First Page 2 3 ... 38 39 40 ... 53 54 55
 Bahamut.Atigeve
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Atigeve 2021-04-08 16:57:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Friedrik said: »
Bahamut.Atigeve said: »
yeah I have calad and apoc too, still love liberator though :)
Same here, love Liberator. There's a post around here that compares a properly built Lib to being the doomguy, and that's pretty accurate.
Yeah it's fun, im sure my set is not perfect, but it works pretty well, I prefer (personal preference only) Lib over Calad eyeing that Atonement 4 set tbh. This is what im working with but im constantly switching a few pieces... like ody legs with +5 stp and 28 acc with (some atk too) with flamma. Was considering trying Dagan with Sulevia +2 legs too. Idk im not totally happy with it yet but the dmg is good
 Asura.Friedrik
Server: Asura
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2021-04-08 17:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah it's fun, im sure my set is not perfect, but it works pretty well, I prefer (personal preference only) Lib over Calad eyeing that Atonement 4 set tbh. This is what im working with but im constantly switching a few pieces... like ody legs with +5 stp and 28 acc with (some atk too) with flamma. Was considering trying Dagan with Sulevia +2 legs too. Idk im not totally happy with it yet but the dmg is good

That's very similar to my set:

STP path Nyame is definitely awesome for Mythic AM3 builds. I have a Ryu also so I'll probably end up making a few of those as STP pieces.
By SimonSes 2021-04-08 17:14:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Eloc said: »
You'll lose approximately a Bolstered Attunement level of Magic Evasion by not wearing Sakpata. Which is also not good.

If only there was an alternative, incredibly popular weapon that synergizes well with Sakpata's

Not everyone likes great swords.
Great sword has kinda risky 3+ stage self skillchains, because most are based on one hit WSs, so you have 5% to miss them.
Also at attack cap, 5/5 Sakpata Calad is only 6.5% ahead of 5/5 Sakpata Liberator. It's not a small difference, but also not a big one. Also btw if you can get above 5000hp with drain, Lycurgos is at the same dps as Liberator. Also I'm talking about am3 Liberator and AM3 Caladbolg. AM1 Caladbolg is marginally below Liberator and Lycurgos. Just to be clear I'm talking about dps without self sc.
 Asura.Friedrik
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2021-04-08 17:15:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I played around with Lycurgos on DRK, it's really good. Super good for cleaving too with those big radius Fell Cleaves at 1000TP
 Bahamut.Atigeve
By Bahamut.Atigeve 2021-04-08 17:21:08
Link | Quote | Reply

That's very similar to my set:

STP path Nyame is definitely awesome for Mythic AM3 builds. I have a Ryu also so I'll probably end up making a few of those as STP pieces.
Yeah I have Conqueror too, and a few others, Tizona is one of them and Lilith is a *** lol Im really eying that set, but still slightly torn to go A or B. Hoping to have that set tonight.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-04-08 17:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

You'll lose like 45 STP going 5/5 Sakpata assuming the hands aren't augmented. That's not good at all.

You'll lose approximately a Bolstered Attunement level of Magic Evasion by not wearing Sakpata. Which is also not good.
I wonder how people lived and played drk without all this magic evasion lol.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-04-08 19:40:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
You'll lose like 45 STP going 5/5 Sakpata assuming the hands aren't augmented. That's not good at all.

I wonder how people lived and played drk without all this magic evasion lol.

Fanatics Drink

After that it was Vex + Attunement

After that it was ... moogle to job change or just eat dirt
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-04-08 19:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

1. you lose a Bolstered Attunement by not wearing 5/5 Sakpata.

And you don't always need to gain that in order to survive, in particular if you are able to properly ride Drain3. I'm fine losing 3k in a single attack if I'm sitting at 7k+ HP. DRK survivability is based around very different tools than more traditional tanks or heavy DDs, and trying to force DRK to live by the rules of a PLD, RUN, or WAR will always result in less than ideal returns.

