First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 28 29 30
 Quetzalcoatl.Chalek
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Chalek
By Quetzalcoatl.Chalek 2016-11-12 14:47:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello People

what is the best strategy to do regular ambush this month?
By dustinfoley 2016-11-12 15:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Zone in and murder it. Belladona is weak to about everything except ranged attacks (with aura up).

Literally any DD x4, geo, healer.

We also ran pup/smn/bst x 5 + 1 x cor
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-11-12 16:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

She doesn't charm like all other Belladonnas?
 Bismarck.Siggymund
Premium
Server: Bismarck
user: Sigmund
By Bismarck.Siggymund 2016-11-12 17:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

You can solo VD on BST with trusts. >6min with 2hr, used one mulsum. I am sure you could do it w/o 2hr but will take many more resources and time. Do a fight go afk and come back in 30 min get KI and repete. :)
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-11-12 18:33:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
She doesn't charm like all other Belladonnas?

thankfully not, at least not that I've seen.
By dustinfoley 2016-11-12 20:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply

No charm, done the fight 50+ times and never charms.

She will do

• ae normal attack ? or just attacks without turning, not sure

• deracenator (AoE)- Inflicts damage. Additional effect: Amnesia, Blind, and Muddle.

• night stalker (Conal front)- Inflicts damage. Additional Effect: Resets TP.

• atropine spore (Conal front)- Inflicts damage. Additional effect: sleep, paralyze, and silence.

• infernal liberation - single target dmg, if you ws between the time this starts and the time the animation finishes, it triggers full bloom

• full bloom - did about 2k heal on normal, 6-8k on VD

• Umbral pull - 20 yalm radius, uses randomly initially, then every 2 minutes, causes draw in, and bind. For 1 min 30 seconds will have a slow aura *unsure how to remove earlier. 30 seconds after aura fades she will umbral pull again (on the 2min mark).

Those are all based on the wiki, i can confirm there is no amnesia, or paralyze on this mobs version.

That said just burn her down, if you have blue war or dark doing 20k ws with 20k skill chains, 6-8k heals every 10 seconds cant keep up with the dmg. Even with just 5 pets it cant keep up.
 Lakshmi.Vadian
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Vadian 2016-11-12 21:03:34
Link | Quote | Reply

If that's the case can you not just alternate light/dark to keep the damaging going and no heals?
By dustinfoley 2016-11-13 10:26:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure i follow.

Any WS during the animation of infernal liberation triggers full bloom, nothing to do with light/dark
By Ruaumoko 2016-11-14 21:18:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to acknowledge and thank Orij for providing the written strategy, the basis for this recording. This was on D setting. We tried VD twice but our tank (me) died to Head Seize twice before we decided to just go back to spamming D.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Cerberus.Nekdal
Server: Cerberus
user: Nekdal
By Cerberus.Nekdal 2016-11-14 23:36:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
I'd like to acknowledge and thank Orij for providing the written strategy, the basis for this recording. This was on D setting. We tried VD twice but our tank (me) died to Head Seize twice before we decided to just go back to spamming D.

Would pld work for this?
By Ruaumoko 2016-11-15 03:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Nekdal said: »

Would pld work for this?
Sadly I don't think it would.

Issue isn't survival ability, it's the contribution RUN makes to damage output. You really need to kill the MB in one volley.
By ratitz 2016-11-15 06:59:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd love to see a vid of the strat with pld nin Blu smn geo whm. The burst strat is kool and all but not really something u can expect of a shout party. tho shout party is a problem in itself atm with everyone off taking advantage of cp bonus.

Edit: obviously misread kunels post, how did u cope with the crazy debuffs?
By Lyramion 2016-11-15 20:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats the cool kids was to get to trolls and back this month?
By ratitz 2016-11-16 05:59:34
Link | Quote | Reply

There's an assault in lebros cavern third assault teir spawns just enough trolls for ki
[+]
By Teuphist 2016-11-16 15:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice work there Ruau.
Side note...I made it in your video!
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2016-11-20 15:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone figured out how to drop the aura on Belladonna? That slow aura is destroying my killspeed.
By Pantafernando 2016-11-20 16:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Dev showed a video in their last freshly picked vanadiel, so you can try figuring something.

Dannyl noticed dev protect dropping at some point, i think the aura dropped after a skillchain (fusion?) or magic burst.

Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2016-11-20 18:07:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Try a Distortion skillchain (non-CA self sc) and burst with a blizzard and see if that works. It was the only time I saw the aura drop on my logs as I CDC'ed off of Qultada's Savage Blade. After mule blizzard burst the 3 effects faded as Bella did Nightstalker tp move. I'm not sure if it has to be a certain damage amount

I stopped Ambuscading due to other campaigns getting my attention ^^

edit: I also think a Fire based sc might work since plants are weak to that... not to mention thats what we saw on the video. Liquification didn't work for me. I also tried Fusion but it was a self-sc, not sure if that plays into it ;;
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2016-11-20 21:29:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I noticed the aura seems to lock Full Bloom...but its still not worth it.
 Bismarck.Cloudstrafie
user: cloud7886
By Bismarck.Cloudstrafie 2016-11-21 22:30:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried D intense with a PUG melee style for the most part ive played with a lot of them but its not my normal group. I know VD stages up quite a bit,Anyway to try and bypass Head snatch that drops the pld to 1 HP? Has anyone tried to kite it like last month?
 Valefor.Maurauc
user: Maurauc
By Valefor.Maurauc 2016-11-27 15:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Search function isn't working, so I can't verify if this hasn't been noticed before, but "Legion:" gear works in Ambuscade. Tested using (heh) the Ambuscade Ring. Gave 8 Acc when equipped inside Ambuscade.

Uses I can think of for this: Maquette Ring (Refresh +2), Puissant Pearl & Corybant Pearl for tanking, Cytherea Pearl for healing.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2016-12-03 12:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

In case people still need pointers before it changes in December.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Konvict
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2016-12-03 14:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

VD Intense can be done melee: Idris GEO, Strong DD, Burt PLD, Yagrush WHM, THF, RDM/DNC. PLD tank, RDM and THF spam CB and AE. RDM opens with stymie silence on Zahak, PLD invincibles when you fight the boss when the WAR MS it down so doesn't drop tank to 1 hp. Geo does full time precision, entrust haste geo frailty
. Gl
By Ruaumoko 2016-12-03 14:37:41
Link | Quote | Reply

That'd work but you're relying on a lot of variables and almost certainly looking at a scenario where your party is comprised entirely of LS members. You can do Intense D with a pickup group provided everyone knows the strategy.

Then you have to take into account your strategy relies entirely on 1-hours whereas D is a shorter fight and does not involve the use of, and subsequent resetting, of 1-hours.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2016-12-03 15:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

That'd work but you're relying on a lot of variables and almost certainly looking at a scenario where your party is comprised entirely of LS members. You can do Intense D with a pickup group provided everyone knows the strategy.

Then you have to take into account your strategy relies entirely on 1-hours whereas D is a shorter fight and does not involve the use of, and subsequent resetting, of 1-hours.
Yup. Can reset 1 hours with Cuji in 2 min. I cover WAR WHM GEO, friends do the rest.
 Bismarck.Lothoro
user: Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2016-12-03 16:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Konvict said: »
VD Intense can be done melee: Idris GEO, Strong DD, Burt PLD, Yagrush WHM, THF, RDM/DNC. PLD tank, RDM and THF spam CB and AE. RDM opens with stymie silence on Zahak, PLD invincibles when you fight the boss when the WAR MS it down so doesn't drop tank to 1 hp. Geo does full time precision, entrust haste geo frailty
. Gl

Sure but this all requires 1 hours. So you'd have to reset them after each run, which honestly would make it take a while longer to do runs of VD than to do runs of D. I'd rather spam Difficult than have to reset 1 hours each time.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2016-12-13 01:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

SO Easy!

Normal = Course NM, Suckga AOE stun Drains MP and stuff
should be able to VD it with 3 DD geo whm
Did pop a Ghost add near 10% mark

Intense = Not as easy
Main NM Takes 0 damage until adds are killed with Melee damage as Magic seems to do little

Soulflayer Main NM Blue mage does Delve UBLM spells. imps typical Amnesia and Silence crud but over all should be np if meds and out of range for some moves
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-12-13 01:37:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yawn from ES BA high macc BLU did not work. Resisted on every monster.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-12-13 02:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Soulflayer seemed pretty weak. Seemed to be affected by GEO bubbles this time, Vex+Attune helped a lot with Amnesia, Frailty+Dia adequate (at least on N) to allow me to kill the imps quickly, then the Soulflayer himself was easily disposed of afterward and seemed to either have very small defense or a DT+% trait.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-12-13 02:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

At some point, Master does a full dispel. Not sure which move triggers it. All I saw was an imp used Enervation, and I lost everything.

Moves used by Imps: Potent Lunge, Diamondhide, Enervation, Aeroja, Overthrow.
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 28 29 30