2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Jack of All Trades: A Guide to Red Mage
Jack of All Trades: A Guide to Red Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 33 34 35 ... 141 142 143
By Aerix 2018-08-24 11:35:48
Link | Quote | Reply

By the way, has anybody ever tested Raetic Kris+1 vs Ternion+1 at any point? I'd be interested how far apart they are in zergs or for general purpose.

I never end up using my MP in a lot of fights when spamming SB, so Raetic+1 seems like it would be a nice way to utilize my pool + Refresh III.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-08-24 12:30:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Having only been previously interested in the Algol and the Staff from the raetic weapon collection, my first question is have the 1-handed ones been tested for the offhand? If they do I'd be extremely interested as well- an additional 3dt in a melee build without any sacrifice would be quite lovely.
By Afania 2018-08-24 12:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Having only been previously interested in the Algol and the Staff from the raetic weapon collection, my first question is have the 1-handed ones been tested for the offhand?

Afaik they do, that's why Tiz/raetic +1 is a thing on blu.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-08-24 13:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Having only been previously interested in the Algol and the Staff from the raetic weapon collection, my first question is have the 1-handed ones been tested for the offhand?

Afaik they do, that's why Tiz/raetic +1 is a thing on blu.

Thank you. Don't play BLU at all so wasn't aware. But yeah that's the only way it would be a thing, if it worked offhand.
By Aerix 2018-08-24 13:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Do Tiz/Raetic BLUs spam CDC over SB while zerging? I haven't seen one on my server so far so I'm curious. Losing Sequence's TP Bonus and base DMG would be a pretty big hit to SB.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-08-24 13:31:25
Link | Quote | Reply

You either do that or Expiacion- usually the former.
[+]
By Afania 2018-08-24 13:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerix said: »
Do Tiz/Raetic BLUs spam CDC over SB while zerging? I haven't seen one on my server so far so I'm curious. Losing Sequence's TP Bonus and base DMG would be a pretty big hit to SB.

CDC still has the advantage of light SC, so it's not THAT horrible. Especially for the contents BLU usually get used: which is not woc style alliance zerg.
By Aerix 2018-08-24 13:49:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I read that Raetic drains MP insanely fast even with Tizona, so I figured the content it could be used for would be limited to short fights. And with zerg I mean pretty much any quick fights like SR, lower tier Geas Fete, melee month Ambus etc.

Of course CDC Light is nice if you can make use of it, but by adding even one other DD that usually goes out of the window barring compatible SC attributes (and even then WSs occur too quickly to SC sometimes).
By Boshi 2018-08-24 14:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I have both raetic sword/dagger.

It's purely a zerg weapon on rdm, mostly for escha/reis. In theory you could just quickly toggle dagger to ternion if your mp runs out: if you're doing sequence savage spam you probably aren't worried about MP.

This said it's pretty useful as a just a normal dagger on some jobs for piercing, NIN ect. really high dmg, good dly, high acc.

On blu tiz/raetic is relaly nice in the escha/reis.
Really underrating combos where ppl are using light property ws. Fudo, runReso, torc, ninShun, it's pretty common, not to mention distortion on it.
Speaking of distortion.. if not making light with cdc a tizona blu is gonna be using expiacion (mythic bonus pushes it over savage with good gear).
By Aerix 2018-08-24 14:18:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming Refresh III and a decent amount of Refresh vorseals, I don't think it would really be necessary to switch into Ternion+1 even if your MP drops low. ~20MP/tick (solo) is still a decent DA/STP bonus, not to mention the incredibly high accuracy and DT on Raetic+1 over Ternion+1.

Speaking of which, is the 5% MP drain based on max or current MP? If it's current, Raetic+1 would of course get substantially weaker at low MP, but if it's based on max then draining 20 MP each time would translate to +20% DA and +10 STP, correct?
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2018-08-24 14:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming Refresh III and a decent amount of Refresh vorseals, I don't think it would really be necessary to switch into Ternion+1 even if your MP drops low. ~20MP/tick (solo) is still a decent DA/STP bonus, not to mention the incredibly high accuracy and DT on Raetic+1 over Ternion+1.

