Bahamut.Butmunch
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Butmunch 2019-08-05 19:16:27
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Bahamut.Butmunch said: »
if you have to zombie kill on sch then they dont know what a magic eva set is
I don't play SCH but most SCH I have seen do it have died once with Helix on and got up to do another to finish it.

Bar water and poison magic eva set will block poison 100% of the time stun is a sometimes but after that swap to a DT set with regen he cant kill ya then Helix and when the aura is up MB what ever is need to break the arua (EXP. he nukes water you do thunder)
 Asura.Shiraj
Server: Asura
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-08-05 19:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

lol.
It's not the gear that makes the makes the player. Skill/Knowledge > gear for basic stuff. Kist is basic stuff.

And I have nothing to prove about soloing stuff, I do it cos I'm bored. I've already shown I can solo 75% of an Aeonic with trusts so what else is there to prove?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2019-08-05 19:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Neither do I. When you look at this game and the features it DOESN'T have, many of the addons make perfect sense. Log into any modern MMO and you can see the difference immediately by just opening a menu. The limitations on FFXI are just dated, for lack of a better term. If SE would have just made most of Windower's features native, it likely wouldn't have even been a thing.

Just another random thought on this topic.....

My biggest pet peeve with addon isnt "Im better than you because I use/dont use it" kind of ego contest, but the fact that community(especially NA/EU) often organize strategy based on members having them, then it turn into some sort of peer pressure that makes vanilla players life really hard in endgame community because they are unable to execute certain task, thus having lower value within the group as a member.

Case to the point, back when delve just came out in 2013, every NA delve group Ive joined utilized auto invite for brd cor rotations....and these groups flat out refuse to go unless someone has auto invite. When they tried to go without auto invite 80% pt will fail at brd swapping for one reason after another so eventually it became a must have thing at that time.

I was in a JP LS back then and I was impressed at how they deal with brd swapping. Before they enter they will have brd and pt lead make drop/invite macros and test them to make sure it 100% works. The drop macro will have a call stating brd is dropping, the invite macro is just /pcmd add name.

So when brd rotation happened the brd that drops will make some noise with call to warn the leader and leader just need to spam invite macro like mad to invite people back to pt.

Its really a very very small addition to the strategy, but it greatly eliminate the chance of vanilla players *** up brd rotation because they didnt notice brd dropped, or leader try to invite brd by typing names then spell wrong, or leader try to invite brd by opening menu and be 10 sec slower.

But NA pt that Ive been to just wouldnt do it, or never thought of doing it. Because they are too used to the convinience of having auto invite, to the point that they couldnt accommodate people without them.

There are countless other similar examples such as popular Ou or kei strategy and many others. There are tons of ways to organize a better pt, reduce human error and be less reliant on tools. But once community are too used to using them it gets harder to go back. then the member that dont use them will have difficulty fitting in as a result.

I guess thats also the reason why MilkPudding and Inquisition are 2 of my favorite LS. When the leaders dont use tool themselves and organize strategy base on that, its much easier to fit in as a vanilla player because no one will ask me to do things only doable with tools. On the same time things still got done efficiently as leaders come up with other solutions to solve the issue.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-08-05 19:23:41
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Being able to solo things on a max geared Epeo RUN doesn't mean you can consistently solo Kist on a self-proclaimed gimp RDM...

My rdm is leeched master JP lol. I barely know how the job works, but it's easy to understand if that makes sense. I ain't as smart as some people on RDM, but I know basic ***like en-spells and how to gear for stuff to a certain extent and when to use certain stuff, etc.
I understand that breaking aura removes zombie effect therefor allowing me to cure. I resist poison 9/10 times because I know when to switch to Magic evasion set.

And once again no, Just because I'm Epeo RUN doesn't matter. I could solo everything I can now with Lionheart. Epeo is an overpowered accessory that people use as an excuse for not being able to do stuff. Sure Epeo is *** amazing, doesn't mean it's the thing that makes or break a win or not.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-08-05 19:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Go watch Hunqryjack solo Kist on RDM instead he done an awesome job on doing it, I already know what I can do lol. I got nothing to prove to anyone.

If you really wanna see me solo Kist, go watch my RUN solo Kist video, hint: RDM soloes Kist easier than RUN so it's way smoother.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-08-05 19:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bongyogha said: »
Ghesh.... This guy sound's like he lives on top of this "Ivory Tower".. Completely arrogant and disrespects the context of people's posts. Upon noticing this w/several other members from our groups discord(who know ppl on this server), I can say based alone on his FFXIAH forum posts he is someone who seeks great power, puts others far behind himself and seems like he could NEVER be wrong(it would hurt his "ego" too much..)

