First Page 2 3 ... 45 46 47
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-08-06 21:17:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Well - I can't cite for a few LS - But ours gives them a month trial -

If you can perform well and can make events - Welcome to the group...

If you can't... Well gratz on the free aeonic
[+]
By Afania 2019-08-06 21:52:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chaostaru said: »
Afania said: »
Asura.Chaostaru said: »
there's more complaining about cheating on this forum than GTA V (pc) forums. Pretty ridiculous considering this isnt a PVP game.

GTA 5 isnt MMO, so they dont have to deal with endgame LS adding a "how do you swap gears" tab to their application forms. Then proceed to intorrgate none GS applicant with "are you willing to learn GS?" sort of question, then follow up with rejection as soon as they answered "no".

Tl;dr: 3rd pt tool affects everybody, even in a pure pve game like ffxi.
They just have to deal with cheaters impeding there playtime with annoying hacks that literally ruin the game for those on the receiving end. None of which applies here. If a LS has those requirements then fine, dont play with them, it's totally your choice whether or not you choose agree to their terms. Find or make a ls with your own rules you agree with. Dont complain because they didnt let you in.

You are missing my point. I wasnt "complaining", I dont give a damn about peoples choice in a very old video game. I was pointing out facts that people who doesnt use tool are at disadvantage in because of human interacion.

Its one thing to use them and make it a requirement, its another to pretend it doesnt affect other people. It does.

Single player game is where tool doesnt matter one bit because there are no social interaction.
By Shichishito 2019-08-06 23:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

application forms
That's STILL a thing?

I still see it occassionally.
yeah, some even ask you if you plan to have kids.
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-08-06 23:31:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Single player game is where tool doesnt matter one bit because there are no social interaction.
even there are exceptions, if you're one of those people that brag about their highscores online or upload speedruns i also recommend to refrain from cheating in single player games.
 Carbuncle.Makonnen
Server: Carbuncle
user: Numbahz
By Carbuncle.Makonnen 2019-08-07 09:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bongyogha said: »
Bahamut.Shozokui said: »
Bismarck.Ihinaa said: »
Maybe I'll put on a bronze knife since my goal was to impress you 'n all.

Also, people still get upset that someone is using anchor and ja0? Must be lonely from atop that ivory tower. Maybe you and your 1-2 (or imaginary) other friends who still play vanilla can give me all the lessons on how to git gud. Or maybe you can teach me how to fix the dumb lag or limitations of the macro system with equipsets/macros since you obviously don't use gearswap.

Ghesh.... This guy sound's like he lives on top of this "Ivory Tower".. Completely arrogant and disrespects the context of people's posts. Upon noticing this w/several other members from our groups discord(who know ppl on this server), I can say based alone on his FFXIAH forum posts he is someone who seeks great power, puts others far behind himself and seems like he could NEVER be wrong(it would hurt his "ego" too much..)

Also I have seen a few videos he posted on Twitch and he constantly down talks other members IN HIS OWN GROUP.. (one example was a couple weeks ago he spoke about how someone dreamy and rdm were poor players w/Helm NMs and needed alot of help, need to make room for others) then next stream he seems like there best buddy.. It's conflicting.. Any good leader would do there best to keep this 100% behind closed doors (not for twitch streamers to hear)it's still up for anyone willing to find it.

Bottom line my friend... you should treat everyone as if they were "better then you" and live your life that way.. the flipside is wack, and you should never downplay anyone from your own group :( .

The forums are OPEN discussion pages, and speaking in the context you are, is superiority and elitism at its best. Based on the last few dozen posts it seem's like you'r just trying to be the next best socially popular dude "ls" out there. If you are in-fact a leader, you need to take many steps back and look over how you speak down to others.

Lastly, sorry for others involved. I feel forums should be for everyone to read and adhere and personal attacks are not-welcome and I apologize in advance for my post. It's just time we patched up how our forums and topics work. Thanks all !! <3

Every group is certainly different, but 3rd party tools can help offset some complications we all face. Once we have the ignorant mechanics put aside ones that do not match our current play-style and spend that time on enjoying the game and busting some skulls in, we can expend ourselves greatly.

