Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-12-13 02:36:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Im so ready for this Corse,

ItemSet 345958

If his defense is anything like Belphegor's hes gonna get raped. Judgment and Blackhalo work very well with Fencer.
 Hades.Dade
Server: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2016-12-13 02:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

did vol1 D with pld geo whm smn smn blu, the dmg when all the imps died made standing in melee seem tough. managed to down it but took ~12min.
 Asura.Misono
Server: Asura
user: Misono
By Asura.Misono 2016-12-13 02:43:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Volume II seems to be nuke friendly. Went as rdm w. random trusts, good one to farm points.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2016-12-13 03:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Did #1 D in 5 min: Burt PLD friend, me on SCH WHM BRD WAR GEO. Vex and Attunement was huge.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Konvict
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2016-12-13 03:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, didn't have this setup but rngs would destroy the intense. RNG RNG PLD GEO RDM (Or SCH or WHM), BRD or COR would win on vd easy.
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-12-13 03:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Damage taken mechanics on the Soulflayer seems really weird. Originally, I never had issues dealing damage on RUN while the BLU and THF seemed to only be doing damage through criticals, though the THF had issues with sometimes not dealing any damage. We died at one point to Droning Whirlwind (AoE full dispel; Vex/Attunement won't block this spell's Dispel property) followed by a bunch of other ***, RR'd and tried again. This time, myself and the BLU's damage was the same as before in that I was always dealing damage while the BLU could only damage through crits, but the THF was doing 0s the entire fight, even on critical hits. All Imps were killed first.

As a side note, Immortal Shield puts up a "TP Spikes" where he'll drain your TP when you attack him. Tribulation's Bio effect is also very potent; seems close to 1000 hp/tick.
 Odin.Psycooo
user: Psycooo
By Odin.Psycooo 2016-12-13 03:39:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Damage taken mechanics on the Soulflayer seems really weird. Originally, I never had issues dealing damage on RUN while the BLU and THF seemed to only be doing damage through criticals, though the THF had issues with sometimes not dealing any damage.

enmity based a possibility?
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-12-13 03:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

That was one of my thoughts, that only 2 people can damage the Flayer at a time. Top of hate list dealing damage freely, second of hate list dealing damage only through criticals.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2016-12-13 03:48:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Damage taken mechanics on the Soulflayer seems really weird. Originally, I never had issues dealing damage on RUN while the BLU and THF seemed to only be doing damage through criticals, though the THF had issues with sometimes not dealing any damage. We died at one point to Droning Whirlwind (AoE full dispel; Vex/Attunement won't block this spell's Dispel property) followed by a bunch of other ***, RR'd and tried again. This time, myself and the BLU's damage was the same as before in that I was always dealing damage while the BLU could only damage through crits, but the THF was doing 0s the entire fight, even on critical hits. All Imps were killed first.

As a side note, Immortal Shield puts up a "TP Spikes" where he'll drain your TP when you attack him. Tribulation's Bio effect is also very potent; seems close to 1000 hp/tick.
Had that same issue as well, but that was only on VD. Didn't have that problem on D.
 Asura.Yankke
user: Yankke23
By Asura.Yankke 2016-12-13 05:48:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Im not having luck with this on D... hmmm what set up for it?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-12-13 05:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply

That was one of my thoughts, that only 2 people can damage the Flayer at a time. Top of hate list dealing damage freely, second of hate list dealing damage only through criticals.

Wouldn't a phalanx effect be more likely?
By Lyramion 2016-12-13 06:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Seems more like a damage type thing.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-13 06:31:37
Link | Quote | Reply

VD Normal super spammable like usual, just toss Blunt / H2H DD's at it and it melts. I went WAR/SAM with Loxotic +1 and average around 25K Judgments.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2016-12-13 08:19:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Most importantly to monthly Ambuscade where are the quickest homepoints to get the KI!
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-12-13 08:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Lyramion said: »
Quote:

Seems more like a damage type thing.

