Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 78 79 80 ... 176 177 178
 Asura.Sirris
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-12-27 15:39:38
Link | Quote | Reply

You can get better Valorous but it has to be either a DM augment or an "off-roll" since that armor has no magical path?
By Nariont 2019-12-27 15:48:09
Link | Quote | Reply

It is, so taeons a fine alternative i guess with 20 mab, aug. Wsacc does nothing for magical ws, stp might do more there and idk if 10 chr would be better than 3 wsd on a 60% mod
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2019-12-27 15:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Escha_Rewards/Arcane_Glyptics_Inscription#Valorous_Armor_Set

Shows magic on there without DM but I'm not in game to check at the moment.
 Asura.Sirris
By Asura.Sirris 2019-12-27 15:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

CHR is actually a dSTAT on Primal Rend so it should be fairly powerful?
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-12-27 16:08:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Beast pet enmity is really bad, and snarl is unreliable at best, but serious doubts of any change on that end. They gave heyoka gear and said "good enough" (even though its not)

Feral Howl "adjustment" would be cool though. It's a neat concept but mostly unusable. Wouldn't count on that one either, unless they remove it and make it a natural ja to make room for ready damage+

Snarl is plenty reliable. not sure what you are talking about at all. It drops all enmity for all targets onto pet instead of master. Thats a fantastic job ability. However, you need to be able to generate the enmity also.
Currently the best option for that is /blu. MP management becomes difficult though. Unlike pld and run who use /blu to supplement their enmity generation, bst needs to rely on it almost entirely for enmity.

Bst pet enmity IS really bad though, because the only method is Dealing Damage and bst pets don't get buffed nearly as much as players to improve that. Therefor we need additional methods. Snarl is a great tool for that.. if the master had a decent way to generate enmity, but master also pretty much relies on damage.

Feral Howl is a good starter for enmity, but its recast is far too long.

charm is actually a decent tool for enmity... if we never use a pet, which is absurd.

btw it is REALLY fun tanking when you have 50% intimidation rate. :D

Quote:
You can get better Valorous but it has to be either a DM augment or an "off-roll" since that armor has no magical path?

You don't need dm augments to get mab 30 on valorous. I know this because I've done it... ALOT.

however, WITH DM augments I have mab 43 on valorous. I think 50 would be the cap if you get both slots maxed for mab.
I use 3x pieces of DM augmented valorous for Primal Rend.

Yes, the CHR for primal rend is very nice.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-12-27 16:11:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I just mean that its not enough. Not that it can fail or something, should of said insufficient.

Like if you cap and snarl, you'll recap get above your pet again (*if you play as a DD as intended) before snarl coolsdown ((because you're in DD gear, not pet turtle gear))
[+]
By clearlyamule 2019-12-27 16:19:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sirris said: »
CHR is actually a dSTAT on Primal Rend so it should be fairly powerful?
It's not nothing but dstat generally only makes up a small part of a ws dmg. Like for example if you got rid of dstat and boosted the chr wsc from 60% to 100% it would make chr more valuable than it is now
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-12-27 17:43:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I just mean that its not enough. Not that it can fail or something, should of said insufficient.

Like if you cap and snarl, you'll recap get above your pet again (*if you play as a DD as intended) before snarl coolsdown ((because you're in DD gear, not pet turtle gear))
Thank you for clarifying. And yes, you are completely right.

It is sufficient for keeping hate off master, but it is completely insufficient for keeping hate ON pet vs other party members.
 Bahamut.Elesar
Server: Bahamut
user: Elesar
By Bahamut.Elesar 2019-12-29 06:15:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it but it looks like from the preview photo that beastmaster will gain an ability that will allow the beastmast to gain the same buff as their pet. In the photo it looks like the sheep uses "rage" and the beastmaster also has that same red glow from the buff around her.

Edit: the photo I'm referring to is the preview for the January version update.
By Gambits 2019-12-29 07:11:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Elesar said: »
I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it but it looks like from the preview photo that beastmaster will gain an ability that will allow the beastmast to gain the same buff as their pet. In the photo it looks like the sheep uses "rage" and the beastmaster also has that same red glow from the buff around her.