As for the context of posts, I suppose at time's it may feellike that... however sometimes when you truly want to accomplish something GRAND its best to hop on and get into a loaded rocket and shoot yourself towards the Moon! Dreadnaught is certainly the LS where the leader will get your butt in that rocket, wont even buckle you in... and you'll be seeing stars before you know it!! There leadership is the driving motivator that helps there member's strive above and beyond there own expectations/limitations. So I would not downplay the way someone speaks, or act's towards others as a action of not having good leadership, most people who want to be the best would be happy to be faced in that circumstance.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2019-08-08 12:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [53 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Sterk
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-09-30 07:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Stun reliable on Schah? I've been going /WHM on my GEO to help out with healing during the add killing, but may change to /BLM if it means preventing Dark Arrivisme.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-09-30 08:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Try /drk. Arcane Circle subbed gives a nice 5% damage reduction for your party from arcana, as well as stun. Can't say I've played jobs that stun on Schah, I'm usually on RUN, COR, or RNG, so no comment on the efficacy of stun, but I do like that circle.
 Bismarck.Sterk
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-09-30 09:27:18
Link | Quote | Reply

We actually already get that from me subbing DRK on RUN. Was mostly just interested in Stun's magic accuracy.
 Bismarck.Sterk
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-10-04 23:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

For anyone else curious, my Stuns on Schah were still getting resisted with Tropical Crepe, Assassin's Drink, SV Threnody and Frazzle III. Only landed it once due to Elemental Seal.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [143 days between previous and next post]
 Kujata.Atarashi
Server: Kujata
user: TaoVhal
By Kujata.Atarashi 2020-02-25 10:41:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi All~

My LS and I have been working on Schah for the better part of a month now. We can basically super tank Schah + all the adds forever with just our pld and whm off to the side... but we have trouble with kill speed and time.

In our second party, we have COR or THF (Mythic) SAM (Empy/Aeonic) WHM (Mythic) PLD (Mythic) GEO (Idris) BRD (All)

The second party seems to run into problems whether it be barriers going up, or just general kill speed.

Is there any suggestions for which pieces to prioritize? I generally can't watch what the second party is doing because I'm busy keeping the super tank alive, but any suggestions, buffs or debuffs we might be overlooking, anything at all.

I can't help but feel like we have the proper gear, but are just executing incorrectly. There is surprisingly very little good, concise information online outside of the typical "spam smn" at it.

Our DD's do have Nirvana, but with only 2x, and more then 6 players, we would really like to do Schah with melee somewhat "properly".

Thanks for any and all advice. (And yes, I've read nearly EVERYTHING in this thread and online available before posting...)

Edit: Fixed a mistake with LS members gear for clarity.
By Pantafernando 2020-02-25 10:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Koga isnt that much praised nowaday though.
By SimonSes 2020-02-25 10:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The easiest "legit" method for Schach is ranged method. Just make a party for adds with 3 cors, pld, brd, geo and spam last stand keeping triple shot up as much as possible.
[+]
 Kujata.Atarashi
By Kujata.Atarashi 2020-02-25 11:03:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I think only 2 of the COR's have Death Penalty. Would a RNG be usable in the same situation as well? Or is slightly less geared COR preferred for the extra rolls?

Also, is there some benefit to the Ranged method that isn't apparent? (We haven't used Ranged on him at all, so I don't know if the damage is good compared to typical melee.) I just assumed in modern XI, Ranged dps just fell off a bit compared to melee. (I'm recently returned to the game, so I don't know if that is true in all content or not.)

Do you run into any issues with Gaja shield or any other complications?

Thanks for the tip.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-02-25 11:05:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Mind your kill order. You want to kill two Gaja as soon as they pop to avoid the shield going up and kill Bhata before they upgrade into Mantri. The others are lower priority and can be left alone if you're having trouble keeping up. Save the Mantri and Rathas for last, since they take a bit longer to kill.

Protection against status is pretty important -- amnesia and para can really stop you in your tracks. Barspells, malignance/kenta should be close to enough. Entrust a Vex if you're still getting hit with stuff. Your WHM should try to land Addle, too.

With 2 DPS, make a 2-3 step Light to maximize DPS. Shoha -> Mandalic -> Fudo, or Kasha -> Savage -> Fudo should be enough to one-shot a lot of the adds. SCD nosedives on Schah, but it's still worth SC'ing, IMO.

