Random Politics & Religion #26

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #26
Random Politics & Religion #26
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-08-14 20:24:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Sure, go nuts. No one agrees with that except alt right nazi apologists so good luck.
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Now, would you be ok if they start doing it to BLM and Antifa websites too?

They are the same degree of extremism. Doesn't matter if you agree with them or not.

If thats what they want sure nothing is stopping them, hey you could even make your own web hosting business and brag about accepting Nazi's.
False equivalence. Both of you.

Seriously. Just because I support the First Amendment doesn't make me a Neo-Nazi (Candlejack's argument), nor does it make me a sympathetic towards their message (Pleebo's and Shiori's argument).

Look, we get it, all 3 of your arguments are laughably weak. Just because none of you have any other messages other than "If you don't support us fully and completely, you are a Nazi" doesn't mean that you can't come up with something better than that...
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-08-14 20:27:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Odin.Slore said: »
As much as I deplore it it is still free speech.
I don't think you understand this 1st admendment stuff.

Nausi said: »
Nazi's still have the right to free speech, and if you plan on counter protesting without permits and with flamethrowers and clubs, you're part of the problem.
On this we agree.

Or even with permits. Has there ever been a fully permetted demonstration and counter demonstration that has gotten ugly? Oh **** yes. I have been in more than one.
What the counterprotesters have done was assemble without a permit, assemble to conspire to cause harm, and assault and battery with intent to murder.

The counterprotesters were only there to disrupt the message by violence. Kindof kills their own messaging, doesn't it?
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-08-14 20:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

"If you don't support us fully and completely, you are a Nazi"
Too bad I never said that.
By Nausi 2017-08-14 21:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Shruiken said: »
Are we forgetting about the attempted assassination of a republican congressional baseball team?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-08-14 21:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »
Shiva.Shruiken said: »
Are we forgetting about the attempted assassination of a republican congressional baseball team?

Hmmm did you forget these events?

In June 2015, Dylann Roof was inspired by the “hate facts” posted on Daily Stormer and Council of Conservative Citizens to murder nine people at a black church in Charleston, South Carolina.

In July 2015, John Russell Houser, a far-right former bar owner, shot and killed two people and injured nine others before committing suicide in a Lafayette, LA movie theater which was playing Trainwreck, due to its feminist themes and characters, as well as its lead actor's Jewish background. Houser was said to have been a misogynist and praised the actions of Adolf Hitler on online message boards.

In November of 2015, a group of well-armed 4chan regulars attended a Black Lives Matter camp in Minneapolis, harassing them with racial slurs. They opened fire on activists attempting to chase them out when they returned a second night, wounding five.

An antifascist protester of Milo Yiannopolous was shot in stomach on Inauguration Day by Elizabeth Hakoana, who came to the protest with her husband, who planned to “crack skulls” of the “snowflakes” at the event and provoke a reaction to justify shooting someone.

Later in January, Alexandre Bisonette, a supporter of Donald Trump and Marine Le Pen, opened fire on a Quebec City Islamic Culutral Center, killing six.

In February, a white U.S. Navy veteran, Adam Purinton, 51, killed an Indian engineer, wounded his Indian co-worker, and shot a man who tried to stop the murder at a bar in Olathe, KS while yelling "get out of my country."

In March, James Jackson, a subscriber of Alt Right Youtube channels, traveled from Baltimore to New York with the sole purpose of murdering a black person at random. He stabbed Timothy Caughman, killing him.

Sean Christopher Urbanski, a University of Maryland student and member of online alt-right facebook groups, randomly stabbed to death black Army Officer Richard Collins III in Baltimore.

A man in Portland, OR stabbed 3 people, killing 2, who intervened to tell him to stop making racist remarks to muslim women on a light rail train.

Anthony Robert Hammond hacked a random black man with a machete after yelling racial slurs at numerous people in Clearlake, CA in May.

Jimmy Kramer, a 20 year old Native American, was run over during his birthday party in Washington state by a man and woman in a large pickup truck who first circled the party yelling racial slurs and taunts at the group from inside the truck. Kramer died and his friend was hospitalized.

A Minnesota mosque was hit by an early-morning explosion on August 5, 2017 as worshipers had just begun to gather inside for morning prayers.

Sooo yeah the what aboutism list is a little bit longer.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-08-14 22:00:14
Link | Quote | Reply

And that is a grain of sand compared to radical Islamic terrorism that we're not supposed to call by name.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-08-14 22:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
An antifascist protester of Milo Yiannopolous was shot in stomach on Inauguration Day by Elizabeth Hakoana, who came to the protest with her husband, who planned to “crack skulls” of the “snowflakes” at the event and provoke a reaction to justify shooting someone.
I didn't know this happened. >_>
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-08-14 22:15:34
Link | Quote | Reply

To clarify why I pointed that one out, I was watching quite a lot of videos about Milo last year. I assume this happened either after I quit watching or happened and was never mentioned. I dunno.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-08-14 22:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

"If you don't support us fully and completely, you are a Nazi"
Too bad I never said that.
Stop acting like it then.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-08-14 22:18:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
And that is a grain of sand compared to radical Islamic terrorism that we're not supposed to call by name.