Edit: the photo I'm referring to is the preview for the January version update.
a few people mentioned this yes, but! we are not getting any new JAs
Quote:
・Adjust merit points
・Adjust pet abilities
I think pet abilities will just affect master as well.
By Nyarlko 2019-12-29 11:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I think that they may be caving on the Charmer's Merlin issue and increasing the Ready recast reduction merit category so that we won't be dependent on it. Incoming 911 maint within 3 days of patch in that case, since it's unlikely that they will remember to include a lower bound 10sec cap, and non-BSTs will start a bitchfest about how 5-6sec Readys are OP.

They could make KI baseline and have the merit simply buff the effect, like other circle effects. Reasonable QOL improvement that could be claimed as an actual job adjustment, but basically no impact on play.

I'll be surprised if they go the route of making pet buffs affect master too, but mostly because of the extra workload involved in changing the code. If they are going to something that wide though, I wish they did it in a way that fixed some of the problems we have to deal with already before unrelated buffs. It might be amusing though if they include Wild Carrot and we get double enmity-free Curagas. XD
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-12-29 11:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyarlko said: »
I think that they may be caving on the Charmer's Merlin issue and increasing the Ready recast reduction merit category so that we won't be dependent on it. Incoming 911 maint within 3 days of patch in that case, since it's unlikely that they will remember to include a lower bound 10sec cap, and non-BSTs will start a bitchfest about how 5-6sec Readys are OP.

They could make KI baseline and have the merit simply buff the effect, like other circle effects. Reasonable QOL improvement that could be claimed as an actual job adjustment, but basically no impact on play.

I'll be surprised if they go the route of making pet buffs affect master too, but mostly because of the extra workload involved in changing the code. If they are going to something that wide though, I wish they did it in a way that fixed some of the problems we have to deal with already before unrelated buffs. It might be amusing though if they include Wild Carrot and we get double enmity-free Curagas. XD

Lol, very feasible ways they can screw up the updates.

However, the picture REALLY does look like the master is getting rage.

Its also completely likely that our speculation is off and they will do something we haven't anticipated.

oh! and a 5~6S Ready recast WOULD be broken. Its almost as fast as unleash like that. There would almost be no point in engaging on master at all if ready recast was that low.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-12-29 16:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Speculation on beastmaster damage.

It used to be that player pdif capped at 2 and monster/pet pdif always capped at 4.

most player pdif is almost up to 4.0 now.

higher for mnk and drk iirc.

so.. why not let pets get buffs?
By clearlyamule 2019-12-30 14:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
Speculation on beastmaster damage.

It used to be that player pdif capped at 2 and monster/pet pdif always capped at 4.

most player pdif is almost up to 4.0 now.

higher for mnk and drk iirc.

so.. why not let pets get buffs?
Sort of. Ranged was always higher at 3. 2hd was 2.25 I think? All of them could get decent boosts with crits. Meanwhile pets don't get any pdif boost from crits… and ranged pet attacks are still at 3.0
By Ozaii 2019-12-30 15:58:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello fellow bsts. I was wondering if anyone had aymur and full malignance. I am curious how it performs for a good acc/tp set while maintaining some defenses. Such as when maintaining am3. Mainly for when im meleeing on dyna. Am curious if its worth farming every piece of malignance or letting my cor, rdm, and other job friends get their malignance first.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-12-30 17:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ozaii said: »
Hello fellow bsts. I was wondering if anyone had aymur and full malignance. I am curious how it performs for a good acc/tp set while maintaining some defenses. Such as when maintaining am3. Mainly for when im meleeing on dyna. Am curious if its worth farming every piece of malignance or letting my cor, rdm, and other job friends get their malignance first.

Malignance set is fantastic for bst. I would not push everyone else ahead of you in line.

Yes I have r15 Aymur, but only 4/5 malignance set so far.

It is perfect for divergence. Get it.

Only downside for bst is lack of pet buffs.
 Bismarck.Rwolf
Server: Bismarck
user: Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2019-12-30 22:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Wild Carrot is already an AoE heal, unless I missed the sarcasm.

Given what they said they'll adjust and that pic, I'm afraid it's just gonna be remove Charmer's Merlin dependency and AoE pet buffs.