Also I have seen a few videos he posted on Twitch and he constantly down talks other members IN HIS OWN GROUP.. (one example was a couple weeks ago he spoke about how someone dreamy and rdm were poor players w/Helm NMs and needed alot of help, need to make room for others) then next stream he seems like there best buddy.. It's conflicting.. Any good leader would do there best to keep this 100% behind closed doors (not for twitch streamers to hear)it's still up for anyone willing to find it.

Bottom line my friend... you should treat everyone as if they were "better then you" and live your life that way.. the flipside is wack, and you should never downplay anyone from your own group :( .

The forums are OPEN discussion pages, and speaking in the context you are, is superiority and elitism at its best. Based on the last few dozen posts it seem's like you'r just trying to be the next best socially popular dude "ls" out there. If you are in-fact a leader, you need to take many steps back and look over how you speak down to others.

Lastly, sorry for others involved. I feel forums should be for everyone to read and adhere and personal attacks are not-welcome and I apologize in advance for my post. It's just time we patched up how our forums and topics work. Thanks all !! <3

Hey man, I'm the voice of reason. Some people want to cry, but don't realize they're hardcore cheating to begin with. GearSwap and AshitaCast make ***that isn't possible, possible. It's a 100% hardcore cheat. Play vanilla if you want to cry about ja0, anchor, etc. It was never argued that they're not marginal advantages, they are. They're not so much of an advantage that anyone using them should be considered worthless and having not accomplished anything.

"Behind closed doors" is a cop out. If you won't say something to someone's face, don't say it at all. That's literally called being a ***. Those players you're mentioning did need help, and admitting that / not living in a bubble is the first step to getting better. You can be someone's friend and say they need help and still need improvement. That's called honesty.

I like how you're bringing my linkshell dynamics into it. I work incredibly hard for every person in my linkshell, any of my members would tell you this. If I weren't a good leader, we wouldn't have the accomplishments we have today. If you think you can get 20+ people to follow you through all the *** while you're being an asshat, it's just wrong brother. You think the jokes we make to each other in conversation are disrespectful? They're jokes man. Everyone in our company knows that and finds it funny. If people didn't, they just speak up and we don't make those jokes anymore. It's basic common sense man.

You can call it egomania, but people follow confident people. You cannot be afraid to fail or be afraid to be certain in what you know. I learn everything I need to know to get things done. That's why I've been so successful. If you got the clear, got the kill, and everyone had fun it doesn't matter if your initial idea was wrong or you had to wipe a few times to get there. You don't have to be perfect to be likable / a good leader.

The best quality of a good leader is the understand every chess piece on the board better than the piece itself. If you do that, you'll understand every possible situation, make the right calls, and at the end of the day land in success.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-08-05 19:38:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The more and more you are so determined to say Kist is hard is the reason you get carried through your aeonics and then claim they're easy.

Soloing Kist isn't hard lmao. You're making it out as if it's *** impossible and requires BiS jobs, R15 rema dps and ***, like no dude, Kist is not bad, get over it.
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-08-05 19:54:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Shozokui said: »
It was never argued that they're not marginal advantages
None of them were any easier because I use ja0. Less annoying, yes, easier, no.

I learn everything I need to know to get things done. That's why I've been so successful.
that and maybe a little the fact that you aren't afraid to utilize some of the more exotic 3rd party tools.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-08-05 20:02:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
It was never argued that they're not marginal advantages
None of them were any easier because I use ja0. Less annoying, yes, easier, no.

1. Those fights are not easier because of those tools. If you think so, you've either clearly never done them or you still at this point have no idea how these tools work somehow.

2. "Marginal" means "very little" or "edge case", please don't misquote me again. Marginal gains in the context of all of FFXI =/= Master Trials

I learn everything I need to know to get things done. That's why I've been so successful.
that and maybe a little the fact that you aren't afraid to utilize some of the more exotic 3rd party tools.

See point #1 above.
By Shichishito 2019-08-05 20:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

indeed i haven't done any of the trail fights, but i have a hunch that you don't just run ja0 when it has no advantage and turn it off as soon as 2-3 seconds animation stun make the difference between win and whipe.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-08-05 20:40:36
Link | Quote | Reply

indeed i haven't done any of the trail fights, but i have a hunch that you don't just run ja0 when it has no advantage and turn it off as soon as 2-3 seconds animation stun make the difference between win and whipe.

That situation doesn't exist is what I'm saying. Just watch the fights. You don't run in and out, you don't engage/disengage promptly, you don't have to turn around. You can't accomplish anything that you can't do easily vanilla. Where is the huge advantage man? Using something that makes the game feel more snappy is like saying all the 60FPS players are cheating because their game runs smooth.

You aren't performing real-time dodging. You sit on the mob and melee it to death like 99% of the rest of the content in the game.

If/when you die, you raise before the next TP move because you cannot avoid and AoE by raise-sliding.

