2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Jack of All Trades: A Guide to Red Mage
Jack of All Trades: A Guide to Red Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 36 37 38 ... 141 142 143
By Aerix 2018-09-22 15:36:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Could someone test with +1 or +2 torques to verify that it's just the NQ torque? Maybe there was a mistranslation and it's actually "Received" duration for all of them.
 Bismarck.Ringoko
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2018-09-22 19:50:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Beirmos said: »
Just tested both NQ (before I got hq) and HQ and both only work as Received Duration, I tried it every which way possible and nothing changed for the target only myself. I hope this is not intended this way because it would be a major letdown since I already started augmenting it.

Re: HQ1, confirming Beirmos' results. HQ1 yields no extra duration when casting on others.

Bummer.
By Aerix 2018-09-23 01:10:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, the torques are still amazing despite that. Just slightly less amazing than before.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-23 01:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it too much to ask for proper translations though. Pretty upsetting to not get what you thought it would be.
[+]
By SimonSes 2018-09-23 05:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

About the "elemental weapon skill damage" on su5 sword.. i wonder.. only other item I remeber with that wording is Mekira-oto and it does kinda difderent thing than you would expect from reading that translation.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-09-23 13:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

At this point we need to see if it's really a matter of bad translation (can anybody check the JP description?) or if it's just a bug and it's giving "enhancing magic received duration+" instead than "duration +" by mistake.

If it's the latter case we should storm SE with requests so that they can finally ackowledge the issue and solve it.

Personally I'm much less interested in the +2 if it's really meant to be received duration instead of duration... I'll settle for the +1 probably if that turns out to be the case.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-09-23 14:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply

The enhancing part is just convenience; it's the enfeebling duration and potency that should be the real reason to get the +2 version.
[+]
By Aerix 2018-09-23 17:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, Enhancing Duration does make Refresh III (and buffs in general) more MP efficient, so there's that... assuming it ever matters. But the torque's other stats are definitely the real selling point.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2018-09-23 20:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I suppose I won't complain considering how good the neck is, but would it kill them to translate ***properly sometimes. Feels like we're playing pictionary every update.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-09-24 02:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
The enhancing part is just convenience; it's the enfeebling duration and potency that should be the real reason to get the +2 version.
Duration (in general) is more than "just" convenience to me, when you have to keep Haste2 (and more) on a whole alliance.

It's not the main selling point of the neck, but it was ONE of the selling points for me.
Without that I don't think I want to spend 150m on the RDM neck, but to each his own of course, I wasn't judging people who do, just manifesting my personal intent.

Now make that 50m and we're talking! xD
Not sure what to do now. Getting +1 while waiting for +2 price to go down?

Cons: Those are 15 mils gil that you are permanently wasting on the +1 that could've gone on the +2 fund.

Pros: It's a pretty damn good compromise while waiting for +2 price to go down, which will take quite a while.
[+]
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2018-09-24 08:56:42
Link | Quote | Reply

A friend who speaks japanese checked it for me and for those wondering if it's a mistranslation in the JP client it says 強化魔法効果時間+x%, means "Enhanced magic effect time + x%" according to google. Maybe it's just a bug?

Sorry if I'm not reading too closely, but we did an additional test with WHM casting protect on me, time went up with torque on vs not on... so despite the description, it's behaving as received. Edit: nvm someone did check this, just a confirmation I guess.
[+]
By zaxtiss 2018-09-24 09:50:25
Link | Quote | Reply

hey all,

i'm playing around on RDM some and i was wondering what macc range should i be aiming for in Dyna D runs?
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2018-09-24 11:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 360919

That’s what I use for basically everything and have no issues landing anything except silence on the off named volte bosses, those take a few casts to land silence on even with a more accuracy oriented build for me. Between stewpot and the above I rarely have the need for a full on Macc set.

Edit: actually I’m sub nin DD’n most of the time so I’m using murgleis And tenrion or almace off hand
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-09-24 12:00:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a lot of issues with Wave 3 honestly. I don't have the best gear, but I'm not too far off. Enough to make a significant difference though.

ItemSet 361568

I don't have problems with the megaboss or the regular volte mobs, but I basically can't land anything on the volte NMs

Edit: meaning the sweet spot is somewhere between my set and that kickasss set the other guy posted.
 Asura.Nuance
By Asura.Nuance 2018-09-24 12:18:34
Link | Quote | Reply

If you’re having issues landing spells in general then the upgrades I see right off the bat is another stikini over the duration ring and af body+2/3 if you have it and the biggest upgrade being a grio with enki strap or some other Macc strap

I love RDM it is by far my favorite job to play and ffxiah I find to be quite useful in the setting of my gear goals below is a link to my own node that displays all of my gear some of which admittedly I don’t have like shamash and regal gloves because the game hates me but I love making sets plugging them into that node so I have all the variations of gear I want to strive to obtain to get on the “next level”.

RDM - node

I lurk the rdm forum all day long and edit this thing all the time to constantly have a goal of what I’d like set. Plenty of things are brought to light that I would personally never have thought of such as the subtle blow set that someone brought up awhile back. I siphon ideas from all over to help towards my end goal
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-09-24 12:31:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nuance said: »
If you’re having issues landing spells in general then the upgrades I see right off the bat is another stikini over the duration ring and af body+2/3 if you have it and the biggest upgrade being a grio with enki strap or some other Macc strap

The Rubicundity and Shield end up being very close to a maximum augment Grio with Enki Strap for accuracy. Would give me more skill though for potency.