2. talking white damage for a mythic is a very different discussion than white damage for an empyrean weapon.

Every Mythic weapon I have and use regularly is built around 2 concepts- first, getting AM3 up as quickly and efficiently as possible, and then once its up, gearing to allow for TP overflow to boost the proper TP-scaling WSs without adding extra attack rounds, which would reduce your WS frequency. Its the ability to maintain the same WS frequency while WS'ing at higher TP thresholds that I find so powerful for mythics.

Contrast this with Empyrean Weapons, where the TP phase is a larger share of total damage dealt, and gearing to maximize the damage of this phase is more vital than gearing to maximize the resultant WSs through TP scaling/TP gain speed.

All this to me results in one undeniable conclusion- gearing for per-attack round damage is improper use of a Mythic Weapon.

And lastly- if you really need to ride a hybrid set of 5/5 Sakpata for survivability, perhaps the real answer is that Liberator isn't the right weapon in that situation. Opting for a choice like Apoc, Redemption, or even Anguta are likely going to be better Scythe options to pair with a full Sakpata Build than Liberator is.
[+]
 Bahamut.Atigeve
By Bahamut.Atigeve 2021-04-08 20:05:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
1. you lose a Bolstered Attunement by not wearing 5/5 Sakpata.

And you don't always need to gain that in order to survive, in particular if you are able to properly ride Drain3. I'm fine losing 3k in a single attack if I'm sitting at 7k+ HP. DRK survivability is based around very different tools than more traditional tanks or heavy DDs, and trying to force DRK to live by the rules of a PLD, RUN, or WAR will always result in less than ideal returns.

2. talking white damage for a mythic is a very different discussion than white damage for an empyrean weapon.

Every Mythic weapon I have and use regularly is built around 2 concepts- first, getting AM3 up as quickly and efficiently as possible, and then once its up, gearing to allow for TP overflow to boost the proper TP-scaling WSs without adding extra attack rounds, which would reduce your WS frequency. Its the ability to maintain the same WS frequency while WS'ing at higher TP thresholds that I find so powerful for mythics.

Contrast this with Empyrean Weapons, where the TP phase is a larger share of total damage dealt, and gearing to maximize the damage of this phase is more vital than gearing to maximize the resultant WSs through TP scaling/TP gain speed.

All this to me results in one undeniable conclusion- gearing for per-attack round damage is improper use of a Mythic Weapon.

And lastly- if you really need to ride a hybrid set of 5/5 Sakpata for survivability, perhaps the real answer is that Liberator isn't the right weapon in that situation. Opting for a choice like Apoc, Redemption, or even Anguta are likely going to be better Scythe options to pair with a full Sakpata Build than Liberator is.
Great answers, i try to gear the same as a general idea. It was more jut making sure i wasnt missing something. and yeah i have the weapon changes to do just that if need be

wonderfull explanation though well worded.

Looking back i see i worded it rather silly. I kinda meant any specific pieces or reason, then in non AM3 was curious if its worth it... I must have been really tired... edited my original post to reflect what it was supposed to actually say....
 Shiva.Humpo
Server: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2021-04-08 21:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

If only there was an alternative, incredibly popular weapon that synergizes well with Sakpata's

Not everyone likes great swords.
Great sword has kinda risky 3+ stage self skillchains, because most are based on one hit WSs, so you have 5% to miss them.
Also at attack cap, 5/5 Sakpata Calad is only 6.5% ahead of 5/5 Sakpata Liberator. It's not a small difference, but also not a big one. Also btw if you can get above 5000hp with drain, Lycurgos is at the same dps as Liberator. Also I'm talking about am3 Liberator and AM3 Caladbolg. AM1 Caladbolg is marginally below Liberator and Lycurgos. Just to be clear I'm talking about dps without self sc.

Any clue where Redemption falls? I've been building because i'm a mosaicist and I'm slightly curious how the damage will be with the sakpata set.
By SimonSes 2021-04-08 21:26:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

Well, Redemption, when it's already have AM3 running and if you hold TP to 2000+ is stronger than Liberator and is even stronger than Caladbolg apparently (marginally). The problem is you need to make 3000TP Quietus, which is a big dps drop on start.

