Asura.Shiraj
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-08-05 04:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kalimairo said: »
Asura.Shiraj said: »
You do realize (fixed it for you) how hard it is to successfully 5 man Melee Zerde, let alone 5 box it. Just give the dude credit he deserves. I don't see you doing this anytime soon.

He was manually curing as you can easily tell.
i do realize but why is he lying.

I'm a British ***, I say "realise", not "realize"... never fixed it.

Ejiin didn't lie about anything lmao. Everyone knows about Anchor, and other tools. 5 boxing as well as Ejiin does isn't easy at all so no point trying to be a white knight about it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
Server: Bahamut
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-08-05 05:26:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihinaa said: »
Maybe I'll put on a bronze knife since my goal was to impress you 'n all.

I didn't mean to give you the idea that it's not impressive to do HELMs without buffs.

Like I said, congrats homie. You did it. Finishing the aeonic process is seriously cool the first time no matter how it's done. Doing it without full support gives you the cool guy card.

Also, people still get upset that someone is using anchor and ja0? Must be lonely from atop that ivory tower. Maybe you and your 1-2 (or imaginary) other friends who still play vanilla can give me all the lessons on how to git gud. Or maybe you can teach me how to fix the dumb lag or limitations of the macro system with equipsets/macros since you obviously don't use gearswap.
By Shichishito 2019-08-05 05:27:12
Link | Quote | Reply

so no point trying to be a white knight about it.
isn't usually the person who rushes to someone elses defense considered the white knight?
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-08-05 05:35:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
so no point trying to be a white knight about it.
isn't usually the person who rushes to someone elses defense considered the white knight?

This guy is acting like every 3rd party tool is like committing a crime.
And no, I'm simply saying Ejiin deserves the credit for doing this and posting it public because many people thought it was impossible. And the fact this tool is giving him ***over stupid stuff like 3rd party tools is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

Controlling 2 characters without some form of automation is bad enough, 3 is definitely the limit, but 4 and 5 you need some form of automation, right?
He had react on GEO, no big deal. He said he was manually curing on his WHM, which if you pay attention to you can see cures are slightly delayed because he was doing skillchains and cures at same time.
By Shichishito 2019-08-05 05:37:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Shozokui said: »
Also, people still get upset that someone is using anchor and ja0?
isn't that stuff usually hidden unless you use the konami cheatcode?
could be wrong but if even the people who write 3rd party tools have second thoughts wether they should ship it out of the box or not then its not very far fetched to consider them very controversal.
don't act like they are as commonly accepted as windower is, it might be the case in the bubble of ppl that surround you but not by everyone, not even close.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-08-05 05:52:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I still believe Anchor and Jazero are just QoL improvements. I hated that stupid input lock. Dealt with it for ages, Jazero is legendary.
Anchor is just nice, lets me and others be a bit lazy. No real harm in it.

Pretty sure 80% or more of current FFXI players use gearswap, there is the smallest amount of people that actually use equipsets anymore that it's considered normal to use GS.

You can do so much with Gearswap so why isn't that frowned upon?
 Bahamut.Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-08-05 05:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

could be wrong but if even the people who write 3rd party tools have second thoughts wether they should ship it out of the box or not then its not very far fetched to consider them very controversal.
don't act like they are as commonly accepted as windower is, it might be the case in the bubble of ppl that surround you but not by everyone, not even close.

I could be wrong, but isn't GearSwap and AshitaCast just observing and injecting packets? Man, if only anchor didn't use that pesky packet manipulation. Man, if only battlemod didn't read and manipulate packets. Man, if only every plugin and addon ever created wasn't reading game memory to display or alter that information in a more consumable way to make your game play experience easier in a way that could be considered gasp cheating

Every shade of gray is a variant of black.
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-08-05 05:58:39
Link | Quote | Reply

some shades are much darker than others.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-08-05 06:01:03
Link | Quote | Reply

some shades are much darker than others.

Ok, let me clear it up for you. The second you inject any line of code that isn't SQEX published, you are cheating. Plain and simple.

So unless you give everything up, quit crying when not everyone's north points the same direction on the compass.
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-08-05 07:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, let me clear it up for you. The second you inject any line of code that isn't SQEX published, you are cheating. Plain and simple.
me: "blue rocket is more toxic than potatos."
you: "but they both grow in soil fertilised with ***!"

So unless you give everything up, quit crying when not everyone's north points the same direction on the compass.
i wouldn't shed a tear if SQEX decided to ban everyone that doesn't play with the vanilla client even if that included me.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-08-05 07:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

me: "blue rocket is more toxic than potatos."
you: "but they both grow in soil fertilised with ***!"

i wouldn't shed a tear if SQEX decided to ban everyone that doesn't play with the vanilla client even if that included me.