Mostly my issue is upgrades. Relic +3 head, Stikini Rings +1, Kaykaus Hands +1 would give me significantly more acc.
By zaxtiss 2018-09-24 12:39:01
Link | Quote | Reply

any idea how much macc you got in those sets?

with stewpot i hit 460 macc i'd like to see if thats to low or not.
 Asura.Nuance
By Asura.Nuance 2018-09-24 12:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

The day SE takes the time (lol) to add it into a check parameter system I’ll know. I could count it all up and assume the general area but no I have no idea.

I eyeball everything 99% of the time and let those who genuinely care about math do the math.

And any time you add augments into the equation it will differ greatly for all involved.

But iirc my grio is 13mnd 28 Macc 16 Enfeebling skill and my pants are about the same MND and Macc
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-09-24 12:44:37
Link | Quote | Reply

My set is ~410 in just macc and skill. Not accounting for MND or food.
 Asura.Nuance
By Asura.Nuance 2018-09-24 13:13:20
Link | Quote | Reply

If I added it right; Macc: 491 MND: 373 skill:74

MND accounts for 55mnd from gain MND with +3 relic

Plus stewpot over 500 near 600 Macc

And what that all comes to in total accuracy idfk depends on the enemy

From bg; 1 Skill = 1 Magic Accuracy
Magic Accuracy for Songs is proportional to the sum of Singing skill and Instrument skill for the equipped instrument type, but it is unclear whether there is a further modifier.
dSTAT : The difference between a caster's attribute and the same attribute on the target.
+1 Stat = +1 Magic Accuracy until dSTAT > 10~15 at which point +1 Stat = +0.5 Magic Accuracy

No idea what MND is like for volte bosses but assuming the rest is right with food and skill added it’s 655 macc

W3 volte bosses almost goes without saying dia3 -> frazzle 2 -> saboteur if up frazzle 3 -> silence if mage -> distract-> other crap
 Valefor.Gorns
Server: Valefor
user: Gorns
By Valefor.Gorns 2018-09-24 14:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nuance said: »

I love RDM it is by far my favorite job to play and ffxiah I find to be quite useful in the setting of my gear goals below is a link to my own node that displays all of my gear some of which admittedly I don’t have like shamash and regal gloves because the game hates me but I love making sets plugging them into that node so I have all the variations of gear I want to strive to obtain to get on the “next level”.

RDM - node

I lurk the rdm forum all day long and edit this thing all the time to constantly have a goal of what I’d like set. Plenty of things are brought to light that I would personally never have thought of such as the subtle blow set that someone brought up awhile back. I siphon ideas from all over to help towards my end goal

<3

Thanx !
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-09-26 10:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello!

Can someone show me their Frazzle 3 set please? I'm having issues hitting the 625 skill requirements to cap it out.

Perhaps its less skill and more effect + gear? I don't quite understand the relation between + potency gear and + skill gear to hit the cap for this spell.

Thank you!
By Boshi 2018-09-26 11:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

effect+% > skill, don't worry about reaching that number exactly.

this is ideal set for poison2 / frazz3 / dis3:
ItemSet 361639

(aptus is a pain and I've never actually seen an enfeeb+2)

for poison:
ear downgrade for aptus: digni.
grio: enfeeb+16 w/ as much macc+ as possible
back: macc30 int20 fc10

for dis/fraz:
ear downgrade for aptus: regal
grio: enfeeb+16 w/ as much mnd as possible (15max), then macc
back: mnd30 macc20 fc10
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-09-26 12:16:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Im trying to cap frazzle/distract 3 without a geo to give me macc.

Thanks for the fast response!

Would this set get me capped?

ItemSet 361643

Grio mind+16 macc+24 enfeebleskill+13
kaykaus hands path A
Chironic hose mind+10 macc+33
Guildwork Premium
By Quendi210 2018-09-26 12:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
Im trying to cap frazzle/distract 3 without a geo to give me macc.

Thanks for the fast response!

Would this set get me capped?

ItemSet 361643

Grio mind+16 macc+24 enfeebleskill+13
kaykaus hands path A
Chironic hose mind+10 macc+33

The caps on potency are 625/610 Enfeebling Magic Skill. What content are you trying to land these spells for?
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-09-26 13:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry about that.

Wave 2/3 boss in Dyna D and Reisn helms
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-09-26 13:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Boshi said: »
effect+% > skill, don't worry about reaching that number exactly.

This is very important.

Lethargy Sayon +1 has +14 effect.

Looking at the equation on bg wiki, here's a couple of loose rules for determining potency.

1. 1 point of skill roughly = .28 potency (Translation, 4 skill = -1 eva/meva)
2. The equation hits -100 eva/meva at 540 skill, which should be pretty easy to hit.
3. Over the 540 skill threshold, +1 enfeebling effect is worth at least 4 skill
4. Lethargy Sayon +1 is worth at least 56 skill in terms of potency.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-09-26 13:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Fantastic Information

Having that said. I should be at 634 (ish) Enfeebling skill with the below set. Which should cap Frazzle 3 Potency.

ItemSet 361643
First Page 2 3 ... 36 37 38 ... 141 142 143