Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 86 87 88 ... 175 176 177
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-01-24 17:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure which buffs your referring to but I did BST in dynamis last week and was able to juggle pets between sheep rage and slug ooze, alternating between bestial (always ready) and call beast. Used slugs for champion bosses in wave 2 and sheep in between and all of wave 1, since they are weak. I have no call beast merits or reduction gear, so it could definitely be smoother, but it actually wasn't too bad for bastok. You just have to know when you're in an area where you're going to get a lot of champions and adjust your pet choice accordingly. Rage can last almost 8min I believe, so you should be able to get at least 2 CB off in between with that duration.

A jug pet recycle trait wouldn't hurt either, since juggling in this fashion will burn through items but whatever. It's fun alternating according to the occasion but only if your timers allow. Probably someone with capped ability recast could suggest a better rotation cycle to get the best out of it.
By Felgarr 2020-01-24 19:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Not sure which buffs your referring to but I did BST in dynamis last week and was able to juggle pets between sheep rage and slug ooze, alternating between bestial (always ready) and call beast. Used slugs for champion bosses in wave 2 and sheep in between and all of wave 1, since they are weak. I have no call beast merits or reduction gear, so it could definitely be smoother, but it actually wasn't too bad for bastok. You just have to know when you're in an area where you're going to get a lot of champions and adjust your pet choice accordingly. Rage can last almost 8min I believe, so you should be able to get at least 2 CB off in between with that duration.

A jug pet recycle trait wouldn't hurt either, since juggling in this fashion will burn through items but whatever. It's fun alternating according to the occasion but only if your timers allow. Probably someone with capped ability recast could suggest a better rotation cycle to get the best out of it.

You didn't even devote a fraction of a second to what I asked. For example, Can Harden Shell and Rage be stacked together by using Bestial Loyalty - > Ready -> Leave CrudeRaphie then Call Beast -> Ready and keeping the sheep going forward? What are the timers for each of the pet buffs when applied to the master?
By FaeQueenCory 2020-01-24 19:23:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »
Can Harden Shell and Rage be stacked together
iirc, Harden Shell/Water Wall/Scissor Guard are the "Defense Up" status.
Rage is the "Berserk" status.
So there's no reason they can't stack... though should check if they're multiplicative or additive.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-01-24 19:38:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Well for one, you didn't even list which buffs you were talking about. The main page of the guide has all of the timers for each buff per pet, and it mirrors that exact value to the master when used (based on tp). Zealous snort and rage stack, but that's not surprising because they are different effects. didn't check the defensive ones. the only buff that lasts a decent amount of time is sheep's rage effect, upwards of 9 minutes, so you really can't get a huge benefit from bouncing between sheep and crab/turtle indefinitely
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2020-01-24 23:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
So there's no reason they can't stack... though should check if they're multiplicative or additive.
They're additive.

When you have Scissor Guard (or Water Wall) and Rage up at the same time, you get:
(DEF+100%) + (DEF-50%) = DEF+50% effect.

Harden Shell (DEF+50%) just cancels out the negative effect of Rage:

Rage's DEF-50% added with Defender's DEF+25% effect:

Scissor Guard's DEF+100% added to Defender's DEF+25% effect:

Rage + Berserk + Scissor Guard (Attack+75%, Defense+25% total):
[+]
By shamgi 2020-01-25 03:11:18
Link | Quote | Reply

That's actually pretty interesting.

Being able to pop a Rage from the sheep and then using the Pugil seems like it would be a pretty powerful combo, and not too terrible a DPS loss since the Pugil is a fairly decent warrior.

All the benefits and none of the drawbacks. Only pain in the *** part I can see is getting the buffs on before a fight or early into a fight(IE, during an ambu run).
By Felgarr 2020-01-25 03:12:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »
They're additive.

When you have Scissor Guard (or Water Wall) and Rage up at the same time, you get:
(DEF+100%) + (DEF-50%) = DEF+50% effect.

Harden Shell (DEF+50%) just cancels out the negative effect of Rage:

Rage's DEF-50% added with Defender's DEF+25% effect:

Scissor Guard's DEF+100% added to Defender's DEF+25% effect:

This is fascinating! Thank you as usual, Falkirk! ...Is there a potential combination of pet buffs that make it work while to burn Call beast and Bestial Loyalty Simultaneously? (Your status icons appear to be custom, so I can't tell unfortunately).
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-01-25 06:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

the icons are from XI View
By Vankathka 2020-01-25 06:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm really rather confused by what you keep asking Felgarr, Falkirk literally showed you everything you needed to know, but in short yes, in quick fights, IE Ambuscade if you wanted to, you can go Rage > Leave > Bestial > WaterWall/Scissor Guard > RandomDeal > Slug for attack/defense down/(hpdown aswell if using Unleash) in rapid succession. You can also use Unleash to reset Call Beast if no COR and you really just want something dead.

