Ambuscade Findings
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 28 29 30
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-09-07 19:50:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Wyverns have "enough" HP, and they're quickly resummoned if killed.
By Lexouritis 2016-09-07 20:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

1)We tried using wyverns for tp gain + forcing the WHM to benediction when the Sahagin Lancelord, protector got low on HP at VD, b ut hate got messed up. Tried it this way twice and a total of 7 times. Got sick of it, will try again tomorrow maybe.

2) CANNOT CONFIRM if kill order matters in terms of knocking auras down. We took down Sahagin's (3rd mob engaged) aura after killing, and not taking down, Protector + Lancer's auras. WE THINK it doesn't matter (kill order) but it still might

3)We managed to beat D once, but not VD after taking down Sahagins aura again, and none of the others. Kill time was 23mins, Boss used Mijin 2 times, once around 50%, the other was close to 15% afaik. Everyone went down but NIN (Migawari)

Setup was NIN (aeonic) BLU (empyrean/aeonic) BRD (every Legendary instrument) WHM (yagrush) COR (aeonic but who cares as they just buffed in this one) RUN(dual boxed Epeo supertank)

4)Legendary weapons don't matter at all IMO apart from maybe BRD and WHM stuff (Yag helps on final boss), and maybe on the boss if it's awake and u didn't take auras down

5) Overall this Intense Ambu is just dumb at least on D and VD modes. When a SL Master Trial is less gimmicky, then......yeah......
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2016-09-07 21:47:43
Link | Quote | Reply

"Wah XI is boring its the same repetitive garbage: engage stun and laugh to the bank, SE needs to put out some new content"
"Wah this content is too complicated"

Atleast SE fixed up the effort:reward ratio from Intense Ambuscade.
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-09-07 22:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure how to take off VD Intense enemy auras. Even using a THF with 3000% TP, Crooked Cards Allies' Roll, SA WS to close SCs, it still doesn't knock off aura. We do get something slightly interesting, though. We get 2 "Your foes have grown more oppressive" messages on 1 SC. 2nd SC gives 1 more of the same message, but aura is never taken off. Not sure what to do for VD Intense. Probably just gonna refine our D Intense strategy and go with that.

Edit: Just cleared D while removing all auras. He still tries to do Mijin Gakure Kai, but we stopped him by doing multiple Light SCs to remove his aura.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-09-07 22:59:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Not sure how to take off VD Intense enemy auras. Even using a THF with 3000% TP, Crooked Cards Allies' Roll, SA WS to close SCs, it still doesn't knock off aura. We do get something slightly interesting, though. We get 2 "Your foes have grown more oppressive" messages on 1 SC. 2nd SC gives 1 more of the same message, but aura is never taken off. Not sure what to do for VD Intense. Probably just gonna refine our D Intense strategy and go with that.

Edit: Just cleared D while removing all auras. He still tries to do Mijin Gakure Kai, but we stopped him by doing multiple Light SCs to remove his aura.

I haven't done the fight yet, but what color auras and skillchains are you getting that message on?
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-09-07 23:03:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Their corresponding colors. Gravitation on the dark-ish one. Frag on the green-ish one, Distortion on the blue one, Fusion on the red/white one. Doing those SCs knocks aura off quite easily on any difficulty below VD, but having issues on VD.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-09-07 23:06:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you done a level 2 SC into its corresponding level 3 after getting those messages?
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-09-07 23:33:48
Link | Quote | Reply

We have.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-09-07 23:45:42
Link | Quote | Reply

We have.

Figured, but was hoping that was the trick.
 Lakshmi.Spoiled
Server: Lakshmi
user: Spoiled
By Lakshmi.Spoiled 2016-09-08 00:25:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Did some VD Regular last night and noticed the Gnole would always stand up on my third or fourth provoke on PLD. Never had to do more than 4 to get it to stand, which makes sense because that is how gnoles in the past work as well. Not sure if anyone has figured this out yet, but just thought I'd leave it as a tip.
[+]
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2016-09-08 01:43:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Wondering if the number of WS steps taken in the skillchain matter at all for breaking auras on higher difficulties since we've seen that with popping Perfidien/Plouton.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-09-08 02:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry if I missed it, but did SE do the Intense Amb hallmark change they said they were going to do? I don't see it in the patch notes.

I did see Carbuncle.Nynja mention something but didn't give details on it. So not sure if he meant the same thing I am asking.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-09-08 02:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, that was implemented last month. 800 for D, 1200 for VD
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-09-08 02:05:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, that was implemented last month. 800 for D, 1200 for VD
Ah that sucks, I spammed VD last month for 1200. I didn't realize that was the new reward amount. Hadn't done D/VD in a few months so guess I forgot the old reward amounts :/

Thanks.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2016-09-08 16:39:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Vol 1 used to be double of Vol 2, except the difficulty didnt reflect it at all (Vol 1 was significantly more difficult than Vol 2). At x4, its a much better representation of the effort:reward ratio.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2016-09-08 17:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

