Random Politics & Religion #17

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #17
Random Politics & Religion #17
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-01-13 13:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
just look at it as a security issue for the nation work on making it not happen again then move on...

It's been reported on as if it's

1.) New
2,) Influenced the election

hacking history

If you want to believe that Farmer Jimbo Gunclinger in Bumfuck Ohio voted against Hillary (or not at all) for any other reason that she is a big fat ***, knock yourself out. Whatever helps you sleep at night is fine by me.

Hillary was a horrible candidate. That she lost to a day glow orange potato with mange is only further proof she had no business running in the first place.

She didn't just lose, She lost to Donald Trump. Which makes her the biggest loser in all of Loserdom that ever lost anything to anyone ever.

THE END
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-01-13 13:51:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I'm HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and can't make the YouTube thing work so here... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sx2scvIFGjE

People who prefer the ACA over Obamacare or vice versa...
By fonewear 2017-01-13 13:51:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »

We tried that with freedom fries and Americans just ate more fries 1
[+]
By fonewear 2017-01-13 13:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-01-13 13:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

just look at it as a security issue for the nation work on making it not happen again then move on...

It's been reported on as if it's

1.) New
2,) Influenced the election

hacking history

If you want to believe that Farmer Jimbo Gunclinger in Bumfuck Ohio voted against Hillary (or not at all) for any other reason that she is a big fat ***, knock yourself out. Whatever helps you sleep at night is fine by me.

Hillary was a horrible candidate. That she lost to a day glow orange potato with mange is only further proof she had no business running in the first place.

She didn't just lose, She lost to Donald Trump. Which makes her the biggest loser in all of Loserdom that ever lost anything to anyone ever.

THE END
Ok... I'm not saying she wasn't a horrible candidate... but if you think some votes aren't influenced by certain information you're looney tunes... just like the grab em by the pussy cringeworthy breaking news lols probably turned some people off of good ol trump...

Either way I'm not trying to attribute anything Russia did or didn't do to trump anyways...
By fonewear 2017-01-13 13:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried boycotting Russia but that means I wouldn't be able to watch any James Bond movies...
By fonewear 2017-01-13 13:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Also of note Joe Biden got a Congressional medal of freedom for being the most kick *** vice president since Al Gore !
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-01-13 14:08:49
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Also of note Joe Biden got a Congressional medal of freedom for being the most kick *** vice president since Al Gore !

I dunno. Biden never shot a guy.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-01-13 14:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE

Well... you have plenty of company...

It all sounded good. If you like you plan you can keep your plan, if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor, plus it will magically cost less and cover everyone...

But I can tell you from personal experience that Obamacare/The ACA isn't affordable nor does it provide any care whatsoever...

Now, I haven't tested the catastrophic loss feature by getting cancer or anything... but as an example my son got an ingrown toenail he had to get removed but our family doc wouldn't do it and of course the only foot doctors in the network weren't taking any new patients... so I ended up paying cash anyways....

When you see it on TV it's a glittering gold gift bag full of wonderous suprises.... then you get it in the mail and it's an empty brown paper bag with promises written on the outside but then you open the bag and discover it's full of puppy ***and then you try to use it and it bursts into flames on your front porch in the middle of the night

everyone LOVES the idea, everyone hates flaming bags of ***on their doorstep...

and that's all I have to say about that....

[+]
 Phoenix.Xantavia
Server: Phoenix
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2017-01-13 15:32:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Gonna jump topic here for a sec for humor's sake. Why can't all protesting be this awesome?

Man proves point, pays DMV with 300,000 pennies
All it proves is that he is an ***. The employees at the DMV have nothing to do with him getting the fines he was protesting. And I really hope they made him count and roll every last cent himself before they accepted it.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-01-13 15:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Xantavia said: »
Gonna jump topic here for a sec for humor's sake. Why can't all protesting be this awesome?

All it proves is that he is an ***. The employees at the DMV have nothing to do with him getting the fines he was protesting. And I really hope they made him count and roll every last cent himself before they accepted it.