Speaking of which, is the 5% MP drain based on max or current MP? If it's current, Raetic+1 would of course get substantially weaker at low MP, but if it's based on max then draining 20 MP each time would translate to +20% DA and +10 STP, correct?

I got the kris +1 and its really pretty good, leaves the other 2 closest options into the shame world lol, to answer your questions it drains 5% of your max current mp and yea, the less mp u got, the weaker the effect gets and yes you are right on the last statement.

With 11 refresh vorseals and max refresh 3 (26mp/tick), inside reisen you wont have much trouble if you just popping T1/2/3 zerg style or anything like woc, inside omen i have to switch to other dagger every 8-10 mobs so i recover up mp but its not too bad, makes your life much easier with the skillchain objetives (specially if u use a stp set + temper 2).

I recommend it.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-08-24 15:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

bring on the return of the convert merits!
By Aerix 2018-08-24 15:47:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Convert merits + Murgleis swap-in for instant round two of dagger shenanigans.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-08-24 18:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Something seems off to me.

If DEX and INT are both 150, WSC should be 120, it looks like you just have them added at 300.

Looking at the default values, base damage would be 754

(152 + 39 + 120) * 2 + 32 + 100

754 * 1.33 (affinity) = 1002
1002 * 1.1 = 1102
1102 * (299 + 100) / (0 + 100) = 4396
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-08-24 19:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

it's based on max. the bonus hit is separate from other forms of multi attack, so a DA+raetic proc will be three hits. the stp only works on the first hit of the raetic weapon only each round.

sequence + raetic +1 would drain 5% of your max MP every 1.423 seconds. With just Refresh 3 and 11 from vorseals, that's 20 every three seconds. I don't know what kind of MP you're going to have in your TP set, but if you're around 2K, you'd run out really fast.

x(t) = 2000 - 100t/1.423 + 20t/3, so about 32 seconds. You'd go a little longer than that before you're out, though, with WS animations adding in a bit of time.
By Aerix 2018-08-24 19:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I just got myself a Raetic Kris +1 and while it's not really representative, my DPS while spamming VW mobs went up by about 300-500 compared to Ternion+1 while fighting distractedly.

Definitely an amazing weapon. With SAM roll I almost always go from 200 TP to 1k in two attack rounds even without Temper II.

With normal RDM buffs, Sam/Chaos and only Refresh III (15MP/tick) my MP pool gets to about the halfway point after 25-30 seconds (started counting as soon as I finished drawing my weapons). I can't say how long it will last in full because Morta/Bismarck die too fast.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-08-24 19:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Refresh 3 is 9 base and any decent RDM should have +4~5 in bonus's, but yeah anyone with a real MP pool is going to burn out quick but it'll be a glorious burn.

Quote:
Yinsen: That could run your heart for fifty lifetimes!
Tony Stark: Yeah. Or something big for fifteen minutes.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-08-24 19:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Even with 25 per tick refresh, you'd run out roughly the same time frame. About 40 seconds is about all you'll probably get out of it.

31.4429 vs 32.2889
By Aerix 2018-08-24 20:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The WS delay from Savage Blade makes a huge difference since I can WS after the majority of just single attack rounds. It really helps a lot with stretching my MP pool to nearly a minute without any vorseals.
By Afania 2018-08-24 23:07:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Something seems off to me.

If DEX and INT are both 150, WSC should be 120, it looks like you just have them added at 300.

Looking at the default values, base damage would be 754

(152 + 39 + 120) * 2 + 32 + 100

754 * 1.33 (affinity) = 1002
1002 * 1.1 = 1102
1102 * (299 + 100) / (0 + 100) = 4396

Ah I knew I'd *** up somewhere, thanks......

I converted AE calculator directly from leaden salute one, since leaden has 100% AGI mod I forgot to change mod %.....