In longer events like dynamis, maintaining 2 buffs like Rage/Waterwall is...annoying but do-able, though switching between sheep and slug is more beneficial.

side-note, it really is rather annoying that WaterWalls duration is seemingly random, having access to Sheep Song is useful in dynamis when just doing Master melee but usually I want a 3k TP Rage then swap to Pugil when doing more normal mobs then NM ones since people tend to lose their mind when Ooze hits a group of mobs and they're already fry-eyeing a BST in Dynamis, I really dislike using the Crab as all its DD options is a big no, though I guess all pet Ready moves without Rolls are all kinda eh.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-01-25 22:40:09
Link | Quote | Reply

FYI Falkirk.

testing primal Rend in almost perfect set
Sacro Bulwark > Nukumi Gausape with Killer Instinct up.

not sure on syntax to change that fuction to not swap for primal rend and cloudsplitter...

and weaponskill ~= "Primal Rend"

something like this condition added maybe..
otherwise its adding alot of other weaponsills and omiting the magical ones.... or just disable it for awhile.

Also, just reconfirming:
Ankusa helm +3 > Jumalik Helm
Malevolence > Dolichenus (offhand)

if actualy using Weatherspoon ring, I'm not sure if fenrir or acumen is better.

Probably Epaminondas's Ring + Weatherspoon ring +1 really.

Without any relavant corsair rolls or geo frailty I hit 28106 on Apex Jagils.

Weatherspoon ring +1 shoudl take that up to around 31k
Frailty should take this up quite a bit really.

hmmm
putting up killer instinct w/ bird killer then swapping to fluffy bredo for pestilent plume gets me ~37k
weatherspoons should take that to about 41k.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-01-25 23:09:22
Link | Quote | Reply

SquareEnix said:
The following abilities of pets summoned with the job ability Call Beast have been adjusted so that there is no delay between inputting the command and activation.

They omitted Wild Carrot / Rhino Guard / Fantod, but these abilities are all instant.

Ozaii said: »
Does anyone know th3 exact values of vickies zealous snorts counter rate?

Tested on frogs, similar to what was done here, and got a little over 4000 samples for each test case:

Base CounterZealous Snort Counter
Counters5131608
Total Hits45244368
Counter Rate11.34%36.81%

The "Total Hits" row is a combination of successfully countered attacks, as well as regular hits.

Level 99 MNKs have the Counter II job trait (12%), which the first column is aligned with.
When you account for accuracy checks, the Zealous Snort Counter Rate is actually:
36.81 / 0.99 = 37.18%

Zealous Snort gives Counter+25, which matches the value of its Haste and MDB buffs.

shamgi said: »
I don't have exact numbers, but a quick test put it around 30-40%.

Yup! You nailed it.

Lol..
Bst/mnk
Sacro Breastplate + counterstance + Zealous Snort = Capped Counter rate

hmm don't really need sacro... 78% w/out it.
Might use Deliverance shield +1
kinda a funny build.
By Aerix 2020-01-26 02:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »

hmmm
putting up killer instinct w/ bird killer then swapping to fluffy bredo for pestilent plume gets me ~37k

Apex Jagil take +30% Light damage, so with 28.1k your actual WS damage would only have been around <21.7k on anything neutral to it.

Also, I assume you meant Malaise and not Frailty, since it's a magic WS. But Idris Malaise can practically double your WS damage, in any case.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-01-26 06:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Dang. I didn't even notice jagils took higher light damage

Thank you for the heads up
And yes of course I should have said malaise.

Guess I was more tired than I thought.

/Mnk using boost and /drg both did 32k damage using thuellaic ecu +1 in the offhand.

... hmm taking a look at it... most apex mobs are weak to light elemental.
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-01-26 08:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerix said: »

hmmm

Apex Jagil take +30% Light damage, so with 28.1k your actual WS damage would only have been around <21.7k on anything neutral to it.

Also, I assume you meant Malaise and not Frailty, since it's a magic WS. But Idris Malaise can practically double your WS damage, in any case.
No, Apex Jagils take normal light damage; make sure not to mix up skillchain damage modifiers with magic damage modifiers.
By FaeQueenCory 2020-01-26 10:20:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Now that is absolutely fascinating. I would have expected Berserk and Rage to overwrite each other or nix each other, same as how Bubble Curtain is the same as Shell(s).
I must make note of this.

Does this then make Sheep and /war Fencer builds the new best DD mode for BST?
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2020-01-26 10:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Berserk can even stack with the exact same berserk under some circumstances. There was one occasion where I, as a DRK/WAR, had berserk up, and then obtained a second berserk by stealing it from a mob that had absorbed it from a WAR in my alliance.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2020-01-26 10:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I have no words for how weird that is. Just from how literally every other attackĀ±/defenseĀ± is coded in this game to not stack with themselves... but Berserks do. Weird.
I wonder if Defender is equally bizarre.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-01-26 11:32:28
Link | Quote | Reply

berserk and defender do stack and gives you a net gain of nothing
By FaeQueenCory 2020-01-26 11:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

No. not that. Multiple Defenders.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-01-26 11:33:49
Link | Quote | Reply

oh, idk then
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-01-26 11:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Now that is absolutely fascinating. I would have expected Berserk and Rage to overwrite each other or nix each other, same as how Bubble Curtain is the same as Shell(s).