I feel like they wouldn't just let BST give a Attack+60%/Defense-60% status to party with current Rage so they'd just rework all buffs. Which just seems weird to me. I'm afraid of what new values will be and what it'll mean for BST going forward.

Do we get insane buffs at the cost of standing next to pet so we can never ask again for removal of distance nerf because they doubled down? I hope not.
By Nyarlko 2019-12-31 14:14:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rwolf said: »
Wild Carrot is already an AoE heal, unless I missed the sarcasm.

Given what they said they'll adjust and that pic, I'm afraid it's just gonna be remove Charmer's Merlin dependency and AoE pet buffs.

I feel like they wouldn't just let BST give a Attack+60%/Defense-60% status to party with current Rage so they'd just rework all buffs. Which just seems weird to me. I'm afraid of what new values will be and what it'll mean for BST going forward.

Do we get insane buffs at the cost of standing next to pet so we can never ask again for removal of distance nerf because they doubled down? I hope not.

I should have emphasized the "DOUBLE". Imagine being able to crank out 2k~3k curagas for your party w/ zero enmity gain, no MP cost, no spell interruption, while playing as a "frontline melee". IF they are able to successfully push us into master focus (at the expense of our pets damage output due to not swapping weapons,) AND if they goofed on that particular Ready move by including it in the proposed "AOE Ready buffs" list, I can see it being pretty darn strong tbh.

My guess is that they won't actually be AOE, and only apply to self+pet, which could work out decently well without pushing into actual OP territory for the most part. Don't forget, no matter how good the buffs are from pets, we'd still have essentially an empty kit as far as master meleeing goes (no JA/JT to speak of that encourages the decreed playstyle,) so it'd still be pretty unlikely that there'd be any need to bake-in negatives for balance reasons.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2019-12-31 14:51:22
Link | Quote | Reply

If somehow Wild Carrot ends up dropping 2 Curagas due to oversight of prior AoE status/spaghetti code. Unlikely, but I get what you were saying.

The only reason I'm worried it's not just master and pet is we aren't getting any traits or JAs. Based on SE stating back when people were asking for alliance buffs that the game is coded for single target, party or anyone in range only.

I think it would be great and not OP at all if the master had buffs from pet. They really need to tackle bigger issues if they want BST to melee.
 Asura.Sirris
By Asura.Sirris 2020-01-09 11:53:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Are we ready for tonight's update? I'm going to be glad to send Charmer's Merlin to a mule at the very least.
By Nariont 2020-01-09 11:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cant wait for that +1/merit regen on beast healer category for the merit portion
By Atusuki 2020-01-09 12:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

- Pet Special Attack time shortening

- Certain Pet's Buffs will also affect master.
Secretion
Metallic Body
Rage
Harden Shell
Bubble Curtain
Scissor Guard
Water Wall
Zealous Snort

Sic Recast Merit adjustment: Ready will be changed to 2 seconds.
[+]
By DononofSylph 2020-01-09 12:47:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bixbite
By Asura.Bixbite 2020-01-09 12:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so they just turned BST into a Axe warrior with a pet?
Seems like it's going become a one trick pony and be forced to always use Rage with Decimation (or whatever is the strongest ws.)

This change made the majority of pet jugs just flat out inferior.

IMO this a boring (but effective) direction they took BST in.
I assume makes it perhaps even competitive in the melee DD role? +60% attack and freeing up off-hand.
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2020-01-09 12:54:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Better than I thought it was going to be
 Bismarck.Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2020-01-09 13:08:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, I'll eat my hat. They found a way to share buffs with master without adding a JA or traits.

Kinda boring though. Forced to use Sheep/Raaz to melee. Probably capped but curious if they forgot to cap Ready recast at 10.
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2020-01-09 13:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Vickie is pretty strong tho I’m not mad at all about zealous snort
 Bismarck.Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2020-01-09 13:26:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Zealous Snort is nice. I don't like being tied to a particular pet to melee.
By shamgi 2020-01-09 13:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

So I was just thinking about BST tanking and how it could work and then they drop this on us and it just got way better.
By Ozaii 2020-01-09 13:46:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I finished aymur up just in time!!!
First Page 2 3 ... 78 79 80 ... 176 177 178