Keeping arcane circle up is another handy boost, if the tank and brd don't mind subbing /drk.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2020-02-25 11:08:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Koga isnt that much praised nowaday though.

Doji/Masa SAM is what they're saying if I read correctly.
Kujata.Atarashi said: »
In our second party, we have COR or THF (Mythic) SAM (Empy/Aeonic) WHM (Mythic) PLD (Mythic) GEO (Idris) BRD (All)

The second party seems to run into problems whether it be barriers going up, or just general kill speed.

Is there any suggestions for which pieces to prioritize?

IF your cor is geared well and has a savage blade set have them do that > thf. Also, if one of the plds can run/sam in 2nd pt for extra dps while holding hate on adds that will help out also. Last thing, is if your BRD is real crazy you can have em /nin and go buckwild with carn am3.
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-02-25 11:09:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I think only 2 of the COR's have Death Penalty.

Death Penalty doesn't matter on Schah, since she's dark element based. If you bring a COR, they should be using Naegling + Ataktos for Savage Blade. Or Fomal Last Stand if you want to go ranged.

Actually I wouldn't recommend ranged at all anymore. DPS is so much lower than melee, melee have malig/kenta armor now to increase safety, and there are some nasty hate resets that can wreck your run if they go off at the wrong times.
 Kujata.Atarashi
By Kujata.Atarashi 2020-02-25 11:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

This is exactly the kind of information I need. I really appreciate it. Any of this kind of stuff is invaluable.

Any personal tips or spells you make note of in your runs, order, etc.

Thanks a ton.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-02-25 11:13:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Its going to be very difficult to melee the adds with essentially less than 2 DDs if killing the Adds+Schah.

Essentially two ways to attack Schah. Be able to kill it before the 3rd add pops (around 1:10 after pop) and Schah itself gains too much -DT to be able to kill, Or ride out all the adds. There really is no middle ground- the only variance is some groups bring two "tanky" jobs and never kill the mantri at all, leaving the "puller tank" on the mantri when its time for schah proper.

But in low man attempts, this takes one of your contributors completely out of the equation for what HP wise is about 1/3 of the fight.

If you are going to attempt to melee Schah and kill all his adds, I wouldn't try with less than 9-10.

TANK (ideally PLD)
WHM
BRD (will be rotating in addition to providing haste/ballads to these two people)
GEO (not necessary, but damn it sure helps)

RUN (preferred LH and DD/Hybrid build so contributes to DD'ing)
DD
COR (melee COR)
WHM
BRD
GEO

The BRD+GEO in the Schah holding group are honestly there for the DD party who kill the adds, not the Tank.

-Have GEOs and the RUN /drk, and time usage of Arcane Circle to keep it up as much as possible on the DDs.

-Giving the DDs 8 songs allows to both boost raw stats for stronger WSs thru etudes and some defensive carols or minnes without sacrificing haste/accuracy/attack. Either have 2 BRDs used to rotating, or practice before attempting on schah itself. Its quite easy once you're familiar w/ it, but Party leaders need to at a minimum macro the invites of the Bards to speed it up as much as possible. Using something like AutoJoin/AutoInvite is ideal certainly, but not required for the purists among us :)

-Fully rebuff before engaging Schah, complete with blowing your 1hr abilities (Bolster, Soul Voice) and upon engage blow all the damage boosting /ja's that your DDs have. He's gonna reset all your timers at some point during the fight with Schah proper, so you might as well get the most out of them while you can.

-proper usage of temp items. In particular Charm Buffer. If he charms your group that's going to be 30s-3minutes of lost time depending on length of time as well as recovery. Regarding the damage-boosting ones, I typically save those for the final push, when the 1hr'ed buffs are gone.

You're aiming to engage Schah with around 16-18 minutes left. If you are engaging him with less than 12 minutes left and that few DD's, its probably not gonna fly.

tl;dr I think you need to add a 2nd GEO, 2nd BRD, and a DD RUN to your current mix, and then properly configure subjobs,buffs and temp usage for max efficiency on Schah and what's different about him vs other mobs.
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-02-25 11:36:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
Its going to be very difficult to melee the adds with essentially less than 2 DDs if killing the Adds+Schah.

Nah, we've done it with an average-geared SAM as sole DPS on multiple occasions in a party of 7. That SAM was acting as the puller and tank for the adds party too. Killed all the adds, including Mantri, with time to spare.