Great sword and 1h sword are same damage type, though. Daggers would be the lowest damage so most susceptible to phalanx, as well as THF having a bit lower on attack to not get a better multiplier on its low damage and then the great sword has significantly more damage so the phalanx isn't as felt.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-12-13 10:20:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I sticky'd the thread for you guys. Also moving lots of threads around having a bit of a clean :D (Take a look at Escha now)
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-12-13 11:11:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
I sticky'd the thread for you guys. Also moving lots of threads around having a bit of a clean :D (Take a look at Escha now)

honestly, id like to see two new ambu thread each month. Just for the sake of origination. One for chap 1 discussion, another for chap 2. Keeps everything more organized imo. Instead of having all of it at one spot, sifting through trying to see which volume each post is about. Trying to see where the posts for the each month start, so you know where to start checking. Tho i doubt this will happen.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2016-12-13 11:13:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Totally a
Odin.Godofgods said: »
Sylph.Shadowlina said: »

honestly, id like to see two new ambu thread each month. Just for the sake of origination. One for chap 1 discussion, another for chap 2. Keeps everything more organized imo. Instead of having all of it at one spot, sifting through trying to see which volume each post is about. Trying to see where the posts for the each month start, so you know where to start checking. Tho i doubt this will happen.

Totally Agree
Ambuscade - Regular - <mob name> <release date>
Ambuscade - Intense - <mob name> <release date>
[+]
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2016-12-13 11:30:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »

ItemSet 345958

If his defense is anything like Belphegor's hes gonna get raped. Judgment and Blackhalo work very well with Fencer.

I was just wondering that, are you saying that ring works in ambuscade and not just the old legion?
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2016-12-13 11:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN is a very good option for v2 VD. Flaming Crush is consistently hitting for 45-50k+.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-12-13 11:44:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fiasko said: »
Fenrir.Skarwind said: »

ItemSet 345958

I was just wondering that, are you saying that ring works in ambuscade and not just the old legion?

It does work.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-12-13 12:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
It wouldn't explain why the THF was doing crit-only damage pre-wipe and then 0s all around post-wipe (we were even higher buffed since we SV'd/Bolstered after the wipe since we were going to bed after that run). I'm still convinced it's top 2 of Enmity list only.
 Asura.Yankke
user: Yankke23
By Asura.Yankke 2016-12-13 14:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Intense D/VD any ideas!?
By hobo 2016-12-13 16:06:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I was doing 10 min intense D with a thrown together party of rng smn pup run cor whm. Run was epo rest of us were about average players. The smn was doing great damage with ramuh.

Really just need a decent tank to hold the imps then the rest is sorting out what kills the imps fastest. Didn't really feel like doing extensive testing on the first day.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-12-13 17:40:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Corse seems to build some kind of DT. Also seems to counter magic damage with a single target 30-60s terror that spawns a ghost add and resets hate. Honestly more of a pain in the *** than the Soulflayer.
By Ruaumoko 2016-12-13 17:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Corse seems to build some kind of DT. Also seems to counter magic damage with a single target 30-60s terror that spawns a ghost add and resets hate. Honestly more of a pain in the *** than the Soulflayer.
He's not much of a pain. The right setup absolutely flattens him.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
Server: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2016-12-13 17:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

For V1 (D,VD) it seems there might be a small window that you need to kill NM after adds are dead, if you fail and NM was at 20% shield gets up with TP spikes and silence Aura full-time and nothing works to break it.

• Immunobreak Silence Spam from RDM did nothing [But maybe should spam more], Blunt, Requiescat, QDx4, any Magic spell (Para and Addle lands easy) and Sanguine Blade did nothing to it.This leaves a the option of stagger coming from a SCH (SC) maybe?

• We went RUN WHM COR GEO RDM BLU, NM hits are weak and adds are not of a concern if you Keep Unda, Tellus x2 and Pflug up all the time.

• Dimidiation was dealing 15k on VD after adds without any supporting bubbles which was odd.

• As a team we resorted to the idea of timed-window of kill before shield is up @20% because we did it twice (out of 8 times) without noticing and killed it super fast, a multi-skillchain ending with umbra or radiance might be the answer here for it or a double dark ending with climactic rudra to negate the 20% timer. [it needs to be super fast like the Poroggo V1 before].

More testing is needed.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-13 17:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

Not sure if you were soloing it or not but we're doing VD and destroying him.

WAR/SAM Fencer Judgement (me)
MNK / PUP / Club BLU / whatever
GEO Vex / Attunment
GEO Frailty / Fury
WHM
<Insert your best friend here>

Warcry still has 20s when we zone out. Doing ~25K Judgements on him.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-12-13 18:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Katriina said: »
shield gets up with TP spikes and silence Aura full-time and nothing works to break it.
We had that shield get put up also, but we broke it eventually just damaging it like normal. We also didn't get a Silence aura, but that was on a D test run last night.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 28 29 30