There is no magic addon that makes you go from 0 to 100 bro, so trying to diminish people like Eijin's accomplishments because he uses send commands, gearswap macros, and ja0 is ***. That's the only reason I keep going round for round with you to disprove this stupid ***. Not because I'm an "egomaniac that can't be wrong" or "I'm a mega cheater that has no skill".
By Ricon 2019-08-05 20:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ghesh.... This guy sound's like he lives on top of this "Ivory Tower".. Completely arrogant and disrespects the context of people's posts. Upon noticing this w/several other members from our groups discord(who know ppl on this server), I can say based alone on his FFXIAH forum posts he is someone who seeks great power, puts others far behind himself and seems like he could NEVER be wrong(it would hurt his "ego" too much..)

Also I have seen a few videos he posted on Twitch and he constantly down talks other members IN HIS OWN GROUP.. (one example was a couple weeks ago he spoke about how someone dreamy and rdm were poor players w/Helm NMs and needed alot of help, need to make room for others) then next stream he seems like there best buddy.. It's conflicting.. Any good leader would do there best to keep this 100% behind closed doors (not for twitch streamers to hear)it's still up for anyone willing to find it.

Bottom line my friend... you should treat everyone as if they were "better then you" and live your life that way.. the flipside is wack, and you should never downplay anyone from your own group :( .

The forums are OPEN discussion pages, and speaking in the context you are, is superiority and elitism at its best. Based on the last few dozen posts it seem's like you'r just trying to be the next best socially popular dude "ls" out there. If you are in-fact a leader, you need to take many steps back and look over how you speak down to others.

Lastly, sorry for others involved. I feel forums should be for everyone to read and adhere and personal attacks are not-welcome and I apologize in advance for my post. It's just time we patched up how our forums and topics work. Thanks all !! <3
There's a lot here, I'll be fair to this too.

Ghesh.... This guy sound's like he lives on top of this "Ivory Tower".. Completely arrogant and disrespects the context of people's posts.
I mean I guess? I can think of a dozen others who were/are worse, does anyone here hold hands?

Upon noticing this w/several other members from our groups discord(who know ppl on this server)
Is this a thing? your discord gathers to discuss people you don't like on ah? So this is also some 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon? People in your discord group, know people on this server, who know Shoz personally or know of him or know of people who know of people who know him? Weird flex but ok.

I can say based alone on his FFXIAH forum posts he is someone who seeks great power, puts others far behind himself and seems like he could NEVER be wrong(it would hurt his "ego" too much..)
So I would guess that everyone playing a game would "seek great power" there, if you are saying that is his personality in general you are dead wrong. For the first year I was in Dreadnaught he was almost 100% behind the scenes, we pushed him to get out and hit the limelight. He played brd and whm for everything and while proud of his jobs never claimed to be the best in the shell.

OK, the meat and potatoes! No he doesn't. We are big kids, we need to be called out for doing something wrong or poorly, that's the best way to know what to improve. We all joke, I tell him weekly how weak he is and how he's second rate etc... Nobody gets in their feelings. Your example about the pair in question, those are not their mains, those are not heavy focused and they were lacking in that one instance, the goal was to clear in a timely manner and get everyone on to something else so mistakes were made, called out, and we moved on. You say he seemed buddy buddy? Are they chained here? If its really malicious don't you think they would leave? If he genuinely thought so poorly would he continue to take them? They are newly returned after an 8 year break and they want to get caught up, they want advice and not handouts. Why hide behind closed doors? We all speak openly, even if its to him about a mistake he made. No secrets no hand holding.

We don't live in a world where everyone is equal, most of the time someone is better than you, our group plays in a way that we enjoy competing with each other. No one is "downplayed". Clearing everything over and over can be boring, we make a game out of it. Let us do us, you already realize its not for you. We have fun.
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-08-05 20:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiraj said: »
Soloing Kist isn't hard lmao. You're making it out as if it's *** impossible and requires BiS jobs
his statement was in relation to other T1.
if everyone had to spam 100 of each T1 you'd probably see significantly more fails vs kist than vs most of the other T1.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-08-05 20:50:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiraj said: »
Soloing Kist isn't hard lmao. You're making it out as if it's *** impossible and requires BiS jobs
his statement was in relation to other T1.
if everyone had to spam 100 of each T1 you'd probably see significantly more fails vs kist than vs most of the other T1.

I can 100% see this, but only because people don't understand how Kist works. If everybody knew how to break the aura and not just throw SMN at it, then everyone would find Kist so much easier.
It's just the fact of people being lazy doing no research or they suck.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sterk
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-08-05 20:50:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Learning so much about Reisenjima T4s right now.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-08-05 20:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sterk said: »
Learning so much about Reisenjima T4s right now.