Will fix it this weekend, meanwhile please don't use it for now XD

Here's the original test thread to answer your Q about raetics:

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/51571/raetic-weapons-testing-discussions
By Afania 2018-08-26 21:54:48
Link | Quote | Reply

So if the numbers in the calculator are correct, then Almace indeed beats Levante dagger for raw damage, making it a competitive offhand (I'll test this later on in-game to confirm). Rather unexpected, but nonetheless Malevolence/Almace probably wouldn't be the new go-to, as Male/Levante beat them in terms of TP speed. Levante/Almace would be a pretty solid combo if you can't get a good Malevolence, though. Also INT+ on the Ambu cape seems to be better than MDMG for the Abdhaljs Dye augment.

Also comparing presumed BiS gear between RDM and COR, COR pulls ahead by about ~1.4k more damage at 1k TP thanks to Ataktos and WSD. Although RDM has much higher DEX+INT and MAB to compensate somewhat, it doesn't compare to the massive bonuses COR can get on WS.

COR gear in question would be what Afania linked above with some changes: Rostam/Atoyac, Herc both augmented with 10 INT/35 MAB/5% WSD damage each (perfect Fern augs, but not DM; WSD+MAB is better than pure MAB), Karieyh+1, Epaminondas's, Orpheus's. A saving grace for RDM is that we don't need unrealistic augments for our numbers.

In any case, if RDM doesn't get rolls, COR pulls even further ahead. On the other hand, a rollbuffed RDM would out-TP a COR due to Temper II and essentially make up for the difference in WS damage.

Updated new sheet by seperating INT and DEX, here you go:
https://www.filedropper.com/aecalculator

No longer use zoho this time because it removes some of the parentheses from my excel.

I suggest you redo it because DEX should have a lot less weight now, so almace may not be ahead.
By Aerix 2018-08-28 16:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Even with the reduced DEX weight, Almace still wins over Levante by about 500~ damage because the Magic Damage+ makes a pretty huge impact by itself. But the difference is so negligible that I think the lower delay of Levante would almost certainly make it the better option.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2018-08-28 22:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

For grio is magic acc or enfeeb skill more important? I know I should try for both, but I keep getting high enfeeb skill ***macc or high macc low enfeeb skill.
By Boshi 2018-08-28 23:06:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Enfeebling Skill is used as a potency modifier only on Distract3, Frazzle3, Poison2.

For the other Enfeebles it doesn't add anything. Depends how specialized you want to be.
By Aerix 2018-08-29 05:32:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Grio can roll with high MND too, so to start out you'll want a high MND/MACC staff as well as a high Skill/MACC staff, but ideally a high MND/Enfeebling/MAcc all in one.

This is an average Grio you should aim for:

IF we're lucky, Murgleis will get Enfeebling Magic Potency+ from the REMA augments, but considering the scythes they teased, I'm expecting like DMG+15, Death Blossom+15% and Acc/MAcc+30 at best, which would still make it an inferior enfeebling weapon (outside of AM) to the Dyna Su5 one since they also get an MAcc path...
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2018-08-29 17:54:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sigh looks like i'm going to need another grio. Got MND+20 Macc+25 on mine and I don't really want to switch it.
By Aerix 2018-08-30 01:16:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, your current augment is pretty decent for all your non-skill enfeebles. It won't improve their potency, but you'll have decent magic accuracy.

You could just keep trying for a better augment without overwriting your current one, until you get one that indisputably beats it.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-08-30 02:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

My RDM spell mapping is a mess and outdated.
Anybody willing to share their spell mapping so I can save a whole load of time while re-doing mine, instead of starting from scratch and literally wasting hours and getting a headache?

Thanks!
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-09-03 05:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bumpity bump!
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2018-09-03 05:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
My RDM spell mapping is a mess and outdated.
Anybody willing to share their spell mapping so I can save a whole load of time while re-doing mine, instead of starting from scratch and literally wasting hours and getting a headache?

Thanks!

Heh.. I wonder if its possible to spell-map with windower... Would be pretty nice to have something saved somewhere because I cast a lot of my spells through the Menus so I have to keep them organized. When I got my PC fixed, I had to take a 2 hours remapping all my spells as well as my Alts =<
First Page 2 3 ... 33 34 35 ... 141 142 143