High End Sets Advice/Suggestions/Ideas/LUA
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 53 54 55
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2021-02-28 22:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

So I pretty much put together my Counter-DT Set. Also counted up my Subtle Blow and it over caps it with Father Time Path B.

This set gets you 40% Counter, -40% DT, and super high magic evasion. The Subtle Blow I should also be capped. Its a decent set to tough it out in. Especially against stuff that resists dreadspikes.
Code
={
    main={ name="Father Time", augments={'Path: B',}},
    sub="Utu Grip",
    ammo="Aurgelmir Orb +1",
    head="Sakpata's Helm",
    body="Sacro Breastplate",
    hands="Sakpata's Gauntlets",
    legs="Sakpata's Cuisses",
    feet="Sakpata's Leggings",
    neck={ name="Bathy Choker +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
    waist={ name="Sailfi Belt +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
    left_ear="Telos Earring",
    right_ear="Schere Earring",
    left_ring="Chirich Ring +1",
    right_ring="Chirich Ring +1",
    back={ name="Ankou's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Accuracy+10','"Store TP"+10','Counter +10',}},
}

I haven't tried out the earring yet, but it looks really nice to use with Scythe.

Does anyone know if Seigen's Counter rate /SAM is 25%? You'd think it would be a lot lower. I can't remember it proccing too often subbed.
By Galkapryme 2021-03-07 10:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

With regards to the first page...the Entropy set...what is the benefit of the Sacro over the Fallen's +3 body?
 Asura.Friedrik
Server: Asura
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2021-03-07 12:33:51
Link | Quote | Reply

The Entropy set shows Dagon and you wouldn't want to use Relic +3 body anyway.
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2021-03-07 13:11:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
So I pretty much put together my Counter-DT Set. Also counted up my Subtle Blow and it over caps it with Father Time Path B.

This set gets you 40% Counter, -40% DT, and super high magic evasion. The Subtle Blow I should also be capped. Its a decent set to tough it out in. Especially against stuff that resists dreadspikes.
Code
={
    main={ name="Father Time", augments={'Path: B',}},
    sub="Utu Grip",
    ammo="Aurgelmir Orb +1",
    head="Sakpata's Helm",
    body="Sacro Breastplate",
    hands="Sakpata's Gauntlets",
    legs="Sakpata's Cuisses",
    feet="Sakpata's Leggings",
    neck={ name="Bathy Choker +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
    waist={ name="Sailfi Belt +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
    left_ear="Telos Earring",
    right_ear="Schere Earring",
    left_ring="Chirich Ring +1",
    right_ring="Chirich Ring +1",
    back={ name="Ankou's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Accuracy+10','"Store TP"+10','Counter +10',}},
}

I haven't tried out the earring yet, but it looks really nice to use with Scythe.

Does anyone know if Seigen's Counter rate /SAM is 25%? You'd think it would be a lot lower. I can't remember it proccing too often subbed.

Does counter rate get nerfed on NMs (like Resist silence)?

Also, I get the whole subtle blow/counter thing, but I feel like if I’m using a set to try and stay alive I’d just use Apoc for Catastrophe.
[+]
By 3rbii 2021-03-25 10:28:34
Link | Quote | Reply

would an orpheus sash be better then casso sash for dark magic and better then Austerity Belt +1 for drain aspir
By SimonSes 2021-03-25 11:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

3rbii said: »
would an orpheus sash be better then casso sash for dark magic and better then Austerity Belt +1 for drain aspir

For Drain and Aspir for sure.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-03-25 13:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Fucho-no obi or orpheus sash?
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2021-03-25 13:38:12
Link | Quote | Reply

It’s all going to depend on your range to target... is this not obvious or what
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-03-25 13:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

So under 5 yalms Osash is better?
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2021-03-25 13:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

well +5 potency vs o sash 15 affinity.... Not really sure where it would overtake it. That's more testing than im willing to do atm.
 Asura.Evildemon
By Asura.Evildemon 2021-03-25 14:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »
well +5 potency vs o sash 15 affinity.... Not really sure where it would overtake it. That's more testing than im willing to do atm.

Better question is when are you going to update this guides gearsets to show where the odyssey armor overtakes what's currently there. If it really changes the game, I might have to start playing Drk again as my main DD for anything I do.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-03-25 14:35:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Evildemon said: »
Asura.Azagarth said: »

Better question is when are you going to update this guides gearsets to show where the odyssey armor overtakes what's currently there. If it really changes the game, I might have to start playing Drk again as my main DD for anything I do.

This game is not about finding a shopping list of what is best and then ignore all other gear. Evaluations of Sakpata gear vs current options are highly dependent on the weapon choices you make, target stats, buffs you will be receiving, and at what level of augments you're currently at. The ability to take advantage of PDL gear varies based on all these things, and will change how much you can maximize the value of it.

For -DT and meva needs, its pretty easy to self-compare to your existing pieces on a per slot basis and see what is better for you, and what isn't (hint- for those needs, its gonna be damn hard to beat from the moment you can buy the set).

For WS sets, its going to vary again based on buffs compared to more traditional gearing options (base stat, WSD).

And when talking about Nyame gear, everyone's needs are going to vary based upon the jobs they have and what they desire to "max out" and how. I may opt for doing path B legs because my RDM, COR, and RUN will absolutely love them, but it will be a negligible gain for DRK (at best). That set is for most of us going to be a decision not based on one job, but all our jobs.

Asura.Botosi said: »

Schere Earring is amazing for Scythe builds. Entropy fits into darkness skillchains so easily, and isn't ***damage, so one every now and then and the MP loss from Schere isn't even noticed. And it sure doesn't hurt that the first augment to appear is accuracy, making getting a few tics back compared to something like Cessance super easy.

