Random Politics & Religion #17

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #17
Random Politics & Religion #17
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30
By fonewear 2017-01-12 16:17:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
So much of today's news is stories about the story about the intelligence report.

But one thing bothers me. This was opposition research2 first produced for the Jeb! crew. Jeb dropped out over 10 months ago. The report was shopped around.

Why did it only break now?

Anyone want to make up a good conspiracy theory?
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By fonewear 2017-01-12 16:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically the RAND corporation is behind everything.
By Yatenkou 2017-01-12 17:51:29
Link | Quote | Reply

So who here thinks WWIII might be a legit thing now? Getting a little scared now with the talks of the 70,0000 soldiers and 3,600 tanks being positioned on the border of Kaliningrad (Russia's detached territory that has those nukes in it)
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-01-12 19:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yat we are SO over WWIII.

That was the cold war.

We are currently in the world wide cyber war. We are loosing badly. It may be WWIV or WWV depending on you parameters.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-01-12 19:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn, Fone actually got me to watch a video clip....
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2017-01-12 23:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Holy crap, even Salon is starting to realize that attacks on Trump might be backfiring. I mean, sure, they refuse to acknowledge their own contributions over the past year and are putting BuzzFeed on the sacrificial altar as the scapegoat, but it's progress... I think.

BuzzFeed’s inauguration gift to Donald Trump: Publishing outrageous rumors, true or false, only helps him

Will this finally change the way media covers Trump?

True progress requires self introspection.

Continue with the circular firing squad!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2017-01-12 23:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
They will soon learn the just have to report on the truth

Please don't hold your breath...
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2017-01-12 23:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Yatenkou said: »
So who here thinks WWIII might be a legit thing now? Getting a little scared now with the talks of the 70,0000 soldiers and 3,600 tanks being positioned on the border of Kaliningrad (Russia's detached territory that has those nukes in it)
Thanks Obama!

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By eliroo 2017-01-13 10:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

If the media keeps challenging Trumps ties to Russia we very well might be in another war, since he will have to show that he has no ties to russia rather aggressively.

No idea why people are against having peaceful relations with another country.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-01-13 10:25:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
eliroo said: »
No idea why people are against having peaceful relations with another country.

That's very Canadian of you, but I think it's very hard to be peaceful with a country that tried pretty hard to influence your elections.

Welp, then I guess we can't be peaceful with a vast majority of South America, Eastern Europe, Japan, or countries in the Pacific Ring of Fire, because we've done our fair share of meddling in all of those areas.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-01-13 10:31:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Welp, then I guess we can't be peaceful with a vast majority of South America, Eastern Europe, Japan, or countries in the Pacific Ring of Fire, because we've done our fair share of meddling in all of those areas.

That's what happens when you try to be the world police I guess.

Well, we'll have to be if we're going to automatically be sworn enemies with every country that ever mildly offended us and vice versa. Who needs diplomacy when we can have grudges?
[+]
By fonewear 2017-01-13 10:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The reason America is a world police is that is how you get things done. If we acted like Canada (weak as hell)we wouldn't have any power to get things done.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-01-13 10:56:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with you, but what's going to stop Russia from doing it again, if it's cool they meddle in your elections?

EVERYONE meddles in our elections!!!

Every prime minister and president in the free world /twocents on our shitshow of an election and they do it every stinking year.

The only thing unique about Russia was they were one of the only ones that didn't support Shrillary.... so obviously we should open up a can of whoopass on them for not showing proper respect to OBAMA ...or kick out a few *** /whoopdy woo finger /whistles

oh yeah... that'll learn 'em

look everyone hacks everyone else, everyone spies on everyone else and everyone tries to influence everyone else's elections.

case dismissed

/gavel
[+]
By fonewear 2017-01-13 11:02:12
Link | Quote | Reply

If you need a laugh today here you go:

@Rosie "I FULLY SUPPORT IMPOSING MARTIAL LAW - DELAYING THE INAUGURATION - UNTIL TRUMP IS "CLEARED" OF ALL CHARGES"
[+]
By fonewear 2017-01-13 11:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump's response:

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-01-13 11:05:06
Link | Quote | Reply

That's what happens when you try to be the world police I guess.

Well, we'll have to be if we're going to automatically be sworn enemies with every country that ever mildly offended us and vice versa. Who needs diplomacy when we can have grudges?

I agree with you, but what's going to stop Russia from doing it again, if it's cool they meddle in your elections?

It's not black and white. For starters, treat all countries the same. Don't be complacent when everyone else is hacking government agencies and then only lash out at the country that hacks the account of some idiot private citizen who doesn't know how phishing works. When you draw a line in the sand ahead of time with clear repercussions and then you actually follow through, that's incentive to not screw with us. However, when you cherry pick based on news cycles and domestic political expedience, you're a diplomatic disaster waiting to happen.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By eliroo 2017-01-13 11:52:08
Link | Quote | Reply

That's very Canadian of you, but I think it's very hard to be peaceful with a country that tried pretty hard to influence your elections.

Do we try to get justice and start a war? Or chalk it up to our mistake and figure out way to prevent something like in the future?

I mean where do we draw the line? The effed up thing is that the Russian's just leaked data to influence an election and Osama ran two planes and kill 3000 people on US soil and liberals were against a war with him.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-01-13 12:57:28
Link | Quote | Reply

france tried to influence us election

boycott france!
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2017-01-13 13:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
boycott france!
No one is going to disagree with that.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-01-13 13:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

For everyone still in denial about the elections and the so called "russian hacking scandal" he's an article about us getting caught red handed spying on russia. enjoy!

whoopsie
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-01-13 13:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
boycott france!

they're all a buncha cheese eating surrender monkeys and hillary clinton lovers!
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-01-13 13:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
boycott france!

Russia, France.... We should just boycott any countries with salad dressings named after them. Italy, you're next!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-01-13 13:31:15
Link | Quote | Reply

The problems we have with Russia right now have little to do with the elections and mostly to do with everything happening over in Syria and Eastern Europe...

As for the election yes it's kind of expected as we meddle in elections too but you also just can't shrug it off and ignore it too... it's funny cuz people are mad at Hillary for allegedly making classified info hackable but then on the same hand they don't give a ***or even applaud when outside sources get info and spread it around... I guess if it benefits your point of view then who cares...

I can guarantee you that if Hillary one and there was even a rumor around that Russia meddled and aided her other people would be throwing a fit so be careful what you dismiss before we meet back at the hypocrite table... in any case idk why people keep attributing this stuff to trump... just look at it as a security issue for the nation work on making it not happen again then move on...
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-01-13 13:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Gonna jump topic here for a sec for humor's sake. Why can't all protesting be this awesome?

Man proves point, pays DMV with 300,000 pennies
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30