Damn why so gas-lit? Just because Obama has his prerogative doesn't mean everyone who isn't on the radical right doesn't say radical Islamic terrorism.

Why can't Trump say Radical White Terrorism?

As a white person Im pretty certain we have the supreme body count total when it comes to killing off other ethnicities and cultures.

Let's not forget about our white on white crime.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-08-14 22:43:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
To clarify why I pointed that one out, I was watching quite a lot of videos about Milo last year. I assume this happened either after I quit watching or happened and was never mentioned. I dunno.

Well you know the last 6 mo has been a whirlwind of events after T...

...ebow retuned to minor league baseball.

http://nypost.com/2017/08/13/tim-tebow-drilled-in-the-head-with-a-fastball/

When will the crimes against Tebow end?
By Nausi 2017-08-14 23:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Is "whataboutism" the left's newest buzzword?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-08-14 23:05:38
Link | Quote | Reply

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism

But to answer your question: nope.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-08-14 23:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol talk about poor arguments. I don't think you're a Nazi. If I thought that I would have said it. You just like to recycle and therefore legitimize their arguments.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-08-15 06:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Cherche said: »
AO
Please don't light that signal, for the love of ***, don't light that signal! >.<
....***
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-08-15 06:13:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol talk about poor arguments. I don't think you're a Nazi. If I thought that I would have said it. You just like to recycle and therefore legitimize their arguments.
No I don't. Can you name just a single time where I brought up, supported, or even talked about these people outside the usual liberal talkingpoint?

You and the other liberals here think that, by those who don't even engage in conversation here, by not automatically condemning them, we not only support them, but also super secret members of their cult.

I hate to break it to you and your ilk, but just because we support their right to speak (just like we support the BLM movement, and even antifa) doesn't mean we support their message....
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-15 07:31:21
Link | Quote | Reply

You and the other liberals here think that, by those who don't even engage in conversation here, by not automatically condemning them, we not only support them, but also super secret members of their cult

You are either with me or against me.

Either you fully support my political religion and therefor hate my enemies, or you are one of those enemies.

Sound familiar?

It's getting harder and harder to take the piss with these guys and not have it be perfectly true. What happens when reality and parody become one?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-08-15 08:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
What happens when reality and parody become one?

Trump becomes the president of the United States.
And part of the blame lies with the democrats/liberals for not putting up a candidate who could be better than Trump, nor having a message that is better than Trump's.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-08-15 08:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
What happens when reality and parody become one?

Trump becomes the president of the United States.
And part of the blame lies with the democrats/liberals for not putting up a candidate who could be better than Trump, nor having a message that is better than Trump's.

Republicans get as much blame for also not putting up a better candidate honestly.
You still seem to forget that the liberals/democrats lost to Donald *** Trump.

If you don't like it, get better next time.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-08-15 08:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

It's that time again!

It's time for the democrats/liberals to ignore reality and scoff at an article that shows what hypocrites they are!

The Reality Of Charlottesville

Sources are bad, unless they are from the alt-left.

Quote:
The tragedy of deadly violence that happened in Charlottesville will be used by the elite left to call for the further destruction of monuments to problematic figures from the past. The elite right will concede this battle – they’ve already indicated their utter concession to it, because they have no recognition where this path will end up, just as the elite right has always lacked perspective on the true aims of the left.

Last night in Washington, D.C., a Black Lives Matter rally populated overwhelmingly by white people took to the field in front of the White House and then marched to the Trump hotel to chant and rally against the existence of any confederate or slaveowner statues in D.C. This is what they want: to eradicate history and appreciations of American history because they judge all of it to be vile, and they believe – as many members of the media do – that deep down, American conservatives are all the same as those 300 or so would-be Nazis in Charlottesville. (Of course, they are pathetic would-be Nazis – they don’t have the discipline or the personal physiques to fit into Hugo Boss). That’s why they have been so eager to make such comparisons – remember when Seth MacFarlane said Nazis would love McCain-Palin? I do.

The list of protests which turned violent – which, when I shared it, triggered numerous accusations that I was defending Nazis, a white supremacist, and caused a reporter for one magazine where I used to be a columnist to describe me as “alt-right” – includes: Oakland 2009, Akron 2009, Pittsburgh 2009, Santa Cruz 2010, Oakland 2010, Los Angeles 2010, Oakland 2011, Chicago 2012, Anaheim 2012, Brooklyn 2013, Ferguson 2014, New York City 2014, Baltimore 2015, Anaheim 2016, Chicago 2016, St Paul 2016, Milwaukee 2016, Charlotte 2016, Standing Rock 2016, Oakland 2016, Portland 2016, Washington DC 2017, Berkeley 2017, Anaheim 2017, Berkeley (again) 2017, Berkeley (again again) 2017, Olympia 2017, and Portland 2017. This is a list of overwhelmingly leftist protests. But those have a different standard in the press.