I don't use it with Greatsword though.
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2021-03-26 14:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Evildemon said: »
Better question is when are you going to update this guides gearsets to show where the odyssey armor overtakes what's currently there.

I dont play much anymore, so little real content I do now that I havent even stepped foot into odys except for roe clears and a few chest farms before all this gear came out to r15 some stuff.

I normally do not add anything until I have personally tested it, but most of the new gear should be blarring obvious when it wins over what you have.

You are 100% correct though the guide is out of date, and thats the issue now. I don't have the free time to be testng/updating it with how fast SE making gear obsolete sadly. Nor can I since I dont own any yet, ever?

With that said I would be more than willing to let everyone here collaboratively figure out BiS, post it, and I will update accordingly. if you are willing to do this then that will help us out a ton.
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-04-06 03:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone picked up an Agwu's Scythe? I was browsing the rewards and just noticed it has the same (but less potent) Souleater+ stat as Dacnomania. It also has Stalwart Soul+ which I found surprising. Was curious if anyone tested it out.
By SimonSes 2021-04-06 05:07:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
Has anyone picked up an Agwu's Scythe? I was browsing the rewards and just noticed it has the same (but less potent) Souleater+ stat as Dacnomania. It also has Stalwart Soul+ which I found surprising. Was curious if anyone tested it out.

99.99% its +30%HP as damage per hit and reduce HP% taken to 2%.
I can see this being useful for very low attack scenario with 9999HP with drain 3, but otherwise not really? Scythe is a slow high damage weapon, so with buffs and capped or close to capped attack even 3000 damage added with 9999HP would on avg barely mimic empy AM3 (or maybe even not) for white damage. It would also boost multihit WSs quite nicely, but there is not really much good multihit WSs for Scythe. You could I guess hold tp to 2000+ and do Entropy for 50k+, but that would still be similar damage to just use AM3 redemption and do Cross reaper at 2000+ and worse than use AM3 Caladbolg and use Torcleaver at 2000+, except both empy wouldn't need constant healing to maintain dps. Even with 2% hp taken per hit, you would lose HP very fast and added damage is 30% of current hp, not max hp, so you need to be topped to get keep getting that +3000 per hit.

Like I said tho, it looks interesting for low attack maybe, because that added damage is static.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-04-06 07:22:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a Dacnomania, so I know how the Souleater boost works...

Was asking if anyone had bought Agwu's Scythe by chance and tested it to see if it does what the description says it does.

It could be broken like Sakpata's Cuisses and Mpaca's Cap were, and my gil is tied up so I can't purchase it at the moment.
 Bahamut.Atigeve
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Atigeve 2021-04-07 22:18:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Any reason to use any sakpata in AM3 (been answered just correcting how this should have been worded) and thoughts on using it to build tp
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-04-08 02:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Atigeve said: »
Thoughts on sakpata being fit into a Liberator AM3 set?

....horribly.

1. Double Attack weakens the potency of Mythic Aftermath.

2. Almost zero Store TP.

Its probably the one set of mine for DRK that I can safely say isn't touched in some way by Sakpata.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-04-08 06:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

....horribly.

2. Almost zero Store TP.

Its probably the one set of mine for DRK that I can safely say isn't touched in some way by Sakpata.

While it doesnt synergize well, at attack cap its not that huge of a drop, so its still good hybrid set for Liberator imo.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2021-04-08 10:37:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Double attack doesn't actually weaken the potency of Mythic AM3. It's just not really beneficial either.

Ignoring all other slots, the increase in average attacks per round from naked slots to full Sakpata (30% DA) would be .06 (1.8-->1.86)
[+]
By flyingtaru 2021-04-08 12:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

No one has naked slots....
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2021-04-08 13:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2021-04-08 13:18:32
Link | Quote | Reply

You'll lose like 45 STP going 5/5 Sakpata assuming the hands aren't augmented. That's not good at all.
[+]
 Leviathan.Eloc
user: Eloc
By Leviathan.Eloc 2021-04-08 13:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Friedrik said: »
You'll lose like 45 STP going 5/5 Sakpata assuming the hands aren't augmented. That's not good at all.

You'll lose approximately a Bolstered Attunement level of Magic Evasion by not wearing Sakpata. Which is also not good.
[+]
 Asura.Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2021-04-08 14:10:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Eloc said: »
You'll lose approximately a Bolstered Attunement level of Magic Evasion by not wearing Sakpata. Which is also not good.

If only there was an alternative, incredibly popular weapon that synergizes well with Sakpata's
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Server: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2021-04-08 15:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

wow, nice profile pic there friedrik. o.o those rmt are really trying to screw you guys over there
 Asura.Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2021-04-08 15:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Aladeus said: »
wow, nice profile pic there friedrik. o.o those rmt are really trying to screw you guys over there

Odoro's been around for like 4 months too, it's wild
 Bahamut.Atigeve
By Bahamut.Atigeve 2021-04-08 16:18:02
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

....horribly.

2. Almost zero Store TP.

While it doesnt synergize well, at attack cap its not that huge of a drop, so its still good hybrid set for Liberator imo.
Yes that I generally know, I aim for TA, QA and STP with acc mostly in my am3 set, just seeing if anyone had ideas on incorporating bc i was coming up empty in my head.
 Bahamut.Atigeve
By Bahamut.Atigeve 2021-04-08 16:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Friedrik said: »
Leviathan.Eloc said: »

If only there was an alternative, incredibly popular weapon that synergizes well with Sakpata's
yeah I have calad and apoc too, still love liberator though :)
 Asura.Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2021-04-08 16:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah I have calad and apoc too, still love liberator though :)
Same here, love Liberator. There's a post around here that compares a properly built Lib to being the doomguy, and that's pretty accurate.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 53 54 55