New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Jack of All Trades: A Guide to Red Mage
Jack of All Trades: A Guide to Red Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 43 44 45 ... 141 142 143
By Afania 2019-01-25 13:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
"Adjustments to the Red Mage job" coming in the next version update. Adjustments being the plural term so it's going to be more than just one change.

I think we can rule new spells out. As much as I'd like to see Red Mage get Virus, especially since some NMs can cast it, I don't think we'll see that.

From the looks of the picture featured at least one of the changes concerns Saboteur, at least I think that animation is Saboteur's. I wonder if they're reducing the penalty when using a Saboteur'd spell on an ITG target, or if they're making it so a Saboteur'd spell cannot be removed via Erase or Na.

I'd honestly like to see Enspell II finally get fixed so they're a stronger version of a first tier Enspell. Make both tiers share the same calculation for initial damage and make it so Enspell II procs on all hits of an attack round. Enspell II should still increase damage with attacks landed as they currently do. Enspell II being buffed like that would make the Path C Crocea Mors even nastier as well. Can you imagine how much damage a fully powered up Enspell II would do with the Crocea?

Give saboteur an elemental seal effect go :)
 Asura.Snapster
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Mojopojo
By Asura.Snapster 2019-01-25 13:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Fencer should add JA Haste instead of crit rate >_>
[+]
By geigei 2019-01-25 13:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
Asura.Cicion said: »
Sword and dagger skill boost
in regard to melee side... RDM is the original fencer. fencing degen, fencer's ring, & fencer's earring. It should have the highest fencer job trait of all, yet it's not even on the list.
And yet all those items have nothing to do with fencer trait.
By Chimerawizard 2019-01-25 14:22:58
Link | Quote | Reply

seeing as all those items existed long before the trait was added; that shouldn't be a surprise.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-01-25 14:38:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Dual wield

Thats all i want...
[+]
By Asura.Hadroncollider 2019-01-25 15:27:51
Link | Quote | Reply

what About that Ardor spell they mentioned years ago?
By Monko 2019-01-25 15:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Dual wield

Thats all i want...

This is very simple yet would be an amazing adjustment for Rdm. If there were a vote, I'm with this guy.
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2019-01-25 15:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I want flash back.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-01-25 16:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nuance said: »
I want flash back

[+]
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2019-01-25 16:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol
[+]
By Asura.Jugsofholyness 2019-01-27 16:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Byrne said: »
I made a few more updates to the sets in the guides, and added in a set for Impact, as well as a place for it under Elemental Magic list, as it was completely absent.

Wouldn't subbing NIN to dual wield Eletta Sword and Eletta Club be BiS for MACC atm?
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-01-27 16:25:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jugsofholyness said: »
I made a few more updates to the sets in the guides, and added in a set for Impact, as well as a place for it under Elemental Magic list, as it was completely absent.

Wouldn't subbing NIN to dual wield Eletta Sword and Eletta Club be BiS for MACC atm?

It would be your best combo if you already ARE/nin (aside from Mythic with AM up) but Enki Strap and Raetic+1 has higher m.acc skill, INT, and magic accuracy.

Edit: you can obviously still use these as /nin. redacted.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-01-27 16:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

This would be so huge. I only really sub BLM for that and occassionally sleepga/breakga. I could only imagine if they did that and gave it DW. Could you imagine seeing RDM/WAR running around? :|
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-01-27 16:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

This would be so huge. I only really sub BLM for that and occassionally sleepga/breakga. I could only imagine if they did that and gave it DW. Could you imagine seeing RDM/WAR running around? :|

Yes, don't like the random wasting of Sab due to a resist or bad luck, and also don't like to have my sub dictated by one absolutely must-land debuff.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-01-27 16:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
When the rdm can haste 18 people for ~10 minutes from outside the alliance, and continue to maintain that buff without ever joining a party it is broken. Doesn't matter that it takes 4 minutes to do it, because they never have to take a party spot to do it.

This still wouldn't be broken. Given how much DPS spells and gear they have given over the last 3 years, it doesn't seem crazy to me that they might want RDM to be able to do it's job without completely halting everything else it's doing. Even BLU can do an AoE haste 2, and it was NEVER designed to buff other members period. On a scale of 1 to 10 of game breaking I'd give it a 2.

It would be game breaking changing
By Asura.Jugsofholyness 2019-01-27 17:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

\

It would be your best combo if you already ARE/nin (aside from Mythic with AM up) but Enki Strap and Raetic+1 has higher m.acc skill, INT, and magic accuracy.

Raetic Staff +1 gives 62 MACC, and 242 MACC Skill.
Enki gives 10 macc and 10 MACC from INT/MND.

Eletta Sword gives 30 MACC and 231 MACC Skill.
Eletta Club gives 30 MACC and 231 MACC Skill.

All I know is I spammed the goddamned ***out of Blind 2, Frazzle 2, and all the other debuffs for a good 8 minutes against Maju with Dual Wield Eletta (which is supposed to be permanent Elemental Seal) and my debuffs STILL had a hard time landing on that idiot.