Protest and assembly are the rights of all. Violent extremism is the enemy of all. There is no “winning” in such a clash, only loss. Their enemy is civilized society and the public square. But apparently listing such protests is all it takes to be considered an anti-Semite Nazi shill. Facts are not what people want at a time like this. They would prefer fiction.

John Davidson has more:

Quote:
The Left’s damnatio memoriae campaign to tear down Confederate statues shares something in common with the white supremacist impulse to stage tiki-torch rallies in defense of those statues: the ultimate goal isn’t to re-litigate the Civil War but to polarize the American body politic, to force the mainstream into a kind of crude tribalism.

Political violence and street fights of the kind we saw over the weekend in Charlottesville aren’t altogether new in America. We have seen such clashes — albeit less deadly ones — nearly every year for almost a decade. In nearly every case, they have been sought out and instigated by the extreme left.

But Richard Spencer and his sparse band of J. Crew Nazis chose the Lee statue for the site of their rally on Saturday for the simple reason that it was the best location for attracting attention and provoking a violent counter-protest from armed cadres of left-wing street fighters, which it did. They came to town, apparently from all over the country, looking for a fight that would be televised.

That strategy follows a certain logic, especially if your movement is small (estimates of white supremacist attendees were in the hundreds). For the left-wing counterprotesters, showing up en masse to attack such a gathering follows the same logic. The point is to put on a spectacle.

The fact is, neither the extreme left or the extreme right are representative of any significant constituencies in American politics. They do not wield actual power, but they have realized a way to exert out-sized influence through the instigation of publicly staged violence.

John Robb, author of a book on terrorism and social disruption called “Brave New War,” wrote an insightful blog post about how Charlottesville wasn’t really a protest so much as an “open invitation to a public fist fight between left and right.” It was a perfect example of “malicious social disruption” that “widened fault lines and damaged social cohesion at every level” — by design.

What will divide the country even more, though, is the fact that the right’s elites in media and politics are rushing to concede this battle before it is even joined, without thinking about where it inevitably leads. They are willing to trash the history of a portion of the nation in order to satisfy the American leftist elite, and they will run eagerly to fulfill that task in order to demonstrate how civilized they are. Along the way, they will run rampant over a portion of history that includes recognizable relatives for the World War II generation, toxifying the entire discussion. The direction this leads is much worse than where we currently are – it is the open conflict of a nation at war with itself over its own character. This war will end badly, no matter how it plays out. And the way this story ends is in demolishing Monticello brick by brick.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-08-15 09:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
I didn't know this happened. >_>
I still read news from Seattle so I did. Don't know how much national coverage it got though.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-08-15 09:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
More recently, Domenech was involved in a journalism scandal that resulted in the removal of his work from The Washington Examiner and The Huffington Post when it was disclosed that Domenech received $36,000 from Joshua Trevino, a conservative pundit and lobbyist, to write favorable opinion pieces about the government of Malaysia without disclosing the relationship. The payments came to light when Trevino registered as a foreign agent of the Malaysian government.
I trust his opinion to be impartial and unbiased!
If it was it wouldn't be in the Federalist.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-08-15 09:46:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Quote:
More recently, Domenech was involved in a journalism scandal that resulted in the removal of his work from The Washington Examiner and The Huffington Post when it was disclosed that Domenech received $36,000 from Joshua Trevino, a conservative pundit and lobbyist, to write favorable opinion pieces about the government of Malaysia without disclosing the relationship. The payments came to light when Trevino registered as a foreign agent of the Malaysian government.
I trust his opinion to be impartial and unbiased!
If it was it wouldn't be in the Federalist.

Uh, Chanti.... Have you seen the sources you quote?
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-15 10:03:10
Link | Quote | Reply

It's so sad how little people understand...

This is matrix like ***here, President Trump was an eventuality guaranteed after President Obama went full sock puppet and the Progressives dialed up their policy of social change. Outside candidates like Trump are what happens when a countries political system fails to keep itself in balance.

It's the fault of both the left and the right. The right ceased listening to moderate fiscal conservatives in favor of religious ideologues and warhawks. The left ceased listening to any reason at all and went full SJW on everyone. The result was a huge middle group of people feeling dissatisfied, disenfranchised and disillusioned with the current political system.

When that happens you will always get a populist candidate that the power structure hates. The newly elected leader will have a power struggle with the established old guard over who's really in charge of the system. Friction from this struggle will spawn dramatic events until one or the other is defeated.

What we are observing is this friction. The old guard is using every asset in their arsenal to attack the newly elected leader, that leader is fighting back using all their tactics and assets. It really is a life and death struggle, if the new leader wins the old guard is broken and gets replaced. If the old guard wins the leader is broken and they continue staying in power until challenged again or a civil war starts.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-08-15 10:13:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ravael, The Federalist is pure opinion. I try to avoid quoting sources that are pure opinion like it or Slate.

Both the Huffington Post and the Drudge Report publish actual news. But if I find something of interest in either I try to source it from elsewhere. Preferably BBC or Reuters.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-15 10:15:32
Link | Quote | Reply

These are the people Chanti and friends are othering as alt-right and despicables.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Now to see how many people can process more then 140 characters.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32