I mentioned Lycurgos in my last post, I actually forgot to optimize accessories for it. When I did it, its actually better than Liberator, better than AM2 Calad and only loosing to AM3 Calad and AM3 Redemption using Cross Reaper like I mentioned above. I was also able to optimize TP threshold for Insurgency a little (~2200+ seems to be the sweet spot) and its then only 4.6% behind Calad, so overall Liberator is very close to Calad even with 5/5 Sakpata, at least at attack cap. Also using Flamma head/hands, Hj. body, 13sTP Ody. legs/Val. feet I was only able to gain 5% more with Liberator at attack cap over 5/5 Sakpata.
[+]
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2021-04-09 17:11:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have any current Apocalypse sets handy? Just getting back into DRK. I have most of what's in Azagarth's guide on the front page.

Just curious to see how many pieces of Sakpata's people are using in their TP sets, etc.

Thanks!
 Shiva.Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2021-04-09 19:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Simon!

Certainly makes me feel a wee bit better about making it.. Shame the model is 1090000138048234 times worse then I initially thought it would be.
 Asura.Kronkeykong
By Asura.Kronkeykong 2021-04-10 09:27:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Code
SimonSes said: »
Well, Redemption, when it's already have AM3 running and if you hold TP to 2000+ is stronger than Liberator and is even stronger than Caladbolg apparently (marginally). The problem is you need to make 3000TP Quietus, which is a big dps drop on start..[/b]

This is basically what I’ve been feeling with it. Recently between smashing Meeble and doing a Wave 3 a few weeks ago (against a R15 calad with my R12 Redemption.)

I just can’t put the weapon down. The white numbers are just so gross and XReaper with it does basically the same as Torcs at 2500~. It’s a lot of fun. Sure you have to Entropy and Quietus every so often, but they still do like 30k each so it’s not the worst.

I think the nicest part is, I never pulled hate on the Wave 3 Mega due to the Earring, while the Caladbolg had to turn quite a few times and even died while I kept pumping out the dps.

It’s extremely close in numbers, but overall I’m really glad I took the time to suffer through Chloris for it. It’s way more fun than spamming Torc and then dying because your Light Chain was too fat.

Maybe one day I’ll get a Liberator, but Mythic process makes me sick.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Daviant
Server: Gilgamesh
user: daviant
By Gilgamesh.Daviant 2021-04-13 16:14:38
Link | Quote | Reply

are there any updated sets for Liberator that don't require so much augmented gear?
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-04-13 17:19:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Daviant said: »
are there any updated sets for Liberator that don't require so much augmented gear?
I mean if you trying to avoid augment gear you may wanna look at another job tbh. Drk is the one job that pretty much wants the augments because STP for job is semi hard to come back with good stats.
 Gilgamesh.Daviant
Server: Gilgamesh
user: daviant
By Gilgamesh.Daviant 2021-04-13 17:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

So the augmented gear on the first page is still the go to?
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2021-04-17 12:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

So, I ended up getting rank2 in mog bonanza (luckily on my main). I'm 99% leaning towards a Liberator.

From what I've read on the forums, it's just behind Calad. Does anyone have any arguments against making a Liberator? Or disappointed with its performance?

I'm not concerned about it not being the absolute best dps, after building apocalypse I'm quite fond of its utility and just hoping for really good dps mixed with some utility.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-04-17 12:52:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Greyfawkz said: »
So, I ended up getting rank2 in mog bonanza (luckily on my main). I'm 99% leaning towards a Liberator.

From what I've read on the forums, it's just behind Calad. Does anyone have any arguments against making a Liberator? Or disappointed with its performance?

