Random Politics & Religion #26

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #26
Random Politics & Religion #26
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 30 31 32
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-08-01 12:20:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, obligatory:

Drumpf is done!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-08-01 12:27:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/5-scary-revelations-from-lawsuit-accusing-fox-news-of-conspiring-with-white-house/

Not facts I don't like that some of you (about 6 of you) will call facts I don't like because of the word scary in the link. Don't let that scare you... though it will.
He also got caught dictating what Kushner and Junior should say about a certain meeting between themselves and six Russian spies.

It's all a mere coincidence and facts I don't like that he did that dictation on the flight home from the G20 summit and his meetings with Putin Pop about sanctimonious abortions. Just like it's all a mere coincidence that Trump made a big announcement about having new dirt on Hillary a few hours after Jr, Kush', "Manafont" met with a Russian Lawyer...it's all coincidence and anyone who says otherwise is an Alex Jones-Esque tinfoiler who can't get over Trillary losing. Btw have you seen the electoral college map results? Biggest win evah
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-08-01 12:30:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/5-scary-revelations-from-lawsuit-accusing-fox-news-of-conspiring-with-white-house/

Not facts I don't like that some of you (about 6 of you) will call facts I don't like because of the word scary in the link. Don't let that scare you... though it will.

Wow.

Now, if we just take a moment to ignore the mountain of evidence that has proven collusion between news organizations and the Democrats....

*Deep breath*

This is completely unprecedented!!!1!

Your response is totally unprecedented and regurgitated variations of it can not be found on other Internet forums and comment sections

Also what shall you name this mountain? Mt.Evidence seems a little too obvious.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-08-01 14:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The Drumpf dictation story:

Trump dictated son’s misleading statement on meeting with Russian lawyer
WaPo

So all the Drumpf loyalists can shout facts I don't like! without bothering to read it.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-08-01 14:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

And a really interesting piece that has nothing to do with Trump or anything else inside the beltway.

The NRA Has Lost It

As a gun owner, I'm appalled by the gun lobby's ludicrous culture war against progressives.

US News and World Report

Checkit out.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-08-01 15:02:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow.

Now, if we just take a moment to ignore the mountain of evidence that has proven collusion between news organizations and the Democrats....

*Deep breath*

Your response is totally unprecedented and regurgitated variations of it can not be found on other Internet forums and comment sections

I'm working on it, but I'm too busy trying to come up with the name of a certain other mountain of similarly-purposed posts. So far it's called "Mount Weak Attempt At Ridicule and Deflection that Does Not Refute the Content of the Quoted Post".

Maybe "Mount Lame Retort" is more fitting?
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-08-01 18:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait, seriously?

Does Candlejack think that a President who uses his veto authority is committing treason?

Somebody needs to bring him a Constitutional Lawbook, and, preferably, slap him upside the head until he gets it through his head that vetoes are not treason....
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-08-01 19:17:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Hate to mention CJ but there is such a thing as a pocket veto. But pleased to mention that it isn't applicable right now.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-08-01 19:21:21
Link | Quote | Reply

A case study in how to give a story legs and make it look like a scandal without a leaky congressional investigation.

Timeline of Donald Trump Jr.'s meeting revelations
CNN

Jr. should stop listening to daddy.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-08-01 20:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow.

*Deep breath*

I'm working on it, but I'm too busy trying to come up with the name of a certain other mountain of similarly-purposed posts. So far it's called "Mount Weak Attempt At Ridicule and Deflection that Does Not Refute the Content of the Quoted Post".

Hey you named your post count. That's cute... much like your expectation for a valid response to that generalized "what about-ism". You know, the type of post people make when they can't refute the content of original post response.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-08-01 21:25:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow.

*Deep breath*

Hey you named your post count. That's cute... much like your expectation for a valid response to that generalized "what about-ism". You know, the type of post people make when they can't refute the content of original post response.

Mount Lame Retort just got a little bit taller.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-08-01 21:55:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Republicans in Congress Bypass Trump to Shore Up Health Law spit in trump's eye again.
NY Times.

Quote:
WASHINGTON — Congressional Republicans moved on Tuesday to defuse President Trump’s threat to cut off critical payments to health insurance companies, maneuvering around the president toward bipartisan legislation to shore up insurance markets under the Affordable Care Act.

Senator Lamar Alexander of Tennessee, the influential chairman of the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee, announced on Tuesday that his panel would begin work in early September on legislation to “stabilize and strengthen the individual health insurance market” for 2018. He publicly urged Mr. Trump to continue making payments to health insurance companies to reimburse them for reducing the out-of-pocket medical expenses of low-income people.

In the House, two Republicans, Representatives Tom Reed of New York and Charlie Dent of Pennsylvania, teamed with Democrats to promote incremental health legislation that would also fund the cost-sharing subsidies.

