Ambuscade Findings
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 28 29 30
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2016-09-06 20:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Will Req. ignore the Gnole damage reduction?
[+]
By Sockfoot 2016-09-06 20:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Didn't seem to, but I can try again after this pizza^^
 Odin.Speedyjim
Server: Odin
user: speedyjim
By Odin.Speedyjim 2016-09-06 20:35:01
Link | Quote | Reply

We've been trying everything live.

https://www.twitch.tv/sassyjimberly
 Sylph.Braden
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Braden 2016-09-06 20:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Had the Wivre aura break soon after I moved over to hitting it in the back. Happened earlier without using runes, so I doubt it's that. Possible that it's either about positioning (countering Granite Skin) or either Light (from August) or any magic damage.

Broke the Sahagin's aura at 1% once so far. Had Unda up, auto-attacked the back, and Koru-Moru dispelled Minuet a few seconds prior.
By Sabishii 2016-09-06 20:59:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems overly complicated for a damn ambuscade boss encounter that'll be gone next month lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Excalin
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Excalin
By Quetzalcoatl.Excalin 2016-09-06 21:01:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »

Req didn't negate anything so I went back to CDC spam to burn it down.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-09-06 22:13:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Most reliable way we've found to do D Intense is Tank NIN/RUN NIN/RUN GEO/NIN BRD/NIN WHM. Wivre aura is reliably taken out with Unda rune damage from the NINs, Sahagin aura is reliably taken out with Fragmentation (Ten > Metsu for us) followed by more Unda rune damage. At 50% when he starts spamming :San Elemental nukes before Mijin Gakure Kai, NINs use Migawari to mitigate the damage then bounce hate while keeping shadows after the rest of the party eats the dust. GEO and BRD subs NIN for Utsusemi to not get 1-shotted by Dessucate. About a 10 minute clear with 2 auras removed. Haven't been lucky enough to see more than 1 Mamool break their weapon, so don't know how fast it'd be if you could remove all 4 auras. If anyone has a reliable experience with breaking the DRG and WHM weapons, please share!

Tried doing the same methods of removing Wivre and Sahagin aura on VD, but to no avail. Boss ended up taking too little damage for us to bother trying to finish it off. Multiple attempts have shown no results with removing auras even when doing methods that worked on D, unfortunately.
[+]
 Bismarck.Lothoro
Server: Bismarck
user: Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2016-09-06 22:29:38
Link | Quote | Reply

For VD regular ambuscade, a couple things our party noted in our runs this evening:

1. Gnole can use Deabilitating Stance, which has potent counter damage, enough to wipe the party if you aren't careful.

2. Darkness SCs heal it, and seem to also increase the gnole's intimidation proc.

I tanked on BLU with no real issues, other than to watch out for the very rare Deabilitating Stance tp move. Setup was BLU BLU THF RDM GEO WHM. We were clearing in about 3 min - 3:30.

I hope there's a gimmick to triggering the gnole to stand up on its hind legs, because otherwise, it's going to be tough to zerg in under two minutes consistently.
 Quetzalcoatl.Excalin
By Quetzalcoatl.Excalin 2016-09-06 23:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Lothoro said: »
I hope there's a gimmick to triggering the gnole to stand up on its hind legs, because otherwise, it's going to be tough to zerg in under two minutes consistently.

Both times I soloed VD on BLU it stood up pretty quickly and stayed that way for quite a while if not the whole time.

Second time it did kill quite a few of my trust
 Asura.Mewwgoat
Server: Asura
user: mewgoat
By Asura.Mewwgoat 2016-09-07 03:57:46
Link | Quote | Reply

does infact use asuran claws, saw on standing up on normal, was only 150 damage to trion trust

edit: in fact, went again, saw it twice, 1245, and 1458 same set up and scenario.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-09-07 11:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Just had an instance where I got a "foe leader grows more oppressive" message 2 seconds after killing the Sahagin. This is getting kinda annoying to figure out, lol.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-09-07 11:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounding like you have to kill in a specific order
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-09-07 11:53:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Doubt it. I killed him 3rd and I always kill him 3rd.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2016-09-07 12:11:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Specific LVL2 SC's will break the auras of each NM on Intense... or so says the JP grapevine. Gravitation worked against the PLD. Supposedly Fusion for the WHM, Distortion for the DRG, Fragmentation for the MNK...