And if they aren't able to zerg, 2 BRDs is more of a hindrance than a help once dispelgas start happening.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-02-25 11:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I think only 2 of the COR's have Death Penalty. Would a RNG be usable in the same situation as well? Or is slightly less geared COR preferred for the extra rolls?

Also, is there some benefit to the Ranged method that isn't apparent?

Thanks for the tip.

As mentioned above, Death Penalty isn't the route you want to go on Schah or the Adds. This is an Annihilator/Fomalhaut Fight.

I've done Ranged Schahs in group sizes from 9-18, never needing more than 4 shooters even in that 18 man setup. Its very safe, it DOES require a pulling tank that has great sets to spike their enmity super fast, esp the Gajas,Rathas and Mantri- the Bhatas die so fast that hate really won't be an issue.

In terms of safety- finding that absolute perfect distance where you can shoot and not be hit by AoEs is important. I like the hill @2, but the ones at 3 or 5 should work as well.

In an All-Fomalhaut setup, just spam Last Stand and let the Light/Radiances happen naturally, but without constantly holding to 3k in order to make that happen. You'll only ever make two steps, so spam the WSs while trying to fit them together, but never sacrifice DPS just for the SC.

If you have a mixed bag of Annihilators and Fomalhauts, aim for a 3 step of anyone's Last Stand (AM down fine)> Coronach> Fomalhaut user AM-up Last Stand for double light/radiance. Remembering that Last Stand>Last Stand on its own won't chain, it needs the AM of Fomalhaut up to do that. But Coronach> Last Stand work both directions with ANY gun firing the Last Stand. Avoid Coronach>Coronach as the Darkness SC damage on the adds and Schah is paltry compared to light.

Bring at least 2 CORs, no matter if you have 3 or 5 total shooters. The ability for your Shooters to have a 4 roll mix of Chaos/Samurai/Hunters/Misers is INCREDIBLY powerful for shooters, and allows the BRDs to also sing more Minuets rather than double Preludes, or muck up your bubbles (you want a constant Fury on the shooters, Frailty from anywhere on the mobs, and entrusting AGI whenever possible.) by requiring Precision over Fury or AGI.

Roll only CORs are a wasted slot, a "half character" in terms of contribution but a full amount of added HP. If you've already got 2 shooting CORs with good rolls, bring an extra GEO instead of a rollbitch COR.

Benefits of Ranged Damage over Melee on Schah- you can position your shooters and tank (it takes some finesse) to avoid a lot of the status ailments, in particular the amnesia which cripples DPS. Its also typically simpler to buff a ranged group than a melee group- a melee group needs to worry about attack, accuracy, defense, haste. A shooting party uses position to avoid defensive needs and has no need to cap haste, reducing needs to accuracy and attack.
[+]
 Sylph.Reain
Server: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2020-02-25 12:09:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I would just cheese it with Soul Voice if you have a COR mule available. Bring your THF on COR too. SV/Clarion call before pop and use Cutting Cards x2 so SV will be back up for Schah. Make sure everyone has a Trib/Rad or your Bard will hate you. The COR mule can try wild card too but drop him before spawning although you could have him do extra rolls first.

Watch out for Schah's Royal Decree so it doesn't take your SV. Re-SV after adds for Schah. I wouldn't bother killing the Matri if you don't have to. Use 1hrs (especially Bolster, Asylum and Wild Card) before Schah takes them. Can use Charm buffers after Asylum wears or later if the fight is going slowly. Your Bard may want to overbuff marches and madrigals to counter the dispel if you have no other sources of haste and accuracy, and fire carol/barfira for amnesia.
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
Server: Ragnarok
user: ikariiiii
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2020-02-25 12:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
My group went today with 9 people + outside BRD + SCH, but a 6 man party would definitely be sufficient.

PT 1: WHM BRD COR COR SAM MNK
PT 2: RUN WHM GEO GEO
GEO bubbles are Wilt/Frailty and Torpor/Vex. Torpor was only really needed for Schah as he has rather high evasion compared to his adds.

Outside BRD gave Minnes and Honor March / Ballad 3 to both parties.

Outside SCH gave Regen 5 / Embrava to both parties, however this isn't necessary.