The moves were a remarkable response to the president’s repeated threats to send health insurance markets into a tailspin. They offered tangible indications of cooperation between the parties after Republican efforts to scrap the Affordable Care Act collapsed in the Senate last week, all but ending the seven-year Republican quest to overturn President Barack Obama’s signature domestic achievement. Lawmakers from both parties concede that the health law needs improvement, as consumers face sharp premium increases and a shrinking number of insurance options in many states....
There is more...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-08-01 22:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Weren't you the guy claiming Obama should be impeached for signing executive orders? I'd say you fall in the same category as CJ.j
Can you name or link somebody specifically stating that?

Hell, can you post an article that specifically states that?

Wait, what do you mean you can't? What do you mean you are talking out of your *** again?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-08-01 22:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Republicans in Congress Bypass Trump to Shore Up Health Law spit in trump's eye again.
NY Times.

Quote:
WASHINGTON — Congressional Republicans moved on Tuesday to defuse President Trump’s threat to cut off critical payments to health insurance companies, maneuvering around the president toward bipartisan legislation to shore up insurance markets under the Affordable Care Act.

Senator Lamar Alexander of Tennessee, the influential chairman of the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee, announced on Tuesday that his panel would begin work in early September on legislation to “stabilize and strengthen the individual health insurance market” for 2018. He publicly urged Mr. Trump to continue making payments to health insurance companies to reimburse them for reducing the out-of-pocket medical expenses of low-income people.

In the House, two Republicans, Representatives Tom Reed of New York and Charlie Dent of Pennsylvania, teamed with Democrats to promote incremental health legislation that would also fund the cost-sharing subsidies.

The moves were a remarkable response to the president’s repeated threats to send health insurance markets into a tailspin. They offered tangible indications of cooperation between the parties after Republican efforts to scrap the Affordable Care Act collapsed in the Senate last week, all but ending the seven-year Republican quest to overturn President Barack Obama’s signature domestic achievement. Lawmakers from both parties concede that the health law needs improvement, as consumers face sharp premium increases and a shrinking number of insurance options in many states....
There is more...
Seriously Chanti, NYT is there with CNN and WP in the TDP stage 4.

You can obviously see that by them stating "bipartisan legislation" in regards to healthcare reform.

Republicans doing everything and liberals/democrats doing nothing but picketing outside isn't a bipartisan effort....
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-08-01 22:35:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
NY Times.

There is more...

Yeah Congress has tuned Trump out. McConnell laid out the schedule for whats left before the recess, and healthcare isn't on the docket, so I guess that makes them quitters. Susan Collins has said go back to committee, and she has a lot more power than Trump when it comes to healthcare. Grassley laid out the schedule for the rest of the year for his committee, saying there was no time to confirm an AG, so leave Sessions alone. Trump can make all the excuses he wants on the sanctions bill, he is gonna sign it. He isn't going to suffer another humiliation by having a veto overridden.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-08-01 22:38:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like you're gonna cry about this either way no matter who works on the legislation.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-08-01 22:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I think we all will leave the crying to you, Vic, and Candlejack. Los Tres Llorones.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-08-01 22:45:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I am going to move to KY so I can vote for this woman.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-08-01 22:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Looks like you're gonna cry about this either way no matter who works on the legislation.

Thats all he can do, the Trump "agenda" is dead. And tax reform? Looks like McConnell really learned his lesson on the healthcare disaster, as he is heading towards another crash and burn, freezing the Dems out and hoping for 50 votes. I have no idea why he thinks thats gonna work.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-08-01 23:33:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »

Thats all he can do, the Trump "agenda" is dead. And tax reform? Looks like McConnell really learned his lesson on the healthcare disaster, as he is heading towards another crash and burn, freezing the Dems out and hoping for 50 votes. I have no idea why he thinks thats gonna work.

Then you got Mueller and his pesky group of legal experts muddying the agenda. The team just recruited another top level former DoJ attorney, Greg Andres.

Andres oversaw the prosecution of Texas financier Robert Allen Stanford, who was convicted in 2012 for operating an $8 billion Ponzi scheme.

Sooo many experts at successfully winning RICO cases, makes you wonder...

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-08-02 08:15:21
Link | Quote | Reply

When you've got no evidence and baseless speculation on all sides, wondering is pretty much the full extent of what you can do.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-08-02 08:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

When you've got no evidence and baseless speculation on all sides, wondering is pretty much the full extent of what you can do.
There's always making ***up. Also fraud.

I wonder if there's going to be a manufactured "smoking gun" made by the special prosecutor team...
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-08-02 09:21:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I sure am glad I don't have to live in this dump.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-08-02 09:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

There's always making ***up. Also fraud.

I wonder if there's going to be a manufactured "smoking gun" made by the special prosecutor team...

They don't need one. According to a certain logic being passed around, proof isn't required. All you need is a team of people who prosecute things, whose mere presence is a substitute for proof. Here's how that would go at, say, a murder trial:

Prosecutor: Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, the defense would like you to believe that there is no evidence that places the defendant anywhere near the murder scene. But let me ask you this: If the defendant did not murder the victim, then why would I, a famous prosecutor known for winning murder cases, be involved in this very case? It makes no sense. My mere presence in this case is proof that the defendant is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. The prosecution rests.

I call it "The Chewbacca Offense".
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-08-02 09:36:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this one better Anna?

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 30 31 32