Order supposed to be WHM > DRG > MNK > PLD > Boss
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-09-07 12:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't get rid of the aura, it just weakens the adds. Was already tested last page. Instead of "Your foes' leader grows more oppressive", you get a "Your foes grow more oppressive".
By Xephyrs 2016-09-07 12:20:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Do the skillchains offer a one time weaken or do they "Stack". IE, multiple fragmentation on the MNK weaken it multiple times?
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-09-07 12:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

We've gotten 2 messages on 1 mob. Sometimes we don't get any at all (only experienced this on VD). I'm assuming the SC must do at least a certain amount of damage for it to count.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-09-07 12:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyway, as far as the Wivre goes, attacking from the front after Invincible/Granite Skin has given me 100% success rate with removing aura on VE.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-09-07 12:46:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Order supposed to be WHM > DRG > MNK > PLD > Boss
Missed your edit. Order of mobs SC'd does matter. So I guess there's multiple methods of removing aura. Can either do the corresponding SCs in order or some more annoying alternative way. Alternatives being: Attack from front after Granite Skin/Invincible for Wivre, randomly breaking DRG/WHM weapons by chance, Sahagin unknown. Better off just doing the SC order, though.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-09-07 13:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Regardless of how annoying it is, still is pretty cool they're adding new mechanics that are just not engage > ws > win
By Kuchane 2016-09-07 13:50:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
Regardless of how annoying it is, still is pretty cool they're adding new mechanics that are just not engage > ws > win

I find it quite enjoyable to figure this stuff out and glad that they are implementing some challenge. It'll make getting those sweet, sweet 1200 hallmarks afterwards feel even better!
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-09-07 14:04:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't have any luck knocking WHM aura off on VD. :/ Worked on E, though.
 Asura.Kunel
user: Kuchane
By Asura.Kunel 2016-09-07 14:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Compiling some additional info on Intense based on some JP blogs, wiki, and personal experience inside.

-All mobs counter any form of magic damage (even if it’s 1 dmg), and this includes BLU physical spells.

NIN – single target damage, charm, and poison
DRG – unknown
WHM – single target damage and silence
MNK – single target damage, poison, knockback
PLD – single target damage, silence, amnesia

-Mobs can be slept by a BLU’s Dreamflower or by BRD.

-Boss (NIN) on D is highly evasive, and even with 1230 base ACC misses were common. Suggesting to keep Geo-Precision up when it’s time to kill the boss.

-Lv2 SCs are definitely part of the mechanic to break the aura on the mobs, but there is another aspect that needs to be discovered. This could either be a certain damage threshold that needs to be reached on SC damage or some completely different mechanic.

Using lv2 SCs in the aforementioned order on normal successfully removed all the auras in a single try, but on D it was not a guarantee. I ended up breaking the WHM’s aura with Ignis rune damage and a scission SC, so not sure what happened there.

One group was even trying to go in the order depending on the type of day it was… But this seems a little far-fetched (not writing it off completely, but I dunno about this…)

I’ll be continuing to scour Japanese blogs to find out more information, as well as slamming my head against the wall trying to figure it out myself through trial and error.
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-09-07 15:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The SC method is probably just reaching a certain SC damage threshold on each mob that varies with difficulty. Doing the order noted above on D difficulty, WHM needed 1 SC, MNK and DRG needed 2 SCs, unable to break Wivre's 'cause Invincible *** with the first SC often. Afterwards, it's often too low on HP to be able to survive 2 SCs.
 Quetzalcoatl.Excalin
By Quetzalcoatl.Excalin 2016-09-07 17:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

So any Lvl 2 SC?
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-09-07 17:08:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The one corresponding to their aura color, though someone in LS did mention breaking Wivre aura with Darkness on E.
 Bismarck.Indigla
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2016-09-07 17:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Did Intense N with a JP group this morning, we did an order of DRG > MNK > WHM > PLD and it managed to break the boss aura. So not sure how important order is, or maybe different orders work. Sleepga was pretty easy to land on N and D on all except the PLD, but we only won N runs. We weren't able to get boss aura to break on D.

I don't know how many will want to do this but you can sleepga the boss and enfeeb him while he's asleep to avoid the counter move too. Most enfeebs land, but I forgot to check if silence does. :-/
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-09-07 17:59:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Did E like 10 times and broke aura everytime on SAM just doing the corresponding T2 SC. Order didn't matter. Only time I didn't get aura breaks were when the DRG was readying its retaliation move (2 samples), MNK readied HF (1 sample) and WHM was casting Sleepga (1 sample). I never had an issue with the Wivre. Odds are the SC damage requirements are just higher on higher difficulties.
 Asura.Kunel
user: Kuchane
By Asura.Kunel 2016-09-07 18:08:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Did E like 10 times and broke aura everytime on SAM just doing the corresponding T2 SC. Order didn't matter. Only time I didn't get aura breaks were when the DRG was readying its retaliation move (2 samples), MNK readied HF (1 sample) and WHM was casting Sleepga (1 sample). I never had an issue with the Wivre. Odds are the SC damage requirements are just higher on higher difficulties.

This is exactly what I am thinking as well. It's the damage threshold that is the key. The 4 add enemies in D really don't have a ton of HP either, so it'll be necessary to play around with the right WS / SC combos to ensure that the auras fall before the mob dies.
 Bismarck.Indigla
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2016-09-07 19:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

What about using the wyverns for TP then switching to the add for SC? or do they die way too fast?
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 28 29 30