I'm not concerned about it not being the absolute best dps, after building apocalypse I'm quite fond of its utility and just hoping for really good dps mixed with some utility.
Make a lib tbh its a good weapon and different playstyle in general. If you want for sure damage make a Caladbolg and call it a a day tbh.
[+]
By Taint 2021-04-17 13:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »

Make a lib tbh its a good weapon and different playstyle in general. If you want for sure damage make a Caladbolg and call it a a day tbh.

Liberator is awesome and extremely fun. Unfortunately Sakpata gear synergizes much better with Cala.
[+]
 Asura.Mims
user: Ginza
By Asura.Mims 2021-04-17 13:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Liberator is a great weapon, and tons of fun to use. Personally, its my favorite Drk REMA weapon.
When maxed out it compares very closely to Caladbolg, but it takes a whole lot more gear and fine tuning to get Liberator to that point.

Most people want the shortest path to "endgame damage" and that is indisputably Caladbolg.

Liberator is tons of fun, great utility, and does "endgame damage" just fine, but let me put it this way. Even if you spend exactly the same amount getting both weapons to R15, expect to spend another 100 to 200 million gil filling out other slots in order to get your Liberator to the same level of output as Caladbolg.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-04-17 15:11:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Nowadays Lib is pretty good for damage, though it does that damage a bit differently then Caladbolg. Calad is like "Hulk Smash" on repeat, straight forward brute force, which might be what is needed. Scythe has fantastic SC properties and Lib can take advantage of that while also boosting HP from Drain III.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [34 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Otomis
By Asura.Otomis 2021-05-21 21:02:38
Link | Quote | Reply

With DT/MEVA capped/high with Sakpata's + Defending ring, what augment are folks using Ankou's? I have DT-5% and I am debating if I should change that to more MEVA, Status ailment resistance or counter (as it is often Drk's pull hate). OR do I keep the DT as it is generally helpful while in TP set? Appreciate the assistance.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-05-21 21:06:01
Link | Quote | Reply

wear sakpatas, put -10 pdt on your cape, and wear a different ring?
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-05-22 06:57:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Otomis said: »
With DT/MEVA capped/high with Sakpata's + Defending ring, what augment are folks using Ankou's? I have DT-5% and I am debating if I should change that to more MEVA, Status ailment resistance or counter (as it is often Drk's pull hate). OR do I keep the DT as it is generally helpful while in TP set? Appreciate the assistance.
Keep the dt on tp cape its gonna help you overall compared to a few points in meva. For your dt set change to either status ailment or keep it as is tbh. Personally if I'm in a full dt set and not a hybrid I use Moon cape for the hp and dt.
[+]
 Shiva.Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2021-05-22 07:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

90% of my capes have 10% PDT.
I've always felt it better to use that over 5% DT since shell should pick up any slack in your MDT stats. And really, moonbow cape for real defense sets.

As for other capes, I've debated on a regen and/or counter cape to pair with a Sacro Breatplate, Bathy Neck, and sakpata's feet but have yet to do so as they feel a bit more gimmicky.

A bit of regen can go a long way to. I triple box a lot and found that if I'm bored and doing Gin, I tend to use Peaon as my 5th song. The fight goes amazingly smooth, and even the trusts tend to survive!
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-05-22 08:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

couple thoughts on resin augments for Ambuscade capes-

1. The "Resist all Status Ailments" stat, wherever it appears gear wise (naturally or via augment) has its potency cut in half for anything that checks "Impossible to Gauge". That means even the regular mobs in Dynamis-Divergence as an example. It ends up not being that powerful on anything you'd need it on, and overkill on stuff it actually works.

2. Counter to me seems like a real waste beyond those who can gear around it. 10 counter alone on a cape when you're infrequently the center of hate definitely isn't a lot of bang for your ambu buck.

3. I opted for -5%DT on a lot of my capes at first, til I started realizing that the vast majority of time I had shell4 or 5 due to group play or even just trusts. That's when I switched them over to 10% PDT.

4. Regen IS underrated as a stat in general. Just keeping a steady tick going on any job is a help on the healers, or could negate that DoT from poison/dia/elemental enfeebles and the like, making that a lower priority for your healer to fix. It buys time, and sometimes an extra 3 seconds is all it would have taken to prevent a wipe.