He has way too much time on his hands, and apparently too much money to be throwing around on stupid endeavors like this. That being said, the protest wasn't for the fines, it was for the absurdly difficult time he had just getting phone numbers for the DMV. So while I feel for the employees who had to deal with the pennies, I still get the warm fuzzies when someone gives the finger to government for its ineptitude.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-01-13 16:02:37
Link | Quote | Reply

The Spy Who Wrote the Trump-Russia Memos: It Was "Hair-Raising" Stuff
When I broke the story in October, I spoke with him. Here's what he said.

Mother Jones

Openers:
Quote:
Last fall, a week before the election, I broke the story that a former Western counterintelligence official had sent memos to the FBI with troubling allegations related to Donald Trump. The memos noted that this spy's sources had provided him with information indicating that Russian intelligence had mounted a yearslong operation to co-opt or cultivate Trump and had gathered secret compromising material on Trump. They also alleged that Trump and his inner circle had accepted a regular flow of intelligence from the Kremlin. These memos caused a media and political firestorm this week when CNN reported that President Barack Obama and Trump had been told about their existence, as part of briefings on the intelligence community's assessment that Russia hacked political targets during the 2016 campaign to help Trump become president. For my story in October, I spoke with the former spy who wrote these memos, under the condition that I not name him or reveal his nationality or the spy service where he had worked for nearly two decades, mostly on Russian matters.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-01-13 16:15:59
Link | Quote | Reply

He has way too much time on his hands, and apparently too much money to be throwing around on stupid endeavors like this. That being said, the protest wasn't for the fines, it was for the absurdly difficult time he had just getting phone numbers for the DMV. So while I feel for the employees who had to deal with the pennies, I still get the warm fuzzies when someone gives the finger to government for its ineptitude.
So it makes you feel good when someone else contributes to further delays and frustration?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-01-13 16:23:12
Link | Quote | Reply

So it makes you feel good when someone else contributes to further delays and frustration?

Not always. I'm torn on it, tbh. Part of me says, "What a jerk." That doesn't change the fact that there's something humorous about a guy going way out of his way to roll in multiple wheelbarrows of pennies just to make a point.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-01-13 16:24:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
The Spy Who Wrote the Trump-Russia Memos: It Was "Hair-Raising" Stuff
When I broke the story in October, I spoke with him. Here's what he said.

Mother Jones

Openers:
Quote:
Last fall, a week before the election, I broke the story that a former Western counterintelligence official had sent memos to the FBI with troubling allegations related to Donald Trump. The memos noted that this spy's sources had provided him with information indicating that Russian intelligence had mounted a yearslong operation to co-opt or cultivate Trump and had gathered secret compromising material on Trump. They also alleged that Trump and his inner circle had accepted a regular flow of intelligence from the Kremlin. These memos caused a media and political firestorm this week when CNN reported that President Barack Obama and Trump had been told about their existence, as part of briefings on the intelligence community's assessment that Russia hacked political targets during the 2016 campaign to help Trump become president. For my story in October, I spoke with the former spy who wrote these memos, under the condition that I not name him or reveal his nationality or the spy service where he had worked for nearly two decades, mostly on Russian matters.

I'm confused. Are there any intelligent people left who still think that this dossier is legit?
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-01-13 16:48:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't taken the time to look at the memos.
By fonewear 2017-01-13 16:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »

You better get that damn memo or else:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-01-13 17:20:40
Link | Quote | Reply

We are all waiting with bated breath. Please hurry.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-01-13 17:21:36
Link | Quote | Reply

We are all waiting with bated breath. Please hurry.

Let me check my schedule:
1. Watching Nintendo Switch livestream
2. Playing video games for the rest of the evening.

Nope, no time. Maybe tomorrow.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-01-13 18:33:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I could drink to that.

I'm confused. Are there any intelligent people left who still think that this dossier is legit?
Look Rav, its further reporting by the guy who didn't quite break the story but reported on it before the election.

The interesting part is the FBI had it, the whole thing, before the election.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-13 21:05:54
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing unique about Russia was they were one of the only ones that didn't support Shrillary.... so obviously we should open up a can of whoopass on them for not showing proper respect to OBAMA ...or kick out a few *** /whoopdy woo finger /whistles

This is so damn true.