Inside PT CORs rolled Chaos/Samurai/Tactician's/Runeist's rolls.

Inside PT BRD gave Minuet 5/4, Blade Madrigal, and Victory March.

WHM should Barfira / Baramnesra to help resist amnesia as that is the only real issue, but if melees can wear Malignance set, it hardly lands.

RUN took next to no damage with good gear sets. DDs provoke/ranged the adds as they spawn. We even had a mistake where someone grabbed Mantri early (usually left for last) and it melted. Really an unremarkable fight if people have close to BiS pieces and DDs use their hybrid. In hindsight, we probably didn't need the outside buffs anyway but we hadn't gone in a long time so we wanted to be careful.

--from bgwiki, but I've also done it recently with

RUN (epeo)
MNK (karambit) COR COR BRD(4 song) GEO(no idris) WHM(yagrush)

popped it on the MNK so all the adds come straight to the melee group fighting away from Schah. savage blade spam and mantra to keep people alive with random deal was a nice combo, nothing is hard until schah, however, and its really just that he's evasive
 Lakshmi.Darkdoom
Server: Lakshmi
user: DarkdoomG
By Lakshmi.Darkdoom 2020-02-25 12:19:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi All~

My LS and I have been working on Schah for the better part of a month now. We can basically super tank Schah + all the adds forever with just our pld and whm off to the side... but we have trouble with kill speed and time.

Is there any suggestions for which pieces to prioritize? I generally can't watch what the second party is doing because I'm busy keeping the super tank alive, but any suggestions, buffs or debuffs we might be overlooking, anything at all.

I can't help but feel like we have the proper gear, but are just executing incorrectly. There is surprisingly very little good, concise information online outside of the typical "spam smn" at it.

Our DD's do have Nirvana, but with only 2x, and more then 6 players, we would really like to do Schah with melee somewhat "properly".

Thanks for any and all advice. (And yes, I've read nearly EVERYTHING in this thread and online available before posting...)

Bhata>Ashva>Gaja>Ratha, we left Mantri alive til adds were finished iirc.

Our setup as far as I can remember was RUN WHM GEO, WAR SAM COR BRD GEO WHM. We may have had a second BRD, but I think we left it out for HP and only used it for extra SVCC songs at the start on the DDs.

You have to designate a DD to pull the adds and they need to be on top of it, you generally want the next add on the way to the DDs as soon as the current one dies. Multi-stepping the adds should be killing them in <30s or your gear/buffs aren't actually up to par. It took us a few tries to get the rhythm down, but we found it far more consistent than AFAC for Schah after we got used to doing it this way.

I was RUN for these, and the biggest tip I can give there is being really, really careful with how much aoe hate you use. You want juuust enough to keep the adds on you, but still able to be peeled off immediately with one provoke. If your DDs have to run in to pull adds, shits going to go sidewise really quickly, and if they have to stay in to kill them, a wipe or timeout is likely imminent just from the TP moves ruining your dps.
[+]
 Shiva.Spynx
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2020-02-25 12:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Anyone done it with MNKs yet?
MNK works really well both in zerg and killing all the adds scenarios. It hits like a truck, counters often to limit phys dmg, can wear malignance to avoid most status/magic dmg and doesn't feed much TP. I got my last 2 Schah kill with 6 people and MNK as only DD and adds died in like 1-2 SC. Of course it was not your average MNK (shoutout to Mrgrim) but a decently geared one will still wreck them when heavily buffed.
By Mrgrim 2020-02-25 14:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I’ve killed 6/7 with mnk lol. Only on schah I use a dedicated tank to hold schah and adds and a manawall blm to hold erinys’adds while I hold and kill Erinys lol. You dont even need to mew Erinys nowadays if you know what you doing lol.

Also thanks for the shout out, Spynx P:
 Shiva.Malthar
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2020-02-25 14:44:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Mrgrim said: »

I’ve killed 6/7 with mnk lol. Only on schah I use a dedicated tank to hold schah and adds and a manawall blm to hold erinys’adds while I hold and kill Erinys lol. You dont even need to mew Erinys nowadays if you know what you doing lol.

Also thanks for the shout out, Spynx P:

Draylo,
Grimm just called you out. Whatcha gonna do? Huh?
Video incoming
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 45 46 47