Forum » FFXI » Ambuscade » Ambuscade Findings
Ambuscade Findings
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30
 Asura.Theenabler
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Theenabler 2017-01-10 20:00:31
Link | Quote | Reply

It seems like charm can only be used either if aura is up, or if the MB is dead.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-01-10 20:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't see anyone try it, though I'd imagine people would assume this to be the case with the way the fight works, but all are immune to Break/Lullaby/Sleep.
[+]
 Asura.Hitome
By Asura.Hitome 2017-01-10 20:53:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems like a dance influenced by the Melusine fight in XIV.

Blight Dance = face away or you get petrified/poisoned (extremely potent and affects pets including GEO bubbles)
Imperiling Disregard = face them or you get petrified/5 count doom
Petrifying Dance = look away (?) or get terror'd + threat reset
Petrifcation = conal (?) petrify

Divine Retribution = threat reset (thanks to Papesse below) and needs further testing but...damage done may equate to how many people are hit by the gaze attacks (petrify/terror) or petrifaction.

Since GEO bubbles are susceptible to these gaze attacks, this may be another attempt of SE's to discourage usage of GEOs.

Frigg = weak to slashing
Skathi = weak to blunt (thanks to Saevel below)
Freyja = weak to piercing (thanks to Saevel below)
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-10 21:44:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Skathi is weak to Blunt, was doing 20K Judgements on my WAR. Also this seems easily done on D/VD but everyone needs to work together, WHM's can't be chilling in the back watching Video's.

Also note, the middle is weak to piercing, our THF was doing 40K Rudra's and 16K Eviscerations on it. We died because the WHM was kinda dumb and very casual about curing people and stood the entire time with their back turned out of cure range of the THF. Also if your using melee don't go running in engaged, let someone aggro and position them first. They don't really do anything until their HP drops under 100%.
[+]
 Bismarck.Keityan
Server: Bismarck
user: Keichan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2017-01-10 21:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I forgot to mention. When we killed one of the links before the main, the main has ~-50% DT. When we killed two of the links before the main, the main has ~99% DT. (We didn't try weapon types on this though).

Also, we tried BLM BLM BLM GEO SCH PLD death strat. It all did less than 5k deaths on burst. We tried again with the same setup but used Thundaja and same result. They seem strong against magic unless there is another mechanism.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-01-10 22:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
Did Vol1 VE solo on Dancer to remove all extraneous variables. Can confirm that the aura goes up when the person with hate is not facing the Lamia, and it disappears when the person with hate looks at the Lamia for a few seconds. To add to what I noticed earlier, when the aura is up, the Lamia will find a seemingly random target.

The Lamia are scorned lovers. When slighted, they will target another person to make you jealous. When you give them attention, they forgive you and then everything's back to normal.

Proof I was able to snag at the last second:

EDIT: Did three more attempts and the hypothesis held every time. The aura is gaze-based.

Gosh SE, that is a clever (if sucky) mechanic. Clever description too, Dabackpack.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2017-01-11 02:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Freyja and Skathi (Medusa type mobs) are both very resistant to slashing while Frigg (Merrow) doesn't appear to have any particuliar resistance. In Difficult Volt Strike does the same amount of dmg on all when pdif is capped. In VE Mountain Buster (blunt) does about 18k~ on all and Spinning Dive (slashing) does 9k~ on Freyja/Skathi (these 2 BPs have almost the same power at 0 TP), Crescant Fang (piercing) does 4k~ on all.
Something worth knowing is that Medusa, Gurfurlur and Gulool (the ones in the strongholds, nyzul and PW/TC forms) have all a high damage reduction to slashing, the Gulool and Gurfurlur versions in Ambuscade didn't have it though.

Asura.Hitome said: »
Divine Retribution = needs further testing but...damage done may equate to how many people are hit by the gaze attacks (petrify/terror) or petrifaction.
Divine Retribution is a Throat Stab type move.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2017-01-11 04:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
Beat Difficult Intense but it was a PD/Conduit zerg with Mewing Lullaby spam... certainly not the intended way to win. These mobs have low hp, one single Volt Strike can remove 25~65% of their life but they have a ton of awful attacks :
Raqs Baladi Dance : AoE Gaze Charm + Burn
Blight Dance : AoE Gaze Petrification + 200~300 HP/tick Poison
Petrifying Dance : AoE Gaze Terror
Chastening Disregard : AoE Gaze Amnesia
Imperiling Disregard : AoE Petrification + 5 seconds Doom
Divine Retribution : AoE that reduces HP to 1, cannot kill. PDT and EA/Scherzo work, it's pretty much the physical version of Zero Hour.