The real interesting thing for DRK these days in my book? That even our "full DD" sets are in a sense hybrid sets now. It doesn't take near the dps sacrifices any more that it used to in order for a heavy DD to be safe. And that really opens things up at both ends of the spectrum- better DD stats while turtled, and safer when in full DD mode.
[+]
 Bahamut.Hockins
user: Hawkins
By Bahamut.Hockins 2021-05-27 12:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking at starting a new project weapon and leaning towards Redemption as it appears to work well with Sakpata/Schere and more Scythe fun. I have looked thru most of the forums and have seen comments about how it does well but im not sure what type of tp set folks are using. Are people using a specific for to build to 3k tp, then change once AM is up and once up, fire at what tp %? Just curious what folks with Redemption have tested/determined are their go to sets, tp, AM, ws, and the paly style of it. Appreciate it
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-05-27 13:39:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Hockins said: »
Looking at starting a new project weapon and leaning towards Redemption as it appears to work well with Sakpata/Schere and more Scythe fun. I have looked thru most of the forums and have seen comments about how it does well but im not sure what type of tp set folks are using. Are people using a specific for to build to 3k tp, then change once AM is up and once up, fire at what tp %? Just curious what folks with Redemption have tested/determined are their go to sets, tp, AM, ws, and the paly style of it. Appreciate it

I gear pre-AM on Redemption TP sets pretty normal looking- solid mix of STP and multiattack, nothing really fancy there. The goal is about getting to 3k asap, not the damage while you do it.

Once AM is up, I gear completely for multiattack, crit rate/dmg, and PDL. STP goes completely out the window except for pieces where that happens without sacrificing one of the stats I mentioned prior to it. Sakpata gear is great for this- my set currently uses 2 pieces of it during TP phase on Redemption, and I plan on adding a 3rd once its RP'ed(the head):

ammo="Seeth. Bomblet +1",
head="Hjarrandi Helm",
body="Sakpata's Plate",
hands="Sakpata's Gauntlets",
legs="Ig. Flanchard +3",
feet="Flam. Gambieras +2",
neck="Abyssal Beads +2",
waist="Ioskeha Belt +1",
left_ear="Schere Earring",
right_ear="Cessance Earring",
left_ring="Niqmaddu Ring",
right_ring="Regal Ring",
back={ name="Ankou's Mantle", augments={'STR+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Accuracy+10','"Dbl.Atk."+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},}

I am currently using Odin Head over Sakpata's to get both higher DA rate and some STP. Once I start RP'ing the Sakpata's Helm and it gains the "Double Attack dmg+" augment, I will eventually move to that.

3 choices are done for accuracy needs to get pre-buffs/food acc around 1220- Cessance Earring (vs something more offensive), Regal Ring (set bonus with AF+3 legs), and Ioskeha+1 over Sailfi+1. The latter will also be beneficial to focus the build on DA vs a little TA here and there once the Sakpata Helm is agumented.

Pre-Sakpata I used other multiattack or crit rate gear.

In terms of play style once AM3 is up- Others more versed in the math of things have nailed down that once AM3 is up, move off of Quietus as your primary WS and save TP up to 2200-2500 for Cross Reaper. The white damage is extremely good with Redemption.

I've found I prefer Redemption in situations like large Alliance play where there simply are too many DDs to reliably chain- typically when I'd opt for Caladbolg. Redemption due to the Empyrean Aftermath in many ways can function best without chaining and saving up TP. Good thing is that sneaking in a Quietus to maintain AM3 or an Entropy to recover MP both fit very well and still do respectable damage, albeit not "the best". You may even fit in an inadvertent 2step with extra damage from chaining while doing those things.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [34 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Ihatethizzle
user: HaRm
By Asura.Ihatethizzle 2021-06-30 20:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone got subtleblow set for v15 tree?
First Page 2 3 ... 38 39 40 ... 53 54 55