Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 79 80 81 ... 176 177 178
 Asura.Sirris
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-01-09 13:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Zealous Snort haste is magical or JA?

And yoooo I just did my Aymur trials too in anticipation of the update (but Dolichenus beats it out for pure master melee anyway, though we'll see).
 Asura.Bixbite
By Asura.Bixbite 2020-01-09 13:51:03
Link | Quote | Reply

How much does the crab stoneskin for?
By shamgi 2020-01-09 13:51:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Another thing is that Harden Shell comes from a 114 pet. Is that a hint on some of the jugs getting a bump?
[+]
By shamgi 2020-01-09 13:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bixbite said: »
How much does the crab stoneskin for?

When I tested it I got somewhere around a thousand per stoneskin.
 Asura.Bixbite
By Asura.Bixbite 2020-01-09 13:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

4 BST (snort/rage then switch to crabs spamming stoneskin) 1 Geo, 1 Brd pt lol :)
By ashcrow 2020-01-09 14:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

i dunno i always hated that game even snes/n64 versions, OOPS NOT BEAST MASTER I THOUGHT U WERE TALKING ABOUT KILLER INSTINCT CLOSES DOOR,
 Bismarck.Rwolf
Server: Bismarck
user: Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2020-01-09 14:08:45
Link | Quote | Reply

shamgi said: »
So I was just thinking about BST tanking and how it could work and then they drop this on us and it just got way better.
I was just thinking about that too. Malignance and DEF+100% from pet especially if it stacks with /BLU Cocoon would be ridiculous.
By shamgi 2020-01-09 14:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Other question to test:

Does Water Wall/Scissor Guard stack with Cocoon?
By shamgi 2020-01-09 14:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rwolf said: »
So I was just thinking about BST tanking and how it could work and then they drop this on us and it just got way better.
I was just thinking about that too. Malignance and DEF+100% from pet especially if it stacks with /BLU Cocoon would be ridiculous.

That or use Pangu and some other assorted pieces to hit DT cap and you should still have a pretty solid melee DPS set at the same time.

Both work though, BST can hit DT cap pretty trivially. You can even bypass it with Empy body and some killer gear.
By Nariont 2020-01-09 14:15:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Back when i was screwing around using absorbs on blu it didnt but that was ages ago
 Asura.Sirris
By Asura.Sirris 2020-01-09 14:18:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Other question to test:

Does Water Wall/Scissor Guard stack with Cocoon?

No, they should be the same Defense Up buff slot.

Another thing is that Harden Shell comes from a 114 pet. Is that a hint on some of the jugs getting a bump?

We could desperately use this.
By shamgi 2020-01-09 15:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 370606

A basic setup for tanking.

49DT plus Killer bonus DT.

With the ready change, you can stub PLD, DRG, DRK, or SAM if you're fighting those specific mob types as well, and none of them represent bad subs in totality.

But you have a lot of gear slots left over for offensive gear

Edit: This really makes me wish they'd allow us to do bind Charm when a pet was summmoned, it'd be an incredible hate tool
[+]
By clearlyamule 2020-01-09 15:51:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sirris said: »
Zealous Snort haste is magical or JA?
Don't think its been tested since well currently it makes no difference. Would probably need to steal it off the pet to do any real testing on it
[+]
By phunky 2020-01-09 15:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Hope it turns out to be ja haste. I'd love to make a fencer build work on bst.
 Cerberus.Dekar
Server: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2020-01-09 16:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

phunky said: »
Hope it turns out to be ja haste. I'd love to make a fencer build work on bst.

I wonder how well Mistral Axe + Fencer + Moonshade + Tri-Edge would perform.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-01-09 16:12:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't do the testing, but I vaguely recall talking to Falkirk. I'm pretty sure we chatted that it was JA haste.
but yeah, we really won't know alot until the changes are made and we test. I would be surprised if it is NOT ja haste.

having a ja haste method to cap haste while single wielding is a pretty incredible change for bst. I've already played around with bst/drg with Aymur and Am3. its pretty awesome how well I can maintain master only self skillchains (great for bursting pet). It will work better if I can have capped haste. Sweeping gouge is also a nice (tho not our best) def down move. Its also has the best damage potential for physical ready moves currently.

Duration and potency testing will be really important for this change. Either could be different for master than it is for pet. I hope not, but its exactly the sort of thing SE has done in the past.

As far as Bst/blu tanking goes, the challenge is keeping hate. but honestly, its quite easy to do. I did several experiments where I had zero trouble holding 1/2 dozen apex mobs with master and keeping my hp up w/ pet.
I tested on apex tarichuk and kept killer instinct up using pondering peter and self curing.

Biggest challenge is spell interruption for enmity spells. If things get dicey, you can snarl the enmity to pet and swap to pet dt gear. Then keep casting spells, and snarling it away.

However, building enough enmity to keep it off other dd's is difficult. especially if you are splitting it between master and pet. It should work pretty easily for pet party though.