What is there to learn? Everyone just throws SMN at the damn things. Shame I know, but what can you do.
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-08-05 21:24:20
Link | Quote | Reply

That situation doesn't exist is what I'm saying. Just watch the fights. You don't run in and out, you don't engage/disengage promptly, you don't have to turn around. You can't accomplish anything that you can't do easily vanilla.
raise slide brings a advantage to every fight. i've witnessed multiple times people raising at the same moment, ja0 folks sliding conveniently to save distance while the others got smashed again.

content that requires to turn to avoid gaze attacks or run to avoid aoe got rather popular in recent years. lamia ambuscade, glassy thinker or kei just to name a few.

even in old content like dynamis animation lock can be a pain if you pull too many mobs.

just do content without ja0 for a while and see if you don't encounter instances where ja0 would have saved the day.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-08-05 21:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

there's more complaining about cheating on this forum than GTA V (pc) forums. Pretty ridiculous considering this isnt a PVP game.
People cheat. who cares. It's not like its 2006 and you need to outclaim Claim bots. Most of the stuff used today doesn't affect you at all. Most are QoL cheats.

If you dont wanna use any of them fine, Just dont think that it makes you any better at the game. Same goes for if you do use them.
[+]
 Bahamut.Minimuse
user: grumpette
By Bahamut.Minimuse 2019-08-06 01:49:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I am probably the most vanilla person in the game. 17 years totally vanilla. I only recently installed Widowers to run a few mules on the same PC. Dreadnaught has no problem accommodating my vanilla-ness. I only ask that they don't make me party lead because I am too dyslexic to type or read fast. Discord makes participating easier for someone with dyslexia. The guys always accommodate my vanilla play-style and dyslexia.

As for anything Geas Fete, if I see someone having trouble, I offer to help them. Having trouble with Golden Kist and I'm on COR? I'll help kill it for you. If your LS is having difficulty and I am nearby, either Shozokui or I will offer some assistance. I only ask that you pay it forward in the future when you see someone else struggling. If you can do without our help, congratulations!

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-08-06 02:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Imagine trying this hard. I'd love to have been carried through content. Who carried me through Sealed fate when I had no Epeo and not a single cure for the entire 56 minute fight? Who's backpack was I in?

You haven't been carried through aeonics is biggest load of ***i've heard of my life. You can't even dual-box good and expect people to carry your gimp *** through aeonics, I remember you hounding my *** for your 1st Aeonic which was Chango. With your shitty GEO which i'm pretty sure wasn't even 900 skill, nevermind no Idris. And a gimp COR. Yeah not carried. *** off.

Sucking up to Azz or being a friend? I'm friends with everyone who is cool with me. Although times have changed. If people I played with play good, you give them credit, I'll do that for anyone, it's called giving praise to people who deserve it so they keep it up.

If you could read you pleb. You'd have noticed that I mentioned Kist was only harder if you can't understand his mechanic, which clearly you do not since you're so adamant it's harder than other T1s.
I'm not the only one on this forum who've noticed you have selective reading.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Afania 2019-08-06 21:00:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chaostaru said: »
there's more complaining about cheating on this forum than GTA V (pc) forums. Pretty ridiculous considering this isnt a PVP game.

GTA 5 isnt MMO, so they dont have to deal with endgame LS adding a "how do you swap gears" tab to their application forms. Then proceed to intorrgate none GS applicant with "are you willing to learn GS?" sort of question, then follow up with rejection as soon as they answered "no".

Tl;dr: 3rd pt tool affects everybody, even in a pure pve game like ffxi.
 Bismarck.Sterk
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-08-06 21:06:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
application forms
That's STILL a thing?
By Afania 2019-08-06 21:08:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sterk said: »
application forms
That's STILL a thing?

I still see it occassionally.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-08-06 21:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I know a few peeps who don't use GS and play amazingly well - tho they have issues with lag and maybe stops some pieces from being equipped -

Not really mandatory unless you're dealing with a go hard...

Also LOL at those two fighting over who helped who and about Soloing Kist...
[+]
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-08-06 21:15:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chaostaru said: »

GTA 5 isnt MMO, so they dont have to deal with endgame LS adding a "how do you swap gears" tab to their application forms. Then proceed to intorrgate none GS applicant with "are you willing to learn GS?" sort of question, then follow up with rejection as soon as they answered "no".

Tl;dr: 3rd pt tool affects everybody, even in a pure pve game like ffxi.
They just have to deal with cheaters impeding there playtime with annoying hacks that literally ruin the game for those on the receiving end. None of which applies here. If a LS has those requirements then fine, dont play with them, it's totally your choice whether or not you choose agree to their terms. Find or make a ls with your own rules you agree with. Dont complain because they didnt let you in.
First Page 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47