You need 3~5 msg/lvl2 SCs per mob to remove auras in VD intense. SC's dmg don't matter so you can open/close with weak WSs, you can build tp on wyverns too if necessary.
You need 1~3 Light SCs when the boss starts spamming San spells to cancel Mijin Gakure Kai (does it at 74, 49, 24 and 4%~, last one is a simple Mijin Gakure), once again SC's dmg don't seem to matter. Aegis PLD can survive with EA+Scherzo but a NIN can tank it too if everyone dies, can also survive one with Perfect Defense+EA+Scherzo.
Beware, the Boss CAN counter a Geo-debuff spell (and certain other debuff spells) with Hemotoxin Wheel but it's possible to place one when it's asleep or to do something like Indi-Frailty+Geo-Precision.
Our average time is 15~20 min atm, we still have some difficulties to prevent Mijin Gakure Kai but the fight becomes more and more easy for my group.
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-09-08 18:00:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting. I still find it strange how we've gotten 2 messages from 1 SC on VD. Does that happen regularly with your group with weaker SCs?
 Carbuncle.Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2016-09-08 18:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, sometimes we don't even get a msg at all.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2016-09-09 18:27:55
Link | Quote | Reply

VD Intense :
Double message happens when the WS closing a SC triggers the enemy's SP.
It seems impossible to get a message if the SC is made while the mob is casting or doing a TP move.
Boss is still relatively easy to defeat with 3/4 auras removed.
[+]
 Asura.Kunel
user: Kuchane
By Asura.Kunel 2016-09-09 19:08:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
VD Intense :
Double message happens when the WS closing a SC triggers the enemy's SP.
It seems impossible to get a message if the SC is made while the mob is casting or doing a TP move.
Boss is still relatively easy to defeat with 3/4 auras removed.

Have you managed to speed up your runs at all now that you seem to have smoothed out a strat?
 Carbuncle.Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2016-09-10 02:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really, sadly it was late when we made these discoveries and we have all over 20k pts now but if we go again I'll ask the melees to build tp more often on the wyverns and use Mewing Lullaby as much as possible to reduce the frequency of tp moves when we have to SC.
By Sockfoot 2016-09-10 14:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Spoiled said: »
Did some VD Regular last night and noticed the Gnole would always stand up on my third or fourth provoke on PLD. Never had to do more than 4 to get it to stand, which makes sense because that is how gnoles in the past work as well. Not sure if anyone has figured this out yet, but just thought I'd leave it as a tip.

Possible it is a trigger, but it consistently stands at around 1:35 after engage in my experience (which would be consistent with your 3 Provokes @ 30s CD). Note that these numbers have held true for me regardless of a player provoking, trust provoking, or no one provoking, and as such I think it is most likely time-based.
 Cerberus.Aydogan
Server: Cerberus
user: Aydogan
By Cerberus.Aydogan 2016-09-12 08:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Just curious, were we able to purchase 20 Abdhaljs Dye in the July (Skadi's set) Ambuscade or was it just 10? I know we got to purchase 20 last month, so now I'm wondering if I missed out on 10 from that one month.
By FaeQueenCory 2016-09-12 09:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

You're fine. The first month they were available there was only 10.
[+]
By Takisan 2016-09-12 11:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Most reliable way we've found to do D Intense is Tank NIN/RUN NIN/RUN GEO/NIN BRD/NIN WHM. Wivre aura is reliably taken out with Unda rune damage from the NINs, Sahagin aura is reliably taken out with Fragmentation (Ten > Metsu for us) followed by more Unda rune damage. At 50% when he starts spamming :San Elemental nukes before Mijin Gakure Kai, NINs use Migawari to mitigate the damage then bounce hate while keeping shadows after the rest of the party eats the dust. GEO and BRD subs NIN for Utsusemi to not get 1-shotted by Dessucate. About a 10 minute clear with 2 auras removed. Haven't been lucky enough to see more than 1 Mamool break their weapon, so don't know how fast it'd be if you could remove all 4 auras. If anyone has a reliable experience with breaking the DRG and WHM weapons, please share!

Tried doing the same methods of removing Wivre and Sahagin aura on VD, but to no avail. Boss ended up taking too little damage for us to bother trying to finish it off. Multiple attempts have shown no results with removing auras even when doing methods that worked on D, unfortunately.

Gawd, glad I spammed Intense VD last month and got the most outta that.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-10-11 12:34:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump

Noticed a lot of Ambuscade speculations/tests are being posted in the update thread. Are we done with this one or what?

>:
 Ragnarok.Hulkamania
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Hulkamania 2016-10-11 18:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

No idea, but I'd like to know if anyone has successfully solo'd the Orobon and using what setup?
By tyalangan 2016-10-11 20:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Two hours after update went live a JP Tizona BLU on YouTube soloed Orobon by what appears to be a BLU stun move (don't play the job) during its charm move (haven't done the fight so not sure if the move is the previously mentioned charm but by reading the other thread it can be stunned so I'm making assumptions). So, possibly take a job that can stun or has access to a stun WS and it sounds like it's not too bad.
 Bismarck.Cloudstrafie
Server: Bismarck
user: cloud7886
By Bismarck.Cloudstrafie 2016-10-11 20:51:53
Link | Quote | Reply

tyalangan said: »
Two hours after update went live a JP Tizona BLU on YouTube soloed Orobon by what appears to be a BLU stun move (don't play the job) during its charm move (haven't done the fight so not sure if the move is the previously mentioned charm but by reading the other thread it can be stunned so I'm making assumptions). So, possibly take a job that can stun or has access to a stun WS and it sounds like it's not too bad.

DO you happen to have a link by chance
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2016-10-11 21:19:27
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgI69A45iWI
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 28 29 30