Rage has a truly ridiculously long Duration. 6~9 minutes means you can easily full time and swap pets around.
Having a HUGE attack buff is really incredible for bst. We are really attack starved. We can really use the pdl trait and malignance bonus with something like this.

Zealous snort is 1~3 minutes. meaning you can full time it, but you won't want to swap pets for buffs. Vickie is really a fantastic mix for physical defense and offense. Tons of HP. having a 25 MDB boost to master is VERY nice since its so easy to cap dt now in tanking set or hybrid set. I will really like to test guard and counter for this as well, but capping haste while single or 2 handed wielding opens some fun builds to play with.

Crab buffs are also too short in duration to swap out. However for pure damage reduction, its very impressive. Bubble curtain may be mostly useless if it stays mdt. However, the ability to boost def, and easily reapply a HUGE stoneskin would actually be great for preventing enmity loss. If the stoneskin is merely a % of max hp it might not be so great, but really, 10s recast on stoneskin for 500 hp would be really awesome for tanking builds.

I don't see a clear use for rhino guard or secretion currently. what would we eva tank? though malignance set has huge amounts of eva and agi.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-01-09 16:17:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Dekar said: »
I wonder how well Mistral Axe + Fencer + Moonshade + Tri-Edge would perform.

its ok. but don't bother w/ Tri-edge really.

I have tried Tri-Edge, Fernagu, Moonshade
you are capped for tp bonus at 1250 tp. And all the best damage ws's for axe love the tp bonus.

However, I did more damage with Pangu, Fernagu, Moonshade than I did with Tri-edge.

/drg wsd bonus works REALLY nicely with Fencer build.
Though if for some reason you are using Decimation, Ruinator or Rampage more than Calamity and Mistral Axe, I suppose /war would be better.

Oh, and I do better damage with Calamity for a WSD weaponskill than Mistral Axe. Though Mistral axe has better skillchain property.
By phunky 2020-01-09 16:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Primal rend is great in a fencer build but you need to change your soa ring to weatherspoon ring and invest in an orpheus's sash to really take advantage of it.
By shamgi 2020-01-09 17:15:31
Link | Quote | Reply

So things to consider:

Malignance full set with the sheep means that it likely becomes some of the best WS pieces we have, because you can hit the attack cap and still benefit from all the physical damage limit +

We were discussing the BST tanking idea, and there's a point here that BST can easily self chain with itself given the use of the pet. Crab can create a three step darkness chain, while the boar can make Fragmentation into light, though that might be much harder because it requires the BST to go back to back.

If this BST tanking works, it also works in the context of the BST being able to produce some easy self chains for burst setups.
By Nyarlko 2020-01-09 17:54:48
Link | Quote | Reply

... Damn.
I see no Wild Carrot on that list....
My dream of mainhealing with Peter was shortlived.

:"(
By Mavrickx 2020-01-09 19:24:56
Link | Quote | Reply

are we all just assuming the buffs are full strength?
By Monko 2020-01-09 19:58:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh man, I finally called it on an update. Guess I can quit now.
 Shiva.Malthar
Server: Shiva
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2020-01-09 20:33:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Monko said: »

You won the game.
By Mrgrim 2020-01-09 20:33:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Malthar said: »

You won the game.
Hey Malthar, come back now, I quit mnk and playing beastmaster now :D. OOOOOOZE IT MAN.
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2020-01-09 20:34:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyarlko said: »
... Damn.

Dude, Wild Carrot is AoE for pty members and the pet. You can already main heal.
[+]
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2020-01-09 20:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyarlko said: »
... Damn.

Dude, Wild Carrot is AoE for pty members and the pet. You can already main heal.

I may just! lol

Let's see what the update offers for bst.

I've been playing Elite: Dangerous and studying for the Oracle 12c certification. 'Time to get my career back on track.
 Shiva.Siviard
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2020-01-09 20:43:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Mrgrim said: »

You won the game.
Hey Malthar, come back now, I quit mnk and playing beastmaster now :D. OOOOOOZE IT MAN.

I thought you were quitting the game entirely and not just quitting MNK?
By Mrgrim 2020-01-09 20:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Thinking of taking a break Siv. Been winning at ffxi too much that I might need a break, but 1st ill AG this aymur and play bst like old times lol.
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2020-01-09 21:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Mrgrim said: »
Thinking of taking a break Siv. Been winning at ffxi too much that I might need a break, but 1st ill AG this aymur and play bst like old times lol.

Now that I may be coming back he has renewed home to "Oooze it!" lol
 Asura.Sirris
By Asura.Sirris 2020-01-09 21:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The following abilities of pets summoned with the job ability Call Beast have been adjusted so that there is no delay between inputting the command and activation.
Secretion / Rage / Bubble Curtain / Scissor Guard / Metallic Body / Harden Shell / Water Wall / Zealous Snort

... does that mean no JA penalty, ala PUP maneuvers? Or just immediate activation like player's own JAs?

Eh it's probably the latter.
First Page 2 3 ... 79 80 81 ... 176 177 178