Neither would I, but I'm not over here splitting hairs about who's description/implementation of botting is worse.

Btw, the client taking any action that you did not directly invoke is botting. So anything that analyzes the I/O stream and modifies or injects any data whatsoever is the literal definition of automation/botting.

As Shiraj said, it's a QoL change for a game that's almost 18 years old now and has clear signs of aging poorly / not being able to keep up with modern hardware or software.

None of the master trials I've been were ever made easier by raise-sliding. None of them were any easier because I use ja0. Less annoying, yes, easier, no.
By Shichishito 2019-08-05 07:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

but I'm not over here splitting hairs about who's description/implementation of botting is worse.
cause you're way to busy trying to convince yourself that all cheats are equally accepted.

None of the master trials I've been were ever made easier by raise-sliding. None of them were any easier because I use ja0. Less annoying, yes, easier, no.
ja0 doesn't make fights easier by avoiding animation stun?
turning mid WS to avoid gaze attacks or run out of range is no advantage at all?
raise sliding to get out of aoe range quicker and avoid double weakness doesn't make it easier either?

stop fooling yourself.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-08-05 08:37:15
Link | Quote | Reply

ja0 doesn't make fights easier by avoiding animation stun?
turning mid WS to avoid gaze attacks or run out of range is no advantage at all?
raise sliding to get out of aoe range quicker and avoid double weakness doesn't make it easier either?

stop fooling yourself.

It's funny you keep telling me to stop fooling myself except I have no reservations about what these things are. I just explained to you what windower, ashita, addons, and plugins all do in great detail.

If you want to feel superior because your packet manipulation is somehow "better" than other people's packet manipulation, rock on brother.

Post deleted by User.
By Bongyogha 2019-08-05 09:03:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihinaa said: »
Maybe I'll put on a bronze knife since my goal was to impress you 'n all.

Also, people still get upset that someone is using anchor and ja0? Must be lonely from atop that ivory tower. Maybe you and your 1-2 (or imaginary) other friends who still play vanilla can give me all the lessons on how to git gud. Or maybe you can teach me how to fix the dumb lag or limitations of the macro system with equipsets/macros since you obviously don't use gearswap.

Ghesh.... This guy sound's like he lives on top of this "Ivory Tower".. Completely arrogant and disrespects the context of people's posts. Upon noticing this w/several other members from our groups discord(who know ppl on this server), I can say based alone on his FFXIAH forum posts he is someone who seeks great power, puts others far behind himself and seems like he could NEVER be wrong(it would hurt his "ego" too much..)

Also I have seen a few videos he posted on Twitch and he constantly down talks other members IN HIS OWN GROUP.. (one example was a couple weeks ago he spoke about how someone dreamy and rdm were poor players w/Helm NMs and needed alot of help, need to make room for others) then next stream he seems like there best buddy.. It's conflicting.. Any good leader would do there best to keep this 100% behind closed doors (not for twitch streamers to hear)it's still up for anyone willing to find it.

Bottom line my friend... you should treat everyone as if they were "better then you" and live your life that way.. the flipside is wack, and you should never downplay anyone from your own group :( .

The forums are OPEN discussion pages, and speaking in the context you are, is superiority and elitism at its best. Based on the last few dozen posts it seem's like you'r just trying to be the next best socially popular dude "ls" out there. If you are in-fact a leader, you need to take many steps back and look over how you speak down to others.

Lastly, sorry for others involved. I feel forums should be for everyone to read and adhere and personal attacks are not-welcome and I apologize in advance for my post. It's just time we patched up how our forums and topics work. Thanks all !! <3
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-08-05 09:38:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I just explained to you what windower, ashita, addons, and plugins all do in great detail.
again, i didn't say the things you listed aren't cheats.
you're trying to justify your use of ja0 by comparing it with windower, basically argumenting both are cheats/bots, therefor they are equally acceptable.

but that train of thought would also declare all sorts of resource generating bots as accaptable.
if for example everyone that runs windower also ran sparks bots 24/7 then nobody would accept gil anymore and you could close the auction house.
windower on the other hand arguably expanded the life span of FFXI tremndiously.

conclusion: while all 3rd party tools can be considered cheats/bots they have individual impacts on the game, therefor it can be argued they should be judged individually.

so if you use the more exotic ones you have to expect harsher criticism.
 Asura.Kalimairo
user: kalimairo
By Asura.Kalimairo 2019-08-05 10:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I could be wrong, but isn't GearSwap and AshitaCast just observing and injecting packets? Man, if only anchor didn't use that pesky packet manipulation. Man, if only battlemod didn't read and manipulate packets. Man, if only every plugin and addon ever created wasn't reading game memory to display or alter that information in a more consumable way to make your game play experience easier in a way that could be considered gasp cheating

i actually never touch those i quit because of that, game used to be fun before all of this *** now everyone apparently a pro with 0 game knowledge.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-08-05 10:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

It's pretty obvious that anchor, react, and ja0 provide a benefit.