Everyone is trying to influence everyone else's elections, the EU folks are shaming anyone who didn't support Her Majesty. Russia was doing the same thing but for the other candidate and several well connected politicians had "hit lists" drawn up to attack Trump with. The Democrats are now facing the reality that the person in the Presidential Office isn't someone they or even "the other guys" can control and are doing anything and everything to discredit him. They are ordering their media branches to do hit pieces attacking the validity of the election results as a way to discredit the magnitude of his win. Instead of admitting they screwed up, instead of admitting that using tactics of shame and social bulling backfired on them, they will instead just say the Russians did it so problem solved.

Very soon there is going to be a crisis of faith in the Democrat party's leadership. Those guys trying everything they can do deflect blame away from their own mishandling.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-01-13 21:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, where do you get this stuff?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-01-13 21:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

It's extremely disingenuous to compare illicit hacking and spreading of false propaganda to a public statement like the one made by France.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-13 22:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Full story for Pennygate

http://www.heraldcourier.com/news/virginia-man-spends-to-deliver-pennies-to-lebanon-dmv/article_7ce44fc2-ea36-5638-9358-25bc5d01a5dd.html

Basically the DMV people jerked him around when he had to ask some questions so he resorted to a FOIA request which they complied with. He then asked for the other nine DMV numbers and they wouldn't give them to him, even after just being forced to do so with a FOIA so he decided to dial it up to 11 to make a point. Filed a court case accusing the DMV of violating a few laws regarding public information availability, which they were. The result was the state DA handing him a paper with the requested numbers in the court room and the Judge dismissing the whole matter. The pennies were the final jab to prove a point on a very personal level. Never again will a DMV office in Virginia forget what can happen if they screw around with people like that.

Phone numbers for government offices are considered "public information" and must be made available upon request, especially for managerial positions with titles. They weren't wanting to give them, either deliberately or as a part of an illegal policy.
[+]
By crimsondragon 2017-01-13 22:58:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Very soon there is going to be a crisis of faith in the Democrat party's leadership.

It's already happening. Harry is gone, Nancy had her standing nearly taken away, she will most likely be gone by the next election. They have lost hundreds of seats in our government. States are bleeding Red that have been Blue for decades. With Obama out in 7 more days we get to sit back and watch whats left implode over the ACA.

Then as icing on the cake, watch Trump put at the very least one Conservative on the scotus, probably two!

But our facts I don't like media is waving its hands saying look over here! It's hilarious to watch democrats stomp their feet and apparently be oblivious as to why all this is happening.
By Yatenkou 2017-01-13 23:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Yat we are SO over WWIII.

That was the cold war.

We are currently in the world wide cyber war. We are loosing badly. It may be WWIV or WWV depending on you parameters.
no no no, I mean after the situation in the south china sea. Anyone got any updates? Last I heard, China said the only way they'd leave is through large scale war.
By Viciouss 2017-01-13 23:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing is going on, China wasn't happy with Tillerson's comments but it isn't even assured he is going to get confirmed. And lol at Nancy Pelosi being "gone," she essentially ran unopposed in '16. She isn't going anywhere kiddos.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-01-13 23:43:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing is going on, China wasn't happy with Tillerson's comments but it isn't even assured he is going to get confirmed. And lol at Nancy Pelosi being "gone," she essentially ran unopposed in '16. She isn't going anywhere kiddos.

That isn't something you should be happy about. She basically serves a purpose for Congressional Democrats with her connections, but overall she's basically a net negative for the party. In case you haven't noticed, the status quo is not working well for them.
[+]
By crimsondragon 2017-01-13 23:52:11
Link | Quote | Reply

It's cool. You can pay no attention to the fact her speaker position drew fire this go around which only shows her party is finally finding fault with her. You can look at the fact that " she essentially ran unopposed in '16" as a sign nobody with any ability will depose her next election. Even thinking that Tillerson not being confirmed will somehow hold back the Trump administration from laying waste to the democrat agenda of the past 10 years is very positive thinking.

Learning nothing from the massive defeat handed to the Democrat party and the platforms they run on. Sure, I support that decision and more power to you.

It's like having my cake AND eating it, with sprinkles!
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30