EDIT:
Thing's I didn't have when I tried to Blind Maju:

AF Hat +3 (Have +2)
AF Body +3 (Have +2)
Eletta Bow (Have Regal Gem)
Food
GEO-Languor
Warlock's Roll

So I'm basically missing 142 MACC (217 if you count Languor). The Dual Wielded Eletta's should've basically covered that missing # alrdy and yet I could still barely land anything on Maju.
By Chimerawizard 2019-01-27 17:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Does "Magic Accuracy Skill" in off-hand do anything? I have no idea.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-01-27 18:24:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't seem to, or if it does it's severely kneecapped.
 Leviathan.Mcdonalds
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Mcdonalds 2019-01-27 18:29:36
Link | Quote | Reply

\

Raetic Staff +1 gives 62 MACC, and 242 MACC Skill.
Enki gives 10 macc and 10 MACC from INT/MND.

Eletta Sword gives 30 MACC and 231 MACC Skill.
Eletta Club gives 30 MACC and 231 MACC Skill.

All I know is I spammed the goddamned ***out of Blind 2, Frazzle 2, and all the other debuffs for a good 8 minutes against Maju with Dual Wield Eletta (which is supposed to be permanent Elemental Seal) and my debuffs STILL had a hard time landing on that idiot.

EDIT:
Thing's I didn't have when I tried to Blind Maju:

AF Hat +3 (Have +2)
AF Body +3 (Have +2)
Eletta Bow (Have Regal Gem)
Food
GEO-Languor
Warlock's Roll

So I'm basically missing 142 MACC (217 if you count Languor). The Dual Wielded Eletta's should've basically covered that missing # alrdy and yet I could still barely land anything on Maju.

My rdm gear isnt all that great. I used su5 sword. Dont have any gear +2 for rdm. Gain Mnd, two mnd etudes, elemental seal. Idk if dark threnody helped by landed every time this way. Didnt need geo or the best gear. Didnt use food either.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-01-27 20:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

No it doesn't... at all. Only main hand values are used but magic accuracy does work off hand.
[+]
By Asura.Jugsofholyness 2019-01-27 23:09:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

No it doesn't... at all. Only main hand values are used but magic accuracy does work off hand.

Oh that is hella stupid wtf
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2019-01-27 23:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really. It would make things needlessly more complicated to balance if it did work offhand.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-01-27 23:40:00
Link | Quote | Reply

"Magic Accuracy Skill" is meant to level us up to that iLevel value, having it work in both hands would be extremely broken necessitating SE creating monsters even more broken to handle our brokenness.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-01-28 00:29:06
Link | Quote | Reply

"Magic Accuracy Skill" is meant to level us up to that iLevel value, having it work in both hands would be extremely broken necessitating SE creating monsters even more broken to handle our brokenness.

Exactly, if it applied in offhand I'm pretty sure nobody that owned Murgleis would be caught dead using Amurappi Shield
By SimonSes 2019-01-28 02:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Exactly, if it applied in offhand I'm pretty sure nobody that owned Murgleis would be caught dead using Amurappi Shield

That shield is still not batter for macc than su5 sword in offhand, but you can only dual wield with dnc or nin sub job and like few ppl noticed, you are sometimes force to take other sj.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-01-28 06:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

That shield is still not batter for macc than su5 sword in offhand, but you can only dual wield with dnc or nin sub job and like few ppl noticed, you are sometimes force to take other sj.

DNC and NIN sucks for any time you would actually need to land enfeebles on hard things, /SCH on the other hand is extremely powerful.
 Valefor.Ophannus
Server: Valefor
user: Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2019-01-28 13:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I always thought it was crappy that WHM gets Arise and BLM gets Meteor, but RDM got...Gravity II? We should have gotten something awesome. Like Pain from FF8, or Ardor. It could have been an awesome capstone level 99 spell that puts several debuffs on a target. It could be Attack Down, Defense Down, Evasion Down, Magic Evasion Down all under one unique debuff, that stacks with everything else. Gravity II was garbage upon release, especially since they added Distract II.

I think I used it a few times in Incursion when one popular strat was to just kite the megaboss while you killed the adds. It was also good for soloing some Orb fights on Easy/Normal, like some of the AAs.
 Valefor.Ophannus
Server: Valefor
user: Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2019-01-28 13:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

When the rdm can haste 18 people for ~10 minutes from outside the alliance, and continue to maintain that buff without ever joining a party it is broken.

Embrava would like a word with you. Idk what the duration is now, probably nerfed, but several years ago it was like 12.5 minutes when fully buffed. Longer, if you refreshed the effect before Tabula Rasa wore off.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2019-01-28 13:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Ophannus said: »
When the rdm can haste 18 people for ~10 minutes from outside the alliance, and continue to maintain that buff without ever joining a party it is broken.

Embrava would like a word with you. Idk what the duration is now, probably nerfed, but several years ago it was like 12.5 minutes when fully buffed. Longer, if you refreshed the effect before Tabula Rasa wore off.

It's garbage now, 4+ mins. Though Regen V is still pretty hax.
By Chimerawizard 2019-01-28 13:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Ophannus said: »

It'd be so nice if embrava cap'd at 30~ haste instead of 25.9 :(
or if they'd give bard just one more march+1 outside of instrument slot.

edit:
embrava duration...90s 3 max aug telchine, rf2+3 body, rf3+1 hands, Su5 weapon: 90*1.3*1.32*2.55=393~ 6min 33sec
should be the max possible until empyreans get their upgrade.
First Page 2 3 ... 43 44 45 ... 141 142 143