Frigg and Skhati will quickly repop after being killed if Freyja is still alive, Freyja doesn't repop.
They EES at the same time.
Geo debuffs work.
Going to try this method, can you expand Papese? What was your setup? I was thinking SCH GEO GEO SMN WAR BLU. Double Idris geo frailty/indi torpor/entrust haste & GEO vex indi attunement/entrust fury or precision. Could swap the SCH for a Yagrush WHM, but I think the fight would be too quick too matter since PD. I'd rather take the 11 min Regens/aoe phalanx and the storms. Although Asylum might be worth the spot alone. Killed MB then Adds? How long did this take? Or do you need a brd for schzero. Thanks bud.
 Ragnarok.Besi
Server: Ragnarok
user: ciki85
By Ragnarok.Besi 2017-01-11 09:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Did duo with trusts intensive easy failed first time due to killing add Freyja repop them then killed Freyja the other lamia Frigg would spam Charm you can run from it but best way we succeded was get frigg to 5% then Freyja 5%HP then i switch to frigg both ws killed each then Skhati left...and Skahti did nothing went down in few sec and done.
 Bismarck.Keityan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2017-01-11 11:04:27
Link | Quote | Reply

We killed it on Difficult last night a few more times last night and we think have a strategy using similar mechanism as the melee zerg strat that I had described. We are still refining this strategy since it has its kinks, when we make sure it works all the time, I'll post again with a detailed strategy.

Other findings:
1. We're 100% sure that EES is synced to the Freyja(Middle). Once the Freyja(Middle) is pushed to 75%, all 3 will do EES. It will do it again at 50% and 25%. This particular EES is strange as I'm pretty sure it bypasses Utsusemi/Third Eye. Migiwari works however. You need to top off the melees before you push the main one under these %'s. Scherzo works and can be considered. Unfortunately, only Frigg(Left) is weak to slashing so unless your NIN uses daggers, katana damage is sub-optimal.

2. NA latency sucks. While you need to turn _away_ for most of the TP moves, the "disregard" moves need to be done taken facing the mob. The Skathi(Right) seems to give us the most problems. If you had turned away in reaction to the red lines, realize it's s a "disregard move" and turn back towards the mob, it's already too late and you will be hit with 5 count doom/petrify. If you do not turn for the regular moves, you will be hate reset with a petrify and a 300/tick poison. (I personally think that the aura comes up if you do not successfully dodge a gaze-TP move, this needs to be confirmed)

3. In difficult, the Frigg(Left) doesn't do anything until the Freyja(Middle) dies. Then it will spam charm (which can only happen if you're facing the mob). On VE, none of the lamia do anything, not even the 25% increment EES. I suspect that the difficulty is based upon the types of moves that the lamia will do.

4. Confirming Papesse's previous post, Skathi(Right) is simply slashing resistant. All other damage types do full damage. Frigg(Left) has no slashing resistances. We still prefer piercing on the Freyja(Middle) and we run with piercing with the Freyja(Middle)/Skathi(Right) and slashing on Frigg(Left).

Edit: Changed the names.

Also, if you plan on trying this NM, bring antidotes and holy waters.
Also, if you get silenced, it's not silence, it's Mute.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-01-11 11:09:38
Link | Quote | Reply

How long do each of your fights take Keityan?
 Bismarck.Keityan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2017-01-11 11:18:48
Link | Quote | Reply

The original zerg posted was <5 minutes. After "adjustments" to our party for consistency, but will typically win in <10.

The reason why we did this was because the mob CAN and WILL do back to back EES (Practically overlapped) if you push it two 25% markers on the main. We are playing with the idea with a BRD rather than a second GEO at the moment. When we try again, I'll post again.
By DanielH 2017-01-11 11:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know a quick and easy place to find Amorphs?
 Fenrir.Sathicus
Server: Fenrir
user: SathQuetz
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2017-01-11 11:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

DanielH said: »
Anyone know a quick and easy place to find Amorphs?

I would think the Cirdas Cavern skirmish warp would be an option, it's warp to adoulin -> warp but hey.
By Jumeya 2017-01-11 11:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

For funsies, we did VD with 3 PUPs, geo cor rng.

Even though we didn't use any 2hour, it was still pretty painful. We killed the main NM first, it hate reset the pup a couple times, but nothing major. The automatons do not seem to get affected by doom (maybe just lower application?), so it's just hate reset that becomes "problematic". Otherwise, the poison sucks, need triple light or use maintenance.

I resisted the petrify/doom once with /whm barstone on geo looking at disregard moves

Otherwise pretty much just torp/fury, pew pew nm, pew pew adds.

The last add is problematic/very spammy sub 25%
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-11 11:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm leaning towards having a RUN tank all three while 2 melee's work the adds down to 20%, then switch to main and kill it, then quickly finish off the adds. The whole fight is rather easy until the main NM is dead and then the adds go ballistic. If you kill the adds first the main NM goes ballistic.
[+]
By Jumeya 2017-01-11 11:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The only issue I see here is that with the 3 together, it'll be pretty impossible to avoid/look at gazes when you need to/don't need too and you'll suffer from doom/petra/poison applications and nasty terrors.

It has been suggested that between Flabra, barstonra, barpetra and geo vex, that the application on the gaze moves are low.

If it is so, then a tank can ignore the disregards and just stay facing away for the entire fight.
By Sickle 2017-01-11 17:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

With Volume 2 on D, as a WHM, was able to cast addle, slow, and paralyze. Resists silence!
(Did have Pear Crepe (M.ACC+) as food active, also tested without food and also worked.)

Same but on VD, addle, slow and paralyze were a gamble (just worked more likely with pear crepe, but low chance)
It completely resists silence!

Again, was only tested and played as a WHM. Hope it helps.
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-01-11 17:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

For Intense - Can you pull them apart or do they share hate?
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30