'None of the master trials were made easier by raise sliding'? The entire reason you use raise sliding is to reduce the chance you get hit by an aoe whilst getting up, which is normally substantial due to the long animation lock.

Anchor removes knockback, which means that you have less repositioning to do, which tends to be where people die.

React isn't worth even mentioning. If you don't believe that makes things easier, you're absolutely insane.

Gearswap/AC are primarily QoL, you can even accomplish snapshot and instacast swaps properly now by combining /equip and /equipset. You can't slide while raising, avoid knockback entirely(I know some gear reduces it, but it wont zero all moves), or instant swap without the matching addons.

Yes, everyone cheats to an extent. No, that doesn't make it less relevant. Plenty of people have beaten these same fights with none of the blatant cheats(think Afania even did it without gearswap, but can't speak for his party members), and the fights only exist to challenge folk. Surely if you're as good as you think you are, you could stop using them whilst streaming.
[+]
 Asura.Kalimairo
By Asura.Kalimairo 2019-08-05 10:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You do realise how hard it is to successfully 5 man Melee Zerde, let alone 5 box it. Just give the dude credit he deserves. I don't see you doing this anytime soon.

He was manually curing as you can easily tell.
manually curing? i see his WS goes as he curaga his other characters, pretty sure auto scripts, il never come back to this game when 90% of the addons are still allowed, , i dont see him manually curing i see him DD'ing and everything else is automatic hell even his ws's are auto script, please go play mobile games guys egoistic ***'s.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-08-05 10:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

the quality we hate in others is usually the quality we possess. People hate the arrogant and cocky egomaniac, but all I ever see in many of these threads is the same cast pointing fingers at who is the more obnoxious. It's exhausting reading that kind of tone all the time.

I would really love at some point to see SE completely cancel/ban anyone found to be using bots/3PT after a specific date, just to see how many people stick around to play this game. Then we'll see who is all about the "challenge" of FFXI, or who is just here as an ego check.

Edit: comeatmebro's last paragraph hit the nail on the head.
[+]
 Asura.Kalimairo
By Asura.Kalimairo 2019-08-05 10:46:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
the quality we hate in others is usually the quality you we possess. People hate the arrogant and cocky egomaniac, but all I ever see in many of these threads is the same cast pointing fingers at who is the more obnoxious. It's exhausting reading that kind of tone all the time.

I would really love at some point to see SE completely cancel/ban anyone found to be using bots/3PT after a specific date, just to see how many people stick around to play this game. Then we'll see who is all about the "challenge" of FFXI, or who is just here as an ego check
this is why i *** play in eden, if you get mad coz of a private server the devs on that private server created 90% of this addon *** he might as well play there, the funny thing 90% of the addons he made is bannable there lol,

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Kalimairo
By Asura.Kalimairo 2019-08-05 11:03:09
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
I would really love at some point to see SE completely cancel/ban anyone found to be using bots/3PT after a specific date, just to see how many people stick around to play this game. Then we'll see who is all about the "challenge" of FFXI, or who is just here as an ego check.
They could make a separate server for the white knights to play their vanilla FFXI on.

I equally support the idea of a separate olympics where performance enhancing drugs are allowed.
i would not touch live servers if Square actually does that,
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-08-05 13:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2019-08-05 13:24:23
Link | Quote | Reply

the quality we hate in others is usually the quality we possess. People hate the arrogant and cocky egomaniac, but all I ever see in many of these threads is the same cast pointing fingers at who is the more obnoxious. It's exhausting reading that kind of tone all the time.

Edit: comeatmebro's last paragraph hit the nail on the head.

Idk, I think it depends on what you mean by third party.

Some people legitly only use Windower to dual box without needing another CPU, but don't use add-ons.

I have absolutely no qualms with these people.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-08-05 13:47:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Neither do I. When you look at this game and the features it DOESN'T have, many of the addons make perfect sense. Log into any modern MMO and you can see the difference immediately by just opening a menu. The limitations on FFXI are just dated, for lack of a better term. If SE would have just made most of Windower's features native, it likely wouldn't have even been a thing.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-08-05 13:55:45
Link | Quote | Reply

You use 3rd party tools ffxi????

Reeeeeeee
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-08-05 14:03:23
Link | Quote | Reply

All content is doable without windower, nothing actually is impossible from using Vanilla. However using addons just makes life easier, which why wouldn't you want? It's an old *** game.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 42 43 44 ... 45 46 47