Only if there was a DNC somewhere nearby to give you Haste Samba.

Honestly SE needs to give BST DWIII naturally.
By Aerix 2020-01-26 11:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
No, Apex Jagils take normal light damage; make sure not to mix up skillchain damage modifiers with magic damage modifiers.

Edit: Nevermind, I just went to test it again with nukes. The values from the JP wiki are indeed just skillchain modifiers after all.

@Xilkk sorry about the misinformation. Your Primals should have been doing normal damage then unless Jagils have some separate weakness to Light or Dark damage that made me think the values from the JP site were relevant.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-01-26 12:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

Only if there was a DNC somewhere nearby to give you Haste Samba.

Honestly SE needs to give BST DWIII naturally.

This is exactly why when first thinking about this change, we wanted zealous snort to be job ability haste instead of magical haste.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-01-26 13:50:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay. Finally got some support I had an Idris geo

BoG Geo-Malaise
Indi-Acument
Killer Instinct
Wizard's Roll 5
Warlocks roll... something not max, but not weak.. so between 6 and 11.
Apex Jagil
73k Primal Rend

Weatherspoon ring +1 should take this to 81k

Rune Fencer gambit easily makes it max damage. Also, anything specifically weak to light it easy to max out with just the geo-as support for bst master.

I hope this is an eye opener of bst's damage potential. its really easy for bst to make the distortion opener with a pet also.

Also, unless Geo is using Blaze of Glory or bolster, the mdb down from fluffy bredo still makes a nice damage boost.

Honestly the corsair rolls were not nearly as important as the geo bubbles. I was able to hit 70k with just geo support.

Corsair rolls matter more when malaise is not boosted so much.
By Ozaii 2020-01-26 16:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Xilkk can you post your set for that rend pls.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-01-26 17:19:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay. Finally got some support I had an Idris geo

BoG Geo-Malaise
Indi-Acument
Killer Instinct
Wizard's Roll 5
Warlocks roll... something not max, but not weak.. so between 6 and 11.
Apex Jagil
73k Primal Rend

Weatherspoon ring +1 should take this to 81k

Rune Fencer gambit easily makes it max damage. Also, anything specifically weak to light it easy to max out with just the geo-as support for bst master.

I hope this is an eye opener of bst's damage potential. its really easy for bst to make the distortion opener with a pet also.

Also, unless Geo is using Blaze of Glory or bolster, the mdb down from fluffy bredo still makes a nice damage boost.

Honestly the corsair rolls were not nearly as important as the geo bubbles. I was able to hit 70k with just geo support.

Corsair rolls matter more when malaise is not boosted so much.

Now do this against Apex bats (outer raz) or Apex Hounds / Apex Skeletons (inner raz). Apex Jagils are kinda weak and we've been doing 90K WS's against them pretty regularly.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-01-26 17:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

My set is almost identical to what is in the guide.

I'm using acumen and fenrir ring +1
Pretty sure epaminondas and weatherspoon would be the only significant upgrades.

Otherwise hunting better dm augments from oseem

Sure. I would happily go after mobs in ra'kaznar

Hounds would be best for bst of course.

My point is not to show up all the other dds. It is to showcase where bst has a place for dd.

Without awareness, it's hard to get support.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2020-01-26 17:43:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Most endgame NMs seem to have 150-200 MDB. If you wanted to get a value for those, you could try it out on AAGK II. He's got 150 MDB on VE and 200 on N.
By Spaitin 2020-01-26 17:48:51
Link | Quote | Reply

the magic damage build has some issues. one of which being that on anything tough, you are going to TP super slow since all your buffs are going towards magic. Even on easy stuff you will TP fairly slow. Even guaranteeing 99k every time wouldn't be particularly great DPS since you would be tping so slow . I also assume you were firing at 3k TP.

Decimation spamm probably handily beats that primal rend build. Spike damage is great and all, but a poor indicator of DPS potential.

73k is actually fairly easy to pull off on other physical weapons or hybrid for apex mobs. heck jinpu can do a big chunk more than that on apex mobs consistently while TPing fast. Impulse torc,spiral,etc are going to average similar numbers with MUCH better TP gain rate. My point being, it isnt a very good indicator of where bst stands against other DD.

I could see it working in an alliance set up with multiple cors maybe.
By Vankathka 2020-01-26 18:04:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Decimation with proper buffs would beat Primal but...gain TP slow? What? With Malignance and AM3 BST can achieve 80+ STP on its own with minimal effort, swap Warlocks for SAM Roll and off you go.

With actual buffs maintaining AM3 is fairly trivial.
First Page 2 3 ... 86 87 88 ... 175 176 177