problem though is that some jobs are taking too long to have a come back like BLMs.

But at this point of game, with how much easy is to get many perfected jobs (unlike in the early JP system), there is no many excuses for any players to not to perform all jobs in any content.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-05-29 17:55:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Biggest problem though is that some jobs are taking too long to have a come back like BLMs.
All SE has to do is get rid of the stupid scaling for nukes. If theyre going to make content that scales by number of players (which is a great idea), theres no need to punish groups for having extra nukers.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2020-05-29 18:12:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm... I disagree with that mentality. I myself like playing all jobs and I'll come to whatever gets the job done. But I don't expect everyone to play like how I play. Some like to keep to a handful of jobs they want to play.

I think making jobs or content cookie cutter is extreme. I also think expecting players to perform all preferred jobs in any content is extreme. I like a mix of strategies as well but I think it goes a little too far currently.

I do agree that part of the issue is rotation of strategies take too long like BLM. But I also wish BLM wasn't limited to primarily magic burst strategies. Free nuking could really use some work.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2020-05-29 20:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rwolf said: »
Hmmm... I disagree with that mentality. I myself like playing all jobs and I'll come to whatever gets the job done. But I don't expect everyone to play like how I play. Some like to keep to a handful of jobs they want to play.

I think making jobs or content cookie cutter is extreme. I also think expecting players to perform all preferred jobs in any content is extreme. I like a mix of strategies as well but I think it goes a little too far currently.

I do agree that part of the issue is rotation of strategies take too long like BLM. But I also wish BLM wasn't limited to primarily magic burst strategies. Free nuking could really use some work.

Huh? Afaik most setup can work in vast majority of content. The problem isnt content unbeatable* with certain setup, but certain setup isnt hitting max efficiency. And MMO community tend to trash certain strat that's not the best.

See how people complain about MNK OP because MNK clear Lilith E 30 SECONDS faster.

In a game with 22 jobs its impossible to make every job has absolute equal efficiency. So I dont see that much of an issue IMO.
By Draylo 2020-05-29 20:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

They could add a stance or ability to BLM, Triple cast or Double Cast, where for x time their spells hit multiple times. Would close the gap a little in their DPS. Maybe limit it so it can't Magic Burst more than once. The increase in base dmg to tier1~4 spells was a good update last time.

Quote:
Huh? Afaik most setup can work in vast majority of content. The problem isnt content unbeatable* with certain setup, but certain setup isnt hitting max efficiency. And MMO community tend to trash certain strat that's not the best.

See how people complain about MNK OP because MNK clear Lilith E 30 SECONDS faster.

In a game with 22 jobs its impossible to make every job has absolute equal efficiency. So I dont see that much of an issue IMO.

This was always the case, you can beat almost anything with any setup if they are skilled enough. We are talking about what is optimal and overall job balance. It is impossible to make everything equal, but they need to at the least rotate out the jobs or try to even make some comparable to the top flavor of the cycle jobs.

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2020-05-29 20:58:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Debating job balance is the new FFXI end-game. SE was too slow so we created our own.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By ashcrow 2020-05-29 21:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Im perfectly fine with every job partaking some type of circle between content: somethings a pet burn is more efficient, other time its melee turn, then ranged etc.

But at this point of game, with how much easy is to get many perfected jobs (unlike in the early JP system), there is no many excuses for any players to not to perform all jobs in any content.

Yea Job shift pretty cool we wait 3 more years before blm's are viable for 4 months?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-05-29 22:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Jdove said: »
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
All SE has to do is get rid of the stupid scaling for nukes. If theyre going to make content that scales by number of players (which is a great idea), theres no need to punish groups for having extra nukers.
Or you could just take a rune fencer and use rayke then the resistence after the first spell doesnt exist while rayke is active
1-the dmg nerf gets reduced from 60% (SIXTY LMAO) to 30% (per wiki), it doesnt remove it like you're claiming it does.
2-for 35 seconds every 5 minutes, mages can bypass a "non existant" nuke wall. How many RUN's do you need for this to actually put BLM back at the forefront?
3-The fact you need a merit JA from a non-mage job to make multiple nukers less useless is stupid in itself.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2020-05-29 22:55:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

Uhhhh... no offense but you put words in my mouth and argued it lol. I didn't say content was unbeatable or say every job needs absolute equal efficiency. I agree with you that certain setups don't hit max efficiency. That was the frame of mind I was coming from.

It's just my opinion. (shrug) There's a big gap between cookie cuttering everything and content revolves around an optimal method. I think there's a lot of wiggle room for closing the efficiency gap with job updates. But it seems Matsui is ok with the status quo.

I respect not everyone shares that opinion. I just think it's not good and breeds things like you mentioned with MNK.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-05-29 23:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

You could also use bard for thernody every job needs buffs from some other job to be good who cares if its a merit ja its not like you cant cap merits in 5 mins so as ffxi players like to say moot point
Ah yes, Threnody bypasses nukewall now...gotchaaa

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Topace
Server: Asura
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2020-05-29 23:30:54
Link | Quote | Reply

The same People screaming for MNK nerf have no problem with the way cor and run has been ruling for the past 4 years. We hate to see It.

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2020-05-29 23:47:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes they do, they also make it so other jobs are excluded. Your whole, who cares!, is played out. Obviously people do care about game balance.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-05-29 23:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

just to clarify- there's a difference between magic resistance and the repeated-use wall instituted by SE a few years ago. The two are completely unrelated.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-05-30 00:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Quit arguing as i said who cares honestly idgaf but just for the record :

in:
Song Types
Threnody
EDIT

Threnody is a type of Enfeebling Song used by Bards. It temporarily lowers an enemy's resistance to one of the eight elements, causing subsequent elemental attacks, magic, and status effects matching the appropriate element to land on the target with greater accuracy.
You are absolutely clueless my word.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-30 00:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Delete bard
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-05-30 00:38:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
They could add a stance or ability to BLM, Triple cast or Double Cast, where for x time their spells hit multiple times. Would close the gap a little in their DPS. Maybe limit it so it can't Magic Burst more than once. The increase in base dmg to tier1~4 spells was a good update last time.

That's an excellent idea.

I'm also partial to doing something different with Cascade - maybe let it eliminate the nuke wall penalty for next spell once a minute. Or give it some sort of reduction like Rayke for a set time.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Briko
user: briko
By Asura.Briko 2020-05-30 01:28:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The strongest dark element magic isnt from black mage or dark knight. #bigsad
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-05-30 03:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't get why some people keep complaining about no meaningful new content, they added new dynamis and odyssey fairly recently. To a game that not too many years ago was "in maintenance mode".

What are some expecting exactly from a 20 years old game above what we are getting?
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-05-30 04:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
What are some expecting exactly from a 20 years old game above what we are getting?
Anything other than Dynamis and Odyssey. Worst content in the last 3 years. Oh wait... It's the only content in 3 years.
Dynamis wouldn't be such a disaster if it wasn't as laggy as it is. Awful design. Odyssey is boring for most people and is just another daily chore. Decent for newer players to have some fun, I guess.

It may seem like I'm having a jab at the content brung out, which I am to an extent. While we are all grateful that content is brought out, the quality of the content is shameful.
By RadialArcana 2020-05-30 04:59:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I and probably you played this game when we got patches every 6 months or something, and it wasn't very good at all. The only time we got anything really new was when we paid $40 for an expansion to get it.

In terms of content for the sub we are getting more than ever before.

We did kings, dynamis, salvage, limbus etc for mass years as the main content of the game.
First Page 2 3 ... 134 135 136 ... 424 425 426